• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Starr's Fury Swipes slashed through the barrier and then dealt 96 damage to the doll! Her Shadow attack dealt an additional 812 damage, destroying it! Starr took 62 damage!

Brisa's Triple Infinite Shadow Power dealt a total of 1588 damage to Leg!

Leg was knocked out!

Leg went flying through the air in a sloppy tumble before landing and rolling over her shapeless self in the dirt. The doll's tatters drifted slowly to the ground around her...

After a brief, stunned silence, the crowd roared again, and Incineroar announced the winners--Dark Warriors Brisa, Starr, and Cabot!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr stood there, still breathing heavily, halfway expecting Leg's wraithlike body to spring upward once again, ghostly tendrils ready to strike. But nope. That last shadowy barrage from Brisa had knocked her down, and she was staying down. Then the applause roared to life, and the announcer had called out their names, and... yeah, it felt damn good.

Starr clapped a hand to Brisa's back and flashed a toothy grin. "Nice one." Then she glanced around and--right, Cabot had taken the worst of that last attack. Well, she hadn't needed to use her Reviver in the fight, so she grabbed it from her item pouch and walked over, holding it against his scales.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Nice one."

Starr thought she'd done well? Well, of course she had done well, but... Goddamn, it felt so good to have Starr's approval. The battlefield fell away for a moment as Brisa returned her grin.

Wouldn't it be grand just to have it out right now? The two of us, battling at the best we've ever been.

Brisa shook her mane and shed Shadow and sparks. The fight was done. It was time to rest. To breathe.

She gasped for air, and felt alive.

"Well... at least we won."

"Fuck yeah," she said, savouring the victory between her teeth. "Good fuckin' show, both of ya."

More mattered than victory, though. Brisa went to Leg's side, as the Radiant mimikyu frantically patched together what was left of her disguise.

"You really are somethin' special, huh?" she said, intending for only Leg to hear. "Thanks fer a spectacular fight. There's no chance I could beat you on my own yet, that's fer sure."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The usual congratulations came and went, and Leg beamed weakly at Brisa when she approached, then briefly at Cabot. She seemed pleased, even if she lost. It stung--or maybe that was the electricity--but it still let her go all-out. She hadn't been able to do that in such a long time... Truffle flew in from the stands and nodded at them.

"Very good," he said, taking Leg and what remained of her disguise into his wings. "Thank you for letting Leg go all-out. I bet she'll be practicing for a while to get better, too, won't you?" He looked down, almost cooing. Leg, in reply, made a happy hissing noise.

"Let's go. They have a lot to clean."

<><><>​

Last edited:
R11 – Combat Interview – Brisa vs Puff

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa stretched out and cracked her neck and shoulders before walking out onto the field. For some reason, this battle felt like such a big deal, even though by rights it oughtn't to be. Cinderace Puff, the reporter. She barely knew the guy, save by reputation. Yet she really, really wanted to go all-out against him. Alright.

"Howdy, Puff!" she called, over the shouts and whoops of the crowd. She'd become used to them, by now. Just another aspect of the colosseum terrain.

Ah, but you love the adoration.

Ah, but she did.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Puff was kicking a pebble with his feet as his species was apparently naturally talented with. "Howdy to you, too, Brisket," the Cinderace said, kicking the pebble away. "Figure you're ready for a real brawl this time, huh?"

"Cinderace Puff, ace reporter for The Truthful Times and the ultimate investigative journalist! Brisa, the Dark Warrior and rising star of Destiny Colosseum! Who will win in this battle of wits and brawn?!"

Puff smirked. "Well," he said, "don't think that just because I work behind a desk that that's all I do. I infiltrated underground gangs and shadow syndicates all my life. And now it's time to put all that combat training to use!"

Cinderace Puff... brought out his badge. "Investigation, start!"

Puff used Divine Investigation! His Accuracy went up by 2 and he gained the Cunning status! On the first full hit he takes in a turn, Puff can reduce the damage taken by half!

Puff:
HP: 3000

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa took a ready stance. "Don't think I'd underestimate you, partner! I'm takin' this match real serious!"

Puff looked like he had a sharp eye and quick paws. Just like her. Time to see if his capabilities were a match for her own. And if he'd done his research... And if he had, perhaps he'd be expecting interference moves and melée attacks. Let's find out. Brisa kited towards the cinderace, lashing out with Radiant tethers to harry him before closing for a truly powerful strike.

Brisa used Shining Whiplash! It was Super Effective! Brisa called out to Puff!

Just what are you made of, huh? I'm sizin' ya up just the same as you figurin' me out.

Brisa used Shining Whiplash! Brisa's Radiant type boosted the attack, and it was Super Effective! Brisa called out to Puff!

Let's see how fuckin' seriously you take me after this.

Brisa used Charged Void Arcstrike! Her Electric type boosted the attack, and it was Super Effective!

She powered into Puff, cloaked in darkness and thunderbolts, and this ain't about what you thought it was struck with blinding force. Take that, motherfucker.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's Shining Whiplash dealt a reduced 250 damage to Puff!
Brisa's second Shining Whiplash dealt 688 damage to Puff!
Brisa's Void Arcstrike dealt 1218 damage to Puff!

Puff went flying across the arena from Brisa's initial volley of attacks. He'd deftly gotten out of the way of a few of them, and yet the attacks kept coming anyway. He couldn't keep up!

Brisa's words filled his head and he shook it off. "Gods, you really get into this," he said, holding his arm before shaking away the numbness from it. When Brisa came in for her next strike, he hopped out of the way, flipping through the air, before kicking a flaming pebble--which became more like a blazing fireball--down at Brisa.

Puff used Pyro Ball!
It dealt a grazing 110 damage to Brisa!

"So," Puff said, his swiftness making him a blur. A strange feeling overtook Brisa, like suddenly she was feeling a lot more talkative. "Tell me, Dark Warrior, what's your favorite color?"

Brisa's energy suddenly felt all out of whack. No matter how much she tried, it felt like her offensive abilities were shot!

Puff used Divine Interview on Brisa!
Brisa gained the Talkative status for the next turn! Brisa's first action must be a Call! Additionally, she can't use damage-dealing attacks!

Puff:
HP: 1310

Brisa took some Burn damage...

Brisa:

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Tell me, Dark Warrior, what's your favorite color?"

Uninhibited. Exposed. The Blacklight coursing through her. Compelled to answer.

"The colour of warm firelight, like y'get round a campfire at night, watchin' distant clouds at sunset, or from a friend's own flames—"

Brisa gave an answer!

She shook herself in frustration, and tried to shake off the effects she was labouring under enough to throw up some shields.

Brisa Focused!
Brisa used Protect +3!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Good answer, good answer!" Puff said, but then saw Brisa bringing up her barriers. "Ohh, learning from Owen, are you? Why am I not surprised?" He sounded amused, but he was also taking advantage of the breathing room he'd just given himself. He paced around the arena while Brisa did the same, two fighters looking for an opening. Even if Brisa's energy was disrupted, that didn't mean she couldn't counter the moment he stepped in.

Better get some insurance.

Puff used Endure!

And then, he sped forward rapidly, aiming to strike through Brisa's shields--but then, in a flash, he'd disappeared completely. Suddenly, Brisa would feel three light, painful jabs to her back.

Puff used Feint! It struck Brisa three times and exhausted her barriers! Brisa took 175 damage!

Brisa took some damage from her Burn...

Puff:
844 + Endure

Brisa:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa yowled internally at the sheer frustration. She needed something to push through and land the finishing blow despite all this fella's bullshit. Something that wouldn't send her careening into an explosion of light or a frenzy of shadow. Maybe she had it...

The singularity of energy in Red's claws had contained all of his Blacklight energy. His whole team's excess, finally put into a single, fine point. He glanced at Astrid, looking almost... thankful. And with the last of his corruption, he returned the gift to them.

Astrid's move. She'd never used it, but Red had been able to just from witnessing the attack...

Worth a shot.

Alright.

Brisa darted forward and landed a grazing hit with no force behind it to get ahead of Puff's dodging, then held him in place with shining tethers.

Brisa used Ultra Power! Brisa used Shining Whiplash! Brisa Called out to Puff!

Didn't I promise you a drubbin'?

And then she burst, Blacklight energy erupting from the paw she swung at him.

Brisa used Blacklight Z-Burst! It's Ultra Effective!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Brisa's strike dealt a reduced 142 damage to Puff!
Brisa's Shining Whiplash dealt 693 damage to Puff!
Brisa's Blacklight Z-Burst dealt 1720 damage to Puff!

The Cinderace went skidding back and back and back, leaving a trail of actual fire where he slid on the dirt, scorching it in a long line. He was trembling, shaking, definitely bleeding somewhere on or within his body, but he was standing. Standing despite everything. Because he was just built like that, after everything he'd gone through, something as trivial as a gigantic Blacklight explosion wasn't going to be enough to hold him down. Then, he flipped through the air and lobbed yet another ball of fire her way.

Puff Endured the hit!

Puff used Pyro Ball on Brisa, dealing a grazing 97 damage!

And then, quick like the wind, Puff was by her side again, smiling lopsidedly and not because it was a smirk, but because one of his cheeks was a little swollen. "So... Brisket," he said. "Any last words?"

Puff used Divine Interview!

Brisa took some damage from the Burn...

Brisa:

Puff:

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Brisa put a paw on Puff's shoulder.

"Hubris ain't an attractive quality, partner," she drawled.

Then she took a breath, and raised shields. Come an' get me, you bastard.

Brisa gave an answer!
Brisa used Protect +5!
Brisa conserved stamina...

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Puff sighed a little, wobbling. "Wasn't hubris," he muttered. "You're one of the strongest fighters I've met in a long while... I'm just making sure you can't attack back when I'm... weak. Even now, you're still fighting. Don't you remember my old trick?"

He got into a stance again and feinted, striking Brisa twice--he was sure that would have been enough to take her out, and yet it wasn't, so he went for a third jab on the way out, striking her right at the back of her head before flipping and landing several feet away.

Puff used Feint, striking Brisa twice for 89 damage! Brisa endured a single strike with Second Chance!
Puff struck Brisa with the third Feint for 43 damage, knocking her out!

It wasn't the most glamorous and he'd hoped it would have been enough to have that flourishing finish. But even as Brisa was knocked across the floor, and as Puff glanced at the vitality sensors to see Brisa's bottom out, he looked at his own literal sliver remaining. Yeah, that seemed right. He couldn't even see straight.

Puff grunted and got to one knee. "Gonna feel this one in the morning," he said. "And the afternoon... and night... and..."

"It seems... that's the end of the match!" Incineroar called, raising his arm. "The winner between Cinderace Puff and Luxray Brisa is--"

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Like hell are you gonna finish me off like that, you arrogant prick.

Brisa forced herself conscious, forced herself up one paw and then the rest, forced herself to keep fighting. This wasn't over.

Brisa's Blaze of Glory activated!

She detonated in a flurry of blows. One paw to the legs to juke him, the next at the head to stun him, the last at the solar plexus to knock him off his feet. Puff was almost down anyway, she didn't want to kill the sorry fucker – or exhaust herself beyond her limits if there was no need – but she had to win.

Brisa used a basic strike!

Puff careened to the floor, decisively defeated, and very much given the drubbing she'd promised him. She clutched at consciousness just a little longer... She stayed standing. Puff did not.

"I spoke too soon!" called Incineroar, astonished. "The winner is Dark Warrior Brisa!"

Let's not try that one again, shall we?

Nah. Brisa needed to stick to what she was good at. That tussle was way too close for comfort. As the crowd roared, Brisa limped to Puff's side. Just 'cause he was a bit full of himself didn't mean she didn't wanna shake his paw.

"Well-fought," she growled, wondering if he was too dazed to hear.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Puff was flat on his back, perhaps stunned by the sudden reversal or simply by the fact that he'd been challenged so much at all. "You guys really are... getting strong that fast, huh?" He carefully reached out to take her paw, then pulled so he could at least get to a sitting position. A few medics were already approaching them just in case--since apparently this battle had been particularly straining from what they'd seen.

"Looks like I'll have to just train harder," he said, smiling lopsidedly.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Sure thing, partner," drawled Brisa, her whole body thrilling with the satisfaction of post-combat hormones and pain. "An' when yer ready, jus' give the word an' we can do this again."

She grinned. There was nothing like a good fight to get the measure of someone, and irritating battle tactics or not, Puff was a competent opponent. She respected that. Even if he was smug as hell.

"Got enough material? Or d'ya want more info from yer 'primary source'?" she asked, helping him to his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom