• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
When I have LOOOONG confirmed myself as Town-aligned?
[[At what point have you been confirmed town? Genuine question here, not a challenge. The only thing I can think of is you getting shot, which doesn’t necessarily clear you as town, since any alien could be a hostile TP. I hesitate to call that a hard clear, especially in such a custom game like this where any given role can have/be an exception to the general rule.

I literally gave you specifics. You refuted them, I relented, but I gave you my specifics
The only specifics you gave were: me putting you on my sus list and the whole thing about Gen. Neither of those hold any water, tbh. If you don’t have anything more than that, then…I dunno what to tell you. Considering how active I’ve been in this game, you’d think I’d have a lot more holes and/or weak points to be exploited if I were scum. The fact that you can’t find much more than this seems to speak for itself.

Keep in mind, I threw out my whooole role alignment PM as an Alien FIRST, to prove I had good intentions in trying to clear Equi.

I’ll give you credit for this one, you were the first to quote your PM. However, if you are a hostile alien, all you’d need to do is change and cut a few words in your PM to make it convincing.

But I’m not gonna push that idea because, as I said, I think Fuse is the real threat and I think you’re just…a neutral TP who is weirdly tunneling me for reasons I don’t follow. I don’t think I’m going to change your mind about me, and that’s fine. I don’t need to, because we are about to win this game anyway. (And like I said before, I will eat an entire hat shop if it doesn’t end today, Bluwii you have been warned.)]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen looked up at Rui, eyes wide with fear, especially after what happened earlier.

"I-I...d-do you still d-distrust me?" he asked.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
I’ll give you credit for this one, you were the first to quote your PM. However, if you are a hostile alien, all you’d need to do is change and cut a few words in your PM to make it convincing.
[[But consider this—if I was trying to rewrite shit to make myself seem more Town, there is a huge margin for error. I could rewrite it in a way that DOESN’T match what’s written for a Town-aligned Alien, which pretty much would out me as tampering with the original subject matter, if a Town-aligned Alien also posted their rolePM. Equi and I’s roles (from what I read) were pretty much identical, again save for Equi’s modifier. I feel that’s a solid clear, unless it comes out Equi was scum aligned all along!]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven had spent a lot of time listening. He'd spent a lot of time thinking, too. After his proposal on how to play out the rest of the game, things had gotten... messy. It was hard to know who to trust, who to believe.

Rui, she'd been on board with his plan, happy to vote for her buddy right away. The same with the Mademoiselle. They both suggested the idea of a hostile Third Party, someone else who could kill in the night, but wasn't the Mafia. Except Guzma had made a good point, the same point Steven had tried to suggest earlier...
[[Something to ponder: We should consider what we’re dealing with here: either a third mafia or a rogue TP. I’m definitely leaning towards the latter, because otherwise, what was the point of my role?? Why would I have that in a game with no SK? Also, how else would there be two shots a night?

This still means Fuse could easily be the rogue TP, of course.]]
[[Hmm, I was doing some thinking/rereading and I've come to a couple conclusions about Yellow.

I get the feeling that Yellow can't be Third-party, only Town or Mafia [...]
Therefore, I can only think of two possible scenarios:
  1. Yellow is Town and Fuse is the last remaining anti-town player (Serial Killer or Traitor), likely a hostile Third-party due to Yellow's role.
  2. Both Yellow and Fuse are anti-town, Yellow being the last remaining Mafia and Fuse the SK.
In both scenarios, Fuse is anti-town and is objectively the safest person to vote out today. If the game ends upon voting out Fuse, that means that we're in Scenario 1 and Hooray! We win! If we do vote out Fuse and the game doesn't end, that means that we're in Scenario 2, meaning that Yellow is indeed scum and should be voted out immediately D4.

The only other scenario is that Bench is our hostile TP but Tetra surviving being shot N1 alongside his legitimate-looking PM makes me think that this is not the case.]]
In both Rui and Mademoiselle's words, the person they were currently voting for as a group, Kora, was suspected to be a Third Party player. Most likely hostile. This... didn't make any sense, as the first scenario Mademoiselle posted could not happen. If Rui were Town and Kora Third Party, the game should have already been over. The game was currently ongoing by having a Mafia member still alive. Someone had to be Mafia.

Steven did agree with Mademoiselle's analysis, though, that both Kora and Yellow's alignments are not confirmed by any information shared thus far. It aligned with what Steven originally thought as well, except for one thing...
"In order for the game to end, all Mafia must be eliminated. This is a common win condition shared with both Town and Town-aligned Aliens. Because this game is still continuing, there is at least one Mafia player still among us, and there are only two possible players this could be: Kora (Fusion) or Rui (Yellow)."

"Guzma, Mademoiselle, and Gen all are cleared as definite Aliens per their information, powers, and role PMs. Because of this, they are all Third Party players and are not considered Mafia, even if they are able to kill."

"Therefore, I am voting Kora (Fusion) today. @Bluwiikoon

If the game does not end after today's elimination vote for Kora, the remaining town should vote Rui the next day for the victory."
Rui did not object to being the other name on his and Mademoiselle's suspect list. At least not until Guzma had levied his vote. Then Rui had gotten mad, furious even... The reaction had surprised him, to say the least.

Why did the voting order matter so much? It came down to a coin flip of who to vote out first, Rui or Kora. If the day didn't end, then vote out the other. Why did voting Rui first become so much trouble? With... with Amy gone, there was no way for messages to be distributed during the night (or so he assumed, based on her role, a Satellite, used to bounce messages and relay them to other parties), so Rui's abilities were null. There were no players left to communicate with, and not like any would come forward after the reveal of her powers. Unless she was either the Mafia or the hostile Third Party herself, in which case she would have one more day to strike during the night.

Steven nodded to himself. Unless one of the other Aliens was lying, and they hid their ability to kill, Both Rui and Kora had to have killing powers, unless Mafia was granted two shots each night, which Mademoiselle pointed out was unlikely.

He found himself nodding along with Guzma's words. A pang struck across his chest as he thought of Amy, of what could have been a vote for that Palkia at the end of the previous day. Of the two killers, who was the most dangerous one left? He had already made one mistake. He wasn't going to make another.

"Unvote Kora.
Vote Rui.
@Bluwiikoon "

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Gen looked up at Rui, eyes wide with fear, especially after what happened earlier.

"I-I...d-do you still d-distrust me?" he asked.
[[Eh? No, I’m just pointing out that being an alien does not guarantee one’s innocence. I wasn’t accusing you of anything, only replying to Sind’s arguments.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Steven had spent a lot of time listening. He'd spent a lot of time thinking, too. After his proposal on how to play out the rest of the game, things had gotten... messy. It was hard to know who to trust, who to believe.

Rui, she'd been on board with his plan, happy to vote for her buddy right away. The same with the Mademoiselle. They both suggested the idea of a hostile Third Party, someone else who could kill in the night, but wasn't the Mafia. Except Guzma had made a good point, the same point Steven had tried to suggest earlier...

In both Rui and Mademoiselle's words, the person they were currently voting for as a group, Kora, was suspected to be a Third Party player. Most likely hostile. This... didn't make any sense, as the first scenario Mademoiselle posted could not happen. If Rui were Town and Kora Third Party, the game should have already been over. The game was currently ongoing by having a Mafia member still alive. Someone had to be Mafia.

Steven did agree with Mademoiselle's analysis, though, that both Kora and Yellow's alignments are not confirmed by any information shared thus far. It aligned with what Steven originally thought as well, except for one thing...

Rui did not object to being the other name on his and Mademoiselle's suspect list. At least not until Guzma had levied his vote. Then Rui had gotten mad, furious even... The reaction had surprised him, to say the least.

Why did the voting order matter so much? It came down to a coin flip of who to vote out first, Rui or Kora. If the day didn't end, then vote out the other. Why did voting Rui first become so much trouble? With... with Amy gone, there was no way for messages to be distributed during the night (or so he assumed, based on her role, a Satellite, used to bounce messages and relay them to other parties), so Rui's abilities were null. There were no players left to communicate with, and not like any would come forward after the reveal of her powers. Unless she was either the Mafia or the hostile Third Party herself, in which case she would have one more day to strike during the night.

Steven nodded to himself. Unless one of the other Aliens was lying, and they hid their ability to kill, Both Rui and Kora had to have killing powers, unless Mafia was granted two shots each night, which Mademoiselle pointed out was unlikely.

He found himself nodding along with Guzma's words. A pang struck across his chest as he thought of Amy, of what could have been a vote for that Palkia at the end of the previous day. Of the two killers, who was the most dangerous one left? He had already made one mistake. He wasn't going to make another.

"Unvote Kora.
Vote Rui.
@Bluwiikoon "
[[…are you kidding me.

You’re going to vote me because I defended myself when Sind voted for me? Yes, I admit I got a little snippy—because I was not at all prepared for her to vote me, none of her reasons made sense, and her initial vote read heavily as “I’m just voting for you because I’m salty”, which…didn’t feel good. And, full disclosure, yesterday was a very emotionally raw day for me with family issues going on, so I was even more prone to snapping than usual. But I don’t think it’s fair to condemn me for defending myself. Seriously, I don’t know what y’all want from me.

What frustrates me is that none of you have any solid reasons to vote for me, I have done absolutely nothing but help town this entire game, and I’ve also been among the first to vote/sus Q, Abra and Fuse right out the gate. And it’s incredibly demotivating that I’ve been contributing so much to this game yet people are voting for me over an inactive player for…what, exactly? Vibes? I’ve already offered some explanations for why an SK could still be in the game, and it’s been obvious from the beginning that this particular game is not your typical setup.

But every single explanation I’ve given has been blatantly ignored and not considered for one second, so I don’t know why I’m trying anymore.

Nothing I say is apparently going to mean anything, so I’m just gonna leave and come back at the EOD. If I get lynched, cool, I guess. Can’t say I didn’t try.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[Ah, that wasn't supposed to be an OOC accusation. I just wanted to have some RP fun.]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Not going to be posting until near EOD. Not feeling up to RP at this point, either. Sorry, Bench.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[It's ok. Sorry for stressing you.]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
and her initial vote read heavily as “I’m just voting for you because I’m salty”, which…didn’t feel good. And, full disclosure, yesterday was a very emotionally raw day for me with family issues going on, so I was even more prone to snapping than usual.
[[Yellow, please know and understand that my vote on you is quite literally nothing personal. I’m not salty, I’m not mad, i’m in no way out to gun for you on that kind of level; this is purely in-game logic and what makes sense in my head. I’m sorry if I said or did anything that made you feel like it was personal, that 100% was never my intention and I wouldn’t want to add to whatever stress you’re feeling.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I'm sorry Yellow, I don't mean for any of this to be an attack against you. I'll explain all of my reasoning here, no RP, complete transparency. I haven't been ignoring you, and I do have reasons. Here they are.

I am voting for you today because of the way I think the game has played out thus far. Right now there are six players remaining. One Town, three Alien, and two unconfirmed players. I am grouping you in with unconfirmed because your role is the one I am least familiar with. My original buddy, Equi, shared their role PM with me, and based on what I knew from that, and also how the rest of the game has been played, I believe Inke, Bench, and Sind are indeed all Aliens of some kind. Bench has a modifier, Sind and Inke do not.

However, that doesn't mean I completely trust them, either. The only problem is, there is nothing I can do about it. Per all of the role PMs about Aliens, they all have an alternate win-condition wherein if they are voted out after being shot once, they will go berserk and end the game, resulting in a Town loss. I want to avoid that.

So I devised the end game strategy around the remaining non-Alien players: you and Fuze. Based on my understanding of the role PM Village Victory condition, there is a Mafia aligned player still in the game. I don't believe a Third Party player is considered Mafia aligned, as Equi (and other Alien's) role PM listed them as follows:
You are a Satellite Alien! Your alignment is Third-party, but you will win if Town wins.
It specifically states Alien is considered a Third-Party alignment. Not Mafia. I doubt if there is a Third Party hostile, they are considered Mafia aligned, either. Full disclosure, despite Inke's (also) Towny play, I am paranoid that they may have some kind of killing power as a Third Party. Their win-con is most likely not aligned with *either* Town or Mafia, like a SK but granted the OSBP protection of an Alien, so Town-flavored play is expected. Two things stood out to me about their play. 1: bussing hard for a town lynch on the first day. With all of the information still so uncertain it felt scummy to try to push a vote that day. And 2: no hesitation on their part to agree with me (and you) to vote for Fuze despite faulty logic that Fuze as a Third-Party killer was most likely while also having you be Innocent (which based on my interpretation of the role PM info, is impossible). But as stated earlier, there is nothing I can do about it. They've been shot once, and I cannot risk voting them out and ending the game with a loss.

Which brings me to my strategy and reason for voting for you. Between you and Fuze, at least one of you is guilty as the last Mafia-aligned player. I (hopefully) have figured right that even if I guess wrong on the first person to vote out, there will still be a Town majority to vote the second person out on the following day. So, it comes down to who to vote first.

Personally, I would be Not Very Happy:tm: if Fuze is Mafia aligned and has skirted under the radar the whole game because of inactivity. Because I have been able to interact with you during this game, I have things to consider when making my decision. I suspected Bench's "only able to message bad guys" ability early on, along with Equi, after Bench revealed "he was too scared to try messaging". With his role as "Troll Alien" I can only wonder about your own role, which does seem redundant, but potentially misleading on purpose. To either cause a mislynch and raise the chance of an Alien "bad ending" or cause you to suspect other players, specifically Bench, for replying to your message. Either that, or you are being untruthful about some part of your rolePM and I have no way of knowing because I am unfamiliar with your role (from which you already hid Fuze as your buddy, which you did explain why though it feels flimsy to me, given your suspicions of him. I would have expected you to throw Fuze under the bus wholeheartedly)

Also it's true I was surprised that for my own suggestion that you were suspect #2 on my read list you did not react the same way as when Sind voted for you (which I am also being truthful, at the time it was a coinflip for me on who to vote first, you or Fuze.) That reaction from you, intentional or not, did read as scummy per the way I've seen other cornered mafia players play, see Phan in the last mafia game. Because of that, I am choosing to vote for you first.

If I am wrong, I accept full blame, and I hope my mental gymnastics were right and it won't matter in the long run, with the remaining players able to vote out Fuze the following night.

Please, it's nothing personal, and I realize this game is stressful and being accused of anything is never fun. I truly do believe this is Town's best chance to win, it doesn't make me enjoy saying these things.

Inke, Sind, Bench, if any of you have some kind of crazy OP Alien murdering powers and have achieved a position in which it's impossible for Town to vote you out, thus basically securing you a victory, congrats, GG, that's impressive play. Fuze, if you're reading this and you are Mafia, pick an Alien to shoot tonight and maybe we can at least prevent the Third-Party killer from winning.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
However, that doesn't mean I completely trust them, either. The only problem is, there is nothing I can do about it. Per all of the role PMs about Aliens, they all have an alternate win-condition wherein if they are voted out after being shot once, they will go berserk and end the game, resulting in a Town loss. I want to avoid that.
[[Bench has not been shot, which is part of why I gunned for him so aggressively after the whole explosion deal.

Kind of frustrating that the only reason I’m being sussed, from the sounds of it, is because literally every other player has some sort of “mechanical confirmation” and I’m the unfortunate soul that doesn’t. Yet you’re all talking as though that proves behind a shadow of a doubt that those with mechanical evidence are innocent, despite the fact that that doesn’t actually mean anything at all, save for the Telemarketer’s letters, and the only one who has one of those is you, Pano. Incredibly frustrating that nobody is willing to consider any other situation despite the fact that nobody besides you is actually legitimately confirmed innocent.

And again, it kind of sucks that Fuse gets a pass solely because he hasn’t done anything all game. Meanwhile, I’ve busted my butt and am now suspicious for it. Sue me, I guess.

Hhh idk why I even bothered to post again lol. It’s not going to change anyone’s mind and at this point I probably just look whiny to everyone. See y’all at EOD.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Two things stood out to me about their play. 1: bussing hard for a town lynch on the first day. With all of the information still so uncertain it felt scummy to try to push a vote that day. And 2: no hesitation on their part to agree with me (and you) to vote for Fuze despite faulty logic that Fuze as a Third-Party killer was most likely while also having you be Innocent (which based on my interpretation of the role PM info, is impossible).

[[There are a couple things I want to contest here. Your first point is simply a matter of playstyle, it's not scummy just because they differ. I am generally against abstaining D1 as I consider it a sure-fire way of giving anti-town factions an advantage over town and if there is a player I would comfortably vote for D1 because their play comes off as scummy, I'm going to vote for them and yes, "let's out all the Bulletproof players" was a take that made me more than happy to vote for DW.

The thing that was making me consider that all we have left to deal with is a hostile TP is that normally in games, Town only wins when all threats to Town are eliminated, including said TPs. From a purely game-balance perspective, it seems unfair/unbalanced for the TP to immediately lose when all Mafia are eliminated, which is why I don't think it as very far-fetched to consider the possibility that it's all we have left to deal with. Yes, it's weird when we factor in that the village victory win-con only states "Mafia-aligned" but it could be entirely possible that this rogue TP had a Mafia-aligned win-con just like the aliens having a town-aligned win-con meaning that the term "Mafia-aligned" could've been indicative of win-con not alignment. Alternatively, there could just be no hostile TP at all, but at that point, what was the point of having both Yellow's role and the Satellite?

There's also something else that makes me somewhat doubtful of scum!Yellow and that's the buddy chats. Sind has confirmed to us that Q and Abra were together in a buddy-chat and was shot immediately after joining said chat, meaning that it was most likely this game's substitute for the scumchat, meaning that if there was a third Mafia member, said member wouldn't have been able to communicate with them, which goes against the point of Mafia unless they were a hidden Traitor, however, Traitor is considered to be a role, and we know for certain that Yellow has a different role.

It's for all these reasons why I'm more comfortable voting for Fuse over Yellow as no matter what, Fuse is anti-town based purely on process of elimination while with Yellow, it's more of a gamble until we get the confirmation of her being scum with the game not ending.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[Bench has not been shot, which is part of why I gunned for him so aggressively after the whole explosion deal.

Kind of frustrating that the only reason I’m being sussed, from the sounds of it, is because literally every other player has some sort of “mechanical confirmation” and I’m the unfortunate soul that doesn’t. Yet you’re all talking as though that proves behind a shadow of a doubt that those with mechanical evidence are innocent, despite the fact that that doesn’t actually mean anything at all, save for the Telemarketer’s letters, and the only one who has one of those is you, Pano. Incredibly frustrating that nobody is willing to consider any other situation despite the fact that nobody besides you is actually legitimately confirmed innocent.

And again, it kind of sucks that Fuse gets a pass solely because he hasn’t done anything all game. Meanwhile, I’ve busted my butt and am now suspicious for it. Sue me, I guess.

Hhh idk why I even bothered to post again lol. It’s not going to change anyone’s mind and at this point I probably just look whiny to everyone. See y’all at EOD.]]
[[That's a valid point about Bench. Tetra did vouch for them, though, specifically collaborating with them in making their message to send to try to catch suspicious players, which worked, we found Abra, who then uhh, yeah...

Re: using a "mechanical confirmation" as a basis of innocence. Definitely not. I have explained I *am* suspect of some confirmed players.

As for being sussed because of no mechanical confirmation, that's true. That's true for the other players town has voted for as well, including DW, kyeugh, and Abra. Unfortunately, you being paired with Fuze means neither of you have confirmation, and that's why both of you are on my "vote for" list.

I did outline a bunch of other reasons I am sussing you that are related to your gameplay as well. I'm sussing another player who has played a pretty darn excellent town, too. (does this game make me hella paranoid? you bet) Mafia is hard. You have to go off of reads and vibes sometimes, other times there are roles to gain information, other times there have to be chances taken based on what is known. I abstained from voting both other days because I was terrified of activating an Alien win-con that I may or may not have known about. Was that the right thing to do?? Who knows, probably not, I'm not a very experienced Mafia player... Am I screwing this up too? Who knows.

The two best players here are the two players I'm most suspect of. Are they telling the truth? Are they very good at Mafia and able to manipulate a newbie player into doing the wrong thing? I don't know. There's a third player who isn't even here so I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to do about that when it comes to anything.

Someone here is lying. They have to be, because the game is still happening. How you're supposed to call someone out for lying and feel good about it I don't even know.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[There are a couple things I want to contest here. Your first point is simply a matter of playstyle, it's not scummy just because they differ. I am generally against abstaining D1 as I consider it a sure-fire way of giving anti-town factions an advantage over town and if there is a player I would comfortably vote for D1 because their play comes off as scummy, I'm going to vote for them and yes, "let's out all the Bulletproof players" was a take that made me more than happy to vote for DW.

The thing that was making me consider that all we have left to deal with is a hostile TP is that normally in games, Town only wins when all threats to Town are eliminated, including said TPs. From a purely game-balance perspective, it seems unfair/unbalanced for the TP to immediately lose when all Mafia are eliminated, which is why I don't think it as very far-fetched to consider the possibility that it's all we have left to deal with. Yes, it's weird when we factor in that the village victory win-con only states "Mafia-aligned" but it could be entirely possible that this rogue TP had a Mafia-aligned win-con just like the aliens having a town-aligned win-con meaning that the term "Mafia-aligned" could've been indicative of win-con not alignment. Alternatively, there could just be no hostile TP at all, but at that point, what was the point of having both Yellow's role and the Satellite?

There's also something else that makes me somewhat doubtful of scum!Yellow and that's the buddy chats. Sind has confirmed to us that Q and Abra were together in a buddy-chat and was shot immediately after joining said chat, meaning that it was most likely this game's substitute for the scumchat, meaning that if there was a third Mafia member, said member wouldn't have been able to communicate with them, which goes against the point of Mafia unless they were a hidden Traitor, however, Traitor is considered to be a role, and we know for certain that Yellow has a different role.

It's for all these reasons why I'm more comfortable voting for Fuse over Yellow as no matter what, Fuse is anti-town based purely on process of elimination while with Yellow, it's more of a gamble until we get the confirmation of her being scum with the game not ending.]]
[[I can agree on that being a playstyle difference because I didn't agree with you wanting to do that. I can also agree that idk even what playstyle I have or what people should have or any sort of mafia meta.

If what you're saying about hostile TP roles is true, then it is perhaps an issue I have with the wording of the role PMs. I still am inclined to believe the choice of words was intentional stating "Mafia-aligned" being eliminated as a Town win condition. There have been a lot of really custom really unique things in this game. It doesn't feel out of the realm of possibility to have a unique hostile TP win condition.

As for Yellow's role, the difference between her and Equi's is that I believe Equi's role was necessary for Aliens to remain in contact with each other. Both you and Sind are unable to send messages, correct? Then Equi is the only Alien able to send messages exclusively to other Aliens. Yellow's role is a non-Alien contacting Aliens. Bench's role is an Alien contacting hostiles. I think the mess here with Bench's ability to receive Yellow's "bad guy" message is straight up trickery, a way to confuse the communication pathway and make it less clear. Without knowing about any of the Alien role PM stuff ahead of time due to being buddied with an Alien, I would be similarly confused about most of the game's mechanics.

All that aside, is there any reason why you would object to voting out Yellow first? Do you not agree that even if that ends up being a mistake, Town can still vote out Fuze the following day for a victory?]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Equi's role essentially was the Telemarketer but for Aliens, allowing for them to identify each other, Yellow's role serves a similar function but with TPs as a whole, either way, the roles are incredibly similar as they both provide a means of identifying TP players, Yellow is also able to root out the hostile.

All that aside, is there any reason why you would object to voting out Yellow first? Do you not agree that even if that ends up being a mistake, Town can still vote out Fuze the following day for a victory?]]
Yes, however, it is unquestionably safer to vote for Fuse over Yellow for one simple reason: voting for Fuse either ends the game or gets rid of one of the killing powers at play. While voting for Yellow could produce the same result, we are also risking a mislynch. The risk of a mislynch is reduced to near 0 if we vote for Fuse first, as we won't know Yellow's anti-town status for certain until we get rid of Fuse. Essentially, Fuse must be anti-town, Yellow might be town. Vote Fuse first.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Popping back in to say I’m sincerely sorry for being so snappy today and yesterday. I’ve been allowing outside circumstances to influence my tone here, and that’s not fair to any of you. I’m still not going to be very active here until EOD for my own sake, but I’m very sorry for any hurt feelings I might have caused.]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
VOTE LOG:

Sinderella votes AbraPunk. (#959)
HelloYellow17 votes AbraPunk. (#963)
IFBench votes AbraPunk. (#965)
Inkedust votes AbraPunk. (#966)

AbraPunk activates their ability, and detonates Equitial.
AbraPunk has perished. They are Mafia.
Equitial has perished. They are Third-party.

Any votes for AbraPunk and/or Equitial are cancelled.

Panoramic_Vacuum votes Fusion. (#1040)
(#) HelloYellow17 votes Fusion. (#1042)
(#) Sinderella votes HelloYellow17. (#1043)
(#) Inkedust votes Fusion. (#1044)
(#) IFBench votes Fusion. (#1050)
Panoramic_Vacuum unvotes Fusion. (#1064)
(#) Panoramic_Vacuum votes HelloYellow17. (#1064)

Fusion: 3 (HelloYellow17, Inkedust, IFBench)
HelloYellow17: 2 (Sinderella, Panoramic_Vacuum)

You have approximately 4 more hours for voting and discussion.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven have a world-weary sigh and sat down on a nearby bench. He sagged forward, head in his hands. This game, the toll that it takes. The paranoia, the worry, the fear.

There wasn't really much left he could say. He'd laid everything out, everything at ate at him, made him doubt others, himself.

Not that it would truly matter, his wasn't the deciding vote, and those who were being voted for were the two he was worried about.

The only thing, it was an if, and a big if, was if Inke was a third party killer, and if they voted Kora, and if the game didn't end, then there was no winning. They would all lose.

But that was still only an if.

Steven hoped he was wrong.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Fine, he figured. He might as well lay it all out there, the whole crackpot theory. That way they could see how far he'd fallen, how far down the wormhole he'd gone.

If the Yveltal was a killer, here's why.

Why had a player who had been shot the very first night, lost their only protection, lived for so long? Why had the Mademoiselle been so eager to supply their role information only on the very last day, and only after another Alien (Guzma) had claimed and shared their PM as well? Why, as an Alien with a win con that was active, so eager to vote out the most likely suspect to be Mafia (Kora), the only way for anyone in the game to stop them and their nightly killings? Why would Mademoiselle try to paint Kora as the third party killer rather than suspect them as Mafia, which they likely are? It all made sense, because after all, a Serial Killer blends in so well when they play just like a Townie.

If this all were true, and Steven hadn't completely lost his mind, he had to vote Rui today. Kora was definitely guilty. But if the Yveltal had blood on it's claws, leaving Kora for last meant they had a chance, if and only if they believed it was possible, too, and targeted Mademoiselle one more time.

Steven laughed once, an awful, desperate sound. It was terrifying. He'd been wanting to save his fellow players, and in the end he'd become the very thing he was trying to protect them from.

Top Bottom