• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Del Wants to Borrow Your Characters Again! (Christmas Mashup #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeliriousAbsol

*Crazy Absol Noises*
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. mawile
Pitch blackness spread out in all directions, but it wasn't dark per-se. Pools of light radiated out from each wary footstep like ripples over a calm lake. In the distance, a strange figure drifted upside down, humming casually to itself.
"Oh! You're awake."
The creature was vaguely feline in shape, and didn't open its eyes. Yet it appeared to be looking right at you. Light flickered across the floor as you staggered back, raising a defensive arm.
The odd creature raised an eyebrow. "Hmm? You don't need to be afraid of me. You can trust me."
Trust you? I don't even know what you are.
The words don't form, instead echoing pointlessly in your head. This mew... if you could call it that?... was claiming you could trust it?
The odd creature's black fur blended almost seamlessly with the surroundings, broken only by the purple mohawk spreading from between its ears to the tip of its tail. It smiled and let out an odd chuckle.
"I only came here to deliver a message," it said. "One I think might be of interest to you?"
Your racing heart said otherwise.
"You see, I need a little help retrieving something. I'd go myself, but I'm just one little pokemon and the natives of that world don't exactly trust me." He paused, as if relishing in your sudden scepticism. "So, I need a few pawns for this little task. If you don't want to come yourself, you could always send a friend in your stead?"
At your confusion, the odd pokemon rights himself in the air and tucks his paws behind his head.
"It's the easiest option. I can't guarantee I'll bring you back safely. But a figment of your imagination? You'll still enjoy the adventure but with zero risk. Easy as apple pie!"
So you don't have to go yourself? You can just send a figment of your imagination?
Or are you already a figment of someone's imagination?... Oh no... Identity crisis!
But... You look back up at the strange mew-like creature.
The odd pokemon chuckled. "I see I have your interest?"
You take a step forward. Where is this world? What does this quest entail? Will there be pie, or was that just a metaphor?
The mew-like creature chuckles again and cracks open one purple eye. "I'm afraid that is a secret."
With that, he vanishes into thin air, leaving you standing in the vast blackness. Light begins to leak in from the distance like a rising sun.
"I'll be back later to collect you," comes the mew's disembodied voice. "Or whoever you are sending."

Okay, never let me write in the second person again.

Vague premise is vague. But now I have your interest (I hope) this is the sign-up for my Christmas Mashup! Here, you can submit a character for a story I plan to post in December. Will it be a one-shot? Will it have chapters? I do not know! But I want to give myself enough time to write it, and people enough time to submit characters.

All you have to do is submit a character from one of your existing stories! Or you can make a new one up entirely!

I'll leave this open until the end of October 31st UK time.

Before you sign up, please appreciate my Christian faith - no occult characters or references please. They make me wildly uncomfortable. I also will not write the houndoom line as a protagonist. Thank you for understanding.

Name:
Brief description:
Origin: (Name of your fanfic and the world they inhabit, if relevant. Please feel free to post a link.)
Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else?:

Remember, this is just for fun! I look forward to seeing what colourful characters you submit to this adventure! Last year was great, and I would love to make this a TR tradition! =D

(Yes, that mew is shamelessly based on Xellos from the Slayers series. Kudos to any who caught that.)

HaruMiju

Hero in their dreams
Pronouns
They/them, She/her,
Do I just submit here, like so? Pardon me if I get this wrong...

Name: Ruby

Species: Cyndaquil

Brief description: Chubby, blunt with her words, and always itching for a battle, Ruby is a heroic young girl with a unique biology. She can open her eyes, but prefers to keep them closed in order to not stand out. Her pudgy form is a result of her special powers - she's always brewing fire in her stomach, and if she doesn't periodically expel it, she could explode. In exchange, her fire attacks are super powerful! She's adventurous and not very bright, but deep down, open minded and caring about her friends. She can ONLY use fire type moves. Age 14. She's always wearing a necklace with a hexagon jewel on it.

Origin: Fanfic is not yet written, but she comes from a world called Heroica, where she is known as a Shining Warrior.

Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else?: After her main quest, she met this strange Mew on her journey.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
Name: Mitzcocotonaz (Coco)

Species: Tyrunt

Brief Description: Childlike and feral. Adorably vicious. She only hatched recently, and is still fascinated by a world that her instincts leave her ill-prepared for. Being hand-raised by a trainer. Currently teething; wants to show everyone how good her teeth are.

Story: Broken Things. She has a POV chapter.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Name: Swift
Species: Pidgeot
Brief description: Calm, soft-spoken, responsible, reassuring, the Mom Friend
Origin: The Legendarian Chronicles, mainline Pokemon trainerverse
Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else?: Let's say he volunteered to help out on his trainer's behalf.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Name: Minerva

Species: Meowth

Brief Description: Short tempered, yet caring of her friends. Not the easiest Pokemon to befriend, but she'll stick with ya if you manage it. Is rather fond of money, shiny things, and napping. Enjoys desserts and getting/giving gifts. Although she is responsible, she doesn't easily admit her faults, even if she is in the wrong. Also comically strong, and shorter than the average Meowth. It would be wise not to call her short.

Origin: Today I realized I never named my world She comes from my fic, Broken Reality, which is a PMD-verse.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Name: Totta
Species: Dunsparce
Brief description: Simple pleasures and simple desires; a potato farmer who wants to harvest taters for the good of the village! Was once attacked by gods due to a misunderstanding but that's all spuds under the dirt now.
Origin: The Great Dunsparce Apocalypse
Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else: She probably heard the call and agreed because it meant helping someone out.

cynsh

full-time quilava
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. quilava
Name: Sid
Species: Quilava
Description: Equivalent of a young adult in terms of age. Easily excitable, often reckless, but has a good heart. Regular life is fairly mundane so he's always eager for something to liven it up.
Origin: Fighting Nature!
Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else: Sure, he could have met them. He'd certainly be keen to help out :quag:

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
This looks so fun! Thanks, Del!

Name: Maressa
Species: (MUST be a Pokemon) Horsea
Brief description: Maressa is an ex-Team Aqua grunt, but only joined in the first place because she thought they were trying to help out Water-type Pokemon and save the world. She is generally friendly to people and Pokemon the first time she meets them (though she does wonder how she turned from a human into a Horsea). Can become rude or angry very quickly if she feels insulted. Likes to jump into action and be in the thick of things. Tries to convince herself she has things under her control when they are actually spiraling out of control.
Origin: (Name of your fanfic and the world they inhabit, if relevant. Please feel free to post a link.) Drowning
Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else?: She met the mew. She would never have her Pokemon do something potentially dangerous in her stead.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Name: Jung
Species: Hypno
Brief description: Jung is your trusty local Hypno, and renowned Hypnotherapist in Kalos! His job is to look after the mental wellbeing of his patients and analyse their dreams in the hopes of getting to the root of their problems. He's friendly and calm, but also has to be firm in certain situations since he's dealt with all sorts of prejudice regarding Hypno. He has to keep his emotions suppressed to some extent since he regularly smells other people's dreams and has urges to eat them. He also wears a rusty pendulum on his neck to reassure people that he won't hypnotise them.
Origin: The Inalienable Dreamless - Human world/mainline Pokemon trainerverse.
Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else?: Why, of course, he met the Mew himself. He's always happy to help those in need.

Last edited:

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
As I apparently do not read, I just now realized that I missed the:

"Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else?"

So yes, Minerva met the Mew herself. I would have edited my past post but it felt like making a new one would have been better.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Oh shoot I meant to do this.
Name: Shimmer
Species: Kirlia
Brief description: Looks like a normal Kirlia in every way, though she wears pink hairbands. On the surface she appears vapid and airheaded, and seems like she overly focuses on the object of her affection, a certain bidoof. But she's actually much more smart and cunning than she lets on. After all, it's always best that people underestimate you, right?
Origin: Places We Call Home
Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else?: Met the mew.

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
oh well why not

Name: Shirlee (stage name), Shirley Tanner (real name)
Species: Inkay
Brief description: Singer-songwriter pop sensation. Bubbly on her good side, but not afraid to snap back if mistreated. Can be somewhat of a diva. Does believe in compassion, progressiveness and making the world a better place, though. Secret worries and insecurities about her species and public image.
Origin: Seiren. This world has pokémon live both as citizens among humans and as feral animals, depending on their intelligence level, which is determined by how they are raised. Shirlee is a citizen.
Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else?: Sent by someone else. It's not that she wouldn't want to help, but she has a certain level of reservation when it comes to strangers due to her celebrity status.

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Rob

Raticate

Male

Old/elderly

notes/character synopsis/history:

A balding old rat, he winds his tail around people's arms, mainly a trainer or friend, however the expected, of being lead, is inverse, as once he's bound his tail to someone he will chitter at them for permission then bound ahead with a vigor beyond his years. Before his blinding he was a guild animal and he's in a bit of denial about how he can't be doing that work any more. He has all of the Professor's labs memorized and has hauled people out during wild 'mon rampages and the like, chewing through walls and windows in crisis and shoving people out of harms way. If the younglings would stop squirming he can very much haul them out and about easier, and thank you. (I imagine him in a classic star trek "Bones" voice, gruffly polite with a drawl) To any understanding of 'mon speak in a non crisis guiding/walking situation he's describing the terrain, chatting about steps between land marks, or making casual conversation as he goes on about the funniest vibrations his whiskers pick up.

He will also whine non-stop about the abysmal maintenance team in that "outdoors room" that people keep going too and from. They're mad. The kitchen, (five steps past the last door, smooth linoleum with a divot by his fourth toe, frayed rug marks entrance/exit from the fridge by it's edge,) past lab one are the warmest and the food never runs out. The "outdoors" indoor park has abysmal leaks, pooled water from broken aquariums, and is in need of a serious re haul of the terrain. And they need to do something about the fourish month cold spells and drafts that the Winter idiot keeps letting run amok. And do not get him started about the "great outdoors" indoor park, it's utter false advertising.

He's a wild acrophobia and will become very clingy if he does not encounter a wall, and he will occasionally mistake ground types as a wall and throw a a fit if they keep moving too fast.

He's semi fluent in braille, (he can read, not write) as there's markers set for him in all the rooms he can get to. While he's content as a trainer's 'mon he's been known to get out of the labs, latch onto the semi-wild 'mon, and go on long walks which either the various aides on the lands will intercept and be "walked back" by him as they're "hopelessly lost" or the wild 'mon will decide it's time to head back and he'll go along for the ride.

As for his most recent history, there may also have been that one time where he bit an evil Mewtwo and saved a few people but he doesn't talk about that as it'd been an attempt at intimidation/ teeth gnashing and he missed badly getting the creature's tail and near crunching through it.

Works he's found in: Mentioned in Two paths, and Dodging as a bit character.

Encountering mew in the scene: I can see him taking a few sniffs, because previous line and all... making another few sniffs, then gruffly huffing. "New psychic? Great, now grab this," offers tail "you lot teleport everywhere and feeds due in... well it's due soon so no time like the present to be getting fed."

Before attempting to haul said legendary back with him towards where he remembers the labs being at. Of course said teleportation at speeches end is going to disorient Rob and perhaps place him in the plot... your call of course.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram

Sike Saner

fundead
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. glalie
Name: Zyrzir
Species: Zubat
Brief description: Wild pokémon; has never seen a human in his life. Hails from Shoal Cave. Youngish; roughly the equivalent of a preteen human. A flying bundle of energy and nerves with no sense of personal space. Basically just does not shut up, ever. Has an awfully garbage sense of direction for someone with echolocation.
Origin: Communication; he has precisely one scene (which begins with "Weeks passed before Azvida felt certain enough" and ends when Azvida leads him away). World is an AU cocktail (mostly anime/mainline games-based).
Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else?: Sent. The real deal gets lost enough as it is without being transported off to who knows where!

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Name: Gil
Species: Golett
Brief description:
  • A fairly typical golett in appearance, but with green internal light and a 'wind' symbol for their glyph. They wear a mail courier's cap.
  • They are excessively polite, unfalteringly principled and brave to a fault. Their lexical register is practically a parody of effusive politeness.
  • They have the stalwart hero knob dialled to 11 despite being an underpaid delivery mon.
Origin: Dispatch Deferred and What's Past Is Prologue, both short oneshots with alternating POVs. I haven't named their world yet, but it's a Wild West themed PMD setting. Gil's from 100 years ago, however, so would feel more 'American Revolution' than Wild West.
Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else?: yeah sure, they would volunteer for anything

Last edited:

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Well, since we’re at it, here’s mine.

Name: Peter

Species: 80% Rockruff, 20% Yamper. He’s basically a Rockruff with faint Yamper traits.

Brief description: Peter is an enthusiastic dog who wishes to become the best detective in the world. He has an amazing sense of smell thanks to his parents’ canine genes, but he has the attention span of a Slowbro and gets distracted very easily by random noises or random smells. Also, he is very impulsive and gets himself in trouble more often than not.

Despite this, he is also very brave and determined, and once he really sets himself to do something, he hyper-focuses on that task and doesn’t give up until he has accomplished it. This could also be considered a sign of stubbornness, however.

Lastly, he is very sympathetic by nature and he becomes sad easily if he sees that someone is hurting, going as far as doing anything in his power to cheer everyone up. When he is excited, he usually shouts “Woohoo!”

Origin: “Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Delta Dossiers”. Not going to link it for the time being because I’m planning to revamp it during NaNo, but feel free to ask for details. He is fairly flexible as a character.

Were they the one that met this strange mew, or sent by someone else?: I’m fine either way. Feel free to have him meet Mew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom