• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa smiled and gave up trying to persuade Toffee for the time being. If it was as simple as explaining that she went berserk, someone would have managed that by now.

Instead, she gave a small greeting to Truffle and let him take Toffee's company, before leaving the Colosseum herself with Owen.

"Quite a fight," she remarked, plainly.

Perhaps she'd find other Guild opponents a good match in solo battles...

<><><><><>​

R14 – Brisa & Starr vs Sword & Shield

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Alright. Next up in the Omen Hero gauntlet were that mew and lucario pair. Counterparts to Team Gyros, the former opponents of Team Spectrum, and very-possibly . . . a couple. Weird how worried y'were a while back about humans pairin' up with 'mon considerin' how Omen pairs seem to more often'n not...

Having beaten Sword on her own and bearing in mind Shield's alleged relative weakness as a combatant, Brisa ought to like their chances. But those two had been training together, and Brisa knew not to underestimate the synergy of a human-pokémon partnership. After all, that was where Brisa and Starr got their incredible strength from, right? Sure it is.

Brisa strolled onto the field, a faint apprehension tugging at her chest. Starr was playing offence this time, given the matchup, and Brisa would be supporting. Their drills were great as always, but who knew how things would actually play out...?

She offered Starr an anxious smile. After what happened in the radiant void, You could lose her. You could lose her right now. "I don't give a shit about anyone but myself." More pain than she'd ever felt in her life. Starr's tears. Her own. – Starr could use a pick-me-up. A win here would certainly qualify, right?

"Be ready fer anythin', partner," said Brisa, to her teammate. "I'll have yer back, no matter what."

She meant it.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Physical activity was good for not thinking about things. And the average colo match had about a billion things happening at once. A lot to process. Which made it hard to devote much thought to what had happened in the Radiant Void. That was ideal.

Brisa had set up the match. Starr hadn't even known who they were fighting until a few hours prior. Sword and Shield, apparently. Type advantages meant that she'd be doing offense this time, unlike their previous matches. Normally the thought of getting to kick Shield's ass in something low-stakes would've been fun, but right now. At this rate the best she could hope for was not to embarrass herself.

Brisa was saying something. Starr nodded vaguely in agreement. It was hard to look at Brisa without seeing a moment's flicker of her face, bloodied, bruised, tear-streaked. That was definitely on the list of things that she didn't want to talk about.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Sword was punching the air again, doing uppercuts and kicks and tail slaps. She shifted between Charmander and Mew forms, getting very good at that, before finally settling on a form that mimicked Starr. She blew a kiss toward Brisa.

Incineroar went over his usual theatrics, the one that everyone knew all too well, to the point where they tuned it out in favor of sizing up their opponents. Shield nervously glanced left and right, then nodded. Here they went, it seemed.

"O-okay. Here we go, then."

Shield took a steady breath.

"...Show me what you can do, Brisa! Starr! I may not be the best fighter, but--"

"--Together, we're gonna win!" Sword taunted, pulling Shield against her chest with her big Starr-arms. "Let's go!" She tossed Shield in the air, who flailed.

Sword became Starr! Sword gained 2 Attack and Speed, and Shield healed her back up!
Shield has a lot of Resolve!

Sword: 6000
Shield: 1000, +2 Resolve

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr gave Sword a deadpan stare as the latter paraded around as an Incineroar. Well, at least she was having fun. And it was better than the alternative.

With just a quick sideways glance at Brisa, she got to work--

- Starr used Substitute!
- Starr used Sunny Day!
- Starr used Void Catharsis!

Net:
-180 Stm, 100% HP, +20 Shd, +4 Atk, +4 Spd, +1 Protect, +1 Action

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Lean into the Radiance," instructed Brisa, fuelling Starr's Adrenaline with her own Radiance, "you can take more! Show me yer best!"

The light stung and burned, but not so bad. Not so bad as when you're on yer own. This would be a good fight, she could feel it. The feeling sparked off her mane and seeded the ground with electricity. Starr'll get the glory fer this one, but y'can still show 'em what yer made of.

Blacklight plasma washed over her, and the next step she took, she took in the form of a demigod.

Brisa's pure words rallied Starr! [+2 Atk/+2 Spd]
Brisa used Electric Terrain!
Brisa used Brilliant Paragon!
Brisa Unleashed her Tenacity!

Net: -144 Stm, 150% hp, +83 Rad/+30 Shd, +2 Atk, +2 Spd, +1 Protect, +1 Action, +E. Terrain, Unleash Tenacity

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Aww, that's boooring! All you guys are doing is setting up?! I bet I can do better than that! Watch this! I bet you don't even have this attack prepared, but I know you have it!"

"Sword, focus!" Shield warned. "Get an attack in! This isn't going to go easily!"

Shield used Aura Sphere on Brisa, destroying the Protect barrier!
Shield used Heal Pulse on Sword, restoring her health!
Shield used Divine Protector on Sword! Shield is Guarding Sword!

Sword used Radiant Adrenaline, gaining Attack and Speed! Sword took 750 damage in recoil!
Sword used Blaze Kick on Brisa, dealing a grazing 172 damage!

Brisa: 548
Starr: 624

Sword: 6,000
Shield: 1,000

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Well, that took the decision of target prioritisation out of their paws. Gods, though, that was a strong start from those two...

"Keep an eye on Sword's movements, Starr! Get ready to take a big hit, she's got yer Adrenaline flowin' in her!"

Breathe. Calm. Don't burn out. Gotta keep Starr goin'... Wait fer an openin' and—!

"Alright, let's get 'im in a pincer movement! Now!"

Brisa struck simultaneously with Starr; no way could Shield stand up to a truly coordinated assault!

Brisa's pure words rallied Starr! [+4 Def]
Brisa focused...
Brisa used Helping Hand!
Brisa used Bolt Strike! [+6, Stab, Guts, Terrain, Charge, +400 Para]

Net: -78 Stm, +45 hp, -10 Rad/-10 Shd, -1 Charge

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
So Shield was their only target? Fine with her. Starr reached for her Radiance and then... abruptly shifted it. Not the usual offensive, not this time. She wasn't in the mood for pain, was sick of having to fight through it to do anything right. Maybe that wasn't the 'optimal' play, but she didn't care.

A blazing torrent of blue fire enveloped the Lucario.

Starr Unleashed her Resolution!
- Starr used Umbral Insolence!
- Starr used Shining Renegade! [Special, +10, SE, STAB, HH]
- Starr used Blue Flare! [+10, SE, STAB, Sun, Blaze, HH]
- Starr used Blue Flare! [+10, SE, STAB, Sun, Blaze, HH]

Net: +20 Rad/Shd, +4 Def, Tireless Gusto activates [Resolution's recoil is not triggered]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 239 damage to Shield!

Starr's Shining Renegade dealt 145 damage to Shield!
Starr's Blue Flares dealt 817 damage to Shield! Shield lost a Resolve!

"Gah!" Shield skidded across the arena, tumbling until his chest spike got caught in the dirt, halting his flight. "Urgh..."

"Shield!" The false Incineroar looked back, but then readied another volley for Starr.

"No! Attack Brisa!" Shield called. "You can't damage Starr as well!"

"Grr... What are those attacks?! How come I can't tap into them like everything else?!"

"It's something too innate to them--I don't think you can copy those forms!"

"Rrrrgh... fine! I'll show you what I think about your fancy tricks!

Shield recovered! He refuses to fall, but he is unable to protect Sword this turn!
Shield is Focusing...
Shield called Sword and directed her attacks! The Rallying call gave her +2 Accuracy and +2 Evasion!

Sword has a speed boost!
Sword used Blaze Kick on Brisa, twice, dealing a grazing and then full strike for 537 damage!
Sword used Void Catharsis! Sword and Shield healed for 1500 and 250 HP respectively! They both gained +1 Action next turn!

Brisa: 56
Starr: 624

Sword: 7500
Shield: 1250

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr winced as the flaming kick knocked Brisa flying. She let out another volley of Blue Flames at Shield, but then...

The whole point was for Starr to take offense. They both knew this. But if she didn't do something fast, Brisa would go down, and... she didn't want that.

- Starr used Blue Flare on Shield! [+10, SE, STAB, Sun]
- Starr focused [Exit Unleashed]

Net:
150% HP, -20 Rad, +0 Shd, +2 Acc, +2 Eva, +1 Action, Tireless Gusto

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa yowled as Starr – as Sword – kicked her in the midriff so hard she nearly passed out at once. But she held on, just about. Too stubborn to go down just yet... And with Starr's soothing darkness restoring her, maybe she wouldn't have to just yet. Alright, time to get to work. Nothing Starr had would work too well on Sword...

But Brisa had just the thing.

"Leave Sword t'me!" she yelled. "Duck an' weave an' take out Shield if'n y'can! Ya got this, partner!"

Brisa rushed in with the best she had. She was getting so tired . . . but she could throw a good punch yet.

Brisa's pure words rallied Starr! [+2 Acc, +2 Eva]
Brisa focused...
Brisa used Void Arcstrike! [120bp, +6, SE, Stab, Guts, Terrain, Charge]

Net: -80 Stm, +75% hp, +45 hp, -10 Rad, +43 Shd, +1 Action, -1 Charge

The yearning of using Arcstrike without Starr's radiant flames to complete the reaction put an ache in her chest like nothing else. Still hit like a thunderstorm, though.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Starr's Blue Flare dealt 202 damage to Shield!
Brisa's Void Arcstrike dealt 2962 damage to Sword, knocking her out of Starr's form!

"Ngh...!" Shield stepped back.

Sword yelped in surprise, stopped only because Shield caught her in his arms. "Sword, are you okay?" he asked the Mew.

"...D... damn it! How'd they hit me so hard?!"

"It's--it's okay. You're okay." Shield growled.

"Ha, of course I'm okay! Now, watch this, I--"

"Sword, wait--"

"--'m gonna do it!"

"Aaaagh..."

Shield used Protect+5!
Shield used Helping Hand on Sword!
Shield focused... and cured his accumulating status ailments!
Shield used Divine Protector on Sword again!

Sword used Signal Beam on Brisa and Starr!
Brisa: Dodged!
Starr: Dodged!

Sword used Focus Blast on Starr's Substitute, dealing a grazing 220 damage! The Substitute was destroyed!

Sword used Earthquake!
Shield: Protect!
Brisa: A grazing 99
Starr: 99

"Wh-what? Where'd... where'd all my momentum go?!"

"Sword... don't panic--"

"No! That's not even fair! How come they get to reversal on me like that?! That's bullshit!"

Brisa: 362
Starr: 837

Sword: 6358
Shield: 1048, Protect+4

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"I need a breather," gasped Brisa. Why was she so tired? "Wear him down but don't go all-out, tune yer aura fer a full-on offence when I pop 'him!"

Fuck this goddamn Blacklight, it was just getting in the way. Keep a clear head, ranger... They could use an edge, but without expending her reserves of energy. What could she...? Brisa's muzzle skewed into a lopsided grin as she saw Sword get more agitated. There we go...

"Hey Sword! You've already lost, 'less y'can knock out Starr now afore she gets any stronger! Don't tell me yer dumb enough to let that happen?"

Brisa put on a cocky smirk and looked to Starr with a subtle wink. Starr was in perfect shape right now, she could take anything Sword could throw at her. Better than Brisa could, anyway.

Brisa's pure words rallied Starr! [+4 Res]
Brisa focused...
Brisa focused...
Brisa called out to Sword!

Net: -50 Rad, -65 Shd, +75% hp, +45 hp, +25% Stm, +1 Action

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Sword changed back into a Mew. That was... good. Yeah, that was good. No more watching herself beating on Brisa like that.

Anyway. Shield had about a zillion barriers because of course he did. It'd take some work to get through them. But first... healing, for the both of them.

- Starr focused.
- Starr used Substitute!
- Starr used Blaze Kick on Shield's barrier!

Net:
150% HP, -4 Rad, +0 Shd, +4 Res, +1 Action, Tireless Gusto

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Sword bristled. "What do you mean, already lost?! We've got you hanging by a thread! You don't stand a chance! Watch, I'm gonna beat Starr right now!"

"Sword, don't fall for it! Brisa's the one they're trying to protect!"

"Fat chance! Look at all those barriers! I bet Starr's swishy as hell!"

"Sword--aghhh..."

Shield reluctantly used Helping Hand on Sword!
Shield used Rallying Cry on Sword, boosting her Evasion by 4!
Shield used Aura Sphere on Starr's Substitute, dealing 35 damage!

"Tch... it's not enough. I don't have the firepower for this..."

Sword didn't hear him.

Sword used Focus Blast on Starr's Substitute, dealing a grazing 92 damage!
Sword used Mind Reader! Sword's attacks won't miss!
Sword used Stealth Rock! Brisa would take 60 spike damage from Sword, and Starr will take 90!

"S-see? Now you can't win! Ever! Ever ever ever ever ever!"

"Sword, calm down, it's okay! What's gotten into you?!"

"I won't lose!" Sword shouted. "I won't lose to Dark Matter's lackeys!"

Brisa: 720
Starr: 936

Sword: 4,000
Shield: 1,048, +2 Protect

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Wind and weather, but Sword was a goddamn child. They could win this. You an' her can win anythin'.

"Keep up the pressure, Starr! Y'can break 'im!" cried Brisa. "Stay sharp while I set 'im up!"

Brisa darted in with a flurry of blows, more than Shield could parry without leaving himself open to worse strikes, and then struck with a lightning blow herself as Starr rushed in. Eat dust, motherfucker.

Brisa's pure words rallied Starr! [+2 Acc, +2 Res]
Brisa used Helping Hand!
Brisa used Quick Attack and struck twice!
Brisa used Bolt Strike on Shield! [+6, Stab, Guts, Terrain, Charge, 400 Para]

Net: -99 Stm, +30 Rad/+30 Shd

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr let out a low snort. Well, Brisa's calling sure had worked, and she wasn't about to go complaining about it. And Shield's guard was down again which meant--as if anyone couldn't have guessed--more fire. These blue flames were way more potent than her usual blaze...

Starr Unleashed her Resolution!
- Starr used Blue Flare on Shield! [+10, SE, STAB, Sun, HH]
- Starr used Blue Flare on Shield!
- Starr used Blue Flare on Shield!

Net: +10 Rad/Shd, +2 Acc, +2 Res, Tireless Gusto activates

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Bolt Strike dealt 159 damage to Shield!
Starr's triple Blue Flare dealt 659 damage to Shield!

"Ha! An opening!" Sword giggled and made a mad-dash forward.

"Gh... Be careful, Sword...!"

Shield used Helping Hand on Sword!
Shield used Rallying Cry on Sword, increasing her Attack and Magic by 2!

Sword used Hydro Pump on Starr's Substitute, destroying it!
Sword used Earthquake!
Shield: 17
Brisa: 141
Starr: 62

Sword used Toxic Spikes! Interacting with Sword will cause +100 Poison!

Brisa and Starr took damage from Stealth Rocks!

Sword was gloating again, looking frantic and reckless. "I did a ton of hurt that time!" Dark Matter won't win ever again! I'm Mew! I'm... Mew...!

"Sword, wake up!" Shield shouted, but Sword was laughing again, gloating. So much so that her guard was down. "Damn iiiittt!"

Shield rushed for her.

Shield used Divine Protector!

Brisa: 519
Starr: 784

Sword: 4,000
Shield: 213, +1 Stagger

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr grit her teeth. He was still standing, of course he was still standing. He'd managed to take everything she could dish out back during the Rayquaza mission too, and--

She stopped, forcing herself to breathe. No. This wasn't like that. She was a lot stronger now. She could keep going all day long, and the blue flames didn't hurt.

- Starr used Blue Flare on Shield! [+10, SE, STAB, Sun, Crit]
- Starr focused. [Exit Unleashed]
- Starr used Substitute!

Net: -25% HP, -20 Rad/Shd, Gusto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom