• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen's expression paled as the Yveltal voted for him. His breathing became rapid once more, and his entire body quivered. No, no! He didn't want to die!

“Hi there!” She said brightly. “I don’t know if I’ve introduced myself to you yet. My name’s Rui. I understand you don’t want to say everything about your power, and that’s okay. But can you tell me what you think of everything so far? Are there people you have good or bad feelings about, for example? And reasons as to why?”
He looked up at the voice telling him things are ok. His tail flopped onto the ground, tensed up from all the stress.

He hesitated, then took a deep breath, and said, "I-I'm really scared...I d-don't know who t-to trust, or wh-what to do...um, I h-had a bad feeling a-about AZ before, but, um, n-now I'm not sure...a-and I have a-a good feeling about y-you, Steven, F-Fry, G-Guzma, and Amy. I...I don't kn-know what to feel a-about everyone else..."

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Steven took a moment to pause, to take a breath. He wanted to believe the mystery man, he really did. He closed his eyes and said, slowly, "If you are concerned that my suspicion of you is unfounded and not dependent on your alignment, give me, give us something to help prove you are an alignment that helps the town's cause."
keeping to oneself is sometimes the correct move to make and it would be unwise to force my hand right now. your suggestion that not immediately revealing everything about one's role is actually harmful to town is mistaken and potentially dangerous. that's already more than i'd prefer to say for now.

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Mademoiselle looked down on the oshawott, who'd collapsed under her pressure. "Pitiful creature," she whispered beneath her breath. "This is what you get for lying." She faced the town again. "Unless someone can prove out the oshawott's claim, I have reason to suspect them. As for the rest of you..."

[[For sake of simplicity, I'm going to compile another readlist for the time being to let everyone know where I stand on them thus far. While I understand the skepticism of voting for someone purely based on PoE, I feel that pressuring players based on it is more than valid as it gives players the option to reevaluate their hard reads when things don't check out. Categorisation remains the same from the prior list.]]
TOWN (Mechanically confirmed)
  • Steven
  • Opossum
PRO-TOWN (Helpful TPs/Players who appear to have Town's best interest in mind)
  • Amy
  • Guzma
  • Salem
SOFT TOWN (May pressure if lower reads rise but currently trusts)
  • Rui
NULL (No read)
  • Kora
  • Palkia
SIDE-EYE (Pressure zone)
  • Gen
  • AZ

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I'm prepared to give Q/AZ the benefit of the doubt. There isn't an actual strong case against her, and she's certainly not more compelling a target than Abra or Bench to me right now.]]

Confirmed Town
uA/Salem (hardclaiming town, can prove myself if pressed)
Pano/Steven (telemarketing recipient, good play, consistent with last game)
Tetra/Possum (telemarketing recipient, good play, blessing mechanic)

Hard Pro-Town
Inke/Mlle (I like her play a lot)
Equi/Amy (checks out)
Sind/Guzma (checks out)

Soft Town
Yellow/Rui (UFO watcher role sounds authentic, I like her play)

Null
Fuse/Kora (his claim tracks with his lack of interest in the game. even if he's scum, he's not trying to sway the conversation or votecounts, so he's not a day threat if so.)
Kyeugh/AZ (I consistently like her posts advising town on sensible play and want to give her the benefit of the doubt for the moment)

Cautious/Mixed
Abra/Palkia (hardclaimed Doctor, so I'm reluctant to vote for them without mechanical evidence they're lying)
Bench/Gen (I never know what to make of Bench's playstyle tbh, and I don't like his reticence about his powers. I'm hesitant to press him, though, since last time that happened he hardclaimed cop and got deleted.)

Suspicious
Why is there nobody here? Someone be a dear and slip up to give me a scumtell or two, would you?

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora wanted to stand in defense of Gen. He wanted to believe, without a shadow of a doubt, that Gen was city, or whatever the good guys were called. But he had nothing to say otherwise and no one was trying to help him and the got damn bacon lady was treating the poor kid like a criminal because no one else was trying to help him!

The fox floated over to Gen, holding the bean in his arms. "...You're a bit of a jerk, bacon lady, right or not," he said gritting his teeth. She might've had a point, but her tact was nonexistent! "Would it be too much to ask that your high off belittling others from someone else, please?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen was so terrified, he barely even noticed Kora picking him up. After a few seconds though, he registered it, and hugged his friend tightly. "Th-thanks..."

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Salem's tail thrashed unhappily as she stared at the proceedings. The rules of the game meant that mafia players would still act like scared innocents, didn't they? No matter how afraid and small and upset Gen became . . . he and his Voice could still be a killer.

[[Cool roleplay. Still sus.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Gen's expression paled as the Yveltal voted for him. His breathing became rapid once more, and his entire body quivered. No, no! He didn't want to die!

He looked up at the voice telling him things are ok. His tail flopped onto the ground, tensed up from all the stress.

He hesitated, then took a deep breath, and said, "I-I'm really scared...I d-don't know who t-to trust, or wh-what to do...um, I h-had a bad feeling a-about AZ before, but, um, n-now I'm not sure...a-and I have a-a good feeling about y-you, Steven, F-Fry, G-Guzma, and Amy. I...I don't kn-know what to feel a-about everyone else..."
Rui wrapped both him and Kora in a hug. This poor thing…something in the back of her brain whispered that maybe all of this was just a trick to earn sympathy, but…he really did seem sincere. For now, at least.

“Thank you for being brave and sharing your thoughts! Your input is valuable, don’t be afraid to speak up more.”

[[I'm prepared to give Q/AZ the benefit of the doubt. There isn't an actual strong case against her, and she's certainly not more compelling a target than Abra or Bench to me right now.]]

She broke from the hug and straightened, squaring her shoulders. “I think…that’s a wise call. AZ isn’t in the clear for me, but I really don’t want to repeat yesterday’s mistake, and they made some good points in their defense…”

She trailed off, then side-eyed Palkia. “I—I don’t know what to think of you. You said you were a doctor and you healed Mademoiselle last night, right? Did you heal anyone on the first night?” She fiddled nervously with her necklace. “I don’t want to risk our doctor, but…I want to hear more from you and what you think. You’ve been really quiet, and claiming to be a doctor is an easy thing to say if you want to hide…”

Last but not least, she spoke to Mango. “I don’t know what your power does, but that’s another thing that’s been bothering me. With a doctor here, and with whatever your blessings are…that wouldn’t lead to anyone getting sick, right? If Palkia healed the same person you blessed?”

[[Pinging @Flyg0n and @AbraPunk for convenience. I want to hear more from Abra since they haven’t said a whole lot. And for Tetra…obviously I don’t want you to reveal too much if it will keep town safer, but with a healer plus your blessings, do you know if it can result in any sort of heal clash?]]

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Abra/Palkia (hardclaimed Doctor, so I'm reluctant to vote for them without mechanical evidence they're lying)
mm, i'm not sure how much i want to go here... but doctor does seem like a lot in a setup where everyone and their dog seems to be OSBP. that's not mechanical evidence, but it is making the doctor claim carry a bit less weight for me than an un-cc'd doctor claim normally would.

i have mixed feelings on bench. on the one hand, their roleclaim was pretty much pulled right from the sign-ups. on the other, that makes it sort of bold for them to lie about it. i do find it odd that their power seems to be so general whereas the other messenger's powers are tied to alignment (i think? this part is fuzzy to me)

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Th-there's more t-to what I can d-do, but...I-I really don't think I sh-should say it," Gen said, his breathing slowly becoming less rapid. "I-I think it'd b-be really bad i-if I did."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Alright," Kora hummed. "Can you, like, allude to it somehow? Like, if I had a power that made bread but wanted to hide it, I'd say I could work at a bakery. Or, if I had night vision, I'd say I could see darkness clearly. Or, uh, wait... are those actual powers here?" he blinked, tittering.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I don't know whether to believe Bench or not, honestly.]]

[[Anyway, I think the Doctor claim is sus. We have a shitton of OSBP and TPs and all the roles seem super fucking weird. I don't buy it. It's too Normal. Voting Abrapunk/Palkia. @Bluwiikoon ]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"...i-it's something r-really useful. I...th-think that's all I c-can say without r-risking too m-much," Gen said, his anxiety slowly fading as he was held and hugged.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[If nobody claims to have received Gen's communiqué, that's either because it was blocked, the recipient is scum trying to make him look bad, or he's lying. I don't know what to make of this 'I have a useful role but I can't say anything' shtick. It's frustrating that waffling, reticence, and lack of scumhunting are big scumtells for me, but they're also hallmarks of normal town play for Bench and Abra. Makes me suspect them every game.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"...i-it's something r-really useful. I...th-think that's all I c-can say without r-risking too m-much," Gen said, his anxiety slowly fading as he was held and hugged.

[[Not buying it. If your role was so useful, I feel that you would've tried to keep it quiet. I find it odd that as soon as some pressure was applied, you immediately began claiming to have something useful to town, which could easily be an attempt to garner some town-protection. Also yeah, the fact that nobody has spoken up about your message is a little off to me—though Jackie just brought up a few possibilities as to why nobody has claimed yet if you are telling the truth as I was writing this.

Your entire play today has been waffely and generally unhelpful, which is plenty of reason to suspect you, unproven claim aside.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"I-I tried t-to keep quiet...b-but you're a-all pressuring me to s-say something, and I-I..." Gen trails off, whimpering.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry let out a long, very loud scream.

He's very concerned about what is happening and polite asks fort everyone's attention.

He has an announcement.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[See, I don't know what to make of any of this because Bench has ignored some of my questions and been vague and repeated himself and refused to elaborate and generally been shifty, but that's also how Bench would probably behave if he had a useful power role for town tbh.]]

Top Bottom