• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"T-The hell're vowels?" Kora blinked, confused pretty much instantly. "You better not be makin' stuff up, handsome rock man."
Steven shrugged. "Ah, apologies, I didn't mean to confuse you. Please, though, if you've got something to share, even if it's nonsensical, I think we'd all like to hear it."

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Steven gave an aggravated sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I am taking them at their word, yes, but their word has been remarkably consistent across all stories and claims. Knowing how limited the Aliens have been in their communication, I do not believe they have any sort of method to coordinate their stories to such a specific amount. Because of their alignment alongside town, confirmed via role PM information shared by two confirmed Alien members, they have incentive to help town find scum, which they have been offering information to do so."

"I am trusting some of the Aliens because they have been helping. There are others who seem to be aligned with the Alien group but have not contributed as much, and for that I am leery that some Aliens may not be on board with their peers. That being said, I trust and believe in Guzma, Rui, and Amy. To the other Aliens out there, you are aware of who you are, I am cautious but I believe you are trying to help in the ways that you can."
that's fine. i don't have a problem with you thinking this. i just don't agree. i have valid reasons not to agree that i can explain later if this really, really matters to you right this second, but i don't think it's a productive avenue of discussion. my problem isn't that we don't agree and that i need you to be on the same page as me, it's that you're casting me as scummy for "sowing doubt" when really what i'm doing is remaining hesitant to clear half the roster on account of something for which i have no hard evidence and do not find personally compelling.

"To address your comments here, there was pressure from some members of the group to vote for someone on Day 1, and to my earlier point, DW's approach was not helping in the eyes of those who voted for them. As town, this is the same justification I have seen for voting for someone with less concrete information time and time again, and it is making me inclined to do the same for you today."
this... kind of speaks to my point. what you're saying here is "well we had to get rid of SOMEONE, and no one else had any other better ideas, so we just went with dw because something something vibes." that mindset presents mafia with the exact opportunity that they are absolutely praying to be handed. your takeaway from the events of yesterDay should really not be "i'm going to do it again to you."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Steven shrugged. "Ah, apologies, I didn't mean to confuse you. Please, though, if you've got something to share, even if it's nonsensical, I think we'd all like to hear it."

"I'd love to share anything, but I don't have anything and my Voice doesn't either. The guy that sounds like he's about a gentle shove away from flipping a house onto a table," Kora said, chuckling, then sighing. "Nothing I really say is gonna be of much use, either. Not good at reading people, or anything with people in general, or reading."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Blueberry? Gen...wasn't sure how to feel about that nickname. But he didn't have time to worry about that. He needed to figure out how best to help town. And with all this...he was unsure what he should do.

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
Amy supplied helpfully to Kora, "If you received a message that contains the phrase, 'aeiou', it's from me. I can send messages to random aliens. If you received something like that, you can share it and I can confirm your role. I also encoded my last message in message. If it has 'hehe' in it, you can decode it first."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
I'm working on a response for Q, btw.]]
]]

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Amy supplied helpfully to Kora, "If you received a message that contains the phrase, 'aeiou', it's from me. I can send messages to random aliens. If you received something like that, you can share it and I can confirm your role. I also encoded my last message in message. If it has 'hehe' in it, you can decode it first."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," Kora said, nodding as if he got it. He did not. "Yeah, no, the only thing I got in my mail was the mailbox. And that had my lunch. Which I forgot to eat, and also where I put it."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
that's fine. i don't have a problem with you thinking this. i just don't agree. i have valid reasons not to agree that i can explain later if this really, really matters to you right this second, but i don't think it's a productive avenue of discussion. my problem isn't that we don't agree and that i need you to be on the same page as me, it's that you're casting me as scummy for "sowing doubt" when really what i'm doing is remaining hesitant to clear half the roster on account of something for which i have no hard evidence and do not find personally compelling.

this... kind of speaks to my point. what you're saying here is "well we had to get rid of SOMEONE, and no one else had any other better ideas, so we just went with dw because something something vibes." that mindset presents mafia with the exact opportunity that they are absolutely praying to be handed. your takeaway from the events of yesterDay should really not be "i'm going to do it again to you."
"I didn't like the vote for DW yesterday. I abstained from voting specifically because I didn't believe we were in a position where we HAD to vote for someone." Steven grimaced. He hated this part so much. "If memory serves, there were individuals who were pushing for town to vote someone, namely Mademoiselle and Salem, I believe. I could be mistaken though. Because of that pressure, a lot of the others agreed, even if I did not."

Steven paused. He really hated this part. What he was going to suggest.

"However, as much as I don't like voting at random, I still don't like that you have not contributed any information other than your own reads of people. This is going to sound heartless, but if you have nothing useful to offer, at the very least if you are removed from the game we will learn your alignment and we have one fewer person to consider as a killer."

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

I encoded "my last message in message". Seems legit. Also, I encoded my message-wthin-a-message in Morse. The aeiou's are dashes, hehe's dots, and you can go from there.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[I have to go to an irl thing for a few hours, will be back later tonight to Discuss:tm:]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
"Y-yeah. I tried t-to send a ph-phrase in my message," Gen said, beginning to relax a bit.

Mademoiselle eyed the oshawott skeptically. "And yet, not a single person claimed to have received it. For some reason, I believe it's not true." Mademoiselle stood tall and addressed the rest of the crowd. "If any of you has proof of this, speak now."

She waited for a bit, to no avail. With a smirk that carried both her frustration and joy over commanding such a presence, she declared, "then, I believe some incentivising is in order."

[[VOTE: GEN
@Bluwiikoon]]

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
"However, as much as I don't like voting at random, I still don't like that you have not contributed any information other than your own reads of people. This is going to sound heartless, but if you have nothing useful to offer, at the very least if you are removed from the game we will learn your alignment and we have one fewer person to consider as a killer."
mm. "i think we should kill you regardless of your alignment" is probably the worst thing you could have said just now. just think about the implications of that kind of play for a moment, wherein your goal is no longer to eliminate scum but to kill people whom you deem insufficiently helpful by an arbitrary measure of your own determination. i understand now that you are not talking with me in an attempt to understand what i'm saying but are just trying to find ways to pick away at my points and justify your pre-existing read.

i understand that you're verified town by the messenger or whatever it was but that is probably the scummiest thing anyone has said in this game. i don't say this to incriminate you but to try to get you to seriously reconsider the way you're approaching this game and this read. this is not town play, you are hurting us by approaching the game like this.

i need to log off for a bit too and focus on some other stuff. ping me if you need me because i probably won't backread the whole thing if there's too much posting when i get back.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
mm. "i think we should kill you regardless of your alignment" is probably the worst thing you could have said just now. just think about the implications of that kind of play for a moment, wherein your goal is no longer to eliminate scum but to kill people whom you deem insufficiently helpful by an arbitrary measure of your own determination. i understand now that you are not talking with me in an attempt to understand what i'm saying but are just trying to find ways to pick away at my points and justify your pre-existing read.

i understand that you're verified town by the messenger or whatever it was but that is probably the scummiest thing anyone has said in this game. i don't say this to incriminate you but to try to get you to seriously reconsider the way you're approaching this game and this read. this is not town play, you are hurting us by approaching the game like this.

i need to log off for a bit too and focus on some other stuff. ping me if you need me because i probably won't backread the whole thing if there's too much posting when i get back.
Steven frowned. "I don't like this counter accusation because it was also the exact same reason used to vote for DW yesterday. Why were you not against how pushy those who were wanting to eliminate someone that day? I know you didn't vote, but I'm not asking that. I'm asking why you were not similarly reproachful of those who wanted the same thing yesterday?"

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

“I still don’t know how to feel about you,” Rui said, “but I think you’re making a lot of good points. This is a game where we have to second guess a lot of things, and I don’t think anyone should be accused of being a bad guy just because they’re trying to be cautious.”

She paused, then said to Steven, “I still trust you, of course! I just think that other man—ah, AZ? Has made some good points. He seems really sharp when he’s not…uh, saying random things.”

She turned to the nervous Pokémon, Gen. [[ @IFBench ]] “Hi there!” She said brightly. “I don’t know if I’ve introduced myself to you yet. My name’s Rui. I understand you don’t want to say everything about your power, and that’s okay. But can you tell me what you think of everything so far? Are there people you have good or bad feelings about, for example? And reasons as to why?”

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
Steven frowned. "I don't like this counter accusation because it was also the exact same reason used to vote for DW yesterday. Why were you not against how pushy those who were wanting to eliminate someone that day? I know you didn't vote, but I'm not asking that. I'm asking why you were not similarly reproachful of those who wanted the same thing yesterday?"
i was! i asked multiple times for someone to explain the wagon to me and repeatedly asserted that i thought they were just being weird town and that people were taking the wrong things away from their play. i wanted people to reconsider their votes. i was less assertive about it because i didn't know for sure whether they were town, but now we do know, and looking into that wagon is the best lead we have for rooting out scum.

i feel like that's kind of deflecting the point of my post though.

[[Is this just a recurring typo or a signal with game-relevant implications?]]
game-relevant, if i'm capitalizing Day it means i'm referring to an in-game day and not a rl one.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
“If I’m remembering correctly, I think he did try to advocate for DW, at least in the beginning. He said he was pretty sure she was town and just playing weird. But then DW kept making weird arguments…”

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
i was! i asked multiple times for someone to explain the wagon to me and repeatedly asserted that i thought they were just being weird town and that people were taking the wrong things away from their play. i wanted people to reconsider their votes. i was less assertive about it because i didn't know for sure whether they were town, but now we do know, and looking into that wagon is the best lead we have for rooting out scum.

i feel like that's kind of deflecting the point of my post though.

game-relevant, if i'm capitalizing Day it means i'm referring to an in-game day and not a rl one.
Steven took a moment to pause, to take a breath. He wanted to believe the mystery man, he really did. He closed his eyes and said, slowly, "If you are concerned that my suspicion of you is unfounded and not dependent on your alignment, give me, give us something to help prove you are an alignment that helps the town's cause."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
“Oh, by the way!” Rui addressed the group as a whole. “If anyone received my message last night…well, I’m still trying to figure out who got it. I don’t want you to expose yourself if you’re not comfortable—but if you can find a way to hint at what my message said in an indirect way, I’ll keep an eye out!” She spoke to Gen again. “And I don’t remember if I officially said this, so I’ll say it now: I didn’t get any messages last night. I’m sorry nobody has come forward yet— maybe they’re scared?”

Top Bottom