• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Describe someone else’s fic badly.

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Nebby’s most recent post inviting us to create ridiculously long light novel alt. titles for our fics reminded me of something that came up in the Discord earlier this month: describe someone else’s fic bAdLy. I like this game because it’s weirdly good advertising for each other’s fics.

————

🌟Examples from the chat:🌟

@Negrek described @Keleri ’s Gods and Demons: “Local girl's quest to make friends has a body count.”

@Dragonfree described @Umbramatic ’s Greenhorn Prometheus: “Local scientist is determined not to follow in his asshole father's footsteps, proceeds to do so anyway.”

(There were more if anyone wants to dig through and find ‘em.)

————

You can do one someone else has already written a description for, but let’s try to spread the love around. ❤ And you can’t do your own.

If you need even more silliness, there’s also Melodrama!! Anime episode chapter titles?!

WildBoots

Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
The Suicune’s Choice by @Pen : “Sweetest boy’s attempt to do a Good Thing results in nearly killing someone and taking all his sh*t.”

Reactions: Pen

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Broken Things by @Persephone : Three teenagers fail to get along as they're forced to travel together by a company that probably lumped them together randomly. Also features a snow fox who thinks she's better than everyone and refuses to have more than one other team member.

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
Hands of Creation by @Namohysip : Charmander goes to great lengths to prove he's a big boy, including trying weed. The universe is quick to punish him.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
@Tanuki ’s Song of Two Worlds: Rock explodes, most people die, and the ones that don’t are turned into furries.

@windskull ’s Places We Call Home: Making an omelette almost gets someone executed.

@qva ’s Wandersword: Look at my horse, my horse is amazing.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Little God by Negrek: nobody puts kitty in a corner, until they do.

The Legendarian Chronicles by Chibi Pika: help, my spiky pikachu has depression! oh no, it's spreading!

Seiren by canisaries: a kid introduces his boomer dad to BTS, sparking a righteous crusade to end twitter users posting kpop gifs beneath political posts once and for all

Morphic by Dragonfree: what debatably begins as a vague abortion allegory culminates in a little furry girl accidentally lighting her own throat on fire. hm.

The Curious and the Shiny by NebulaDreams: depressed simba and his butch dog friend get an under-the-table job in order to cope with their abuse at the hands of some scary guys who named themselves after hair product

handfuls of dust by kintsugi: many thoughts. robobrain too small. overflowing. help (feat. thirsty sord)

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
@canisaries ‘s Seiren: I will now proceed to pleasure myself with this fish.

@Virgil134 ’s Casting Off: ♪In the navy, yes you can sail the seven seas♪

@Persephone ’s Broken Things: Three no good terrible kids and one shining beacon of light in the form of an Alolan Vulpix.

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Salvage by Negrek: an abominable humanoid shape-shifting thing goes on a quest to find it's mommy and ends up getting Mewtwo and an ex-Team Rocket grunt to tag along

Seiren by canisaries: A psychopath becomes BFF with a popstar and they go on adventures together

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
Morphic and the Shiny by @Dragonfree : Reddit atheist befriends human bug

Curious And The Shiny by @NebulaDreams : dog and cat uncover deep shit

Seiren by @canisaries : you're a squid now, you're a cultist now, you're a squi-

Little God by @Negrek : girl plays with cat, everyone disliked that

Hands Of Creation by @Namohysip : Let's see how many times we can break this Charmander's heart!

Wandersword by @qva : one of those boy and dog stories but with knights and shit and also a duck

I will potentially be back for more

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
@Sike Saner's The Origin Of Storms: In a world where Pokemon drive cars... heartbreak meets murder as two lost lovers frighten countless passerby innocents.

WildBoots

Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Handfuls of Dust by @kintsugi - After a girl is murdered by a sad lady, she and her best imaginary friend pilot a tin can together.

The Legendarian Chronicles by @Chibi Pika - Some stuff blows up. Also Team Rocket is there and they have guns.

WildBoots

Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock

WildBoots

Pronouns
She/Her
Partners