• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Destiny Colosseum ~ Stands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Fucking hell this match is anime as fuck.

Puddle stood up on its seat, letting out a cheer and surprising itself at the same time. Was Puddle himself... a battle junkie..?

"H-Holy shit..!" Puddle exclaimed. "I didn't actually expect to see a second turn! Let alone a third! Was everyone on the team just this strong? We're probably better at beating ourselves than the bad guys we fight!"

Puddle's Narrator said:
...anime as fuck...

'...What the fuck's an anime?'

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
"Hella yeah, Vix and I could use the good company. And she... could really use someone else's company other than mine."

Luz nodded, and made a mental note to get the four of them together in a room to do something fun. Maybe battle! Although, Team Lightning would probably wipe the floor with Team Gloop. Something to think about.

"H-Holy shit..!" Puddle exclaimed. "I didn't actually expect to see a second turn! Let alone a third! Was everyone on the team just this strong? We're probably better at beating ourselves than the bad guys we fight!"

Luz shrugged expansively, and put an arm around her new friend. "We're all plenty strong in our own ways. Matchups, rules, contexts, that stuff makes a big difference to who comes out on top! There ain't nobody in the team who could beat every single other member, I think. I reckon folks need to lay off this idea that strength is somethin' that makes ya always win, and that if ya lose, it means you're weak."

She jabbed a claw into Puddle's goop. "Y'ain't weak, you'n yer host. If'n we ever lost our favourite candle, we'd be worse off fer it. I mean that."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
She jabbed a claw into Puddle's goop. "Y'ain't weak, you'n yer host. If'n we ever lost our favourite candle, we'd be worse off fer it. I mean that."

Being poked tickled a lot more than Puddle had thought it would, causing little bubbles to rise through its body as it giggled. "H-Hey, quit it..!" Puddle sputtered. It would have pushed away, but Luz's arm was the size of its entire damn body, so that was a no go. And also, it was nice.

"I think you're right, though. Vix is a whole lot more useful than she thinks, but I don't think she'll believe me if I just... told her," Puddle rested its head on Luz and sighed. "I wish I was able to help her. I tried throwing her into this, thinking it'd end somewhat well for her, but she barely even made it past the first turn. This is gonna eat her up inside..."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Hmhm!" Cal giggled, leaning forward. "Look at them go..."

She glanced at Puddle. "Hey, does this settle the 'my dad can beat up your dad' thing? I know Vix isn't your dad but she's a candle so it's kinda close, right?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
She glanced at Puddle. "Hey, does this settle the 'my dad can beat up your dad' thing? I know Vix isn't your dad but she's a candle so it's kinda close, right?"

Puddle couldn't believe what it was hearing. The audacity.

"Ok, firstly, Brisa was the one that beat up Vix. Secondly, In a one-v-one between your dad and my... lamp, Owen would be toast," Puddle huffed, sticking its tongue out at Cal. "And Vix is off her game today anyway, normally she'd have wiped the floor with Brisa and Owen by herself."

That was so obviously a lie that Cal would have no choice but to believe it was true.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle shot back a smug glare, grinning. It would have gotten closer, but like... it didn't wanna find out if goop and goop could mix. "You know what, do it. I'm even willing to bet that Vix'll win."

For whatever reason, backing down just wasn't something Puddle could do. It wasn't no bitch.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
The hell was she doing? Puddle honestly didn't have a clue, but it couldn't show that.

"As if that would be enough to save your pops from the can of whoop-ass Vix could lay on him," Puddle huffed. It managed to cause its white irises to flicker. That was about as close to whatever Cal had done, right? "Hey Vix, Cal honestly thinks Owen can hold a candle to you in a fight. What say we prove her wrong? It probably wouldn't be the first time Owen got his scaley butt handed to him on a silver platter."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Luz laughed to herself at the ongoing bickering. Ultra shades were so interesting, so much fun! It'd be good to get to know these two better, maybe hang out as a group with their hosts, have some friendly competition... Wait!

"Say, you two," she called, clapping each of them on the back. "I think the fight is endin'!"

Down in the colosseum, Owen and Wishkeeper looked on as Brisa and Starr met in an explosive collision of power. The match—and the tournament—would go to Owen and Brisa, but those cats were going to take each other out for the sheer spectacle, it seemed!

"Would ya look at that!" marvelled Luz. "They're really somethin', huh?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Say, you two," she called, clapping each of them on the back. "I think the fight is endin'!"

Puddle smooshed against Cal from the back-clap, bubbling angrily as it glared at Luz. "Wh-What was that for?!" it sputtered, purple rising onto its cheeks. "I was in the middle of somethi--"

Its eyes were quickly brought back to the fight, and an excited smile grew upon its face. "Even though Vix totally could wipe Owen in a fight, I think the both of them would have trouble handling Brisa and Starr!"

Puddle's eyes sparkled white for a moment, and its tail happily wagged behind it. "I-I wanna... I wanna fight 'em!" Guess that answered whether or not Puddle was a battle junkie like most of the team was. All it needed to do now was explode someone to death in one hit and it'd fit right in.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Are you kidding? Owen's totally the brains of the operation with Brisa! I bet she'd... like, I dunno, I bet she'd just attack Starr nonstop with her strongest attacks if Owen didn't strategize and rehearse stuff! He's smart AND strong AND dumb!" Cal puffed out her chest. "Besides, Owen's got a thousand years on the two of you combined, or something."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"A thousand years doesn't mean nothin' when it comes to Vix. She beat a super-evil ghost thing that was waaaaaaaay older than Owen was! I think!" Puddle honestly didn't know, looking back at Vix's memories... that ghost guy never gave an age, but the dungeon she found it in was definitely time-fucked. Who knows how old it was..?

Still, Puddle huffed at Cal and poked her in the chest. "And you just called him dumb anyway! Finally, something we can agree with! That, and the fact that Brisa would probably go all-out on Starr if she had the chance. I don't think anyone can really debate that."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Puddle just got an actual body. It was still getting used to walking and moving its arms and having a tail... Getting into a fight now would be ill advised at best.

"Nuh-UH! It's almost cute how strong you think you are. I haven't lost a fight yet!" Puddle scoffed, poking Cal back. "I'd beat you with both of my arms detached from my body. Hell, I coulda beat you when I was a puddle!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom