• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Dazzling Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"There's... a couple of reasons, actually," she said, looking up at the psychic-type with awe. She'd always been most impressed with psychics. She stood up straighter and put on her best 'confident' face as she continued. "We'd like to ask you for your assistance. Us trainers have been seeking out your fellow mythics in an attempt to join together in an effort to fight back against this... entity that's kidnapping human and pokemon pairs. We feel a confrontation is... not just inevitable, but necessary, and we can't fight it alone. So we're asking anyone we can for their aid when the time comes. And so, we'd like to ask the same of you. You're well known to us for your powerful defensive and healing abilities, and.. that would be a great asset for us."

"We met Celebi already!" Olivia added. "And a lot of others have agreed to help us, too! We all need to support each other. You can count on us, and we hope we can count on you, too!"
"You ask for more than you know," Cresselia said, their voice grave. "It is indeed impressive to have gained the trust of Celebi. She is a wary one. However, before I can make a vow, I must first ask something of you. If you had the choice to leave everything behind and return home now, to your world, would you go?"

Her gaze bore intently into Kimiko, scrutinizing her. There seemed to be an implicit subtext to her question - there would be no lying.

"'These days'... a fitting choice of words," Violet replied with a smirk as she stood up. "Though 'royal' is mayhaps not the most befitting moniker for mineself; I was a lower noble, nothing more."

She heard Hazel clear her throat next to her. Violet nodded her head as she made a slight noise of embarrassment. Her expression turned more serious as she said, "We would like to request your assistance on three fronts of escalating value: information, monitoring, protection." She lowered her head. "I understand if this is much to ask, and we did not come here with the expectation that you would be willing to give it freely or without reservation. We will gladly do as we need to..."
"True royalty lies in spirit, not status," Cresselia said simply. "Though humans over the centuries try to lay claims to title, they can no more truly embody them than they could turn themselves into a mythical pokemon.

...Exactly." She nodded, smiling. "With thine assistance, not only may we be able to keep an eye on this 'entity' via the realm of dreams, but we may also be able to fend it off, if it is something that thou art willing to provide."

Hazel added as she too stood, "We've also met Manaphy and Meloetta, and they've been a great help! Shaymin was even able to nurse Clink back to health." She tugged on her lab coat to get rid of any creases that came from her posture. "We just wanted to know if you'd be willing to help us, and share anything you might know about this 'entity'. Based on current evidence, we suspect that it may be related to the 'Golden One' of legend. And we'd love to help you, too! You can count on us!"
"...I understand we already requesting much of you, but I would also like to ask, if it is not too much trouble... can you see the dreams of those across just this universe, or within the multiverse as a whole?" Her eyes darted to the side as she hesitated. "I-including that of our other selves, or even mine sibling. Forgive me if this is overstepping thine boundaries. That last request is a personal matter and nothing more. The former request is of far greater value."
She glanced between Violet and Hazel. "The Golden King is a myth and I do not put stock in myths. Though it is possible there was truth to the myth, it is also said the king was destroyed. I hesitant to distract myself with such notion, regardless of what some of the others believe.

However, I will ask a question of you as well then, human. If you had to choose between your deepest desire, knowledge of this sibling you speak of, or being separated from your companion forever, what would you choose?"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
"I am grateful for the honour then, walker of dreams," Violet replied, taking a bow. She glanced to Hazel, smiling. It was more than likely a matter of averages; if there were any that had such truly royalty, it would be her friend, Violet thought to herself.

It was a sentiment that wavered as Cresselia posed her next cutting question. "...A cruel one, thou art, to make one choose between their loves..." Violet muttered to herself, looking away with a deep frown. "Is this not a weighted question? One that forces a certain direction of choice, especially given current presence?" She said, letting the unspoken 'with Hazel next to me' sink in.

In spite of her words trying to call out Cresselia's alleged bluff, the turmoil in her heart churned as though they were smooth tires in mud. The wheels of her mind spun in place. Violet had far more years with Azure than Hazel; she was his guardian and guide, and he was her anchor and light in an age of darkness.

Azure was the one who taught her how to balance her comparatively free spirit with appeasement of the nobility to ensure they still had a roof over their heads. Azure was the one that showed her patience and kindness. Azure was the one she was willing to sacrifice her want for freedom in order to make happy. The two together had even endured the day that crimson hell descended upon the lands. Even so...

"You can't force someone to choose like that!" Hazel screeched, standing in front of her trainer as she splayed her arms out to protect her. "Family or friend, they're both people you love! It doesn't matter if it's blood or not, she's doing everything she can to make sure we're both safe and well! Isn't that enough for you?!" Hazel's breathing was hastened as her eyes welled up. She kept thinking if she were asked that same question about choosing between Violet and her father... It just wasn't right! And she going to do everything she could to make sure Violet was protected, mythical be damned!

Violet felt her heart skip a beat as she took a step back in surprise at Hazel's reaction. While the human could not understand her words, the intent was clear: her Pokémon — her friend — despite having only known her for a year and a half, despite having no relative tie or obligation to her, despite how much they clashed — was standing up to a demigod and willing to lay down her life all for her sake.

The human side-stepped the Weavile as she placed a firm yet gentle hand atop her head. "Thank you, Hazel," she said, her eyes watering as she looked down at her partner. Violet leaned down and wrapped both arms around her companion as she hoisted her up. She kept Hazel at her side, clutching her tightly so that she can turn around and safeguard her at a moment's notice.

Violet's determined gaze turned back to challenge Cresselia as her expression steeled stern. No words were spoken, but the answer was clear. She was not going to give up on either them, not a chance. Come hell or high water, she would ensure that both of them would be safe and well.

But right then, there in that moment, Hazel was the one in danger, and Violet would rather die a thousand deaths over before she would sacrifice her friend.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
If you had the choice to leave everything behind and return home now, to your world, would you go?"

Her gaze bore intently into Kimiko, scrutinizing her. There seemed to be an implicit subtext to her question - there would be no lying.
“There’s nothing I’d want more right now than to be back home,” Kimiko replied immediately. “And if you were able, here and now, to drop a portal in front of me… I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t consider it.”

Olivia looked up at her curiously, but she needn’t have worried. Her trainer wasn’t showing the usual signs of anxiety or panic, but rather determination.

She thought of everyone she’d met so far; Wes and his eevees, Coleane and Gen, Ayumi, Steven… and she’d formed a pretty strong friendship with Odette. She took a deep breath and frowned at Cresselia before continuing. “But… no, I wouldn’t. Not… not right away. I’ve made friends here. We both have,” she said, kneeling down to scratch her espeon behind the ears. And then, she turned to Violet and Hazel nearby. “We all have.

She turned back to Cresselia and stood up straight. “I couldn’t just walk out on them now and leave them all here to deal with this thing while I get to just cheat fate and leave. That’s not what friends do. I’ve been doing my part to help fight back against whatever this is, and I’m going to keep doing that until we either defeat it or it takes me.”

With or without your help!” Olivia added. Kimiko watched her take a couple steps back, as though she’d said something she was worried might anger the Pokémon before them.

The she listened as Violet answered her own question, and Kimiko was upset for her. Not that she didn’t understand deeply that kind of miserable choice, but… “That’s hardly a fair question to ask someone on the spot like that!” She she snapped at Crssselia. She too, like Olivia, flinched back at her own words, but she kept speaking anyway. “A choice like that isn’t something anyone should have to think about. At least, not unless they’re actually in that position! It’s different when it’s in the moment and you have to make a quick decision, but asking someone to stand and pick and choose who they love more is just… cruel.”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"I am grateful for the honour then, walker of dreams," Violet replied, taking a bow. She glanced to Hazel, smiling. It was more than likely a matter of averages; if there were any that had such truly royalty, it would be her friend, Violet thought to herself.

It was a sentiment that wavered as Cresselia posed her next cutting question. "...A cruel one, thou art, to make one choose between their loves..." Violet muttered to herself, looking away with a deep frown. "Is this not a weighted question? One that forces a certain direction of choice, especially given current presence?" She said, letting the unspoken 'with Hazel next to me' sink in.
"You can't force someone to choose like that!" Hazel screeched, standing in front of her trainer as she splayed her arms out to protect her. "Family or friend, they're both people you love! It doesn't matter if it's blood or not, she's doing everything she can to make sure we're both safe and well! Isn't that enough for you?!
“There’s nothing I’d want more right now than to be back home,” Kimiko replied immediately. “And if you were able, here and now, to drop a portal in front of me… I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t consider it.”

Olivia looked up at her curiously, but she needn’t have worried. Her trainer wasn’t showing the usual signs of anxiety or panic, but rather determination.

She thought of everyone she’d met so far; Wes and his eevees, Coleane and Gen, Ayumi, Steven… and she’d formed a pretty strong friendship with Odette. She took a deep breath and frowned at Cresselia before continuing. “But… no, I wouldn’t. Not… not right away. I’ve made friends here. We both have,” she said, kneeling down to scratch her espeon behind the ears. And then, she turned to Violet and Hazel nearby. “We all have.

She turned back to Cresselia and stood up straight. “I couldn’t just walk out on them now and leave them all here to deal with this thing while I get to just cheat fate and leave. That’s not what friends do. I’ve been doing my part to help fight back against whatever this is, and I’m going to keep doing that until we either defeat it or it takes me.”

With or without your help!” Olivia added. Kimiko watched her take a couple steps back, as though she’d said something she was worried might anger the Pokémon before them.

The she listened as Violet answered her own question, and Kimiko was upset for her. Not that she didn’t understand deeply that kind of miserable choice, but… “That’s hardly a fair question to ask someone on the spot like that!” She she snapped at Crssselia. She too, like Olivia, flinched back at her own words, but she kept speaking anyway. “A choice like that isn’t something anyone should have to think about. At least, not unless they’re actually in that position! It’s different when it’s in the moment and you have to make a quick decision, but asking someone to stand and pick and choose who they love more is just… cruel.”

Cresselia listened, first to Violet, then Hazel. For a brief moment, there seemed to be shock in her eyes as Hazel made her declarations. Still, she remained silent, face unreadable as she listened in turn to each trainer and their pokemon. "I will not deny these are cruel questions," she said softly with a dip of her head. "But often the world we live in is cruel. And truly, you are correct. It is impossible, perhaps heartless even, to contemplate the lives of those you love, weigh them on a cosmic scale..." She let her words hang gravely. "One should never have to think about such a thing."

"But I needed to see where your convictions would lie. Not what answer you gave, but how you chose to give it. That reveals ones deepest intentions and desire. And yours are pure. When faced with the impossible your first thought was for your friends and for those you love, not making the simplest or most logical choice. And you were willing to speak honestly your minds, even when conversing with a mythical pokemon. You truly possess noble spirits."

Seemingly satisfied, Cresselia reached to her downy body, delicately removing a single glowing feather. She held it out to Violet. "Take this feather. I have already been doing what I can to watch over the trainers here, but should you need me in battle, hold that feather and call my name. I will come to your aid. I suspect dark times lie ahead, no matter who is responsible. Watch out for your friends."

She turned to Hazel and Violet, drifting over to speak to her eye to eye. "As for your earlier question.... no, I cannot see into the dreams of a multiverse, but I can see ones own dreams, if you possess a strong connection to someone else. Or if, as you say, you have another self. Only glimpses, but perhaps I can be of some aid regardless."

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
The she listened as Violet answered her own question, and Kimiko was upset for her. Not that she didn’t understand deeply that kind of miserable choice, but… “That’s hardly a fair question to ask someone on the spot like that!” She she snapped at Cresselia. She too, like Olivia, flinched back at her own words, but she kept speaking anyway. “A choice like that isn’t something anyone should have to think about. At least, not unless they’re actually in that position! It’s different when it’s in the moment and you have to make a quick decision, but asking someone to stand and pick and choose who they love more is just… cruel.”
Hazel smiled as Kimiko and Olivia spoke up for her trainer, while Violet stared in shock and flattery. They hardly even knew each other, and yet they were all standing up for her...?
She let her words hang gravely. "One should never have to think about such a thing."
Cresselia's words snapped the girl out of her stupor as she listened carefully. "...Is that spoken from experience?" She asked in a low voice as her expression remained serious.
Seemingly satisfied, Cresselia reached to her downy body, delicately removing a single glowing feather. She held it out to Violet. "Take this feather. I have already been doing what I can to watch over the trainers here, but should you need me in battle, hold that feather and call my name. I will come to your aid. I suspect dark times lie ahead, no matter who is responsible. Watch out for your friends."
Violet blinked as she stared at the feather in awe, reaching out before retracting her hand. She shook her head as she said, "I fail to see how the one who said nought a word would be deserving of this." Instead, she lightly shoved the feather towards Hazel. "It is you that hath shown the true bravery here; you and our other two companions."

Hazel clutched onto the feather, but her eyebrows raised in concern for her trainer. The girl couldn't be blamed for hesitating on a question like that, and the fact that she was being held was proved that she still cared.

Violet nodded her head. "I will watch out for them dutifully. Thank you for thine kindness, Hazel and Cresselia." It was the least she could do.
She turned to Hazel and Violet, drifting over to speak to her eye to eye. "As for your earlier question.... no, I cannot see into the dreams of a multiverse, but I can see ones own dreams, if you possess a strong connection to someone else. Or if, as you say, you have another self. Only glimpses, but perhaps I can be of some aid regardless."
Were her hands not full of fuzz, Violet would have held onto her shoulder in indecision. "I... I believe it would be a more valuable use of everyone's time if we were to inform them of the news, first." She turned her head to Hazel, "Would you be willing to do the honour?"

Hazel's worry for her trainer was written all over her face, but she knew that the girl needed some time. She nodded her head and got to work on texting the group.

Violet turned to Kimiko and Olivia. "Royal spirits, huh?" She said, putting on a smirking face despite her wavering lips and raised brows. "Well-deserved, I'd say, considering those impassioned speeches. I thank thee with all mine heart." She bowed her head down. "If there is anything I may do to further assist... please do not hesitate to ask."

She faced Cresselia once and more and lowered her head again. "To you as well, dream walker; I am grateful for the assistance you have given us here and the promise you have provided. I shall see to it that it is not one used in vain."

Raising her head, Violet addressed the dangling question. "If it is something you are willing and able to do, then I would be foolish not to ask." She let out a hollow chuckle. "Even so, right now our focus is on the threat that is impacting everyone else, is it not? A personal matter such as this... is not meaningful at this time. I apologize for bringing it up."

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Well... the encounter hadn't gone the way she'd envisioned, but it didn't matter. Cresselia agreed to help them in the end - and apparently already had been, after all. Kimiko had expected some sort of test, and she hated how she knew she'd be tempted by a quick trip home, but she had also known she wouldn't abandon her new friends... or those who had already been taken.

What she hadn't expected was for Cresselia's question to Violet to strike her nerves, too. She'd almost had to make that choice once before... before Lucy came to her rescue. She knew how it felt to be in that position. It was hard enough to be in the moment, trying to make an impossible choice. She wouldn't wish that on her worst enemy; no one deserved that.

But the moment passed, and Cresselia had been satisfied. Still, she couldn't help but feeling a hint of frustration with the mythic. Olivia felt the same, if the way her ears lay flat against her head were any indication. But they succeeded. Again. She had to focus on that, on the positives. They'd gotten another mythic on their side...

...And now it seemed like attention was shifting to other matters, as Hazel set about texting the group chat confirmation of their success. This must be related to what Violet had wanted to see Cresselia for. Something to do with the multiverse and copies of yourself?

Violet turned to Kimiko and Olivia. "Royal spirits, huh?" She said, putting on a smirking face despite her wavering lips and raised brows. "Well-deserved, I'd say, considering those impassioned speeches. I thank thee with all mine heart." She bowed her head down. "If there is anything I may do to further assist... please do not hesitate to ask."

Kimiko smiled back at her companion. "If there is any royal heritage between us, I would have guessed it was yours. Either way, it's my honor," she said with a small bow of her own. "We're all in this together, yeah? The only way we'll get out of it is supporting each other. So you can count on Olivia and me, too."

She faced Cresselia once and more and lowered her head again. "To you as well, dream walker; I am grateful for the assistance you have given us here and the promise you have provided. I shall see to it that it is not one used in vain."

She, too, turned back to Cresselia, and fought the urge to sigh. It wasn't like Cresselia was actually making them choose between their loves ones, and she likely didn't realize how close to home her question had been, anyway... And regardless, she did still agree to assist when the time came. "We thank you, too," she said, performing another bow; Olivia finally relaxed and nodded along. "For your aid, past and future."

Raising her head, Violet addressed the dangling question. "If it is something you are willing and able to do, then I would be foolish not to ask." She let out a hollow chuckle. "Even so, right now our focus is on the threat that is impacting everyone else, is it not? A personal matter such as this... is not meaningful at this time. I apologize for bringing it up."

"Hey, hold on now," Kimiko interrupted, clasping her hands behind her back. "This was really why you wanted to meet Cresselia, isn't it? We have a little time yet, and this... seems very important to you. Go ahead and seek your answers. Olivia and I will stay and keep watch for any threats until you're ready to go, alright?"

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Kimiko smiled back at her companion. "If there is any royal heritage between us, I would have guessed it was yours. Either way, it's my honor," she said with a small bow of her own. "We're all in this together, yeah? The only way we'll get out of it is supporting each other. So you can count on Olivia and me, too."

"Hey, hold on now," Kimiko interrupted, clasping her hands behind her back. "This was really why you wanted to meet Cresselia, isn't it? We have a little time yet, and this... seems very important to you. Go ahead and seek your answers. Olivia and I will stay and keep watch for any threats until you're ready to go, alright?"
"Flattery will get you everywhere," Violet quipped, delivering a light smirk with her comment before frowning. "But looks can be deceiving, I'm afraid. Most of those who were simply born into a 'royal' title have not right to deserve an inch of it..." Mineself included. She added to herself in thought, yet the guilty expression on her face spoke against the silence.

"Nonetheless, I appreciate it," she said, nodding. "I will do what I can hasten my requests. Do not feel obliged to stay if it shall be an obstacle to the plan. And most importantly," she lifted Hazel, "Ensure her safety, please. Should a threat arise, I'll distract whatever might come long enough to buy time for you three time to escape."

Hazel's eyes bulged out her head as she struggled against Violet's hold. "Hey, hey, no! Don't say stuff like that! What about you?!" She tried to turn to face Violet, but could only manage a side glance from her angle. "I'm not gonna leave you behind if something happens! Why would you even think that?"

Violet brought Hazel in closer for a hug, squeezing her before setting her on the ground, saying nothing. Hazel's fears flared up as she looked at her trainer pleadingly, "Vi! Please... What's wrong...?"

Her trainer only had a wistful smile and head feather ruffle in response. It was fitting for a coward such as herself. One that couldn't even find her missing sibling on the darkest day. One who couldn't even speak up to the mythical to save her friend.

Turning to Cresselia, she said, "If thou art willing to indulge in a bit of time, please put me to sleep, then. I simply wish to learn what I can regarding these 'connections', but only if the safety of my partner can be assured in that time spent. Mayhaps through it, I may find one who hath learnt better than I." She lowered her head.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
"Flattery will get you everywhere," Violet quipped, delivering a light smirk with her comment before frowning. "But looks can be deceiving, I'm afraid. Most of those who were simply born into a 'royal' title have not right to deserve an inch of it..." Mineself included. She added to herself in thought, yet the guilty expression on her face spoke against the silence.

Kimiko almost replied with how true she felt that statement to be, but something in both Violet's tone and her expression gave her pause. Between those, she wondered if there was something more to that statement, something personal, that Violet was insinuating. "Well, that may be true more often than not, but there's always an exception," she said with a small, friendly smile. Violet didn't appear comfortable with the subject, though, so she didn't press for more.

"Nonetheless, I appreciate it," she said, nodding. "I will do what I can hasten my requests. Do not feel obliged to stay if it shall be an obstacle to the plan. And most importantly," she lifted Hazel, "Ensure her safety, please. Should a threat arise, I'll distract whatever might come long enough to buy time for you three time to escape."

Olivia trilled at Violet, a soft, sad sound, and looked up at the other girl with wide eyes. Meanwhile, Kimiko shook her head. "Perhaps you didn't hear my answer for the question Cresselia posed to me? I promise I'll do whatever I can to keep Hazel safe, should it become necessary. But I have no intention of leaving you behind, either. We're all in the same boat; just some vacationers caught in a bad situation. You're no less important than anyone else." She cast a quick glance down at her espeon, who still looked concerned. "Olivia's been keeping a lookout for any unexpected visitors for me for the last week. She'll alert me if anything's coming. We'll be prepared."

She would not voice her doubts about that statement; after all, both Steven and Wallace, two champions, hadn't stood a chance against whatever their foe was capable of. She had no delusions that she and Olivia alone could fend them off, or even with Cresselia's aid. But should something actually happen, she wasn't about to run away and leave Violet to succumb to the attacker alone. She could only hope that determination showed on her face.

Turning to Cresselia, she said, "If thou art willing to indulge in a bit of time, please put me to sleep, then. I simply wish to learn what I can regarding these 'connections', but only if the safety of my partner can be assured in that time spent. Mayhaps through it, I may find one who hath learnt better than I." She lowered her head.

She, too, turned back to the mythic still in their company. "If necessary, I'll defend them both, and you as well. You have my word on that."

"Espii!" Olivia added, sitting patiently now with her head held high, as if trying to show she were already watching the area.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Cresselia's words snapped the girl out of her stupor as she listened carefully. "...Is that spoken from experience?" She asked in a low voice as her expression remained serious.
"With time, comes many experiences," Cresselia said simply.

"I trust you will use this well," she said, offering a smile as she gazed kindly at her.

She, too, turned back to the mythic still in their company. "If necessary, I'll defend them both, and you as well. You have my word on that."

"Espii!" Olivia added, sitting patiently now with her head held high, as if trying to show she were already watching the area.
"Very well. It would be my pleasure to assist any good trainer." She drifted towards Violet, and touched the tip of her snout to her head. A peaceful drowsiness would fall over her, and in just a few moments, she would find herself drifting off, her eyes slipping shut off their own accord...

Sometime later, perhaps only moments, she would open them to see Cresselia hovering before her, though now the landscape had changed. Soft pinks purples, oranges and blues mixed with pale clouds as Violet hovered in place. "This is the dream realm," Cresselia said, her voice echoing in Violet's mind. All around, wooloo and mareep danced through the clouds... Perhaps counting sheep held some truth? Far in the distance, there seemed to be a shadow, one that almost appeared like a weavile...

"Everything here is either tied to you or a reflection of your memories. Here, you may be able to find the answers you seek, if you focus on them."

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Olivia trilled at Violet, a soft, sad sound, and looked up at the other girl with wide eyes. Meanwhile, Kimiko shook her head. "Perhaps you didn't hear my answer for the question Cresselia posed to me? I promise I'll do whatever I can to keep Hazel safe, should it become necessary. But I have no intention of leaving you behind, either. We're all in the same boat; just some vacationers caught in a bad situation. You're no less important than anyone else." She cast a quick glance down at her espeon, who still looked concerned. "Olivia's been keeping a lookout for any unexpected visitors for me for the last week. She'll alert me if anything's coming. We'll be prepared."
"Thank you," Violet replied, nodding, "I shall see to it that thou hath kept to thine promise, then," she said, giving a smirk that seemed half out of her usual facade and half out of genuine gratitude.
Sometime later, perhaps only moments, she would open them to see Cresselia hovering before her, though now the landscape had changed. Soft pinks purples, oranges and blues mixed with pale clouds as Violet hovered in place. "This is the dream realm," Cresselia said, her voice echoing in Violet's mind. All around, wooloo and mareep danced through the clouds... Perhaps counting sheep held some truth? Far in the distance, there seemed to be a shadow, one that almost appeared like a weavile...

"Everything here is either tied to you or a reflection of your memories. Here, you may be able to find the answers you seek, if you focus on them."
"Thank you again, Cresselia," Violet said, as she blinked a few times to get used to her new surroundings. She stared at the sights in awe — the various hues and gradients blending into what could only be described as a moving painting that held a flighty, weightlessness to its motion. Even her own locomotion felt effortless, as though it were something to simply happen rather than be willed so.

Nonetheless, the shadow ahead had called to her. She stared at the shape of the Weavile and concentrated as she recalled the memories that were shared with her during the swap — from the time her other self was given Gen's dagger shard to the time where she got him in touch with a potion-making Mismagius to help him temporarily return to humanity, to even when she botched her confession to Lillie.

However, those were merely surface retreads. There was something more she wanted out of it — an answer to a question that her present self had little idea of, yet felt as though her counterpart might have an inkling of. It didn't even have to be something from their memories, but a connection, a loose string, something to tug on that could awaken and enlighten her on the one person she always sought to be protect alongside Hazel: her sibling, Azure. Where was he? Could she find an answer in these scattered dreams there felt like far-off memories?

She wasn't sure, but she was going to try.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The deeper into the dream Violet floated, the more the landscape changed. The clouds dimmed, and the skies began to shift, first from pastel pinks and purples to deeper purples, darker... darker. Reds began to worm into the air and Cresselia tensed as she followed Violet. Scarlet lightning crackled through the air. Overhead, the clouds seemed to be moving, shifting and swirling ominously. Visions of Violet's past flickered in between the clouds, fading as quickly as they appeared.

CRACK!

Thunder seemed to shake the dream itself. And then, somewhere far in the distance, the terrified bleat of a wooloo. And the closer to the sound Violet went, the visions began to change, not just her now, but a boy... her brother-?

A violent screech sounded and far overhead a massive serpentine shape loomed...

"A dream spectre," Cresselia said softly. "Pay it no mind," she awarned.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
The deeper into the dream Violet floated, the more the landscape changed. The clouds dimmed, and the skies began to shift, first from pastel pinks and purples to deeper purples, darker... darker. Reds began to worm into the air and Cresselia tensed as she followed Violet. Scarlet lightning crackled through the air. Overhead, the clouds seemed to be moving, shifting and swirling ominously. Visions of Violet's past flickered in between the clouds, fading as quickly as they appeared.
Everything was becoming far too familiar to her. It was... that day, wasn't it? The day that she lost her sibling — her brother, she corrected herself. But why would the dream take her there of all places? Wouldn't he be somewhere else in the multi-verse, having his own adventure, doing his own thing? Unless... she really did "lose" him that day. No. No, it couldn't be; he couldn't be dead, that wasn't possible. He was alive. He had to be. Why else would she be transported and not him? After all, in the end, they both had—
CRACK!

Thunder seemed to shake the dream itself. And then, somewhere far in the distance, the terrified bleat of a wooloo. And the closer to the sound Violet went, the visions began to change, not just her now, but a boy... her brother-?
Violet gasped as the thunder stirred her from her thoughts. Her mind latched onto the first thing it could: Wooloo. Wooloo was his favorite Pokémon. He loved frolicking in the fields with them and tending to their wool on fields. He loved giving them nice pets and laying in their fluff after a long summer's day.

That was the key, wasn't it? If she focused on them, focused on what he loved, she could see him again. He was right there, he was in sight, she just needed to—
A violent screech sounded and far overhead a massive serpentine shape loomed...

"A dream spectre," Cresselia said softly. "Pay it no mind," she warned.
"NO!!!"

Violet clutched her head as she heard the screech that terrified her to her core. It was ungodly, unholy — utterly and unimaginably ugly. It was as though devils had crawled into her ears and began striking with their pikes. Pay it no mind? Pay it no mind?! Was Cresselia out of her mind?!

However, all of the demons cowered as a sinister soft giggle had wormed its way through. Violet's eyes shot out of her head as she slowly turned her head in recognition of that voice. There, she saw it once more — the shadow of that witch. The one whose body type now that she got a closer looked resembled that of Meloetta's. However, there was no doubt that this was someone completely different, and had no relation to the events of the island. This was something entirely of her own experience.

It was there that she recognized the two figures that laid at the witch's feet: the shadow of her brother once more, and... herself. It was there, then, that she gasped. She reached out as far as she could and swam towards the distant memory — yelling and trying to grapple onto it hoping with all desperation that she could morph it or tear it apart entirely. She wanted anything but to see it happen in front of here again.

No matter what, it remained just out of reach, and if anything, expanded into view the more Violet tried to trudge through its muddiness. She was forced to watch: to witness her shadow self as she got up and ran. Ran as far away as she could from the witch. The memory of her past self crying as she fled in fear... leaving behind her brother.

The real Violet halted in her effort, sinking her arms in front of herself as she stared in utter defeat. Her eyes shook and lips quivered as her chest felt like it was going to burst. She had watched her greatest mistake unfold before her again. She abandoned Azure. She left him for dead against someone that would eventually catch up to her — a Pokémon that was powerful enough to send her to the future... or another world, in the case of her other self.

Even so, Cresselia could see through the detailing of the shadows that Violet's past self had not simply absconded, but had been actively pulling on her brother and even trying to lift him onto her shoulders to get him away. None of it worked. It was though his body had became as heavy as a Snorlax. Moreover, it almost seemed as if the shadow had been snapping around, as if he were being scattered in all sorts of places at once.

Violet saw none of this; she was too devastated by her own past self's act of getting away.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Violet!" Cresselia tried to call a warning, but it was too late. Violet was drawn in by her memories, lost in them. Cresselia could only watch as the scene unfolded before her, a terrible vision of the past -

Somewhere above, the serpent gave another chilling cry. Anger flickered in Cresselia. Something was wrong. A shadow hung over the dream, poisoning Violet's memories. Cresselia surged forward, burning a luminescent streak through the shadowy skies. "Violet! Violet you must not give in. Look, look past the shadows. Your memory is lying to you. It's not real."

A veil of shadows muffled Cresselia's voice and masked Violet from view.

In the vision, Violet was running, running far away, her brother's cries growing fainter. And then suddenly, clear as day, the shadowy witch-like Meloetta loomed over Azure, the shadows tearing, ripping at his essence, his very soul, scattering him even as her shadows stretched, surrounding vision Violet and pooling around the real Violet. They oozed around her, creeping up her legs, then her arms, wrapping around her body, her neck-

Brilliant light pierced through the hazy mess of visions and memory, searing the shadows away from Violet and burning away the darkness and scarlet clouds. The moon shone brightly overhead, and under its light the atmosphere returned to its cheery pastels and fluffy clouds. Cresselia floated gently down next to Violet, pressing herself against her. "Peace, Violet, you are safe now. Let us go, I believe you have seen enough."

The landscape shifted and rippled like water, then faded away, until they were once again on the island in the forest, safe - or at least, safe as one could be.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
In the suffocating darkness that enveloped her being as it clutched from her toes to her neck, Violet believed she had gained her answer. The answer she had ran away from for so long: she had killed her brother. She had abandoned him with someone whose power she feared, then became ensnared in their spell herself. It was unlikely there was anything left of him in that sea of murkiness. She had suppressed it to run from it. To escape it. But seeing it now resurface, it unveiled what was her true nature: a coward. One that when faced with adversary would flee at the first sign of true danger.

Her false bravery was merely over-compensation, her posturing was nothing but hot air, and her promises were inflated beyond her reach. She knew she had been putting on airs to some extent, but seeing what was in the nightmare... she now concluded that it was a way to hide herself — to pretend to be something she could never be — in hopes of deceiving herself that she could not have done what she had. But the truth was plain in the smoky sight.

Violet sat in pure silence as the light from her eyes dimmed and her stance went limp. She made no resistance when Cresselia had finally pulled out her out of the nightmare. She accepted what she saw as truth, no matter how damning or improbable it was — not once questioning if it was merely deception or illusion.
Brilliant light pierced through the hazy mess of visions and memory, searing the shadows away from Violet and burning away the darkness and scarlet clouds. The moon shone brightly overhead, and under its light the atmosphere returned to its cheery pastels and fluffy clouds. Cresselia floated gently down next to Violet, pressing herself against her. "Peace, Violet, you are safe now. Let us go, I believe you have seen enough."

The landscape shifted and rippled like water, then faded away, until they were once again on the island in the forest, safe - or at least, safe as one could be.
When Violet woke up, she gasped as she felt herself inhale air once more. The clear blue sky glistening above felt almost like a heaven to her as the crimson in her vision had been taken away. The sight of the beautiful mythical Pokémon in front of her and the companionship that Kimiko and Olivia had to the side were like angels that had come to check in on a new visitor.

And Hazel is that visitor, Violet thought to herself as she looked down at her partner with a smile that spoke of finality.

She picked up the Weavile and placed her in that lap, scratching her underneath her chin as the light had shone back in the girl's eyes. That was right. There was still something she had to do. There was still someone worth saving. And this time, she would make sure to stay by her side, always. If she was to be damned for her past, so be it; she would do everything she could in the present time she had been gifted to save at least one person's life.

"Violet... are you okay...?" Hazel asked, trying to resist being enchanted by the scritches to voice her concern.

Violet didn't need to understand the words to get the intent. She stopped her scratches and fully wrapped her arms around the Weavile, hugging her tightly. "I am glad you are still here, Hazel," she said, her voice more hollow than normal yet coupled with a determination that rose from within its pit, "I am sorry for worrying you... and I promise I won't leave you behind."

Hazel returned the hug, but her pensive gaze did not disappear. "What happened in there, Vi...?" She asked, clutching her trainer. Whenever they snuggled together, the girl's heartbeat was always so soft, so tender — a comforting lullaby that would help the cat-weasel sleep. But when Hazel leaned in to listen, something about the cadence of it was off. The beats felt heavier, as though it took more effort to make happen, yet the beats were also a smidgen more frequent as well.

"We shall speak of the experience later, when this all over, alright?" Violet replied, bringing Hazel in even more tightly. "And... I thank thee—sorry, thank you, Hazel."

She let the moment sit in silence before turning to the others. "I thank each of you, for your support and guidance. I... understand now, I believe," she paused, taking a deep breath, "What must be done in the now, what must be done in the days to come, and... why it is must be so." I will accept any punishment that may come from the cosmic forces above, but not before I hath done all that I could to save those I can.

Violet gently let go of the hug before picking up her companion and placing her by her side. Getting up onto her shaky feet, Violet took a bow. "We ought to 'get going', as they say now. The others are waiting, no?" She declared. Her smile was gone, but her eyes remained filled with passion.

Last edited:

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
They sat in silence after Cresselia put Violet into a deep slumber. Cresselia herself had also gone still, as though she had fallen asleep, too.. Kimiko assumed she was with Violet in her dream.

Hazel had all but refused to leave her friend's side, only ever taking her eyes off the girl once in surprise, as Olivia trotted over and sat down beside her. The silence remained.

The sky was annoyingly clear today; it didn't feel appropriate given the group's evening plans. Still, though, it was refreshing. Warm sun in the late morning, a pleasant breeze... it was somewhat odd that there were no sounds of any kind. Not like there were any cars or planes or anything on the island, at least not as far as Kimiko knew... but where were the birds? Were the wild pokemon just as on edge as the trainers?

The silence was also a blessing, however, in that it meant they weren't about to be attacked. And that remained true until, finally, Violet began to stir. The girl immediately reached for the weavile at her side, and Olivia retreated back to her trainer to give them some space.

She let the moment sit in silence before turning to the others. "I thank each of you, for your support and guidance. I... understand now, I believe," she paused, taking a deep breath, "What must be done in the now, what must be done in the days to come, and... why it is must be so." I will accept any punishment that may come from the cosmic forces above, but not before I hath done all that I could to save those I can.

Violet gently let go of the hug before picking up her companion and placing her by her side. Getting up onto her shaky feet, Violet took a bow. "We ought to 'get going', as they say now. The others are waiting, no?" She declared. Her smile was gone, but her eyes remained filled with passion.

So, that was it, then. She'd found the answers she was looking for, killing Kimiko's question before she asked it. "I'm glad you found what you were looking for," she said, holding out a hand to help the other girl to her feet.

She spun to face Cresselia one last time. "Thank you again, for all of this. We'll probably be seeing you again relatively soon. I think something is going to happen, something big. It's just a feeling, but..." She shook her head, letting the thought hang in the air. "Anyway, thank you."

Then, with Violet and Hazel in tow, she turned and followed Olivia back towards civilization. A quick look towards the sky told her it was barely noon, if that. Not that she expected the encounter to last all day, but suddenly she realized she had more time than she'd expected before the break-in. Maybe she could find some other way to be useful to it, then...

*****​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom