• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Speaking of questions, she had one for Amy. “Oh, by the way! You can send messages every night, right? Did you send one last night?”

"I did send a message!" Amy said, "And I'm pretty sure they responded to me! Discreetly, of course. My last message was in Morse like the Telemarketer's. I told the Alien a way to answer me in secret today if they wanted."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[hey y'all. Blacklight is killing me rn, so I'm gonna be pretty absent. I have a lot of confidence in my buddy, though, and we've exchanged some notes. It's all good.]]

Could the telemarketer be a bad guy? A bad guy whose messages will only go to town?
[[Why would scum be interested in proving town players innocent? They just... Wouldn't use that power.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"These messages have been extremely useful in narrowing down who to trust," Mademoiselle mused as she began writing with pen an paper that had mysteriously appeared before her as if they were in her talons the entire time. "This game has become remarkably easy."

[[Final readlist of the day. As you know, my timezone puts me out of commission during the final hours of the day, so I'll be doing most of the important stuff now.]]
PRO-TOWN READS
As of now, the players listed under this category are the players I trust and would not vote for today.

MECHANIC CONFIRMATION
Steven—Confirmed by Telemarketer.
Opossum—Confirmed by Telemarketer.
Amy—Helpful Alien.
Guzma—Helpful Alien.

UNCONFIRMED BUT PRO-TOWN
Salem—Good play and the player sitting in the unconfirmed squad I trust most as their play comes off as extremely pro-town.
Rui—Play comes off as towny and seems to have the same or a similar ability to Steven. Makes me think that the ability belongs to Town as it doesn't seem to have much utility for Mafia.
Gen—Despite their play, I do trust Opossum's judgement leading me to believe in their innocence. However, I'm nowhere near as confident in it as I am with Salem and Rui.​

ANTI-TOWN READS
While some of it does come down to the process of elimination, these are the players who have given me reason to side-eye them and, as a result, would confidently vote for today. If any of my suspects turn out innocent, then I will question the unconfirmed players I'm currently town-reading.

POTENTIAL SCUM
AZEqui honestly put it into words better than I ever could. While their observations feel substantial on the surface, a lot of them are actually pretty vague/general when you get right down to it. A lot of it is talk about meta strategies but AZ doesn't really acknowledge the game at hand, instead preferring to argue with the people side-eyeing them rather than actively scumhunting.
Palkia—Upon reevaluation, their Doctor claim doesn't sit right and feels more like a ploy to stop Town from gunning for them. I also don't like the radio silence that followed after it was questioned. While the presence of a Doctor is normally nothing to side-eye, this game is not a standard setup and a Doctor with the amount of Bulletproof protection the pro-town players have feels excessive and heavily stacked against anti-town. Also the fact they weren't targeted at all despite hard-claiming is pretty damn suspect.

POTENTIAL SERIAL KILLER
Kora—Yeah, this one's mainly process of elimination. I know real life gets in the way of things but I am not a fan of how they've just decided "I don't feel like playing, so I'm not even going to try". It could very well be an attempt to fly under the radar but also the reason I think they're a hostile Third-party rather than scum as I feel that scum!Kora wouldn't be so flagrantly uncaring about the game at hand.​

"The Town's protection won't last forever so I think that it is wise to get rid of the one we suspect to be a Serial Killer now so that we can reduce the number of kills we see a night and give ourselves a better fighting chance as the days go by. I'm sure that mutt won't object, seeing that he doesn't even want to be here."

[[VOTE: KORA
@Bluwiikoon]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry realizes the others are right, scum telemarketer wouldn't make sense he supposes, unless its for figuring out who isnt a Serial Killer? That seems silly maybe.

Instead he mentions that anyone whose buddy isn't mechanically confirmed should be wary still.

Fry isn't sure, but after giving some long thought, he might want to vote Q. However he thinks that @AbraPunk being so quiet now is weird, and asks him to speak up. Who did he heal the first day? Did he get any random messages?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark

The fox sighed. "Alright, cool I guess."

[[Yeah, you guys got me, I made up that I'm cracking under the pressure of stress after stress irl to win a game. Awesome, what a detective. Pay no mind to how I'm also normally not an active mafia hunter whatever anyway because I'm just not good at that part of mafia. I'm actually a super secret genius that will lie about my irl situation to win.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"I did send a message!" Amy said, "And I'm pretty sure they responded to me! Discreetly, of course. My last message was in Morse like the Telemarketer's. I told the Alien a way to answer me in secret today if they wanted."
"Ah!" Steven perked up at Amy's words about her message and it's recipient. "Then that means there most likely isn't a role blocker. That's a relief."

Upon hearing the Mademoiselle speak, Steven's expression grew serious. "I do agree with a lot of your reads, your comment is well thought out. I also agree with your reasoning to revisit unconfirmed players as we learn more. Your reasoning for voting for Kona is sound, given what we know, however I will wait to see what they, and our claimed doctor might have to say."

Fry isn't sure, but after giving some long thought, he might want to vote Q. However he thinks that @AbraPunk being so quiet now is weird, and asks him to speak up. Who did he heal the first day? Did he get any random messages?

Steven's gaze flicked toward Gen for a second, before he spoke. "Like Fry, I too am curious to see if Pallia, or anyone else for that matter, received a message last night, now that we know the messages have gone though to the recipients. I think I would do a lot toward clearing some things up."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[now I really want to hear from Abra]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[I am genuinely baffled as to why you would vote for Fuze over other actively suspicious players like kyeugh or Abra.

Like, I don’t have a good read on Fuze either, but I’d much rather vote Q or Abra today because they are wayyyyy more sus to me. I’m not sure I believe Fuze’s vanilla claim but his irl situation is genuine and even if we weren’t taking that into consideration, voting him makes the least sense out of the three suspects, imo.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Actually, screw it, I’m gonna throw my vote out there because I want to hear from Abra and they’ve been weirdly silent the whole day, and the more I think about it, the less a doc claim makes sense.

VOTE: Palkia
@Bluwiikoon ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry isn't certain, but he thinks he also believes the strange foxes claim, for now. He is unsure if they want to risk killing 'Palkia' if Palkia is really a doctor.

Fry has a plan. And idea. Abra should promise to protect him tonight. If he dies, Abra lied. If he lives, Abra is either a real doctor, or the real scum can't target him tonight because they know Abra is a real doctor.

Fry also points out that from what he believes about Abra, Abra expressed doubt and confusion about all our strange roles, and while doctor is an easy fake claim, Fry believes letting him live might mean he also gets to live? Or someone does. Even if Fry promised to protect someone else who is guranteed to be town, like Stone man. Either way, the key is that Abra should publicly state who he intends to protect.

Fry is thinking of voting for the one called Q.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Good morning, everyone. I'm a bit busy this morning, so I'm going to comment on recent events semi-randomly.

First of all... after Fry's reveal, I 100% believe that Bench is not lying about his message claim, and I'm moving him to hardtown. Bench still could be some kind of scum who can send messages, but I'm willing to trust Fry's assessment of his innocence.

However, I'm not sure that their extrapolation about how the person who received Bench's message is significantly more likely to be someone who hasn't role-claimed. The person who received the message is likely to be anti-town, IMO. But, so far not much info has been given about Bench's role--the hypothetical scum recipient might have been worried showing they received the message would hurt them somehow. Also, ignoring it was highly effective: a lot of us were sus at Bench for a while. Therefore, I think the only thing we can glean from this is that someone wanted to make Bench look bad (which is another reason to townread them).

(It's not letting me easily quote @Inkedust's readlist, so I'm just copy-and-pasting the quotes.

"Rui—Play comes off as towny and seems to have the same or a similar ability to Steven. Makes me think that the ability belongs to Town as it doesn't seem to have much utility for Mafia."

Pano's role isn't like Rui's, actually; I was the one who gave Pano her information about Aliens. I generally agree with the sentiment on Rui, though.

"Kora—Yeah, this one's mainly process of elimination. I know real life gets in the way of things but I am not a fan of how they've just decided "I don't feel like playing, so I'm not even going to try". It could very well be an attempt to fly under the radar but also the reason I think they're a hostile Third-party rather than scum as I feel that scum!Kora wouldn't be so flagrantly uncaring about the game at hand."

[[Yeah, you guys got me, I made up that I'm cracking under the pressure of stress after stress irl to win a game. Awesome, what a detective. Pay no mind to how I'm also normally not an active mafia hunter whatever anyway because I'm just not good at that part of mafia. I'm actually a super secret genius that will lie about my irl situation to win.]]

Ehhh, I'm just not feeling a Fusion vote. Not that I'm townreading him, but I genuinely believe that he is busy. I know he hasn't been scum yet, but just in general his style is not, uh, quiet.

[[Why would scum be interested in proving town players innocent? They just... Wouldn't use that power.]]

Has passed, but yes. I doubt we have any reason to distrust the Telemarketer. They seem like this game's version of a Cop, and please, sussing the Cop usually doesn't turn out well lol.

"We know there are Mafia members among us, our role PMs were said to be truthful. However, how many Mafia members do you think we have in our midst?"
“I think…maybe we have three bad guys? Two mafia, and one rogue third party? Or three mafia and no third party bad guys.”

If your claim is true, Yellow, then I think it's very safe to assume there's a rogue TP. 3 anti-towns sounds right, though.

My two main candidates for today's votes are Q and Abra as well. For now, I'm going to vote: Abrapunk (@Bluwiikoon @AbraPunk), but mainly to inspire them to give us some info and thoughts. Friend, for me at least it's going to be easy to turn my vote from you. Just give us a little something to work with, please.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Fry has a plan. And idea. Abra should promise to protect him tonight. If he dies, Abra lied. If he lives, Abra is either a real doctor, or the real scum can't target him tonight because they know Abra is a real doctor.
? if abra is mafia theyll just not shoot you

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

If Palkia is innocent, scum can shoot someone else knowing they'll be unprotected, and then go for the mislynch.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
? if abra is mafia theyll just not shoot you
Fry nods. This is the point. He is trying to use Abra to make someone who is guaranteed town live another day.

Whether they lie or tell the truth they're useful. Fry decides to illustrate this visually.

Abra is a doctor: Hooray! Mafia targets someone else, knowing either Fry or Stone is protected. A Town friend lives one more day.
Abra is scum: He can't kill his target without revealing himself as a liar. So he can't shoot whoever he swears to protect!

This way, no matter what, we gain 1 extra day to decide. Today we can focus on one of the other suspicious people.

No one spoke up about a message, (which would theoretically help slightly exonerate someone), so he thinks leaving abra alive, even if they might be scum, can still help avoid killing a real doctor too early!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry nods in reference to his previous statement above.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
This way, no matter what, we gain 1 extra day to decide. Today we can focus on one of the other suspicious people.
an extra day without eliminating a mafia member is much, much worse for town right now than it is for mafia

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry points out that they probably have at least 2-3 bad guys. so one of the other suspicious people is also probably bad! Losing a doctor won't be good!

This plan gives them information and gurantees a town person lives.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Fry nods. This is the point. He is trying to use Abra to make someone who is guaranteed town live another day.

Whether they lie or tell the truth they're useful. Fry decides to illustrate this visually.

Abra is a doctor: Hooray! Mafia targets someone else, knowing either Fry or Stone is protected. A Town friend lives one more day.
Abra is scum: He can't kill his target without revealing himself as a liar. So he can't shoot whoever he swears to protect!

No one spoke up about a message, (which would theoretically help slightly exonerate someone), so he thinks leaving abra alive, even if they might be scum, can still help avoid killing a real doctor too early!
Rui chewed her lip in thought. “That does kind of make sense, actually. I guess it probably is still too risky to vote for Palkia just yet…”

Still, she really wanted to hear from him. His silence was making her anxious.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Fry points out that they probably have at least 2-3 bad guys. so one of the other suspicious people is also probably bad! Losing a doctor won't be good!
… if you’re right about “the other suspicious person,” which you aren’t. if we miseliminate someone else, there is a strong possibility the game is over for town. unless you are 100% certain you have completely solved the game right this moment, we don’t have enough room to take a chance.

Top Bottom