• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum ~ Training Rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
It'd be hard to tell how hard he was punching without it hitting anything, so she waited and let him hit her. Her new body was denser, springier, more solid, and the impact satisfyingly threw her backward rather than being mostly absorbed by the ectoplasm. That was good, because it meant the same applied in reverse.

"It is stronger," she said. She took off again, narrowed her eyes at Rocky in a Laser Focus before going in for a Double Hit.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
This time Rocky didn't even try to dodge or block the attack, and the Double Hit stretched and deformed his ectoplasm comically, Mia's scythes nearly punching clear through. "That did feel kind of different than when you cut my arm off," Rocky said cheerfully, his ectoplasm snapping back into shape as he did so. "This is fun!"

"Oh my fucking god," Nate muttered, resting his chin on the substitute, eyes half shut.

"But I think... yeah!" Electricity sizzled around Rocky's balled fists. "I can feel my attacks now! And they feel really different, too. Like this one's all tingly. And if I make ice..." He twitched his fingers, and the electric arcs disappeared, replaced by frost. "Yeah! It's cold!"

He didn't look like he was paying much attention to the actual battle.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Mia deformed her scythe into a fist, concentrated on it for a few seconds. "I don't think I can make electricity or ice even now. You probably can because the other Rocky could." If Dave had imagined a Mia who could use electricity or ice, would she be able to? That would have been good. But Dave hadn't known that she would be Mia, so he hadn't known to do that.

On the other hand, she could feel something else, another kind of energy. "Hmm." She took a breath of air, into lungs that formed as she did it, then expelled it in a certain way, and sparkling green fire plumed out of her mouth. She cocked her head at it. "I think that's a Dragonbreath. That's interesting. The other me couldn't do that."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Oh. I guess so," Rocky said, sounding disappointed that Mia couldn't try the same things he could. "I could use those attacks on you if you want to see what they feel like!"

His eyes gleamed bright when Mia demonstrated her dragonfire. "Wow, that's cool! I don't think scyther can do that!"

He glanced at Nate for confirmation, but the marshtomp was now definitely asleep, leaning against the substitute. "Well... maybe that's an eternatus thing? Eien is a dragon! And maybe... even if we haven't turned into eternatus yet, maybe we still can! Maybe we can evolve!" Rocky literally glowed with excitement.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Evolving... Hmm. "That would be nice. I think Eien said Eternatus larvae look like the Eterna parasites, though. Not like us." She cocked her head. "Maybe we can evolve anyway. Different from regular Eternatus but still something stronger."

She paused. "If we're Dragon-types now, then Ice moves should be better and Electric moves should be worse. So you should try them on me and I can see if it's more powerful."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"That's true," Rocky said. "I guess we used to look more like Joule than like Eien, didn't we? But even if we turned into something more like a necrozma, that'd still be really good. Joule's really strong, too! Or maybe we'd be like both combined--that would be the best!"

He obliged and sent a couple of attacks Mia's way, a crackling thunderbolt and an ice beam to follow. But his glow was dimming, and he didn't look as though he was excited to find out which of them was going to work better.

"Necrozma can travel through space, just like eternatus," he said after a moment. "Mia... Do you know what you're going to do after Team Spectrum gets rid of the Blacklight monster? After all of them... go home?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Mia took the two attacks, comparing the sensations - a crackling, tickling buzz and a tingling cold. Different, but not in intensity. "I don't think one was worse than the other. Maybe we're not Dragon-types."

Rocky didn't seem interested anymore, though. She frowned.

"I want to stay in Cibus," she said. "I can fight lots of people and there aren't as many weird rules as in Dave's world. I like it a lot better here. Dave isn't going to want to stay, though."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Rocky did perk up a little when Mia reported that the attacks had hurt the same. "We're not dragon-types? That's weird." Maybe Nate was right and he wouldn't like swimming after all.

He drooped a little when Mia said she wanted to remain on Cibus. "Cibus seems better than Nate's world, too," he said. A quick psychic check confirmed that the marshtomp was still asleep. Good. "I don't think I want to stay here, though. I want to explore! But... I don't know. Don't you think you're going to miss Dave?"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
'Miss'. Hmm. "I didn't like it when he was dead," Mia said. "I like talking to him. It would be nice if he stayed here too. But he wants to go home."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
She tilted her head. "I don't think you can just go to Dave's world. It's not like Cibus where they have people appearing from other worlds when there's a crisis. There is no evidence of other worlds there. If it was possible, someone would probably have done it, and we would know about it."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Maybe..." Rocky wasn't sure how it mattered that nobody had done . "But we're like eternatus! We can fly through space! And go to other worlds I think, maybe? Wasn't that what the one Giovanni was chasing was doing?" He stood pondering a second. "I mean, unless there was something in Dave's world that blocked you from getting in, I don't see why you couldn't."

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Mia thought about it. "It depends on how common it is for people to be able to travel between worlds. If only a few people can do it, then the odds they haven't been to our world are higher. But if there's an Eternatus in most universes, and they all go between worlds, you should expect that practically all worlds have an Eternatus come to them at some point, unless something prevents them from doing it."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
“Well, there aren’t any eternatus in Dave’s world, are there? None in Marshtomp’s world, either. And I don’t think there was supposed to be one around Cibus, either. I don’t know if there are very many.” He sighed. “But it doesn’t really matter. I was just wondering. That’s all.”

He backed up a pace from Mia and sank back into a ready stance. He was smiling, but not as broadly as before. ”So you can use Dragon Breath now. Anything else? Hit me with your best shot!”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Mia paused as she turned her attention back to the sensations in her body. Something dark and cold that felt a little like Shadow...? She concentrated on it, narrowed her eyes and swept a scythe, producing a pulse of shadow energy that shot towards Rocky.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Rocky ducked and weathered the burst of shadows. "Huh. That felt pretty weird. I can do that, too, can't I?" After a few seconds of trying, he was able to produce his own small Shadow Blast as well. "I don't know what attack that was," he said with interest. "Maybe I couldn't do that before, either!"

For a while, they sparred back and forth, testing the limits of their new forms. Mia was faster than ever, and her scythes were sharper, too. Rocky didn't put up his best fight, easily distracted by wanting to feel new things or prod Mia to try something different. He was stronger, too, but his attacks didn't have their usual bite.

After a while he was clearly getting bored. "That was a good fight!" Rocky said. "Do you want to try different foods now? I can wake Marshtomp up, and then we can find somewhere to eat!"

It took some determined mental prodding to drag Nate back to wakefulness, but at last he was yawning hugely, blinking bad-temperedly up from his spot by the substitute. "Oh. Right. Hot dogs, was that it?" He got up and stretched, then stood rubbing his face for a moment. "Might as well head to Pasta Plaza, then. Loads of shit out that way."

Outside the air was warming up, and the trees lining Destiny Village's streets were in bloom. Rocky perked up a little, watching petals drift through the air, and he took it upon himself to lead the way to Pasta Plaza. Nate watched him with narrowed eyes, apparently unmoved by the trees.

"Okay, Mia!" Rocky said. "Let me know when you see someplace that looks good. Or--or smells good! We can smell now, too!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Pasta Plaza was full of smells that were familiar, smells that Dave knew and Mia would too. A lot of grease, oil, melted cheese, sticky sweetness. She sniffed the air, teasing apart the different aromas.

"I think I smell hotdogs. They're that way." She pointed her scythe towards a hotdog stand by the side of the street. "I got some before from the guild cafeteria, but this looks more like where Dave usually went with the other me."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Oh, a stand like this?" Rocky asked, going up to start his order. "Marshtomp's world has places like this too, I think."

"Sure. I've had plenty of hot dogs at places like this," Nate said. He only wanted what Rocky said was a basic, boring one with ketchup on it. Rocky ordered as much of every topping as would fit and watched eagerly as the hypno at the stand piled the onions high.

"It's funny how the food here is so much like the food in Marshtomp's world," Rocky said while waiting for his hot dog. "I mean, they don't even have the same kinds of animals here! How is that supposed to work?"

"These things ain't even got real meat," Nate said disdainfully. But after a second he grudgingly added, "I guess they taste okay, though."

Rocky took his hot dog, which was nearly lost under a mound of toppings, and held it carefully. Juice and sauce ran down from it and wicked slowly into his ectoplasm. "Wow, I can... kind of already taste it," Rocky said, inspecting his hands curiously. "Why don't you get yours, too? Then we can both try them at the same time!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Mia picked a random assortment of toppings off the list, then morphed her scythe into a hand to hold the result. Not having proper teeth made it a bit more difficult to bite into than normal, but the taste was very much like what she remembered. "These ones are good. In our world some people are working on synthetic meats. Maybe they're just a lot better in Cibus."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Rocky didn't bother biting down; he shoved the hot dog into his face whole, where it floated in a cloud of toppings, slowly dissolving into shadow. Nate grimaced and turned away.

"Wow!" Rocky's eyes gleamed. "That's so cool. There's so many... there's all the different flavors! This is so much better than Marshtomp's memories. And I can tell them all apart, too." He was quiet a moment, apparently concentrating on the slow process of digestion going on inside his ectoplasm. When he went on he said, "It's true, they're supposed to be synthetic meat here. But these hot dogs taste like the ones in Marshtomp's world, and those aren't even made out of pokémon! But the original ones here must have been, right? How did they get the right taste?"

Nate's hot dog was already long gone; he was ordering another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom