• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Dazzling Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
A powerful jet of water blasted form somewhere, flying inches away from Nate's head and striking a tree behind him. Clearly a miss on purpose. The next jet shot through the air, straight for Nine. At the same moment, a shape seemingly emerged in the middle of the lake, melting out of the shining water, skating across the water as seemlessly as if it were ice. Whatever it was, moved like a blur, nearly impossible to track with the naked eye, the only part visible a flash of reds and blues. It cleared a circle around the lake in a less than a few seconds before sweeping past Nate and Jade, sending a splash of water at both of them before dancing to a stop at the lakes edge, just in front of them.

Now that it had stopped, its form could be seen properly. It looked like some kind of small pony, almost comedically so perhaps, except for the display it had just shown. It had cream fur, a bushy red mane and a tail the color of the water. It shook its mane and leveled a its gaze upon the trainers and their mon, its expression partway beween a glare and a once over.

"Bold words, human." He spoke first to Nate, his voice direct, challenging almost. "To presume to know of the mythical pokemon." There was an edge to his voice, mixed with something else... frustration, perhaps? Defensiveness? It was hard to tell with its guarded tone.

His gaze turned upon Nine and he narrowed his eyes. "And you... child of lightning incarnate.You and your trainer... I sense something strange in your soul. Who are you?"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Jade froze when the first jet of water shot right past Mitch's head--slowly, wordlessly sliding her eyes toward him. Then Keldeo spoke, and her brain sort of restarted, and she remembered what they'd come here to do.

No big deal, just facing a legend. She could do this. She'd done this. No big deal.

Her heart was still pounding.

"We need your help," Jade said, forcing herself to look directly at Keldeo. "We need the power of the legends if we're going to beat whoever's taking people."

Nine faced the legend head-on, tail held high. "*I was born of Zapdos's essence. I don't know what I'm meant to do with my power, but... I'll do whatever it takes to find out.*" Sparks leapt from his feathers.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Of course Nate flinched when the hydro pump nearly took his head off, but he recovered a moment later. So maybe calling out the keldeo hadn't been his brightest idea ever. But it had worked, hadn't it? Nate crossed his arms and feigned disinterest, like he nearly got decapitated every day. Which it kind of did feel like, lately.

From the corner of his eye he kept an eye on the girl with her weird pikachu. Something strange in the little guy's soul, eh? He was more than a little curious what the two of them could do.

Mightyena slunk up beside him, alternately growling at the keldeo and shooting reproachful looks at Nate. He patted her side without taking his eyes off the legend. "You can take a break. I got this one." She didn't stop glaring at him, but at least she didn't try and put herself between him and the keldeo, either.

"Dunno about mythical pokémon, but I sure know a wuss-ass when I see one. Like the kid says, some real evil shit going on around here, and it seems like ain't nobody but the legends can stop it. You gonna help, or are you gonna keep cooling your heels in the middle of your fucking lake?"

Mightyena's ears and tail rose when she heard the pikachu's boast. Zapdos! She knew that name. And the way he said everything made it sound so cool. She needed to come up with her own intro like that.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"We need your help," Jade said, forcing herself to look directly at Keldeo. "We need the power of the legends if we're going to beat whoever's taking people."

Nine faced the legend head-on, tail held high. "*I was born of Zapdos's essence. I don't know what I'm meant to do with my power, but... I'll do whatever it takes to find out.*" Sparks leapt from his feathers.
"Dunno about mythical pokémon, but I sure know a wuss-ass when I see one. Like the kid says, some real evil shit going on around here, and it seems like ain't nobody but the legends can stop it. You gonna help, or are you gonna keep cooling your heels in the middle of your fucking lake?"

Keldeo regarded to the group of them carefully, giving Nate a particularly disdainful glare. He picked his way across the water and onto shore, standing before Nate, snout just inches from Nate's face. "Jirachi saved your life, at the expense of some of her own energy. Shaymin gave her own power to heal Clink from his poison. Manaphy nearly gave his life to protect one of you humans. Latios and Latias are fighting, risking their own safety because of reckless trainers running off on their own."

Keldeo stamped a hoof on the ground and snorted. "Do not dare to speak as if we are not fighting too." Despite the anger seeping into his tone, there seemed to be the slightest sense of desperation behind it as well. He turned to gaze upon Nine and Jade. "I will always fight evil. But why should I fight beside you?" he challenged. "You speak boldly now-" he shot a glare towards Nate, "but would you sacrifice your life in battle for your beliefs, as you could very well be asking us to do? Do not forget this threat nearly took one of our own already. Tell me why I should fight alongside your kind."

Without warning, Keldeo whirled upon Mightyena and reared up slamming his hooves into the ground before her - a harmless display, but perhaps an intimidating one. Despite his sharp tone, there seemed to be a sympathy in his eyes for her. "Do you trust your trainer with your life?" He spun towards Nine. "Is your trainer loyal, or do they cower in the face of fear and run?"

The water behind Keldeo seemed to ripple unnaturally, drawing up the shore and pooling around Keldeo's hooves.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
"I will always fight evil. But why should I fight beside you?" he challenged. "You speak boldly now, but would you sacrifice your life in battle for your beliefs, as you could very well be asking us to do? Do not forget this threat nearly took one of our own already. Tell me why I should fight alongside your kind."
Jade took a step backward, eyes wide. She opened her mouth to speak, but the words caught in her throat. Keldeo's statement sent her mind ringing back to that fateful day underneath the Whirl Islands.

'Would you sacrifice your life in battle for your beliefs?'

Jade clenched her fists, steeling herself. "I've already risked my life. And I'm going to keep fighting, whether it's back home, or here." Her voice grew stronger with each word. "I can't just sit by while everyone's fighting all around me."

He spun towards Nine. "Is your trainer loyal, or do they cower in the face of fear and run?"
Jade froze, eyes darting from Keldeo down to Nine, her mouth suddenly dry.

I ran away, I ran away, I ran--

But Nine didn't waver. "*My trainer risked her life to save mine, when she had no reason to, when there was no contract between us.*" He glanced up at her. "*I still don't understand it. But if it's foolhardy determination you want, then you'll get it.*"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Nate was prepared for some kind of macho display this time around, but his gut still clenched when the keldeo abruptly got all up in his face. The guy was fast, if nothing else. As the keldeo rattled off a list of the various legends' accomplishments, Nate made a circular get on with it motion with his finger. "Yeah, yeah, I know. That's my fucking point. The legends have helped out a ton. Shaymin, Jirachi, all them. What I'm saying is, why ain't your name on that list? What have you been up to, huh? Plenty of fighting going on, I ain't discounting that. But just where's the you in that we?"

The guy was blustering, that much was clear. Why? Seemed like he had the chops to back up the boasts. What was he hoping to see, here?"

Mightyena bared her teeth as Keldeo turned to her, her hackles rising. "Of course he would sacrifice everything for what he believed in!" she growled. That was the problem. "And he's saved my life more than once. He's an idiot, but he understands loyalty." Her heart was pounding, the thrill of battle battling back her fatigue. The bird pikachu was sparking up, getting ready to unleash some beautiful attack. She wished she could fight, properly fight, and show this boastful legend exactly what she was made of. But though dark energy sparked around her teeth, it fizzed and died almost immediately. If she was going to battle, she'd have to do it with her teeth and claws alone.

Meanwhile, Nate had been thinking. Why should the keldeo join up with them? The pikachu looked plenty strong; maybe he could shock some sense into the guy. But Mightyena couldn't do much right now. Could the guy solo a legend? That'd be something to see. But if not, how to make the keldeo stick around?

What would impress a legend if not a show of force? Nate studied the keldeo for a few seconds before it suddenly clicked. The guy was a horse, right? Or pony, something. How did you show a horse who was boss?

Oh. His nerves were jangling with caffeine and adrenaline. That was such a bad idea. That was such a fucking bad idea. But at least the keldeo didn't want to kill him, right?

He was never going to drink that much coffee again. "You want bold, huh?" he called to the keldeo, a manic grin stretching across his face. "You motherfucker, I don't even need no attacks to deal with you." He threw himself forward, grabbing for the keldeo's mane to swing himself up onto its back, and prepared to hold on tight.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Jade clenched her fists, steeling herself. "I've already risked my life. And I'm going to keep fighting, whether it's back home, or here." Her voice grew stronger with each word. "I can't just sit by while everyone's fighting all around me."
Faintly, almost imperceptibly, Keldeo nodded, seemingly satisfied by her response. He held his head high. "A noble desire. I can abide one who does not stand back to let others fight for them."
But Nine didn't waver. "*My trainer risked her life to save mine, when she had no reason to, when there was no contract between us.*" He glanced up at her. "*I still don't understand it. But if it's foolhardy determination you want, then you'll get it.*"
Keldeo didn't miss that brief fear in her eyes, almost a shame. Hesitancy-? Until Nine spoke.
His gaze swivled to Nine, eyes narrowed. So this girl, this human, had been willing to risk her own life to rescue this 'Pikachu'? "Good. Self-sacrifice and determination are admirable values."

Nate was prepared for some kind of macho display this time around, but his gut still clenched when the keldeo abruptly got all up in his face. The guy was fast, if nothing else. As the keldeo rattled off a list of the various legends' accomplishments, Nate made a circular get on with it motion with his finger. "Yeah, yeah, I know. That's my fucking point. The legends have helped out a ton. Shaymin, Jirachi, all them. What I'm saying is, why ain't your name on that list? What have you been up to, huh? Plenty of fighting going on, I ain't discounting that. But just where's the you in that we?"

The guy was blustering, that much was clear. Why? Seemed like he had the chops to back up the boasts. What was he hoping to see, here?"

Mightyena bared her teeth as Keldeo turned to her, her hackles rising. "Of course he would sacrifice everything for what he believed in!" she growled. That was the problem. "And he's saved my life more than once. He's an idiot, but he understands loyalty." Her heart was pounding, the thrill of battle battling back her fatigue. The bird pikachu was sparking up, getting ready to unleash some beautiful attack. She wished she could fight, properly fight, and show this boastful legend exactly what she was made of. But though dark energy sparked around her teeth, it fizzed and died almost immediately. If she was going to battle, she'd have to do it with her teeth and claws alone.

A wild sort of grin briefly flashed across Keldeo's face, eyes alight with an almsot primal delight at Mightyena's display. "You know you are weak, and your power is wavering, yet you still challenge me?" Keldeo dipped his head, a show of respect. Mightyena's bravery and words rang true.

Perhaps these trainers-

Meanwhile, Nate had been thinking. Why should the keldeo join up with them? The pikachu looked plenty strong; maybe he could shock some sense into the guy. But Mightyena couldn't do much right now. Could the guy solo a legend? That'd be something to see. But if not, how to make the keldeo stick around?

What would impress a legend if not a show of force? Nate studied the keldeo for a few seconds before it suddenly clicked. The guy was a horse, right? Or pony, something. How did you show a horse who was boss?

Oh. His nerves were jangling with caffeine and adrenaline. That was such a bad idea. That was such a fucking bad idea. But at least the keldeo didn't want to kill him, right?

He was never going to drink that much coffee again. "You want bold, huh?" he called to the keldeo, a manic grin stretching across his face. "You motherfucker, I don't even need no attacks to deal with you." He threw himself forward, grabbing for the keldeo's mane to swing himself up onto its back, and prepared to hold on tight.

For what felt like an eternity's moment, Keldeo stood frozen, stock still, entire body rigid. The lake ceased moving, falling uteerly flat, and the wind stopped blowing. The whole lakeshore seemed to be holding its breath. Rapid fire emotions flickered through Keldeo's eyes, first utter shock, followed by disbelief, then anger-

With a furious, neighing cry, Keldeo bolted straight into a dead sprint, hooves skimming the still placid lake. Wind tugged and tore at Nate and Keldeo cleared a lap around the lake before coming back around to where Mightyena was and skidding to a halt. Suddenly, he began thrasing, bucking his body, rearing up and kicking and jumping and throwing his body in ways that didn't even seem possible.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
For a few seconds, Nate thought he might have done it. Even when the keldeo took off running, Nate managed to hang on, ducking his head against the wind and focusing on nothing more than keeping a tight grip around the legend's neck. Did that seriously work? All he had to do was hang on for a little longer, and then--

Keldeo slammed to a halt so abruptly that Nate's face nearly slammed into the back of the pokémon's neck. And then the legend really started to get serious. Nate's teeth clacked together so hard he was afraid he'd broken more of them; his vision strobed black and red with every impact of Keldeo's hooves; his stomach rolled and he choked on his own breath. Three, four, five big shakes, and Nate was briefly airborne, and then the ground leapt up and slammed him hard into black.

--​

Mightyena wheeled and went racing after her trainer as he flew through the air. He landed several yards away, with a crunch and a scattering of leaves square in a patch of bushes, and most certainly didn't get back up. Mightyena let out a furious growl, but it wasn't Keldeo she was directing it at--it was most definitely her stupid, reckless, entirely unconscious trainer.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Oh my god what.

That was really the only thought in Jade's head as she watched Mitch leap onto Keldeo's back and then hold on for dear life as the water horse bolted around the lake before finally throwing him off with a violent thud.

Mightyena raced over to her trainer, and Jade stayed frozen. That was either exactly what they needed or really really bad.

Nine took that as a sign to brace himself for a fight, tail raised, fur standing on end, strings of lightning dancing between his feathers. Jade clenched her fists, her teeth, planting her feet to the ground and willing herself not to back down. No running away.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Snorting furiously, Keldeo shook his head, glaring in the direction Nate had landed. He held his head high, chest puffed slightly, almost as if trying to regain some of his dignity. Then it smirked slightly and carefully picked its way over to where Nate had landed, his steps delicate and careful. He lowered his head to Mightyena briefly, in a peaceable gesture, then lowered his horn to Nate's forehead and touched it ever so gently.

A trickle of blue energy washed over Nate, and Keldeo stepped back. His healing abilities were a far cry from most other mythical pokemon, but it would be enough to ease any discomfort and get him back on his feet a little quicker, and to dodge a horrible headache.

Keldeo's gaze remained on Nate for several moments, as if studying him, or perhaps contemplating. He turned to Mightyena. "Your trainer is very, very stupid." he paused. "But it takes more than just pure stupidity to do what he just did." Something no human had ever attempted to do. So strange, even after all this time, humans found a way to surprise him...

Then Keldeo dropped to one knee and lowered his head before Mightyena. "I fear the day for battle draws near. If that time comes, you will have my sword by your side."

He rose, standing regally for a moment, eyes closed. The wind blew again, and waves lapped at the shore. The lake seemed to let out the breath it had held.

Keldeo's eyes flashed open, blazing with energy. In a blur, he turned and whirled, galloping full speed straight for Jade, horn lowered and showing no signs of slowing. It seemed he was utterly ignoring Nine's preparation for an attack.

Keldeo's voice cried out, bold, fearless. Challenging. "Now! Bare your soul and show me the strength of your will!"

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Jade stood frozen as Keldeo charged, thoughts racing. He couldn't possibly be planning to... but she'd just seen him hurl Mitch through the air like he was nothing. She already knew he wasn't going to hold back against a human.

'Bare your soul and show me the strength of your will!'

She'd already done that once before, hadn't she? Faced Lugia down despite knowing what it could do, what it had already done once before. Endured the pain because she couldn't stand by and let everyone else risk themselves. Not anymore.

Time seemed to slow. Nine jerked his head in surprise. Fired a vicious bolt at the oncoming legend. Jade didn't know if that could stop him. But she wasn't moving from that spot.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Electricity crashed over Keldeo's charging form and he stumbled, flinching under the sheer power of the attack. Yet he pressed on anyway, surging forward, expression twisted in a mix of pain and determination, his gait not slowing. And in the space of a breath, it seemed, Keldeo was upon Jade. Body rigid, legs taut and horn pointed at her chest, he'd stopped less than an inch from her chest. So close his breath could be felt and the touch of the wind across his mane could be seen.

Keldeo stepped back, and raised his head, peering into Jade's eyes. From this close, it was plain to see Nine's attack had actually done a number on him somewhat - a few sparks still leapt from his mane and he was trembling, though only slightly. Faint singe marks could be seen marring his creamy coat.

Taking a step back, he briefly cast his gaze upon Nine, smiling faintly. "To strike at a mythical pokemon so freely... I like your guts." He focused on Jade next. "So. You stood your ground, human. I can see your will is strong. You did not give into your fear." He stared at her past the tip of his muzzle, a strange sort of pride in his eyes as he regarded the human and trainer pair before him. There was unquestionably something different about these two. Not just a bond between each other but... Keldeo couldn't place it, but he could sense it. It felt like she somehow carried a fragment of the ocean itself.

Eyes closed, Keldeo bent down on one knee, as he had with Mightyena, and touched his horn to the ground in front of them. "Jade, Nine, I pledge my sword to you, if the day comes that you must fight this threat."

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Jade stood stock still, unable to take her eyes away from Keldeo, pulse pounding in her ears even as the legend stepped back, putting more space between that horn and her chest. She didn't dare let out a sigh of relief, not yet. It felt odd, receiving that kind of praise. Odd to hear Keldeo say that she hadn't given in to fear when he had no way of knowing how badly she wanted to.

In the end, Jade just gave a small bow and said, "I... thank you."

When she straightened, her eyes slid over to Mitch and Mightyena. "Uh... he'll be okay, right? We should probably get him to the infirmary... again."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"It is my honor," he said, dipping his head. He seemed to hesistate for a second, then added, "It is always a pleasure to find a trainer and their partner who possess such a strong will. To rise up in the face of overwhelming fear." Their was a strange tinge to hois voice, almost a familiarity, as if he spoke from an experience of his own. "That is true will, the will to put aside base instincts and choose."

Keldeo gave a half amused snort, glancing over his shoulder at Nate. "And yes, he will be fine, although it may be easier to bring him to your infirmary anyway." Despite the flippant attitude Keldeo displayed, he seemed impressed by him all the same. "I used a small bit of my power to... take the edge of his injuries. When he awakes, he should feel better."

"I will help you carry him there, if you prefer,"
he added smiling, with a glance at Nine.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"No, I think it was mostly pure stupidity," Mightyena said softly while she watched Keldeo bathe Nate in blue light. When the glow faded, she nudged him with her nose. He groaned, and Mightyena relaxed slightly. "Thank you," she said to Keldeo. "And I apologize for my trainer's behavior." It felt strange, having such a powerful pokémon bow to her. One that people told stories about. Mightyena wished she knew some of them. Maybe Nate could find some of them for her, if she could find some way to ask.

The moment of peace didn't last long, though. Keldeo turned and charged the other human, and Mightyena watched, tensing, as he came within inches of skewering the young trainer. Even the bird pikachu's huge bolt of lightning couldn't stop him completely. He really was that strong. Mightyena wished she could battle him. Maybe someday... someday she'd feel better.

She padded over to the bird pikachu once she'd seen Nate loaded up on Keldeo's back. "Not bad," she told him. "If you'd kept fighting, I bet you could have won!" She looked back at Keldeo and Nate, with Jade leading the way back. "And thank you for the help with my trainer. Yours seems like a much more reasonable one. I bet the two of you, together, could beat almost anything." And with that, she turned to catch up with Nate, not sure whether she was more in awe or more annoyed with him, once again.

<><><>​

Day 8: Kimiko, Violet, & Hazel

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
The trip to the lake was more anxiety-inducing than Kimiko had anticipated the night before, despite the fact that she wasn't alone today, with Olivia on her heels playing lookout as usual, and Violet and Hazel beside her. It wasn't specified which mythic had saved Silas and his swampert here last night; she knew Latios was already patrolling the island and was the most likely savior, but she couldn't help but wondering (maybe even hoping) that it was the mythic she'd come here seeking. If Cresselia was already defending the island's visitors, recruiting her to their cause should be a cakewalk. Even so, she'd brought Celebi's whistle, just in case. It couldn't hurt to show that they'd already proven themselves worthy to another mythic, should Cresselia have doubts. Though, she wouldn't be surprised if Cresselia had her own test for them to tackle, either.

The other thing on her mind was the morning announcement. Orzo had been there, looking genuinely ill, but still up and about. Seeing whether or not Orzo was actually sick was half the reason for tonight's raid; Still, it could just be a very good act. There were also still too many unanswered questions and too much evidence to be coincidence, so she felt they still needed the break-in to go through, and she figured that was the general consensus. Clink was there too, hiding up on the balcony, but the klefki had the benefit of Shaymin's assistance, so at least that make somewhat more sense. She thought she'd seen Mitch's mightyena attempting to talk to Clink as she left the room; hopefully she and her trainer would get the info she so desperately wanted to know.

Kimiko hadn't been a very good companion, lost in her thoughts during the walk to the late, but a sideways glance at her new friends seemed to indicate that their minds were elsewhere, too. Their reason for visiting Cresselia was more than just to request aid in the island's ongoing mystery; Violet had said something about 'personal assistance'. Kimiko wondered just what that meant, but she wasn't about to pry.

Hazel had been quite a surprise, which the island seemed to have in spades. She indeed wore a lab coat, and apparently could work a phone better than her... trainer? Was that what they were? She wasn't sure how to parse it, but they felt like they had a different kind of relationship than the usual trainer/'mon partnership. Regardless, the weavile had texted the group chat during the meeting, talking about Meloetta and a conversation about bonds. (Kimiko was somewhat sad she missed an encounter with the musical mythic, but she was beyond any hope of just having a good time on this vacation at this point... maybe when everything was resolved there would be time for proper relaxation and entertainment, but for now she knew she wouldn't be able to enjoy anything.) It had been an interesting theory about how to combat their foe, and she definitely tucked it away on the back burner to discuss further at a later point in time, but battle strategies weren't the main focus right now.

They arrived at the lake in relative silence. Olivia was looking around carefully... expectantly. There was definitely something here, but the espeon didn't seem to be on guard, so it was... probably safe. Kimiko hesitated; Celebi had a title, and she'd responded to it. What had Violet called Cresselia last night?

"We request an audience with the Dream Walker!" she called out, looking around the lake for any signs of the mythic. "Cresselia, if you're here, we request your aid!"

"Espiii!" Olivia chimed in, tail swishing in anticipation.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Violet rubbed her forehead as she attempted to process everything that had happened that morning and the night prior. A considerable amount of information had been divulged from the type of mythical Pokémon that had been spoken with, to the legend of the Golden One, and even to detailed planning of how they would confront Orzo. Granted, Orzo had made an appearance that morning — confirming that he at least looked sickly — but there were too many other pieces of evidence pointing to him that would just make them drop the matter altogether. She was more grateful than ever that Hazel was beside her, taking and reviewing notes as needed.

She shook her head. One thing at a time. Cresselia was a wanderer of dreams, and one that could very well provide her the key not only to this mystery, but also to her own memories. Still, if the theory that Hazel made of Gen's dagger not obeying some multiversal law was true, then it was likely that Cresselia would have little to say.

She hummed to herself in contemplation as she thought about their approach. They were already asking the mythical Pokémon to defend them and for whatever information they had. Would it be a stretch then to ask about her memories? Would it be intruding upon some code they were unaware of? The last thing she wanted was to offend such a valuable potential ally. She'd phrase her request as carefully as she could, and hold off on asking anything of a personal nature unless they were offered the mythical's goodwill, she supposed.

As eager as she was to get answers, ensuring Hazel's safety came first.

Hazel, meanwhile, looked over their two companions with interest. After being around Violet for so long, she had been accustomed to the eccentric, but this trip had taken that standard and ballooned it to enormous proportions: an experimental subject, talking Pokémon, a legendary Pokémon of wrath itself, multiple versions of oneself... In comparison, Kimiko and Olivia's normality was abnormal.

Maybe that was a good thing, especially considering that they were asking for such a powerful Pokémon to fight alongside them. Not to mention between the fever that was the meeting the previous night and the harrowing discoveries over the past two days, having a pair they could just be chill with was refreshing. No complicated conspiracies or scientific shake-ups, just a pleasant walk. A walk that was headed towards a living legend, but a pleasant walk nonetheless.

Once Kimiko had called out to Cresselia, the pair scanned the area. Violet went down on one knee and place a fist to her chest, stating, "We lay ourselves bare to thine mercy and graces so that we may all lay the issue of the rampant criminal to rest. We beseech you, oh wise walker of dreams, please allow us your time!"

Hazel, not wanting to offend, mirrored her trainer's stance, but held her phone out in her other claw to try to get a recording. There was no way she was going to go home without proof of having met a mythical.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
The shine of the lake seemed to grow brighter, more dazzling. And if one glanced upward, the moon could be seen in the daylight, a little brighter than usual... The air seemed to distort, then there was a brief flicker of pinkish white light.

"Such formality, how lovely." Cresselia shimmered into existence before them. "You really don't need to, but it is nice to be appreciated." Her tone was gentle, almost motherly or parental in nature. "It is rare to find humans these days of such royal natures." Despite her gentle tone, there was a sort of regality to it. She sounded old, wizened.

"These are indeed troubling times. What do you seek my aid?" An expectant note crept into her voice, and she seemed to regard the group with both curiosity and appraisal.

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Olivia had tried her best to copy Hazel, bowing down before the new presence. But before Kimiko could even consider whether or not it was necessary, Cresselia made herself known.

She cleared her throat before speaking. "There's... a couple of reasons, actually," she said, looking up at the psychic-type with awe. She'd always been most impressed with psychics. She stood up straighter and put on her best 'confident' face as she continued. "We'd like to ask you for your assistance. Us trainers have been seeking out your fellow mythics in an attempt to join together in an effort to fight back against this... entity that's kidnapping human and pokemon pairs. We feel a confrontation is... not just inevitable, but necessary, and we can't fight it alone. So we're asking anyone we can for their aid when the time comes. And so, we'd like to ask the same of you. You're well known to us for your powerful defensive and healing abilities, and.. that would be a great asset for us."

"We met Celebi already!" Olivia added. "And a lot of others have agreed to help us, too! We all need to support each other. You can count on us, and we hope we can count on you, too!"

When Olivia fell silent, Kimiko cast a sideways glance at Violet and Hazel. Cresselia would probably want to hear what they had to say, too.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
The shine of the lake seemed to grow brighter, more dazzling. And if one glanced upward, the moon could be seen in the daylight, a little brighter than usual... The air seemed to distort, then there was a brief flicker of pinkish white light.

"Such formality, how lovely." Cresselia shimmered into existence before them. "You really don't need to, but it is nice to be appreciated." Her tone was gentle, almost motherly or parental in nature. "It is rare to find humans these days of such royal natures." Despite her gentle tone, there was a sort of regality to it. She sounded old, wizened.

"These are indeed troubling times. What do you seek my aid?" An expectant note crept into her voice, and she seemed to regard the group with both curiosity and appraisal.
"'These days'... a fitting choice of words," Violet replied with a smirk as she stood up. "Though 'royal' is mayhaps not the most befitting moniker for mineself; I was a lower noble, nothing more."

She heard Hazel clear her throat next to her. Violet nodded her head as she made a slight noise of embarrassment. Her expression turned more serious as she said, "We would like to request your assistance on three fronts of escalating value: information, monitoring, protection." She lowered her head. "I understand if this is much to ask, and we did not come here with the expectation that you would be willing to give it freely or without reservation. We will gladly do as we need to..."
She cleared her throat before speaking. "There's... a couple of reasons, actually," she said, looking up at the psychic-type with awe. She'd always been most impressed with psychics. She stood up straighter and put on her best 'confident' face as she continued. "We'd like to ask you for your assistance. Us trainers have been seeking out your fellow mythics in an attempt to join together in an effort to fight back against this... entity that's kidnapping human and pokemon pairs. We feel a confrontation is... not just inevitable, but necessary, and we can't fight it alone. So we're asking anyone we can for their aid when the time comes. And so, we'd like to ask the same of you. You're well known to us for your powerful defensive and healing abilities, and.. that would be a great asset for us."

"We met Celebi already!" Olivia added. "And a lot of others have agreed to help us, too! We all need to support each other. You can count on us, and we hope we can count on you, too!"

When Olivia fell silent, Kimiko cast a sideways glance at Violet and Hazel. Cresselia would probably want to hear what they had to say, too.
However, it seemed that the pair had already beaten her to the punch. "...Exactly." She nodded, smiling. "With thine assistance, not only may we be able to keep an eye on this 'entity' via the realm of dreams, but we may also be able to fend it off, if it is something that thou art willing to provide."

Hazel added as she too stood, "We've also met Manaphy and Meloetta, and they've been a great help! Shaymin was even able to nurse Clink back to health." She tugged on her lab coat to get rid of any creases that came from her posture. "We just wanted to know if you'd be willing to help us, and share anything you might know about this 'entity'. Based on current evidence, we suspect that it may be related to the 'Golden One' of legend. And we'd love to help you, too! You can count on us!"

Violet took a deep breath. "...I understand we already requesting much of you, but I would also like to ask, if it is not too much trouble... can you see the dreams of those across just this universe, or within the multiverse as a whole?" Her eyes darted to the side as she hesitated. "I-including that of our other selves, or even mine sibling. Forgive me if this is overstepping thine boundaries. That last request is a personal matter and nothing more. The former request is of far greater value."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom