• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum ~ Stands

Status
Not open for further replies.
R9 - Spectrum Showcase
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    Considered to be one of the most energetic places in the world, Destiny Colosseum's stands were constantly buzzing with excitement. Monumental fights seemed to happen every other day, and with Team Spectrum now paying regular visits, it seemed like the Colosseum was becoming even more popular. The food here was simple to eat and easy to hold, and humans would associate it strongly with stadium food of other sports back home. Incineroar's voice echoed with every call he made, and the overhanging screens showed the vitality of the fighters below.

From this high up, it was hard to interact with those fighting, but at least they could watch with a good view. The front row seats, after all, were difficult to reserve, even for Team Spectrum

R9 – Opportunity – Brisa & Team Spice
  • Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
    Staff
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. charizard
    3. milotic
    4. zoroark-soda
    5. sceptile
    6. marowak
    7. jirachi
    "And that's the match! A decisive victory for Karat against Team Drumstick!"

"Gah!" Thyme flicked a vine toward the arena in what might have been a rude gesture. "C'mon, humans represent! Bone!" But she probably didn't hear him.

"Well, they are against Karat," Pepper added, patting Thyme on the back as they sat at the stands. "They spar all the time. They're probably constantly trying to learn each other's moves..."

"At least they actually let Karat out to fight and stuff," Thyme muttered. "Guess helping take down that Giovanni dude was enough to make up for everything else..."

"Bone's so cool..." Surf stood on her toes, while Turf, now a Croconaw from her fights in this very colosseum, tried to get to the same height. "Can I use a weapon during fights?"

"I don't think it'd be as effective, Surf," Pepper commented. "It's not really all that often Pokemon can fight better with a weapon than without... Too clunky. Marowak were practically built for that kind of fighting, though."

"Heh. Imagine me with a weapon." Thyme tilted his head.

R9 – A Candle meets a Cat and her Cat
  • Fusion

Oh knee on
    Pronouns
    Him/His
    Partners
    1. zoroark
    An ethereal Scraggy can be seen jumping from seat to seat, following a Lampent busily jotting down notes in a notebook. Seeing Karat in action felt like it helped Vix understand what a Mewtwo was. In a word, it was powerful. And purple, and a feline. It felt like a lot of strong things here were feline...

"I still don't know what a Mewtwo is, but it's definitely powerful! I wonder if your world has one?" Puddle asked, vaulting over an arm rest and just barely evading a face plant. "I wonder if we can find it and fight it..."

Vix shut her notebook and put it in her satchel, turning to look at Puddle. "It'd be fun to find out. If anything, Castiss and Eera would know about it..." she paused for a moment. "Do you remember them from my memories? I still don't really know how that part of familiars work."

Puddle shrugged. "Vaguely. The fox guy with short hair and no self preservation, and the stoic bisharp with more brain than brawn, and he's super strong. And sharp." It tried to jump two seats at once, but as it was getting ready to, it noticed a black and blue Zeraora a little ways away. "Speaking of strong, there's Luz! Hey Luz!" Puddle called, waving to get her attention. It then slipped off the armrest.

R13 - Apologies (Koa & Brisa)
  • Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Partners
    1. flygon
    2. swampert
    3. ho-oh
    4. crobat
    5. orbeetle
    6. joltik
    7. salandit
    8. tyrantrum
    As the commotion from the fight died down and the spectators had mostly filed out, Koa waited. His mind was still reeling from what he’d seen – Astrid, Starr and Brisa, all facing down Lugia in an incredible match, and then against all odds they’d won. Brisa had won. But that wasn’t even the best part. During the battle they’d transformed. Like Owen had.

Ho-oh’s feathers they were so cool. Starr’s radiant fur, the gleaming shadow of Astrid and… Brisa. He still felt his heart racing from when he’d first witnessed her transform.

Brisa had become something… more. No longer just an unusual Luxray but now taking on the form of a Zeraora. Yet she was still distinctly Brisa.

Finally, he spotted her, leaving the colosseum. His worries momentarily evaporated, washed away by a wave of excitement.

“Brisa!” he shouted. He sprinted over to her, eyes glowing with delight. She’d returned to her old form it seemed, though it did nothing to dampen his excitement. He continued, his voice a near breathless ramble. “Brisa that was amazing! You turned into a legendary! And you guys beat Lugia! That was sick!”

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom