• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
“I, um, do want to say one thing, though. I think Mango truly believes Gen to be innocent, but…we have to remember that some of our buddies have to be lying. I don’t know if Gen is lying, because he seems sincere, but even if your buddy is acting like they’re friendly, that doesn’t mean they are.” Rui winced at the thought of so much deception. “The bad guys would have to be really sneaky, you know? Otherwise it would be too easy. And so far it looks like they’ve done a good job, because everyone has been protecting their partner. But they can’t all be innocent.”

She hated being the one to say this, but she felt it would be dangerous not to.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Blueberry's is innocent, and does have messaging powers. He talked to Blueberry for a long time to make a random, funny coded message to send!

Then Fry falls very silent. He needs to make sure everyone understood that. A bad guy did must have been the one to receive a message, but purposefully said nothing to make him look guilty. Fry hisses very angrily at Inke, who kept yelling at poor Blueberry about the messages. That seems very weird. And mean!

Then he looks at everyone else again and grunts, frustrated a little. Hopefully his next words are very clear. If nobody spoke up about random messages, and several people are confirmed 'town' or Third Party, then the bad guy must be someone who hasn't been mechnically confirmed.

Mademoiselle studied the message closely before closing her eyes with a slow nod. "I see. I only wished to apply pressure on the list of my remaining suspects, I understand your frustration with me. You're a clever little creature, so I'm inclined to believe you, at least for the time being." That narrowed down her list to the Palkia, zoroark and crowned man, though something else caught her attention. "You said you protected the Palkia, last night, right? Though from the start of the day, you claimed to have been targeted yourself. Were you some kind of bodyguard, picking Palkia as your target?"

[[UNVOTE: GEN
@Bluwiikoon]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
“I, um, do want to say one thing, though. I think Mango truly believes Gen to be innocent, but…we have to remember that some of our buddies have to be lying. I don’t know if Gen is lying, because he seems sincere, but even if your buddy is acting like they’re friendly, that doesn’t mean they are.” Rui winced at the thought of so much deception. “The bad guys would have to be really sneaky, you know? Otherwise it would be too easy. And so far it looks like they’ve done a good job, because everyone has been protecting their partner. But they can’t all be innocent.”

She hated being the one to say this, but she felt it would be dangerous not to.
Fry understands Mango's worry but reassures her, though he refuses to disclose at the moment, that Blueberry is as good as they come (and not a good enough liar to slip past his nose!)

Mademoiselle studied the message closely before closing her eyes with a slow nod. "I see. I only wished to apply pressure on the list of my remaining suspects, I understand your frustration with me. You're a clever little creature, so I'm inclined to believe you, at least for the time being." That narrowed down her list to the Palkia, zoroark and crowned man, though something else caught her attention. "You said you protected the Palkia, last night, right? Though from the start of the day, you claimed to have been targeted yourself. Were you some kind of bodyguard, picking Palkia as your target?"

[[UNVOTE: GEN
@Bluwiikoon]]

Fry grunts. He asks that one listen carefully to what he had said. He drew attention to himself to protect the doctor. He does not with to elaborate. His story remains. He was shot in the night and survived. Possums are good at playing dead after all.

He did his best to look dangerous because then bad guys would try to hurt him, not a doctor.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"I understand, I just seek more mechanical evidence." Mademoiselle tapped her talons on the ground again, deep in thought. "We have two active, killing parties here, seeing that two more bulletproof protections went off last night. I understand them being intimidated by the little creature's ability, but what of the second shot? Why the unkempt man rather than the linoone-creature or the claimed Doctor. Wouldn't a claimed or confirmed power be more ideal than a disrespectful fool? It's a bit odd, don't you think?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
After a long moment of thought, Fry hesitantly posits a question. Nothing in this game has been normal. What if... what if there's a single person who can strike twice at night to try and kill?

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"I understand, I just seek more mechanical evidence." Mademoiselle tapped her talons on the ground again, deep in thought. "We have two active, killing parties here, seeing that two more bulletproof protections went off last night. I understand them being intimidated by the little creature's ability, but what of the second shot? Why the unkempt man rather than the linoone-creature or the claimed Doctor. Wouldn't a claimed or confirmed power be more ideal than a disrespectful fool? It's a bit odd, don't you think?"
Rui pondered a moment. “Maybe…each of the shooters assumed the other would go after the doctor, and decided not to target him in case one of them wasted their shot?

Or…Palkia really is lying. What if we don’t have a doctor at all? I mean, with Mango’s blessings and almost everyone getting bullet protection…do we really need a doctor?”

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
After a long moment of thought, Fry hesitantly posits a question. Nothing in this game has been normal. What if... what if there's a single person who can strike twice at night to try and kill?
Oh. Ohh. Now that was interesting thought, but Rui wasn’t entirely sure. “It’s definitely a possibility. The only thing that makes me doubt that is my own ability. The fact that Amy can contact Aliens, but that I can contact any third-party seems to hint that there might be more than just Aliens out there. Though I guess that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re hostile.”

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"It could be entirely possible that this Mafia—curse them—has two killing powers, but Rui's ability insinuates that there are multiple kinds of Third-parties present. If there are, then I find it far more likely that one of them is dangerous rather than the scum having those powers." Mademoiselle kept tapping her claw. "A Doctor in a setup with so much protection seems redundant, the fact he wasn't shot at all is puzzling, and the zoroark's silence is beginning to concern me. Amy has outlined many reasons why I am currently wary of the crowned man, but he seems keen to engage with the ongoing discussion, unlike those other two."

Mademoiselle stopped her tapping and began pacing around the crowd. "If those three truly are innocent, then we will have to reevaluate the narrow pool of those not confirmed we have left. However, I have far more faith in the innocence of Rui and the purrloin than I do those three."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
However, I have far more faith in the innocence of Rui and the purrloin than I do those three."
Rui smiled at that. She was glad that Mademoiselle trusted her, and Rui was hopeful she could return the favor. However, she tilted her head. “May I ask why you trust Salem so much? Don’t get me wrong—I like her, too! But I was thinking over everything and…we don’t know much about her. She’s kept to herself a lot, and yet nobody has questioned her about it. Of course, I don’t blame anyone for keeping quiet, like Gen did! I just want to know what in particular has made you trust her.”

[[Just wanting to round things out a bit, because we’ve been questioning the same people a lot, but what if someone is flying under the radar? Q and Abra are pretty darn sus, ngl (idk about Fuze because of his inactivity, and even if he were active he’s always been really neutral even as a town player) but I find it odd that a lot of people are putting Salem on their soft town reads when…I’m not sure there’s much reason to do so?

This includes myself—I’ve been reading Salem as soft town pretty much the whole time, and it was actually while I was revising my readlist that this came to my attention. Her play style is very towny, and she’s been good at questioning people, but. Scum can do that too? Idk I guess I just want to know more about her. Not throwing sus rn, just observing things.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"She may be quiet yes, but she knows how to use her words. Whenever she speaks, she's always trying to say something, bringing up many new ideas and comes off as wanting to get to the bottom of this game. She's far less suspect than those other three."
Rui nodded thoughtfully. “That makes sense. She’s very sharp, and I really hope she’s on our side, because she makes very good points! Thank you for answering my question.”

Speaking of questions, she had one for Amy. “Oh, by the way! You can send messages every night, right? Did you send one last night?”

It seemed that nobody was very willing to come forward about messages today; Rui hadn’t been able to detect any responses to the message she’d sent, nobody had replied to Gen, and she couldn’t recall Amy mentioning hers at all. Perhaps it was better for people to keep quiet…but it did make finding the bad guys a bit harder.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
As Gen hugged the possum, he thought about home. The crackling of the stove flames when he cooked. The bzzt of the television when he was watching something with his family. The warm comfort of his bed when he was tired. The embrace of his parents whenever he needed comfort.

How he missed it all so much.

[Goodnight. See you tomorrow.]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
1633312255906.png

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Rui nodded thoughtfully. “That makes sense. She’s very sharp, and I really hope she’s on our side, because she makes very good points! Thank you for answering my question.”

Speaking of questions, she had one for Amy. “Oh, by the way! You can send messages every night, right? Did you send one last night?”

It seemed that nobody was very willing to come forward about messages today; Rui hadn’t been able to detect any responses to the message she’d sent, nobody had replied to Gen, and she couldn’t recall Amy mentioning hers at all. Perhaps it was better for people to keep quiet…but it did make finding the bad guys a bit harder.
Steven nodded along with Rui's words. "It is odd that of all of the people who can send messages last night, and did send messages, it seems like most of them did not reach their destinations...

He brought a hand to his chin. "The idea was floated earlier today, and I had worried about this very thing earlier in the game myself. Amy's power, the name of her role is "Satellite". If there was a roleblocker in this game, if all Alien correspondence goes through her, if she were blocked last night, might that cut off all messages except for the Telemarketer's?"

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
There was a lot to think about, the past few hours. A lot had happened, tensions had run high. New information was presented, new claims were made. Steven needed time to think through everything. He needed to go for a walk. Before he left though, he posed a question to the group.

"We know there are Mafia members among us, our role PMs were said to be truthful. However, how many Mafia members do you think we have in our midst?"

"By my count, we have nine claimed alignments/roles, ten if we include DawningWinds [Vanilla claim, Town flip]. Of those ten, two are definitively confirmed by the Telemarketer's messages [Possum and Steven], as well as the Telemarketer themselves, all as Town. There are at least two claimed and corroborated third-party Alien claims [Amy and Guzma], in addition to other message senders claiming roles related to said third party, of which I count at least two [Rui, who shared their role info, and Gen, who has not]. So far that makes seven players accounted for in some fashion. Two of the remaining three are standard role claims, one as doctor [Palkia], and one as vanilla [Kona]."

Steven ticked down on his fingers as he spoke. "That means of the remaining three members of our group, Mademoiselle, Salem, and AZ, one of them is the Telemarketer [Town]. That leaves two unaccounted for roles or alignments, one of which we knew was OSBP until they were attacked Night0 [Mademoiselle]."

"So," he began, "How many Mafia members do we think are in our little group?"

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
"So," he began, "How many Mafia members do we think are in our little group?"
Fry wonders if there might just be two bad guys. One 'Serial Killer' and one 'Mafia'! Scary! Or a lot of people are lying or...

Could the telemarketer be a bad guy? A bad guy whose messages will only go to town?

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Fry wonders if there might just be two bad guys. One 'Serial Killer' and one 'Mafia'! Scary! Or a lot of people are lying or...

Could the telemarketer be a bad guy? A bad guy whose messages will only go to town?
Rui frowned. “But…why would they be a bad guy, if their job is to confirm people innocent? It seems like a weird ability for a bad guy to have.”

She listened to Steven as he laid out the details and nodded along. She quite liked him—he was observant, sharp as a tack, and was very good at making sound arguments! Rui was glad to have him on their team, and was especially grateful that she could fully trust him!

“I think…maybe we have three bad guys? Two mafia, and one rogue third party? Or three mafia and no third party bad guys.”

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Mademoiselle tilted her head at Steven. "A claim does not prove anything by itself. I am almost certain that an anti-town player lied about their role to be rid of any suspicions so the Town could be distracted elsewhere.

"A scum telemarketer would be redundant, no? Scum know who their allies are while Town can never be fully certain without hard evidence, like the telemarketer's messages, an ability like that would be wasted on scum."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Mademoiselle tilted her head at Steven. "A claim does not prove anything by itself. I am almost certain that an anti-town player lied about their role to be rid of any suspicions so the Town could be distracted elsewhere.

"A scum telemarketer would be redundant, no? Scum know who their allies are while Town can never be fully certain without hard evidence, like the telemarketer's messages, an ability like that would be wasted on scum."
Steven nodded at Mademoiselle's points. "Agreed, a claim is not definitive proof. However, a claim is evidence of some kind, and now is the time to share anything that might catch them in their lie."

Top Bottom