• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
“Hey Sunny! Thanks for accepting my challenge!” Astrid called cheerfully. “Show me what you’ve got!”

Astrid is in Lithe Stance!
This is Astrid’s Final Gambit!

Astrid activated Snow Warning!

Astrid used Nasty Plot!
Astrid used Nasty Plot!
Astrid used Nasty Plot!
Astrid used Wonder Room!

She was off at once, quickly identifying that the Blissey would not be able to avoid her speed. A hit, a big one, was within reach from the jump.

Of course, she had to celebrate when this was over. If she won, that is. Or if she lost—that was fine too—but she probably wouldn’t be awake for that.

Well. If she was, she’d make sure to be Noisy about it. Astrid smirked. This was so much fun. If only battles at home were more like this…

Astrid used Umbral Repulse! It chained into Celebrate!
Astrid used Brilliant Metanoia!

Her heart was thumping. She looked to the crowd briefly—a bad habit, taking her eyes off her opponent—for any Team Spectrum members present. Too hard to tell from this far, moving this fast.

Mmph. Here goes nothing…

Astrid Unleashed!

[+9, UE, STAB, HH, LB=1.1]
Astrid used Voidbound! It chained into Pressurized Blacklight Blizzard! [165 BP]

Astrid is brimming with Blacklight energy… it’s too much! She performed a Pressurized Blacklight Meltdown! [300 BP]

Astrid’s Eterna Spirit kept her in perfect health! But…

Stats: +2 Accuracy, +6 Magic
Stamina: -351 for the first five actions, then -198 for the sixth to send her into jail, then -272 from the final action (Final Barrage lets her move once in jail)
Shade: +40 from Repulse, +30 from Unleash, +60 from Blizzard
Radiance: +80 from Metanoia, +60 from Blizzard
Misc: Unleash, +Metanoia, +Endure, +Wonder Room, +Celebrate, +Hail, removed from battle

She stumbled, crumbled, and settled firmly into the colosseum turf. “Nnngh…”

It took several seconds, but she was on her feet again, only barely. Warding off a bout of lightheadedness, she turned to look at her opponent. Everything was out of focus. There was no fight left in her; indeed, she’d burned out very fast. Had it been bright enough?

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Astrid's Blizzard dealt a CRITICAL 19650 damage to Sunny!
Astrid's Blacklight Meltdown dealt a CRITICAL 32896 damage to Sunny! In one barrage, Sunny was KOed!

The guardians barely had any time to manifest before Astrid's strikes forced them back to the spirit realm; Sunny stood there, dumbfounded at first, with scorches all around her fur before she seemingly fainted standing up. She rolled onto her back, puffing out a small plume of smoke, and that was all. The audience seemed confused, wondering what had happened, and Incineroar seemed unsure what to say as well.

"It seems... that Astrid's opening barrage, er, finished the battle!" Incineroar said. "It seems that those who want to fight Astrid will need to prepare some opening defenses, er, next time...!"

TheGOAT

🗿
Pronouns
Him/his
Partners
  1. serperior
  2. alolatales-goat
And then Sunny fell—er, rolled back (she’d be fine probably, but yikes).

There’d been something about Sunny’s energies, hard to pinpoint exactly what, that Astrid had latched onto. Or maybe, it had latched onto Astrid, but whatever, either way, she’d reversed something. It opened up a critical weak point. Nothing like that had ever happened before, not that she could recall. She wondered if it was repeatable; Sunny’s spirit was unique and complicated, so possibly not.

The crowd seemed almost disappointed. Astrid didn’t blame them… tickets weren’t always cheap when Spectrum fighters were abound. The extra prestige it tacked onto those fights—even unspectacular bouts like these—invigorated her or annoyed her depending on the day. Today, she supposed she just felt tired, burnt out, and ready for a nap, but satisfied after a win. She’d stood on her own and won.

Astrid gave a bashful wave as she made her exit.

<><><>​

R15 ~ Brisa v Chip

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Colosseum duels were a regular fixture in Brisa's life by now, and a week never went by without at least a couple of really solid fights, but it wasn't often that she fought with items, nor against an opponent with a reputation quite like Chip's. Brisa knew the fella had beaten Astrid by a hair by using a horde of mechanisms, or some such contrivance. Well, she could try to match that with some peculiar skillset practiced in the training grounds, or she could go in with a more ordinary prepared moveset and see how she fared. She liked the sound of that second option better, and as such, here she was.

Facing down among the strangest fellas she'd ever had the pleasure of meeting.

"Howdy, Chip!" she called. "Y'got new contraptions in yer bag of tricks fer me t'day?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Oh, you bet I do!" Chip said with a buzzing, staticky glint in his eyes like his usual self. "But instead of Aatrid, I want you to meet... Brisa 1.0! I think I caught your personality perfectly!"

And once the match was called, Chip threw out several flying beads of metal that shaped themselves into determined-looking, unmoving faces of Brisa.

"Go, darlings! My pretties!"

Chip's Science activated!
Chip summoned the Mecha Brisa horde!
Chip is filled with determination and science! He has a resolve at 50%!

Chip: 1,000
Mecha Brisa horde: 10,000

The Mecha Brisas are on fire!
The Mecha Brisas are preparing Facade!

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Yeah, that's about what I expected," drawled Brisa, limbering up and letting Radiance, electricity and Protect barriers alike shimmer off her mane.

"Let's throw down."

(1) Brisa used Protect 4!
Brisa Multitasked and ate her Cautious Seed!
(2) Brisa used Brilliant Paragon!
Brisa Multitasked and ate her Reflex Seed!
(3) Brisa Focused deeply...
Brisa Unleashed her Tenacity!
Brisa got her Second Wind!
Net Bars: -50% hp, then +51 hp, -308 stm, then +92 stm, +58 Rad
Net Stages: +4 Atk, +4 Spd, +3 Def, +3 Res, +3 Eva
Net Other: +Unleashed, +Paragon, +2 Charge, +6 Protect

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"I've got it, pardner!"

"I've g g g g g got it!"

"Don't hold hold hold hold back, now!"

"BZZZZAP!"

The swarm pummeled Brisa, destroying a barrier!
Chip used Tri Attack on Brisa, twice, destroying two more!

"You can't hide behind barriers forever!" Chip shouted. "What're you gonna do now, electrocute me?! Oh, wait--wait wait wait wait--"

The Mecha Brisas took 625 HP in damage! The Burn isn't going away!

Brisa: 323

Chip: 1,000
Mecha Brisas: 9,875

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Sand an' spit, the darn things didn't sound nothin' like her! Anyway... Electrocute Chip, huh?

"Yeah, somethin' like that," called Brisa, grinning.

Shadows pooled around her fists. Let's see how this fella handled a solid blow, then.

[+8, Stab, Guts, Charge, +50 Para]
Brisa used Umbral Overcharge and then Electric Facade against Chip! [Crit]
Brisa used Electric Facade against Chip, twice! (If Chip hits Resolve, then target the Horde)
Net: -152 stm, then +44, +51 hp, +30/64 BL, -2 effective Charge, -1 Protect

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Electric Facade dealt a CRITICAL 2356 damage to Chip! It hit his Resolve! His new resolve is 1%!
Brisa's other two Electric Facades dealt 3581 damage, staggering them from attacking! It appeared to be neutrally effective!

"GAAAAH!" Chip went flying backward and onto the ground, but he hastily muttered something while pulling out one of two larger metal orbs from his bag. He immediately tossed them to the sky. "Help!" he shouted... and the orb expanded and reshaped itself rapidly. "You... won't win this time, either, Spectrum! I repaired Mecha Reshiram to full operational order! GO! ATTACK!"

Chip summoned Mecha Reshiram!
Chip used Tri Attack on Brisa, destroying another barrier!

Mecha Reshiram used Iron Defense, gaining 2 Defense!
Mecha Reshiram used Flamethrower on Brisa, destroying the final barrier!
Mecha Reshiram is guarding Chip!

Mecha Brisa is staggered, and didn't attack this turn! It's hurt by its burn!

Brisa: 374

Chip: 500
Mecha Brisa: 5169
Mecha Reshiram: 3000

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa grit her teeth, Blacklight plasma flaring across her fur. She was used to making the best of a tough situation, but damn near every option was risky as hell. And she still had no idea how hard her opponents could hit. Hold back, hold back, tough it out...

She focused... There was the ghost of an impulse in her mind. There's more than how things are. There's also how things should be. Brisa surged forward, the replica of Reshiram enough to make her want to strive for her best. She strained her body, yowled a battlecry, and hit the damn thing with her absolute best, before turning on the horde in an electrified frenzy.

Counterattack that.

[+8, Stab, Guts]
Brisa Focused deeply...
Brisa used Umbral Overcharge to Bolt Strike Reshiram! [Charge, Crit]
Brisa used Electric Facade on the horde!
Net: -85 stm then +33 stm, +51 hp, -10 Rad/+24 Shd

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Mecha Reshiram took a CRITICAL 3281 damage from Brisa's Bolt Strike!
The Mecha Brisa horde took 1278 damage from Brisa's Electric Facade!

Chip is vulnerable!

"A-ahh! Noooo! Not again! I thought I made you sturdier than that!"

"The truth truth truth is..." But it ran out of power.

Brisa's flying heads were all struggling to coordinate against the real Brisa, its own Facades unable to connect with how hard her attacks were disrupting the swarm.

"No, I... I'm not done yet!" Chip cried. He was digging through his bag and tossed another orb on the ground... but it rolled, inert. "H-huh?!"

Nothing seemed to be happening... It was probably not that important. For some reason, Owen in the stands seemed worried.

"F-forget it! I'll just attack you myself! HaaAAAAA!"

Chip used Tri Attack on Brisa, but it missed!
Chip used Hyper Beam on Brisa, dealing a grazing 67 damage!

Brisa: 358

Chip: 500
Mecha Brisa: 3,266

There's an orb on the ground, but it appears to be unbreakable...

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa turned to Chip and swiped at him with a Blacklit-paw, just enough to really send him spinning. Then she turned breathed hard, apprised the state of combat, and got back to the business of destroying her metal doppelggangers. That would certainly improve the battlefield conditions, whatever it was that was in that final orb. She knew better than to underestimate something unknown.

[+8 Stab, Guts]
Brisa used a basic Blacklight Strike on Chip! [UE]
Brisa focused deeply...
Brisa used Bolt Strike on the horde! [Charge]
Net: -36 stm then +30 stm, +51 hp, -8 Rad/-8 Shd

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's strike dealt 1430 damage to Chip, taking him down to critical health!

Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 1740 damage to the Mecha Brisas! they're barely able to keep it together, and only a few remain!

Chip went flying, but stopped himself in midair, panting. That Hyper Beam had taken a lot out of him, even though to Brisa it had only been a mild inconvenience against her natural vitality. It was as if her very presence was deflecting the beam away from her.

"I... my creations... are being toyed with like prey to a Persian... how..." Chip collapsed, too weak to keep fighting. He stared at the orb. "Please... I need you. I need you to... help..."

Chip called for something...!

Incineroar stepped closer, humming. "It appears... that Chip is no longer able to--"

The orb trembled. A strange wave of energy emanated out of it... Then a burst of energy that forced Incineroar to skid back, shielding himself with a Protect barrier. "Whoa!" he shouted. "It looks like Chip has one last trick! But what is it?!"

??? used Earth Power on Brisa, but she dodged!

The ground shook and an ethereal light flooded out from within the ball. A strange power emerged and slammed onto Brisa from above. Light bent around the orb and twisted like one of Joule's strange portals. It practically looked like reality itself was collapsing around it, everything becoming distorted and heavy...

??? used Punishment! Its power went up thanks to all of Brisa's buffs, dealing a grazing 195 damage!

The light faded. Incineroar squinted, finding no sign of Chip before he heard a metal clanging and an echoed, tinny laughter coming from where the orb had once been. It was Chip... within the head of the final trick.

"YOOO O O O O! WHAT IS UP UP UP UPUPUPUP?"

Mecha Arceus used Judgement-Ground, dealing 95 damage!

Brisa is Staggered!

Brisa: 119

Mecha Arceus: 5000
Chip: 10

Chip is hiding inside Mecha Arceus and cannot be hit!

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Shoulda drilled Magnet Rise," muttered Brisa, scanning her new foe for weak points with her luxray vision. What a joke. She needed a plan...

Ah, fuck it. Time to do something stupid.

"Y'ain't seen nothin' yet!" roared Brisa, before slamming into the divine mecha with her best attack, and again, before the light in her surged, and—

[+8, Stab, Guts, UE]
Brisa used Blacklight Facade, twice, against Robot God!
Brisa Multitasked and drank an Elixir!
Brisa used Brilliant Paragon! Brisa fainted!
Brisa got her Second Wind...
Net: +17 stm, self-KO then +51 hp, reset BL, +2 Protect, +2 Atk, +2 Spd, +2 Charge

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's double Blacklight Facades dealt 2962 damage total to Mecha Arceus!

"He-hey! You can't do that!" Chip shouted, flipping open the observation screen to point at Brisa as the Reviver Seed started to do its work. "That's... too clever! well, don't worry! I have just the thing for tricksters like you! My next attack will be your last!" Chip shut the door again, giggling madly.

Chip used Nasty Plot twice!

Mecha Arceus used Cosmic Power twice!
Mecha Arceus is revving up! It gained Last Word for... something!"
The Mecha Brisas had nothing to properly target!

Chip is giggling madly! His form is flickering in and out!

"It--it appears that something strange is happening around that robotic creature!" Incineroar said. "Just what contraption did Chip make in his spare time?"

"H O W . I S . I T . H A N G I N G , D U D E S . A N D . D U D E T T E S ?"

Owen looked like he was getting a headache. Meanwhile, the ground below Mecha Arceus looked like a sea of stars...

Brisa: 1

Chip: 10
Mecha Arceus: 2038
Mecha Brisa: 276

The Mecha Brisas are confused and burning up!

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I'll keep bein' too clever, thanks!"

Brisa clenched her fists and let out a peal of wild laughter. This was better than she could've imagined. Time to go all out!

"Research this," she growled, as she took Chip's divine mecha apart.

[+10, Stab, Guts, Charge]
Brisa used Umbral Overcharge to power up a Facade! [Crit]
Brisa used Electric Facade!
Brisa used Electric Facade!
Net: -46 stm then +5 stm, +51 hp, +30/64 BL

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Overcharge Facade dealt a CRITICAL 1448 damage to Mecha Arceus!
Brisa's double Electric Facades dealt 1579 damage to Mecha Arceus!

Mecha Arceus staggered back a few more times, its head and limbs twitching in strange ways, before suddenly crouching down.

"Good good good good shot!"

Mecha Arceus' Last Word activated! It used Divine Meltdown, knocking Brisa, Chip, and the Mecha Brisas out!

A rain of stardust and the clouds of hazy space surrounded the arena, fading out as Brisa saw flashes of what seemed to be the cosmos itself, as well as robotic bits and pieces of what she'd torn apart. The sand and dirt of the arena returned seconds later, and Chip lay on the opposite side of the arena, a swirl in his digital eyes.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa panted, thoroughly exhausted, but still standing. That was a victory. Hell yeah.

There was a yowl of delight from the stands as one particular shade stood up and waved her arms aloft.

"Y'did it!" shouted Luz. "Y'beat Mecha Arceus! Yer the best, y'hear!"

Brisa laughed, and tread heavily forward to offer Chip her paw. Everything hurt! Good gods...

"Kudos fer pushin' me t'my limit, fella," she told the porygon.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Chip wasn't fully responsive, but he did reach out and shake Brisa's paw. He buzzed something that sounded more like a corrupted sound file, and then his eyes flickered out.

"Entering recovery mode."

Sighing, Reshiram swooped in as Incineroar announced the battle results, giving Brisa and apologetic smile. "Well, you certainly gave him the excitement he needed. I'll take him home," he said.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
For a split second, Brisa registered Reshiram as an opponent. Some wires crossed from having just fought his robotic duplicate, and there she was, figuring out how to bring as much power to bear on him before she collapsed. Thank gods she wasn't actually fighting that god. ...Yet.

"Got a feelin' I'll be seein' you on the field next, Sir," she said with a satisfied grin before Reshiram made his way off the arena.

Not long now...

<><><><><>​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom