• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen looked towards the possum, clutching onto Kora with one arm.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Rui pressed her palms into her temples. So much was going on… she forced herself to take a deep breath and waited for Mango’s announcement.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Equitial, you said at EOD yesterday that you felt "very good" about your vote on dw. i'd like to hear your progression on them, and what you think we can glean from their town flip.

Going to speed through my thought process: I wanted to vote someone, so needed to find someone to vote. Narrowed down my scumlist to a few people. Decided to vote DW, because they're abrasive and I wanted to see if people would defend them. No one did much, moved to Abra because I thought Tetra had a good point. Went back to DW. Their activity after being sussed didn't seem that desperate, so I considered them somewhat more likely to be Town but didn't have a stronger read. Then they wanted BP systems to claim, which if happened would have been bad for Town, good for scum. Therefore they rocketed back down in my reads.

Obviously, there's most likely a scum on the DW train. I think we'd all say DW made a big blunder, and why wouldn't scum jump on that? To me, a good scum play would be to cautiously encourage votes in a wishy-washy way, and then make sure to join on (but not too excitedly) when the train turns to an innocent. In my experience, scum also like spreading out a bit--so defending DW isn't a clearing move. But yeah, people who displayed the behavior I describe are imo more likely to be guilty.

I have not yet taken notes on the events leading up to EoD, sorry. But from the notes I do have, uA and Inke protown'ed DW before they voted--makes them seem less scum-ish to me. Yellow and Sind too, but more softly. Flyg0n and yourself expressed suspicion at DW but didn't actually vote. (Yes, you had some defense of DW, but people were confused why you weren't voting for them, so that speaks for itself.)

As for who I'm sus of right now, I'm side-eyeing Abra, Bench, Fuse, and then, uh, you.

There was something about your arguments about yourself and other players that niggles me, and I think I've figured it out. You say things like "okay, but do you have any strong evidence I'm sus," and, "do we have anything on DW besides vibes?" But, oftentimes in Mafia, there isn't ironclad evidence someone is scum. For example in the last game, I didn't townread Phan like most other people, but I never had anything strong against her. However, she was still scum. Also in the last game, Bluwii and I were both side-eyed for not saying much for our posts. I was innocent, but Town still took a chance on Bluwii and we hit scum.

I feel like you're kinda negating any suspicions against you: you say they aren't very strong, therefore implying they don't mean anything. But, they very much still can.

I also am leery of the fact that you're insistently reminding people how us roleclaimers could still be lying. Yes, it's true people lie in Mafia, but it also feels something like a distraction. You don't seem to be saying much on the other Town susses--just the roleclaimers. Making the Town suspicious of as many people as possible--it's advantageous for scum. And of course someone doing something theoretically advantageous for scum doesn't mean they are, but that doesn't mean I can or should just ignore this angle either.

(Also, I don't like you going after me. Ofc bc I don't think it's good if I'm lynched, but also because I'm protecting Pano. When I'm gone, so is the BP of a confirmed innocent.)

I'm just going to end off with a quick read list, which is similar to other people's. I'll post more thoughts about each player later, possibly tonight.

Mechnical Town
Flyg0n (Possum the living god)
Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone the human)

Townlean
unrepentantAuthor (Salem the Purrloin morph)
Sinderella (Guzma, ya boy)
HelloYellow17 (Rui the human)
Inkedust (Mademoiselle the human who looks like a Yveltal)

Null
Fusion (Kora the Zoroark)

Ambivalent (to steal Q's terminology)
IFBench (Gen the Oshawott)
AbraPunk (Palkia the Palkia)

Sus
kyeugh (kyeugh)

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry is quickly compiling his thoughts but is unsure of one thing. Has no one received a message? Is Blueberry lying or? Did a bad guy hide this? Why hide a random message... So much doesn't make sense.... Still, he must focus on his speech. He has a lot to say, since he's been thinking hard all day.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Fry is quickly compiling his thoughts but is unsure of one thing. Has no one received a message? Is Blueberry lying or? Did a bad guy hide this? Why hide a random message... So much doesn't make sense.... Still, he must focus on his speech. He has a lot to say, since he's been thinkign ahrd all day.
[[Either he was blocked, lying, or being made to look bad by scum. That's everything I can think of. Don't think it's that they were blocked, sounds super unlikely.]]

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
After some thought, Fry believes what Guzma said.

He trots over to Guzma and places a paw on his shoe. BLESS GUZMA.

Then he contemplated what the others said. He wants to make a list again, but he's busy.
He doesn't trust the weird man (Q) yet. He thinks maybe the nervous otter is telling the truth, most likely.

He seems new and scared, but doesn't smell like a liar, at least for now.

However he still has a lot to think on.
Guzma has been BLESSED.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
There was something about your arguments about yourself and other players that niggles me, and I think I've figured it out. You say things like "okay, but do you have any strong evidence I'm sus," and, "do we have anything on DW besides vibes?" But, oftentimes in Mafia, there isn't ironclad evidence someone is scum. For example in the last game, I didn't townread Phan like most other people, but I never had anything strong against her. However, she was still scum. Also in the last game, Bluwii and I were both side-eyed for not saying much for our posts. I was innocent, but Town still took a chance on Bluwii and we hit scum.
here's the problem with that. in d1, we have nothing to go on. you sort of have to make something out of nothing. when all you have is vibes, then all you can vote on is vibes. i get that. that's why i didn't really make a strong effort to derail the DW wagon. it felt weird, but it would have felt weird for anyone at that point. when there's a lack of information, you act accordingly, but that's never ideal. the hope is that doing so will provide additional information that you can use to eventually stop doing that.

and we've very much reached a point where we don't need to be doing that anymore. we have information. we have a wagon we can look at. we have confirmed townies, we know four different people who have been shot in the night. we have plenty to comb through. but it kind of feels like (before your post, which i quite like! more of this please) i'm the only one who's interested in discussing these things. the rest of it feels like we're still in d1, talking vaguely and nebulously about vibes and who feels most helpful, etc etc. that is the reason i'm talking about these things in the way that i am. we are not in a point in the game anymore where we need to still be talking about killing people because they feel vaguely bleh. we need to dig into the information we have. i'm growing increasingly frustrated that, no matter how much i say this, it doesn't feel like anyone is doing this. they're just pushing back on me and describing me as sus for encouraging it and trying to minimize vibes-based reads. and yes, i am minimizing them. that's exactly what i'm doing. because it's too late in the game, and we have too much information, to be playing the vibes game anymore imo. it is the weakest way you can hunt for scum and we have other stuff we can look at. i get the feeling you agree, and i'd like to talk with you more about what went down yesterDay and the wagon composition.

the rest of your post is nice. there's some good stuff in there and as i said i'd like to talk more about it. but... i'd also like to everyone else to talk more about it. we're not getting anything done quibbling about vibes and perceived contribution. we have an actual puzzle we can be untangling right now.

i'm going to unvote you for now, i feel a lot better.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
After clackling his teeth together loudly, Fry sits up and folds his paws together. He had hoped it wouldn't come to this, but he also anticipated this exact circumstance occuring. His dark gazes shifts to take in all the people around. One of them did lie. That much was confirmed. And he knew they would. Perhaps its good they did.

Briefly, he looks at Blueberry. He had hoped to avoid this. With one paw, he gestures to Blueberry and gives an affectionate twitch of his nose, and indicates that this poor, nervous otter is his buddy. And he knows beyond any doubt he is innocent.

He stops to scratch some very elaborate scrawls into the dirt.

Definitely good guys:
-Stone (Pano)
-Bench
- Him (fry) Telemarketeer confirmed.

The others mechncially confirmed Alien
-Equi (right?)
-Guzma

People probably safe thanks to having a role/not getting anything:
Yellow
Fuze
Abra?

People not confirmed in any reasonable role (but not necessarily sus):
UA
Inke
Kyeugh

Fry pauses, considering carefully how to phrase this. There's no choice, and he msut say what he must in order to explain anything. After all, he had to play dead last night to survive. If someone comes for him again... they won't be fooled. His expression becomes crestfallen for a moment. Tonight might be his last night. There is no option but to explain everything.

First, although he will not reveal the nature of his power, he would like to say that the things he did yesterday, and choosing to BLESS the people he liked, he did to draw attention. This does not mean he does not have bless powers. It means he used them when he did to try to save the doctor. To make himself look very scary to badguys. He can only hope that the doctor was a real doctor. Which he believes Abra to be.
He can also curse someone, but he has not decided who to curse yet. He is the only one who can invoke or dispell blessings or curses.

Fry gets onto all fours to pace around the group again. Then he looks at Blueberry again. He hopes Blueberry knows it was fun, hanging around, even if they had to be careful. Then he turns to the group again to explain another detail of their plan.

Blueberry's is innocent, and does have messaging powers. He talked to Blueberry for a long time to make a random, funny coded message to send!

Then Fry falls very silent. He needs to make sure everyone understood that. A bad guy did must have been the one to receive a message, but purposefully said nothing to make him look guilty. Fry hisses very angrily at Inke, who kept yelling at poor Blueberry about the messages. That seems very weird. And mean!

Then he looks at everyone else again and grunts, frustrated a little. Hopefully his next words are very clear. If nobody spoke up about random messages, and several people are confirmed 'town' or Third Party, then the bad guy must be someone who hasn't been mechnically confirmed.

Only a bad guy would have no reason to share if they received a random message, as opposed to a good guy or a third party getting it. All the third parties are very nice and are trying to help good guys win. Fry opens his jaws, angry. He believes someone who they don't know the role for is hiding that they did get a message.

Right now he really doesn't like Queue, but he's uncertain. However, he hopes this reveal will help the good guys!

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
You don't seem to be saying much on the other Town susses--just the roleclaimers.
also: yes, but that's the point. i have said some things about the other suspects, but i don't need to say as much because... i'm not the only one open to the fact that they're suspicious. i am the only one advocating for the possibility that certain claimed players are not locktown.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry looks pleadingly at the strange being called 'Palkia' @AbraPunk

If he's really a doctor... Fry wants to live. He doesn't want to die. But he also knows that if Abra is telling the truth, it is up to him who to save. And in the end, the people with really important powers should live, and the people who don't have protection.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen got out of Kora's embrace, then waddles over to Fry, and gives the possum a hug.

"I-it's all true," he said, his breathing finally back to normal.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
With one paw, he gestures to Blueberry and gives an affectionate twitch of his nose, and indicates that this poor, nervous otter is his buddy. And he knows beyond any doubt he is innocent.
Rui listened intently to Mango’s message, then nodded. “I trust your judgement. You’ve been very helpful and clever. And that was very brave of you to make yourself a target!” Though…she felt anxious. It had been a bold and dangerous move, and it was likely…that he wouldn’t make it through the night.

Tears stung at her eyes at the thought. Dream or not, Rui liked the little guy. She didn’t want him to get hurt.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry allowed the hug, even though he wasn't incredibly fond of them, it was nice.

Then he trotted over to Mango girl, and nuzzled her leg. It would be alright in the end, somehow. Even if he died, at least he could help things.

Then Fry began scratching even more notes into the dirt.
100% Nice:
  • Steven (Pano)
  • Him
  • Gen
Good town:
  • Equi
  • Guzma
  • Fuze
  • Yellow
Neutral:
  • Abra
Uncertain/Maybe Naughty?:
  • UA
  • Inke
  • QAZ

Fry, still displeased, looks around. Maybe if someone spoke up about the random message, they wouldn't be suspect, but now he's having a hard time trusting a lot of people! Something weird is going on. Only a bad guy would hide a message to make a good guy look bad.

Unless @AbraPunk Heard something? Maybe he just missed it! yes, maybe that was it? He didn't hear about the message thing and forgot to speak up. If so, thats ok! After all, he'd tried to protect the doctor? If he'd heard something that night... maybe he could say it?

Top Bottom