• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's dual Void Arcstrikes dealt a total of 1012 damage to Pine!
Brisa's Ice Fang dealt 190 damage to Pine!

This time, Pine was knocked to the point where he was vertically upside-down in the ground, still stiff and upright despite that--or perhaps downright--as Brisa went ahead to maul him. This was actually starting to hurt. He didn't expect someone like Brisa, not even a Legend, to deal this kind of damage to him. It was... thrilling, and despite his stoic face, there was an excited glimmer in the Haxorus' eyes.

He twisted his body and thumped Brisa on the back with his tail, leaving a resounding crater where she'd land. Pine used the shockwave to push himself back to his feet.

Pine struck Brisa once with a Sure Shot Chop, dealing 284 damage! Brisa was KOed!

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Gods damn but it was a good hurt.

"Good show," she croaked, as she heaved herself onto her side to gasp for breath in the cratered ground. "What a fuckin' throwdown..."

She looked to Starr. Did she . . . see how Brisa had done?

...Would she be proud?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa and Starr awoke to the dull noise of a buzzing crowd after they'd long since gotten their cheers finished. Pine was looming over them in his usual, strange way, while Nanab was a little more comforting in the way she cradled the two of them in her vines to help them wake up. They were taken to the stands, and perhaps they'd walked there themselves in a half-awake state, but now they were resting in the lobby.

Pine still had a mark on his chest where Brisa had struck, but that would one day fade. Nanab was drinking some powerful, mint-and-scent-nullifying tea for some reason.

"Hey," Pine greeted. "Good job."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Hey. Thanks," said Brisa, with a pained grunt. From Pine, that was a serious compliment.

"I gotta say, I didn't even think I had that in me. You made me push myself further than ever before, partner."

She looked to Starr with a fond glance. They really had outdone themselves, huh?

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Pine nodded and stepped away so they had time to recover. Nanab was busy answering questions from Pansit, while Pine warded off a few fans that would have otherwise bothered Starr and Brisa while they returned to the waking world.

It seemed that not much time had passed, but that battle had been intense. Nanab remarked to Pansit that they'd never been pushed so hard since when they'd first fought Reshiram and Zekrom. In Pine's words, "They were strong." He didn't really give the reporters a lot to work with.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Y'hear that?" said Brisa to Starr, quietly. "We gave 'em the kind of drubbin' they ain't had since fightin' the tao dragons."

Starr's face wore that mild exasperation she often had . . . but also acceptance. There was a glimmer of a begrudging crooked grin in there, daring to be pleased about their defeat at least making for a cool show.

Brisa allowed herself a satisfied, but tiny, smirk. Against the strongest moral in the world, perhaps a drop of blood counted as a real win.

<><><><><>​

Last edited:
R13 – Brisa VS Sword

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
No matter what was happening in the world, it seemed like Destiny Colosseum was always raring for a fight, and the audience was always a little larger when Team Spectrum got involved. Incineroar was shouting his usual declarations, talking about the special match of the day, and then called for the combatants to enter the arena.

On the left came a little Mew who was giggling uncontrollably, her tail flicking left and right, and her very aura flaring to life. In the stands nearby, Shield was saying something far too soft to be heard over the cheering crowd.

"And from Team Spectrum, in this one on one fight, we have a regular to the Colosseum, Dark Warrior, Luxray Brisa!"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa ran onto the field with a smile on her muzzle. With so much madding bullshit on her mind, it was a relief that even now, she could hit the Colosseum with a friend to take her mind off things.

"Alright, give me all ya got!" she called out to Sword. "I want ya t'show me yer best!"

Electrified plasma sparked off her fur. This was gonna be fun.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Sword giggled and flipped through the air. "I'll show you my best if you can get me there!" She punched the air a few times, then slammed her feet hard on the ground, which kicked up a few tiny clouds of dust. "C'mon! Let's go!"

"Looks like everyone's fired up!" Incineroar said, waving at the crowd to hype them up. "Let's have another good fight! Get ready, folks, this is gonna be a doozey! And... begin!"

Sword disappeared and reappeared right next to Brisa with a madly giddy look in her eyes. "Wanna see something cool I picked up?" she asked. She didn't wait for an answer.

Sword:
HP: 6000
Sword has a barrier at 4000 HP!

Sword disappeared, but when she reappeared again... Brisa was facing down an exact copy of herself. In appearance, at least... because the way this Luxray carried herself, the way she hopped from foot to foot, the way she gigged, it was surreal to see--but that was undoubtedly Sword. But...!

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa frowned for a second, then laughed.

"Alright, we'll you an' me both show this crowd my best, huh?"

She really should've expected nothing less of Sword~ But would Sword expect her new combat strategy?

"I've been workin' on a new approach to combat," she cried, as she supercharged the plasma coursing over her. "Let's try it out!"

Brisa used Brilliant Paragon!
Brisa used Rest!
Brisa used Sleep Talk to Play Rough! [90bp, +7 atk, +4 acc, STAB, Loner, -500 to attack]
Net change: +68 RAD, +4 atk, +4 spd, +2 protect, +2 charge, +Paragon, cure burn, gain sleepy, set HP to 666, -80 stm.

Her combat trance in place, Brisa filled her lungs, steadied her racing heart, and rushed Sword with the same erratic, playful movements the transformed mew was using. Take this, partner!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Play Rough dealt 910 damage to Sword!

Sword yelped in surprise and went toppling backward from the attack, looking much more fragile than Brisa was without the support of time and perhaps latent power from Luz. Sword wobbled to her feet and giggled. Speaking with Brisa's voice, she said, "Wow, that was so cool! So advanced! But I dunno if I can do that myself... not easily... but I feel something else in this body I can try instead!"

And then, she zipped across the battlefield as a shadowy energy enveloped her, followed by the crack and snap of electricity.

Sword used Umbral Overcharge! It became a Shining Whiplash, bouncing off of Brisa's Protect!

Sword growled deeply, lunging at Brisa again. It sounded like she was trying to mimic a savage growl, badly.

Sword used Shadow Maul on Brisa, shattering her Protects!

Brisa: 666

Sword: 5090

Shield was rubbing his forehead. Sword was unfocused; she was just testing out Brisa's moves for the fun of it!

"Sword, focus!" Shield called. "Use her moves against her!"

Sword didn't seem to hear him.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Not bad!" shouted Brisa, still laughing. "But this is how it's really done!"

Time to soften up the target a little, if she could...

Brisa used a doubled Crunch! [80bp, +7 atk, +4 acc, STAB, Loner, -500 to defense]

And now for the tail of the combo, that would firm her up against any more Mauls...

Brisa used Sleep Talk to Umbral Overcharge a Play Rough attack! [90bp, +7 atk, +4 acc, Crit, Charge, STAB, Loner, NVE, -500 to attack]

Net change: +34 shd, -103 stm, -1 charge

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Crunch attacks dealt 1001 and then 1060 damage to Sword!

"Aaaah! You play really rough!" Sword shouted, and then, just before Brisa coult strike with that actual Play Rough strike, she disappeared entirely. The attack whiffed, but it seemed like, when Sword reappeared, she was back to her dainty, Psychic feline form, rubbing at her arm.

"That hurt!" she shouted back, but then giggled. "Okay. I think I know how your body works now. Check this out!"

Sword is Staggered!
Sword's stats went back to normal!

Sword used Protect+5!
Sword used Psychic on Brisa, dealing a grazing 43 damage!

Sword: 4000
Her final barrier is at 2000!

Sword gained +1 action!

"Sword, get serious!" Shield called. "You're never gonna beat her at this rate!"

"Hang on, hang on!" Sword shouted back. "I've got a plan! See? I have like a million barriers up! She can't get me!"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Sword's psychic attack ached, but Brisa knew how to ward off psychic intrusion, and it gave her a better reading on the mew's movements...

Brisa's Muscle Memory gave her +1 accuracy & +1 evasion!

Brisa barked a laugh and casually went to work at Sword's barriers.

"I'll get through 'em sooner or later!" she retorted.

Brisa's sleepy strikes took out three barriers!
Net: -16 stm!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"A-ha! I gotcha!"

Sword used Psychic on Brisa for a grazing 19 damage!
Sword used Earth Power on Brisa for 69 damage!

"Uhuhu... You attacked me and hit my barriers like an idiot! Now I attacked you back! What're you gonna do now, huh?! I have way too many cool attacks for you to win!"

"Sword, you barely scratched her!"

"Shh, shh, I still have an awesome plan! Just you wait! Go groom your fur or something!"

Sword used Nasty Plot! Her Magic went up by 2!

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Oh, y'better believe I won't give up!" taunted Brisa. "No matter how many impressive moves y'got!"

Brisa's sleepy strike knocked out the final barrier!
Brisa used a doubled Crunch! [80bp, +7 atk, +6 acc, SE, Guts, STAB, Loner, -500 to defense]
Net: -46 stm, -1000 to Sword's defense

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's double Crunch dealt a total of 911 damage to Sword! Sword's Defense went down by 1!

A horrible shriek echoed out of the Colosseum, but it was hard to tell if it was one of frustration or pain as the Crunch attack bore down on the tiny Mew. Despite everything, though, Sword was even more durable than before, like a passive Psychic barrier was keeping her protected.

Sword used Psychic, but Brisa dodged it!

"Sword, she's strong against your energy attacks!" Shield called out. "Use your physical ones! you're just as strong!"

"Excuse me! I am a dainty little--"

Sword narrowly dodged an incoming flurry, looking tired.

"--cute pink kit! Why would I use burly physical attacks!?"

"You just used some as Brisa?!"

"Because Brisa's not that kinda girl!"

"Please, just try it! Try, uhh--Earthquake! Use Earthquake, Sword!"

Sword's ear flicked, and something about what Shield said had an effect on her. Almost on reflex, she spun around and slammed her body into the earth. The ground heaved--

Sword used Earthquake! Brisa took 156 damage!

The Mew's face lit up, and suddenly she grinned evilly. She was rubbing her paws together with a sinister look, like she'd already figured out how to win. Then again, she'd had the same look when the match started...

Sword used Hone Claws! Her Attack and Accuracy went up by 1!
Brisa's Muscle Memory activated!
Sword is Staggered!

Brisa: 379
Sword: 3089

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
So, Shield was giving instruction, was he? Without his advice, winning this battle would probably be a sure lock. Figured. Perhaps that was the other power of human-pokémon bonds.

Sword staggered under the continued onslaught. Brisa saw an opening, and her lips pulled back as she scented the opportunity to win... But she wouldn't go all-out just yet; Sword could still rally herself. Brisa would need to watch her own back a little longer...

"I can take another hit like that!" she cried, closing the distance for another set of hits. "But can you handle this?"

[90bp, +7 atk, -1 def, +6 acc, Guts, STAB, Loner]
Brisa used a triple Play Rough! The first was CRITICAL! Brisa inflicted -1500 to Sword's attack!
Net: -72 stm

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Triple Play Rough dealt a total of 1267 damage to Sword! Darkwhite's Attack went down by 2! Darkwhite is Staggered!

"Gah!"

Sword went flying backwards again after a particularly nasty swipe from Brisa. She flopped and skipped over the ground, plumes of dry dirt rising into the air. The crowd was quiet, wondering if that was the end of the match, but they glanced at the screen and saw that there was still some vitality left in Sword...

But...

"Ow, ow, ow..." Sword sighed, trying to stand and float. "You... heheh..." She giggled through the dust, coughing a little. "That's pretty fun, huh... heheh... uhuhu... uhuhu..."

"It seems that Sword isn't done yet, folks!" Incineroar announced. "She still has a lot of--er..."

The screen was having trouble getting a read on Sword...

"Uhuhu... huhu... So much fun... so much FUN! Brisa..."

Sword disappeared.

There was a presence behind Brisa...

"I'M BAAAAACK!"

Darkwhite used Darkwhite Combo on Brisa!
The first strike missed! The second and third dealt a total of 110 damage to Brisa!

Darkwhite used Earthquake on Brisa, dealing 108 damage!

Darkwhite used Darkwhite Chaos! Darkwhite gained 6 Evasion and a 25% damage reduction!

Darkwhite gained +1 Action!

"Yeah! Yeah! Wooo! Darkwhite's BACK, baby!"

Shield was standing up, shouting. "S-Sword! SWORD!"

"Why, what's this? The mysterious Mew has returned... as the infamous Darkwhite! How will Brisa handle this?!"

"Gaaah, quit your panicking!" Darkwhite waved him off, giving her usual, devilish smile as her fur darkened to purple, her spaded tail flicking behind her. "I was just using twenty percent of my power, is all! Now I'm Ultra Darkwhite Sword!"

She pointed at Brisa. "Ready to lose?!"

Brisa: 161

Ultra Darkwhite Sword: 2000

"Hah! You're already panting! Looks like I didn't even need to power up!" She grinned, paws to her hips, as her body phased in and out of existence. Shield was tugging at his aura sensors with worry.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa's hackles went up as the transformation kicked in . . . but was this really Darkwhite's corruption returned? Or just another of Sword's games? It didn't bear thinking through or panicking about. Her goal was no different at all: Battle her friend; have fun. She wouldn't let a stunt like this get in the way of that! And neither would Sword.

The tethers lashed out, and though Darkwhite did her best to dodge and weave, Brisa's vision was sharper than the mew was agile. Gotcha.

This has been one fer the books, ain't it, partner? However this shakes out, I'm glad y'gave me a chance t'see what yer made of. Now, let me show you what I can do!

[+7 atk, STAB, Guts, Loner]
Brisa used Shining Whiplash! [110bp, SE, crit]
Brisa has 0 stamina left...

Brisa was almost on her last legs . . . but she had one trick left. She cried to the sky as the Blacklight in her erupted out of her body, travelled along the tethers, and hit Sword with all the force Brisa could muster.

Brisa used Blacklight Z-Burst! [132bp, -1 def, UE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom