• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum ~ Training Rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr's grin flickered a bit at the mention of Mewtwo. "Yeah. Would be pretty badass if we could all take him down. That'd be something." There was a noticeable strain to her words.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Yeah. Everyone had seen it. Seen her charge Mewtwo headlong, screaming bloody murder. Not to mention the fact that she'd told Silver and Nate when she barely knew them at all. Not much point in trying to hide anything anymore.

"This multi-universe stuff is some real bullshit, gotta say," Starr said slowly, shaking her head. "You're right--I know him, but he doesn't know me. I know... another version of him. In my world, he's human." She paused, swallowing bile. "...And he's my father."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot blinked and stared back in surprise with his mouth open.

"Your... father?!"

He looked at Starr silently for a moment as he thought of what to say. He'd heard from some his teammates that an alternate Treasure Town existed in their world, but now there were alternate versions of people they knew as well? Did that mean different versions of his friends or his parents were out there as well? Ones who wouldn't even know who he was?

"That... must be so strange. I can only imagine what it must be like to find out that some alternate version of your dad is behind all of this... let alone one that doesn't even recognize you."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr let out a hollow laugh. "You can say that again. It's like... I know it's not him. He's not the person who raised me. Who... did all those things." She didn't really want to get into any of that, though.

She sighed deeply and added, "It's gotta be even weirder for Silver. Dunno if you're met him--the dude who turned into a Cosmog? Mewtwo--or I guess, the man who turned into Mewtwo--he's Silver's dad too. Actually his dad--same world." Starr found herself suddenly counting herself lucky that she hadn't been face to face with the same Giovanni she knew. God that would've sucked even worse.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot gave Starr a worried look at the mention of all the 'things' her father had done, but opted not to press it. It didn't seem like she really wanted to talk about it.

"I haven't spoken to him yet," Cabot admitted. "I don't really know him, but I heard he prefers to be on his own."

He paused. Different versions or not, if Starr and Silver both had the same father...

"Wait, but does that mean he's your brother then? And that there's a Silver in your world as well?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr chuckled a bit. It was kind of funny hearing Cabot instantly come to the same conclusion she and Silver had when they'd first talked about it. "It's wild, isn't it? Like, yeah, I guess we're siblings, in a weird screwed up kinda way? Or like... I'm my world's version of him, and he's his world's version of me? Hell if I know. Cause yeah, pretty sure he's not around in my world."

She paused with a slight grimace. "Although... I do have an actual brother back home. He's nothing like Silver, though. And, uh... this is gonna sound weird as hell but... you'll get the chance to see what he's like, cause my shade pretty much transformed into a fucking clone of him."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot blinked once again.

"Your Shade already formed a body?"

He briefly looked at his own Shade, wondering just what or who it would turn into. Cabot looked back at Starr and rubbed at the back of his neck.

"But... that really must be weird then. Especially after just encountering a different version of your father," he said. "Where is he now?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"Ah, he's been heading off on his own during the day since then. Spends most of his time at Chip's lab. Keeps trying to talk my ear off with shit they've found out even though I already told him I don't care. To be honest though, it's kind of a relief that I'm not tethered to him anymore. I mean psychic link still there, weird as hell. But like, it was driving me nuts having to keep that rock within five feet of me at all times if I didn't want a migraine," Starr said, rubbing her head. Her eyes wandered down to the shade that had hopped over with Cabot. "So I see yours hasn't hatched yet."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot tilted his head, before looking back down at his Shade.

"Oh, yeah, I guess he still needs a bit more time. He has become more active lately, though," the Cranidos insisted. "He never jumped around this much before last week."

Cabot noticed his Shade playfully jumping over his right foot and landing right in between his feet, getting ready to try and jump over his other foot. He quickly picked up his Shade before it could accidently land on one of his toes.

"I'm glad I ran into Lugia and Meringue a few weeks ago, though. Before that I kept my Shade at the bottom of my bag and tried not to think too much about him. I mean, this is the same Shade that possessed Lugia, so it just didn't feel right to get all affectionate with him, you know? But while Lugia seemed hesitant at first, she wasn't holding what happened against the Shade and told me that I should befriend him if I could. I'm happy I did, since I'm worried he might have been more like Celeste's Shade if none of that had happened"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr rubbed the back of her head. "Mm. Yeah, wasn't too keen on making friends with shades myself. Kind of a relief to hear someone else who wasn't excited about it either. I don't think you gotta worry about it coming out wrong, though. I tried to throw mine away and he's talking plenty now. Too much," she added with a dry laugh. "Anyway, with how much it's moving around, wouldn't be surprised if it happens soon. Do you... think it'll turn into anyone you know?" It was never going to stop being weird as hell that that was a thing that could happen.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"I mean, it's certainly possible..." Cabot murmured as he put a claw to his mouth. "If he does, maybe he'll take on the form of Berecien or Niilo? They are my best friends after all. Or maybe he'll turn into- huh?!"

He looked back at his Shade which suddenly began pulsing energy. Cabot hastily put the rock back down onto the ground as black goo started to seep out of it.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
God, it would have been even weirder if the shade had decided to turn into one of her friends. A clone of Jade or Ajia? No thanks.

But while Starr was thinking about that, Cabot had hurriedly put the shade down and stepped back from it. Starr blinked. "Huh? What's--" She froze the instant she noticed the black goo bubbling out from the stone. "Oh shit, it's happening now?"

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
"I... I think so."

Cabot stared in awe as more dark liquid came out of his Shade, which now covered the entire rock. The stone slowly rose up from the ground as the black goo around it started to expand and take shape. His Shade formed into a creature that was roughly the same size as him, with a long neck, a pair of wings, and a tapering tail. Several lighter colored, almost silvery plates formed along its back as its body solidified and black feathers spread across it. Cabot's eyes widened. Different colors or not, he instantly recognized his Shade had turned into...

"Pleo?!"

Pleo, or rather, the Shade that had taken on the young Lugia's form, opened his eyes, revealing them to be a glowing red. Cabot grimaced slightly. Why, his Shade had almost the exact same color scheme as Lugia when she was corrupted!

His Shade's demeanor, however, was nothing like that of a corrupted Pokémon, as Pleo gave Cabot a cheery smile and happily beat his wings up and down.

"Cabot! I'm finally free!"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr had watched it happen at least five times now, but it was never not going to be weird as hell to see those things suddenly bubble up and mutate into shadowy, translucent, glowy-eyed Pokemon out of nowhere. There was still that instinctive flicker of unease seeing as they looked way too much like the shade-possessed Pokemon had. Doubly so given that this one looked almost exactly like the possessed Lugia they'd fought not too long ago. (And it wasn't like Starr had the highest opinion of Lugia to begin with given what the one from her world was like.)

This one was small, though. Young-looking too; a lot younger than Meringue. And on top of that, Cabot obviously recognized them.

"You, uh... you know this Lugia?" Starr asked incredulously.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot looked at Pleo at a loss for words, when Starr's question snapped him back to attention.

"Y-Yeah, I do," he said. "He's the Lugia from my world... and also my friend."

Pleo similarly turned his attention over to Starr and cheerily greeted her.

"Oh, hi there!" the young Lugia chirped. "I'm Pleo!"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Starr blinked as the Lugia--definitely a kid, judging by the voice--addressed her. "Uh, hi. I'm Starr. Welcome to existing, I guess? Dunno how much you remember from... being in a rock." She hadn't asked Lexx because she really hadn't wanted to talk to him more than the bare minimum, but part of her was vaguely curious about it all the same.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Pleo paused in thought for a moment. "Well... I remember being with Cabot and being able to feel how he felt... how he missed his friends back home... Oh! And I remember wanting to play!"

Cabot shifted a bit uneasily, before tilting his head. "Do you remember anything from before that? About Lugia and Darkwhite?"

"Only a little bit," Pleo murmured, before hanging his head in shame. "I... think I possessed that other Lugia."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Huh. So he... remembered doing that. He also looked miserable about it. Yet another sign that the shades didn't want to be like that. As if the universe hadn't already proven Starr wrong enough times by now.

"Wasn't your fault," Starr muttered, glancing away. "You didn't know what you were doing. And we saved her anyway, so it all worked out."

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Pleo perked up at Starr's reassurance as Cabot hesitantly spoke up.

"What about the first few weeks inside that rock?" the Cranidos asked. "Do you remember much from those days?"

"I remember how sad and lonely you felt after that strange machine thingy corrupted you," Pleo answered. "But other than that it's mostly darkness... and I felt kinda hungry too."

Cabot looked down towards the ground, feeling a sense of guilt.

"I guess that would be because I kept you at the bottom of my bag and tried not to think about you being there" he murmured. "I'm sorry."

"But Cabot, you don't have to say sorry for that!"

"Huh?"

"I know you did it because you cared about that other Lugia, and I don't even remember it that well, so of course I'm not upset over it!" Pleo insisted. "Besides, we're friends, aren't we?"

For a short moment Cabot stared at Pleo at a loss for words, before nodding back and giving Pleo a warm smile. Even if the creature before him wasn't really Pleo, it was hard to deny how similar he was despite the different colors. And he had to admit, with how much he'd missed his friends back home part of him did feel really happy to see Pleo like this.

"Yeah, we are."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom