• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum ~ Training Rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
She then looked at the prince with a nostalgic gaze.

“Still… I had no idea that another similar world like the one I helped save existed,” She looked around the colosseum, eyes stumbling on a crack in the wall. “And had its own group of outlanders to save. It’s all quite… amusing. Especially when our existences find parallels with each other.”

“Ah, thou tell me about that! Parallel universes with parallel threats handled by parallel entities… That is quite a lot to take in.”

Icetales sat back down and sipped some more of his tea, letting the fresh flavor wash over his body. “And I concur. It is quite amusing, indeed. When it is not confusing, that’s it.”

She eyed up his blades.

“It’s not often you see the blade in a pokemon’s paw, most would choose their abilities or other weapons,” She sipped again. “Excellent brew, by the way… reminds me of the herbal remedies of home… what is yours like? Your home, I mean? I do like to hear of worlds beyond mine.”

Icetales tilted his head. “Oh, is that so? In my world, weaponry is relatively common, even if it is hardly ever used for bellicose purposes. At least, not in modern times.”

He sighed and looked at his remaining swords. “And no, it is not very common for a Ninetales to wield a sword, but that is something I have learned to do to improve my finesse, speed and skills. Also, to strengthen my jaws.”

The Ninetales looked at his tea. “Anyway, I appreciate the compliment. This blend is a recreation of some tea I used to drink in my world: a strong touch of mint with some aromatic and medical herbs. And whenever I enchant it, I can feel a surge of energy that improves my resistance to attacks.

“Now, for some general details about my world, hmm…” He sipped some more tea. “It is… a world like any other? Divided in kingdoms, with Borealis as the Winter Empire and Solaris as the Summer Republic, among things. I used to live in Borealis, but due to some… unfortunate circumstances, I had to move to the republic. It is pleasant, full of beaches and pretty flower patches.” He chuckled. “The kind of stuff thou cannot see in a country with neverending snow…”

TheLastRanger13

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
His/him
“Mm,” She sipped at her tea. “Endless beaches and flowers, it sounds like the south of my home, the Nakamura Vale.”

She gave him a sympathetic look.

“Being separated from your home is never a good experience,” She shook her head. “But… honing your experience with the blade will sharpen you for when you return. I left my home for some time… perhaps we could practice together!”

The Queen clapped excitedly.

“I don’t get to spar very often back home, my body is too injured and the advisors are too concerned about me… um… forwarding the bloodline to let me fight…”

She blushed somewhat.

“Only if you’re willing to spar, of course!”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales’s ears flicked with interest, his tails thumping on the floor. Someone requested a duel from him?

“Dost thou fancy a sparring session with yours truly? My,” Icetales smiled and wagged his tails, “I’d be most honored, my dear. Not many folks are proficient with the blade, and I could use an experienced duel partner.”

What? Am I not enough for thee?

We essentially use the same techniques. In order to improve, we must confront ourselves with some other moves and skillset.

Hm. Fair.

“I hereby accept thy proposal, Queen Gene.”

The Ninetales stored his teacup and teapot, before striding toward the box with the swords. He turned around. “Will thee use thy weapon or thou would prefer to borrow one of my swords? I am fine, anyway.”

TheLastRanger13

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
His/him
“One of your swords will do, friend,” She rubbed the back of her neck. “My sword might be… a tad too sharp, since we bisharps have a history of infighting, so our weapons are designed to cut one another.”

She stood up and began to stretch.

“It’s been too long since I’ve wielded a blade like this, let’s hope I’m not… rusty.”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales stared at Gene, then at her sheathed weapon. He deduced that it must be a blade crafted with extremely durable material, if it was capable of slicing through the metallic body of a Bisharp.

“Hmm. I am curious to know how your people forge their weapons, now. Mild curiosity, I very much do not intend of crafting such weaponry.”

Thou art wondering if it could cut through daemons, too?

Icetales didn’t answer his inner darkness, and limited himself to lifting the box of swords with some of his tails.

“Ah, I wager that thy rust will be shed off after thou swing a sword for a moment. Such skills might end up buried, but not forgotten.”

With his leftmost tail, he picked one of his blunter weapons. A cold gust swirled around the blade, and the ice sword became sharp once more.

“But yes, then intent is good-hearted sparring, not brutish confrontation. So yes, feel free to pick one of my swords, Queen Gene.”

TheLastRanger13

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
His/him
Gene smiled and picked up a sword, determining its heft and shape. Satisfied on how it felt in her left paw, she gave it a few practice swings, her technique was sharp and precise.

“A fine blade for a fine warrior!” She looked at him and bowed formally. “Engarde, prince.”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales smirked, and his tails quivered with excitement, the fine mist cloaking his mane. The gauntlet had been thrown down, and he was more than ready to pick up the challenge.

"As thou wish, Queen."

The Ninetales picked up one of his swords in his tails, before sending the box sliding to the side. An upward swing, a sideways motion, and then he held the blade in front of his face. The ice gleamed under the artificial lights of the training room, but then those reflections were sucked out by the darkness seeping through the sword. His darkness pulsed beneath his fox body, but it had yet to fully surface. Not yet.

"And with this sword of mine, may the duel start."

Icetales brought the sword into his jaws and his eyes glowed with icy energy.

"...En garde!" he muttered through his clenched fangs.

Swoosh! The Ninetales sped forward, his sword vibrating with frost as it cut through the air, aimed at one specific spot: the wrist holding the opponent's sword.

TheLastRanger13

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
His/him
“A well aimed strike!” She grinned and swiftly countered his strike, blade clashing on blade, causing an echoing sound. “A disciplined jaw and a precise aim.”

She grinned and attempted a disarm of her own, with a swift and elegant motion, she got her blade on the underside of his and pushed up, wither to knock the sword loose or to flip him over.

“You’re more disciplined than the blunts signing up to be samurai!”

She grinned, heart racing, adrenaline pumping through her veins. She was happy, thrilled to see some sort of combat again.

“How unqueenish of me!” She laughed proudly. “This is far better than addressing my parliament!”

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Ha! A parry! That was expected from an expert swordmon, and so was the counterattack. Fast! Move!

Putting as much weight as he could into his tails, he leaned his entire body backwards and pulled himself away from the rising swipe. The tips clashed against each other, clanging metallically, and Icetales grit his teeth both for effort and to keep his hold on the sword.

He smirked in delight and his tails wagged, just as dark ice started cloaking his pelt.

“Ah, marvelous! How marvelous, indeed!” replied the Ninetales, his voice full of respect, and he bowed his head. “I very much appreciate the compliment, but thou hast a sublime technique, too. I can see thou hast been trained splendidly,” his eyes flashed dark, “but so have I.”

This time, Icetales attempted an assault from a different angle. He ran around his opponent, leaping in a zigzag pattern for disorienting purposes, and then he burst forward with a low swing.

TheLastRanger13

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
His/him
Gene’s smile only widened.

“your techniques are sharp!” She yelled as he zig zagged towards her. She then closed her eyes and readied her sword, using her feelings to predict. She grinned.

As he approached, her smile widened, grip on the blade tightening. What she lacked in speed, she made up in her bulwark.

As he swung, she blocked with great accuracy, however, she wasn’t fast enough, while she successfully defended herself, she stumbled due to her own weight and lack of practice.

“S-shimata!” She squeaked, somewhat open for attack!

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
A glint seemed to shine into Icetales’ eyes as his opponent lost her footing. The lack of practice and rust were starting to get to her already.

His fencer’s instincts kicked in immediately, and a black aura flowed through his entire body, turning his pelt into a mix of purple hues and blue flames. With an excited growl, he pushed his front paws to leap upward and swung his blade upward…

Clang!

A mighty strike, strong enough to knock an opponent’s sword out of their grip. But was that enough…?

TheLastRanger13

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
His/him
A powerful upward strike! Her blade remained in her hand, but only just.

“Nani?!” She gasped and almost fell on her butt, barely keeping balance. “Ngh…”

A lack of practice seemed to be getting to her, her balance impaired as she just recently got a working leg again. Not being one to falter, she swiftly swung down before he could lower his blade from the last attack, putting her metallic weight into the strike.

Even if she was losing, she was happy to be sparring again!

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Icetales’ eyes widened in surprise at the sudden downward swing. “Heavens!”

His mind raced a mile per second — being on his hind legs put him at a terrible disadvantage, as he wouldn’t have been able to put enough force into his parry.

As such, he limited himself to tightening his jaws, and braced himself for impact.

Another loud clang, then a sharp hiss as Icetales was brought down on all fours roughly. He shivered when the shockwave spread through his entire body, his tails uncurling instantly as the jolt shook his muscles.

“Hmrgh…”

Icetales growled as he held the sword from an uncomfortable position, his forepaws too spread out to keep the hold for long.

He needed some distance! He needed to… ha! Right! Time for a little gamble!

Just when he was about to collapse, he put as much strength into his left forepaw and hind paw, then pushed. His entire body rolled on the side, exposing his underbelly, and the other sword struck the floor.

Barely… he barely dodged the swing, but now he was more vulnerable!

TheLastRanger13

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
His/him
Gene held firm and panted somewhat, watching him as he lay on the ground, stomach showing.

Cautiously, she expected a sneak attack, so she watched him with very careful brown eyes, sword held tightly in her mitten like hand.

She squinted and took a hesitant step forward, being too hasty had cost her before.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
“…Heh. Very swell job, dear queen. Very swell job, indeed.”

Icetales chuckled amidst his heavy breathing, his tails wagging and scattering snowflakes.

“It has been quite long since I’ve had a good sparring session with a fellow swordsmon. I am most delighted.” He lifted his forepaw. “Hmm… I would say we could take a small break, wouldst thou not agree? We both are somewhat exhausted, and we do not want to overexert ourselves. No?”

Hm? But if we can keep going for much longer.

Darkness mine. It is better to not exaggerate, especially when someone needs to remove the rust after not training for so long. I do not desire her to get hurt.

Hmph. All right.

“As such, what dost thou say?” he asked, rolling back and with his belly on the floor. “Fancy some rest, and then go for round two? I would be much delighted to keep training with thee. Thou hast mighty skills!”

[RD16] Cross Reactive (Nate, Rocky, and Aria)

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"I can't believe Mia was too busy to train today," Rocky said dejectedly. "She always wants to train. It's her favorite thing!"

"I mean, you could always take a break," Nate said hopefully. "They got some decent matches scheduled up above, you know. The machamp S'more working on his godly training and all. Or we could go to the beach or something. Or just go home, you know, ain't nothing like a nap when--"

"No. This is my training time, and I'm training," Rocky said firmly. "Besides, I want to see you do your Radiance again! You never even used it except for that one time. I want to figure out what it does!"

"Not this shit again," Nate grumbled. "I guess if you're really jonesing to stand around for half an hour with nothing happening, sure."

The path to the training room was familiar by now. Rocky had gotten a time slot booked a couple months ago, continuing out who knew how far. He was planning to keep his training time with Mia even after Nate left. Nate shoved open the door, same as usual, feeling dimly melancholy. There wasn't much time left.

ExplosiveTurkey

gib bludoge pls
Pronouns
him/his
Before he could disappear into the private chamber, a voice rang out.

"Hey. You're Nate, right?"

A lucario walked towards them with a seemingly-relaxed gait, the door to a nearby room closing behind her.

"And... you're his familiar, I presume?" Aria continued, glancing at Rocky.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate turned, immediately wary. Who was that? Shield? No, less bulky. There were plenty of lucario around Destiny Village; kind of a thing, honestly. Nate felt like he knew this one, but why? Not someone he'd gotten into a fight with at the plaza or none of that shit, was it?

Rocky bought him a moment to consider by giving a bright, "That's right! I'm Rocky!"

Ah, fuck it. Not like Rocky wouldn't give it away in a heartbeat anyhow. "Yeah, I'm Nate," Nate said reluctantly. "Who's asking?"

"You're Aria, aren't you?" Rocky said, eyes agleam. "From the Miracle Matters?"

Ah, there it was. Trust Rocky to keep track of shit like that. Nate stayed where he was, hand slack on the door to the training room. If Rocky wanted to run down their timeslot chatting instead of actually fighting, Nate wasn't going to complain.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Nah, you're fine," Nate said, letting the door handle go.

"We were just about to do some training," Rocky said. His eyes brightened and his flames danced high. "Want to join? It's always fun to train with new people!"

"What? I mean, look, she's probably busy..." Nate said nervously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom