• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Dazzling Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
"Okay, listen. You are not at fault here. It's not like you told Hazel to shoot the guy. Accidents happen. Especially if she was in an unfamiliar body. You couldn't have predicted this. Okay? It was an accident. Not your fault. And it sounds like it's what stopped the rampage, yeah? So... so it's probably for the best."
Odette Startled.PNG
Even with blurred vision, she could tell that this 'comforting' thing wasn't Kimiko's forte either. Though, maybe it wasn't what she was doing, or what she was saying--more how she was saying it. A little strained, a little panicked. Odette wouldn't fault her for that; she'd just tossed a great deal of nonsense on her within a matter of seconds.

if anything, it made the words mean a little more. Because she was trying. And she had a point. Odette had not told Hazel to shoot him. Odette had not gone into this assuming that anything would go wrong. The worst she'd assumed would happen was she found herself in a less than savory position at the other end of the switch, provided the missing trainers were dealing with something less than savory. But no, she'd never anticipated swapping a body with a Type:Null, and that Type:Null feeling the need to shoot somebody.

And again. He did it to himself. There would have been no need for any shooting if things had been going how they started. With her just teaching Hazel dance moves, and everyone else just getting used to their temporary bodies.

Slowly, she nodded. "It definitely was for the best," she breathed. "It was the only thing that made him stop."

"Okay, we'll give it a little more time for your cream to do it's work, but if it doesn't start soon, I'll drag you down there myself, okay? This... it doesn't sound like whatever hit you is normal, and you just said it was taking longer than it should. We really shouldn't let this go untreated if that's the case."
Odette Nervous.PNG
Motherfucker. She'd left the cove to avoid a confrontation with Nurse Joy, and now she was flanked by not one, but two others willing to drag her there kicking and screaming.

"It'll work," she said stiffly. The unwavering tingle caused her voice to shake as she spoke.

Yeah, super fucking convincing.

Enora Angry Frown.PNG
Honestly, thank gods. This girl had some sense. If Enora alone couldn't get Odette to snap out of this fear for the sake of her health, then they'd sure as hell do it together.

"She is correct. I'll give it five more minutes. If you're not better, we'll be going to the infirmary."

Odette Nervous.PNG
"Ten minutes."
Enora Angry Frown.PNG
"Five."
Odette Nervous.PNG
"Seven minutes."

Enora Angry Snarl.PNG
"This isn't a shop where you can haggle a price. Five."
Odette Nervous.PNG
"...six minutes."
Enora Thinking.PNG
Enora rolled her eyes, deciding to relent. "Fine. Six minutes."

"Here... would this help? I notice you seem to drink a lot of it. Sorry it's not very cold anymore, we've... been out here for a few hours."
Odette Startled.PNG
Odette didn't mean to look greedy, but she snatched the bottle out of Kimiko's hand and had it open before the latter had even finished speaking. Cold or not, water was water. And she didn't realize how desperately she'd needed a drink until it was offered to her.

She managed to down nearly half the bottle before she give herself a moment to breathe. "Thanks," she panted. "I have a blood pressure problem. Perk of being a vessel," she said simply; a little bitterly. "Water's one of the only things that keeps it in check."

She took another long sip. She had half a mind to ask just what the hell they'd been doing out here for a few hours already, but it was safe to assume that they were doing something in a vein of investigating. Or hiking. Odette had gone on several runs herself already, so that wasn't an over-the-top guess.

"Tell me something... why were you trying to swap bodies with one of the missing trainers??" She started cautiously. In truth, it wasn't that bad of an idea in theory, considering how little information they'd been able to cobble together up to this point, but there were just too many unknowns. "You were hoping to be able to see where they were being held, weren't you? Did you even stop to consider just how dangerous and stupid that was?" Her voice began to raise as she continued, unaware of the frustration seeping into her words. "We have no idea where they are, or what could be being done to them! What if it had worked? What would become of Odile if something had happened to you? What if it had worked and you found yourself in the middle of being tortured, and suddenly it was you being shocked over and over and-"
As Odette pulled the bottle away from her mouth again, this time wiping off the excess water that dribbled down her chin, she suddenly felt the most calm she had since she watched Hazel find the gun. She wasn't quite sure how much time had passed since then, but it felt like hours. For all she knew, it had only been a couple damn minutes.

And of course, it wasn't meant to last. The inevitable tongue lashing made sure of that.

It was as expected. Are you crazy? What if something happened? What if something went wrong? All in the same vein as what Enora and Odile had thrown at her before anything had even happened. Except, much angrier. And rightfully so, it was pretty goddamn reckless. In the face of a harrowing mystery, she definitely had a history of being very rash. No matter how much thought she put into it.

However, it was that final bit that really got her attention. About being tortured, and shocked. It was then that she remembered, Kimiko had also been kidnapped. And she wasn't as lucky to have been kidnapped by somebody who went out of their way to make sure everything was as plush as possible for her. That seemed to be the only difference.

"I--" she started to say, entirely unsure of where she wanted to begin with that. She figured she'd just leave it up to the will of the gods.

"Sorry," she continued, sheepishly returning her gaze to Odette. She used her free hand to brush her hair out of her face. "I... I'm sorry. I'm sorry I hadn't been there to help. If... if I had been the one to think of it, I'd have done the exact same thing. You don't need me going off to you about how risky it was. I just... I've seen more than a few friends hurt, or worse, trying to do some sort of heroic, noble sacrifice like that. Haven't we been through enough?"
But, there was no need. A backtrack. Though, it wasn't enough to stop her.

"No, you're right," she said. "It's good you weren't there. There were way too many people; you'd have only exacerbated the problem, and I'm not saying that to sound rude. Too many people meant too much to go wrong," she added, sending her eyes down to the ground, where she'd already managed to dig a hole in the dirt with the toe of her shoe.

"I know it was risky. Enora and Odile made sure I knew, and I thought long and hard about it. I've always been a logician, but I've never been one to settle for the cautious route. So, I've heard this before. You don't need to apologize."

But the thing about her friends getting hurt...that hit a little close to home. All she could think about in that moment was Noel, and that beating he took in the face of trying to be ballsy. She cringed, and she didn't bother to hide it.

"So have I," she admitted. "So it's amazing I still don't know any better."

Her eyes slipped shut and she forcibly shook her head. After a second, she actually managed a laugh.

"We've been through far too much. I think we're both overdue for the universe to throw us each a bone."

Other than that everything seemed ordinary.
Odile Scary 1.PNG
"̴M̵y̵ ̸a̶s̵s̸.̵"̸ she hissed. They'd barely done any investigating, so this wouldn't fucking hurt.

Odile used Odor Sleuth!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
My̵ ̸a̶s̵s̸.̵"̸ she hissed. They'd barely done any investigating, so this wouldn't fucking hurt.

Odile sniffed out the area! But there doesn't seem to be anything unusual!

But suspicion seems to be rising...

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Slowly, she nodded. "It definitely was for the best," she breathed. "It was the only thing that made him stop."
Odette had taken a minute to respond, as though to considering the words. Kimiko knew she wasn’t very good at this, but at least it seemed to be having an impact.

“See? It…” Well, no, it certainly didn’t work out for the best, as she’d been intending to say. Instead, she settled for: “It was a good thing you had it on hand.”

It'll work," she said stiffly. The unwavering tingle caused her voice to shake as she spoke.
Kimiko noticed how her friend tensed up, and the had a brief negotiation with her sylveon. She let herself relax and smile a bit. “If you want, I’ll stay there with you until you’re cleared. Believe me when I say, I’m no fan of doctors, myself. But… I’d be remiss to allow you to ignore whatever this burn is. It very much did not sound normal, the way you described it, so if your cream isn’t helping it, we really, really should get it checked out.”

She managed to down nearly half the bottle before she give herself a moment to breathe. "Thanks," she panted. "I have a blood pressure problem. Perk of being a vessel," she said simply; a little bitterly. "Water's one of the only things that keeps it in check."

She nodded in understanding. “So long as it helps! Looks like you needed it, too. I’ll see if I can find you another bottle. When we get to the infirmary. “

No, you're right," she said. "It's good you weren't there. There were way too many people; you'd have only exacerbated the problem, and I'm not saying that to sound rude. Too many people meant too much to go wrong," she added, sending her eyes down to the ground, where she'd already managed to dig a hole in the dirt with the toe of her shoe.

"I know it was risky. Enora and Odile made sure I knew, and I thought long and hard about it. I've always been a logician, but I've never been one to settle for the cautious route. So, I've heard this before. You don't need to apologize."

But the thing about her friends getting hurt...that hit a little close to home. All she could think about in that moment was Noel, and that beating he took in the face of trying to be ballsy. She cringed, and she didn't bother to hide it.

"So have I," she admitted. "So it's amazing I still don't know any better."
Kimiko frowned at her. At least she had the brains to talk to her team about it. But even so… “Just because they knew what you were planning doesn’t mean they could have helped you if something went wrong… just… look, next time, let me know. Or someone else. Not a big crowd, just… someone you trust to watch your back.” Odette didn’t need to know what a hypocrite she was being, what with both having hunted down Amara on her own, as well as came here to the lake by herself. She was much less cautious with her own safety, and she suspected Odette was probably the same.

So have I," she admitted. "So it's amazing I still don't know any better."

Her eyes slipped shut and she forcibly shook her head. After a second, she actually managed a laugh.

"We've been through far too much. I think we're both overdue for the universe to throw us each a bone.
Kimiko squeezed her hand one more time before letting go - it seemed like she could relate, and that was enough. No need to harp on about it anymore.

“Alright, your six minutes is up,” she warned with a smile. “So are Enora and I going to have to carry you to the infirmary, or are you willing to walk?”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
“Alright, your six minutes is up,” she warned with a smile. “So are Enora and I going to have to carry you to the infirmary, or are you willing to walk?”
Odette Nervous.PNG
Really, had it already been six minutes? And her arm was still tingling? This wasn't just bullshit, it felt rigged.

"I...guess I'm walking," she replied.

Enora Neutral Grin.PNG
"Good choice. I'll lead the way."

Odile Bat.PNG
As Enora spoke, Odile came fluttering back down to land on the grass before them.

"̶S̷o̸o̴o̷o̴o̸o̴o̶o̷o̸o̷o̷ ̸n̵o̴t̴h̸i̸n̸g̴ ̴w̴e̷i̴r̷d̵ ̵o̷u̵t̶ ̸h̸e̵r̸e̵!̸ ̷M̶a̶d̸e̶ ̴d̷o̴u̶b̸l̷y̶ ̴s̶u̷r̵e̸ ̷o̴f̸ ̶i̷t̸.̶"̶

Odette Nervous.PNG
She wasn't sure what that meant, but she had greater issues to be dealing with.

"Thanks," she said. "But we're headed to the infirmary now, so no need to keep looking around."

Odile Bat.PNG
"̷A̵w̵.̷ ̷Y̵o̵u̴'̴r̷e̸ ̸s̸u̴c̶h̸ ̵a̵ ̷b̸r̸a̵v̶e̶ ̶s̴o̶u̷l̴.̷ ̷I̴'̴m̷ ̷p̷r̵o̸u̴d̷ ̴o̷f̷ ̶y̷o̷u̶.̶"̴

Odette Deadpan.PNG
"I have absolutely no gripes punting you into the lake. My legs still work," she threatened.

But, there was no need for that. They were already starting to walk off. As they did, she shot a look at Kimiko.

"So like...are you as ridiculously frightened of needles as I am?" she asked earnestly. Maybe she'd feel less like a baby if she could find somebody else to empathize with her. It'd make the walk a little more bearable.

<><><><><><<><><><><><><>​

Day 4: May and Blair

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
The clues that they had (according to the group chat that she'd managed to access on her Pokégear after asking around at the hotel) suggested some kind of Psychic-type. Something yellow. Somebody using Flash and Focus Blast.

Well, there was a trainer here with a yellow Grumpig, a Psychic-type that could learn both Flash and Focus Blast. Maybe not teleport, or fly, but it was hard to know exactly what was going on with that anyway. And nobody seemed to have been bothering her all that much.

May kept an eye out as everyone left the cove, noticed the Hatterene and Grumpig trainer heading towards the lake, and followed discreetly, not too far behind, Spirit tight at her side.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Blair kept walking until she reached the far side of the lake, which was quieter. Grumpig and Hatterene followed behind her, periodically glancing around. She stopped in a small empty space and trned to her pokemon. "Alright, let's keep practicing, okay?"

Grumpig puffed out his chest and nodded eagerly, turning to Hatterene. "Grumpig, let's try a Thunder Wave!"

Small bolts of electricity crackled around Grumpig's gem and his fur rbeifly stood on end before he sent a weak wave of electricity at Hatterene. The attack struck and she seized up with a hiss.

"Good," Blair murmured. "We'll work on that, and then..." she pulled out a notebook and scanned it. "And then we'll try out your new move, Hatterene."

Hatterene shook of the electricity an nodded in agreement.

By all appearances, the group seemed to be training.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
May approached the three slowly, watching them. Just training, it seemed like. Hatterene's new move? Off the top of her head she didn't think Hatterene could learn Focus Blast or Flash, but it wasn't like she'd used one.

"Hey," she said, raising a hand. They were alone here. Spirit was plenty strong, but harder to say what she could do to protect her, if it came to it. "Training? I didn't catch your name."

Spirit peered at Blair and the two Pokémon.

[[Mind Reader @Flyg0n]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Blair turned towards May, seemed to evaluate her for a moment, and nodded carefully. "Yes. Name is Blair, yours?" she held out her hand to shake.

Hatterene seemed to be studying Spirit and May both, while Grumpig hadn't taken his eyes off her necklace. After a moment, Hatterene dipped her head in greeting to both of them.

"Where'd you get that?" Grumpig asked curiously, gesturing to Spirit's necklace. Maybe Blair could find him one. Not that he didn't like his own jewel, which was very pretty too, but red and gold was a nice combo.

Mind Reader is active! Spirit is watching closely...

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
May shook her hand, glancing at the two Pokémon. Grumpig was staring at Spirit's necklace and it gave her the creeps.

"May," she said.

Spirit straightened, staying wary. "It was given to me," she said.

"Trying out new moves? TMs or the like?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Nice to meet you," Blair said casually. "We're just working on some moves in case that kidnapper shows up again. Maybe we can paralyze them before they can teleport. Got a TM for Thunder Wave for Grumpig. Not sure what will work at this point."

"Don't suppose you've heard anything about the kidnapper other than it being a psychic-type?"

Despite her nonchalant demeanor, she seemed to be watching May carefully, trying to gauge her reaction.

--

"Oh! They're very beautiful. Who gave it to you? Do you know what they got it? I like to collect jewels you see," Grumpig said, seemingly oblivious to Spirit's wariness.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Blair was watching her closely, trying to figure her out. May gave a casual nod. "Thunder Wave could be a good idea," she said. "The kidnapper, I don't know, not all that much else. Something about yellow. What kind of move'd you get for Hatterene? Sounded like you were saying she had a new one too when we got here."

Spirit hesitated at Grumpig's questions. "It was the legendary Entei in our world," she then said. May tensed where she stood. "He created it for me. I'm afraid there is only one."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Yellow, huh." Well at least May was honest, she figured. Blair glanced at Hatterene, who gave a nod. "Okay," Blair said. "No harm in sharing, since I think you two seem sensible. It's nothing big, but I've been helping Hatterene learn Magic Dust. I figured I can turn the tables and combo it with something really strong, like Brutal Swing. That way I can gurantee a good hit, no matter what type of... thing we're dealing with. Especially with so many of those mythical pokemon around."

Grumpig's face fell, but only briefly. "Entei created that for you? That's amazing! He sounds really generous then, to make something like that!"

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
"Magic..." Wait, she meant Magic Powder, right? "That's the one that turns their type into Psychic, right? Yeah, that's pretty clever."

It checked out. Was there any chance that sort of thing would've helped for kidnapping? Hard to tell. But it wasn't the two disturbed TMs, at any rate.

May glanced at Grumpig. "So where were you three when the kidnappings happened, anyway? You see or hear anything?"

Spirit smiled. "I'm very grateful to Entei for his gift. Where do you like to get your jewels?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Thanks," Blair replied pleasantly. Seemingly satisfied with May's answer, she continued. "We came from breakfast, which I suspect a lot of the other trainers did too. And this morning I was training privately again. If someone on this island is responsible, I didn't want to use the arena so they can see me practice. Grumpig and Hatterene were with me, of course."

"Blair and I like to try to win them through contests. She likes to collect ribbons too. Do you think any of the mythical Pokemon here would be nice enough to give us gems?" he mused, almost to himself.

Spirit has been watching carefully! She's telling the truth!

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
May glanced at Spirit, who gave a quick nod.

"Makes sense," May said. "So were you training here, or somewhere else? Saw nothing out of place?" As Grumpig talked, she looked over, raising an eyebrow. "So you're more the contest type than the battling type, then? Or both?"

Spirit tossed her head. "I don't know the legendary Pokémon of this world," she said. "But who knows? Perhaps if we can meet some, you can ask. I have gathered some of the others already met Manaphy."

Right. That debacle. She hadn't heard all that much but she'd heard enough to be glad she hadn't been there.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
May glanced at Spirit, who gave a quick nod.

"Makes sense," May said. "So were you training here, or somewhere else? Saw nothing out of place?" As Grumpig talked, she looked over, raising an eyebrow. "So you're more the contest type than the battling type, then? Or both?"
"Not far from here. I saw the flash of light but that doesn't mean much. I already overheard how the kidnapper used Flash." She paused as May addressed Grumpig, and frowned. "Wait, you're one of the trainer's who can speak to pokemon, aren't you?"

"You understood me?" Grumpig asked, surprised. "Usually I have to use my psychic abilities to talk to Blair! Your world must be weird."

Blair turned away from Grumpig back to May. "But yeah, we do a lot of contests. Of course, contest battles are plenty challenging too."

Spirit tossed her head. "I don't know the legendary Pokémon of this world," she said. "But who knows? Perhaps if we can meet some, you can ask. I have gathered some of the others already met Manaphy."

"Oh yeah! Maybe I should try to find Manaphy. Or maybe Jirachi could wish me a big jewel..."

Hatterene cleared her throat softly. Grumpig paused to glance at her, as did Blair. "If I may... I am aware that the young trainer and his lovely Nosepass attempted to stop the kidnapper. I find it rather odd that its Block technique didn't work. Not many techniques can bypass it. Of course, there are the magical ones. Then of course, ghost-types. But the protection shields do not stop it. Only Crafty Shield and the techniques most humans call 'Parting Shot, U-turn and Flip Turn. The kidnapper must fall into one of those categories."

"Oh yeah that makes sense!" Grumpig chipped in. "I was kind of thinking the same thing, of course. Gotta be that. Didn't hear any roaring after all," he said, nodding as sagely as he could.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
May sighed. "Yeah, I've been gathering a lot of worlds don't have people learning Pokémon speech at school."

At least with Psychic-types Blair could talk to them anyway if she wanted. Different for people like the guy with the Mightyena.

She supposed if they did contests, that explained Grumpig's obsession with shiny things. She'd wondered if she should ask for a battle but maybe not, if they mostly did contests.

Hatterene cleared her throat softly. Grumpig paused to glance at her, as did Blair. "If I may... I am aware that the young trainer and his lovely Nosepass attempted to stop the kidnapper. I find it rather odd that its Block technique didn't work. Not many techniques can bypass it. Of course, there are the magical ones. Then of course, ghost-types. But the protection shields do not stop it. Only Crafty Shield and the techniques most humans call 'Parting Shot, U-turn and Flip Turn. The kidnapper must fall into one of those categories."

"Oh yeah that makes sense!" Grumpig chipped in. "I was kind of thinking the same thing, of course. Gotta be that. Didn't hear any roaring after all," he said, nodding as sagely as he could.
So they did know about that. "Yeah, that was definitely weird." Maybe theoretically it could've been Whirlwind, if there'd been an accomplice... but that was probably overcomplicating things. "Dunno if I've seen anything that gets Parting Shot. Crafty Shield's not learned by a whole lot of Pokémon, but one of them's Klefki, and there's definitely one of those around. Flip Turn... maybe? And then practically everything gets U-Turn." She rubbed her forehead. "There's also Volt Switch, right? All in all, narrows it down a bit but not a whole lot. Still, it's a lead."

It was a lead. Hard to believe Hatterene'd volunteer it to somebody who hadn't mentioned it if they had something to do with it. Too bad they didn't know no Fairy or Water or Bug or Electric energy had been detected at the scene. What else was there that'd help a Pokémon escape trapping moves? Smoke Balls, right? Or the Run Away ability? May sighed. "That does help, I guess. Thanks."

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"Happy to be of service," Hatterene said quietly. "Perhaps there is hope yet."

"Well then, if that's all the questions you have," Blair said, with a satisfied nod. "We're going to keep practicing." There seemed to be an implied 'you can leave now' tone to her voice, before she seemed to consider something.

"Unless of course, you would care to train with us? Officer Jenny mentioned safety in numbers."

Grumpig's eyes lit up. A chance to practice with a pokemon chosen by Entei? That sounded fun!

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Spirit looked up at May, her ears perking. May hesitated; training with a coordinator? But Blair and her Pokémon did seem pretty clever, and after the talk she was pretty sure they could trust them.

"...Yeah. Okay." Spirit'd get to show off, at any rate; that was something either way. "Sure."

<><><><><>​

Day 5 - Steven and Wes and a whole lot of misunderstanding

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven didn't know where he wanted to go, other than away. Away from everyone else. Away from his mistake. Away from... Everything.

He really wasn't paying attention to where he was walking. Normally he'd run from his problems into the depths of the earth, but without Aggron by his side, it was less appealing. So when his shoes found the soft earth at the edge of the lake, he stopped and stared across the glistening water.

It was peaceful. Quiet. A perfect place to let his facade drop, bare his soul and let the lake be witness to everything he'd done; all his lies, all his cowardice. And if the culprit wanted to appear and finish him off, well, who was he to object?

He let his shoulders sag, fingers of each hand spinning one ring around, then another. Tics he tried to carefully hide away from the public eye. A comforting motion that, right now, felt like a bandaid on a laceration. Too little too late.

At least no one was around to see him like this... Maybe he'd be able to cobble the pieces together into some semblance of respectability.

Maybe.

Doubtful.

No wonder Aggron was furious with him. One little crack and he was broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom