• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Currently thinking of voting AZ by process of elimination and what I consider to be untowny behaviour. Wanna give @kyeugh a chance to make a case against someone she considers sus, though.]]

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[I did a quick google search for Mafia roles that permit blessings, including variations on 'priest' and 'cleric' and I found very inconsistent data, none of which aligned closely to what we've seen Tetra do. At least we know from Modposting that her role is whatever it is, and not, say, vanilla.]]

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
what I consider to be untowny behaviour
?? can you expand on that? it kind of feels like your read on me is just passively decaying over time to an SR for some reason that you haven't really divulged (except for "memeposting ten posts into the day is scummy," which, ?) until i say something and then you're like "oh yeah" and back off for a bit.

Wanna give @kyeugh a chance to make a case against someone she considers sus, though.
unsure. this game is weird for me because with a few exceptions (which i'll disclose in a moment), i don't really feel anyone's play has been particularly towny or scummy. the way i see it, the majority of the discussion this game has been mechanical/setup speculation, which is something that anyone can participate in regardless of alignment. in terms of actual solviness, yellow is the only one who i've gotten real town vibes from. i've gotten some scum vibes from equi, but i'm aware that they kind of just Do That, and i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt considering they've been very forthcoming with their role information... for now. bearing in mind of course that they could very well be lying, but i don't want to go there right this minute.

my general thoughts on the state of the game right now is that people are clearing people way too easily on account of their roles. i've said my piece about the aliens already, and how they'd have incentive to lie about their town allegiance, but it's not just that. bench, for example, has really not been in the game much at all, short of a roleclaim that a) isn't alignment indicative, and b) i'm pretty sure hasn't even been verified. however they've managed to more or less entirely avoid serious scrutiny up until a few posts ago when inke started questioning them on, again, purely mechanical information. i don't know. i would encourage people to reassess their reads there and ask people why they're actually townleaning the people they are. i think this game is a lot less sorted than people seem to be treating it.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[That's a really good take tbh. When you post seriously I always find your reasoning to be pretty sensible, I confess. Will consider this.]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry does think its fair to reconsider somet things, but he's also just had a thought. He's been thinking very hard about messaging and the weird blue guy, the scared otter. Blueberry.

If Blueberry is telling the truth, and has messaging powers, and sent a message, is it possible it went to a Bad Guy? Fry points out that yes, its random. But if a bad guy got a good guys message after everyone wasn't sure they believed the good guy...

That would make a good guy look bad, right?

Fry paces in a circle, nose twitching fervently as he contemplates. He looks around at everyone remaining again. He still doesn't trust the WeirdTaillessQ, and he doesn't trust some of the others, but they also seem really good.

Maybe the Blueberry is a bad guy. Maybe he lied. Blueberry maybe couldn't even send messages, or he was a bad guy who could send messages.

Or. Fry plants his paw on the ground. Or Blueberry told the truth? He's nice and can send messages. But maybe a bad guy happened to get the message. And maybe they're not saying anything because they want to make Blueberry look guilty.

After all, there's no reason for a good guy to hide getting a message of any kind, right?

Fry clacks his teeth together, still anxious. This is all jsut a theory, and he's not sure if it helps, but he thought he should share anyway. This is all so strange.

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven scowled at the ground upon hearing the mysterious man's speech. Sure it made sense on some level, but not on others. It felt like that kind of logic made sense until at the end there was nothing at the end to help town find the truth.

"It sounds good," Steven began, "except you've missed the point. If we find and eliminate the Mafia killers, the game is over. If Aliens had some kind of win condition amongst themselves, why would they out themselves in the first place? They've been cooperative with the town players who are trying to solve this game. More cooperative than you..."

Steven fixed his gaze straight at the mystery man. It was not very friendly. "So far you've said a lot but done very little. You words, while sounds, sew doubt without posing anything useful. You've given us your take on everyone else, but please, I'd like to hear why we should trust you?"

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[for the record the above post is directed at @kyeugh ]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
After listening to Stone, Fry agrees, and gives the strange man (Q) a dirty look.
1633288225304.png

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
[[A lot of people have random-target PMing powers this game apparently. You might get a PM at random. Sorry to hear you're so demotivated, I really sympathise. For what it's worth, I'm inclined to trust your townclaim.]]

[[Aw man, there's randomly targetting roles and shit? This game should be so me, or at least so kora. Man...]]

[[I'm just gonna drop Kora in chat and see what happens, I do have other things elsewhere online that might take my attention.]]

The tall red bush named Kora fell head-first into a pile of sticks and twigs. "Wh-What'd I miss?!" he stammered, hacking up a branch. "...Breakfast? Wait, no, uh..." he scanned the remaining players, brows furrowed in thought. "...Are we winning? I think we're winning... no one died, right? Thank gods..."

His gaze fell upon the one that looked like he liked rocks, it was just a sense Kora got from him. He was even willing to bet this spikey, blue-haird guy had Rock or Stone in his name. "If he was a kind of rock, he'd be a... uh... igneous rock for how handsome he was. Or was it supposed to be hot..? How did geological pick up lines go again?"

It didn't look like Kora noticed he was mumbling out loud.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
"It sounds good," Steven began, "except you've missed the point. If we find and eliminate the Mafia killers, the game is over. If Aliens had some kind of win condition amongst themselves, why would they out themselves in the first place? They've been cooperative with the town players who are trying to solve this game. More cooperative than you..."
this seems to have missed my point, which is not that aliens are definitely bad evil scum that we need to eliminate, but rather that we are taking them at their word for no real reason, which is generally something you want to... avoid doing in a game based on deceit. this isn't really what my post was about anyway, and i already said i'm willing to tenuously trust the aliens for the time being, so it feels a bit weird to me that you're honing in on this point.

Steven fixed his gaze straight at the mystery man. It was not very friendly. "So far you've said a lot but done very little. You words, while sounds, sew doubt without posing anything useful. You've given us your take on everyone else, but please, I'd like to hear why we should trust you?"
i don't have a reason, really, and i'm not attempting to convince anyone to "trust me," whatever that means in this context. i'm just pointing out that there's no special reason to trust me specifically less than a good portion of the rest of the players at the moment, and i'm questioning why the suspicion is falling on me rather than someone else. do you have a reason for that? i sow doubt because it seems to me that most people's reads right now are based on nothing concrete or useful. that's not really good. i'd like for it to not be that way, and you should too.

kyeugh

Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
on a more productive note, something i don't believe anyone's mentioned yet is yesterDay's wagon composition. it seems likely to me that at least one wolf was on the DW wagon yesterday (enough to break the tie), but very probably more as i suspect it may have been wolf-pushed from the beginning. i'll need to re-read a bit to examine how that elapsed exactly. regardless, i think it's wise to eliminate someone that voted there today. i'm still interested in hearing what everyone's reasoning was for voting them.

i think it's extremely unwise to ever vote for any of [inke/sind] considering they are probably activated aliens, so that leaves [equi/yellow/abra/uA].

fuck it, let's get a little spicy.

Equitial, you said at EOD yesterday that you felt "very good" about your vote on dw. i'd like to hear your progression on them, and what you think we can glean from their town flip.

unrepentantAuthor

Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
[[Interesting.]]

"...Are we winning? I think we're winning... no one died, right? Thank gods..."
"Well..."

Salem looked aside, ears flattening.

"Protection powers have saved everyone the Mafia tried to kill, we think. But we voted to get rid of someone who turned out to be innocent while trying to find the attackers."

She sighed, bitterly.

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Oh, yikes," Kora cringed slightly, scratching his back with that branch from earlier. "Could be... worse? I think? At least nobody else got tossed in the spiritual trash can."

He tossed the branch behind him... it didn't touch the ground at all. "Might just be my optimism talkin', but maybe we'll get lucky and protect someone else again? I'd offer but the best I could do is ask the baddies nicely to not do bad and that didn't go so well last time, haha."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
this seems to have missed my point, which is not that aliens are definitely bad evil scum that we need to eliminate, but rather that we are taking them at their word for no real reason, which is generally something you want to... avoid doing in a game based on deceit. this isn't really what my post was about anyway, and i already said i'm willing to tenuously trust the aliens for the time being, so it feels a bit weird to me that you're honing in on this point.

i don't have a reason, really, and i'm not attempting to convince anyone to "trust me," whatever that means in this context. i'm just pointing out that there's no special reason to trust me specifically less than a good portion of the rest of the players at the moment, and i'm questioning why the suspicion is falling on me rather than someone else. do you have a reason for that? i sow doubt because it seems to me that most people's reads right now are based on nothing concrete or useful. that's not really good. i'd like for it to not be that way, and you should too.
Steven gave an aggravated sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I am taking them at their word, yes, but their word has been remarkably consistent across all stories and claims. Knowing how limited the Aliens have been in their communication, I do not believe they have any sort of method to coordinate their stories to such a specific amount. Because of their alignment alongside town, confirmed via role PM information shared by two confirmed Alien members, they have incentive to help town find scum, which they have been offering information to do so."

"I am trusting some of the Aliens because they have been helping. There are others who seem to be aligned with the Alien group but have not contributed as much, and for that I am leery that some Aliens may not be on board with their peers. That being said, I trust and believe in Guzma, Rui, and Amy. To the other Aliens out there, you are aware of who you are, I am cautious but I believe you are trying to help in the ways that you can."

Steven paused, considering his next words to the mysterious man carefully. "Yes, I am trusting the things I have learned. I am inclined to trust the things that you share as well, for the time being. Yet you have shared nothing. That is not helping, and those who are not helping are actively hurting, and the town does not have the luxury of wasting time."
on a more productive note, something i don't believe anyone's mentioned yet is yesterDay's wagon composition. it seems likely to me that at least one wolf was on the DW wagon yesterday (enough to break the tie), but very probably more as i suspect it may have been wolf-pushed from the beginning. i'll need to re-read a bit to examine how that elapsed exactly. regardless, i think it's wise to eliminate someone that voted there today. i'm still interested in hearing what everyone's reasoning was for voting them.

i think it's extremely unwise to ever vote for any of [inke/sind] considering they are probably activated aliens, so that leaves [equi/yellow/abra/uA].

fuck it, let's get a little spicy.

Equitial, you said at EOD yesterday that you felt "very good" about your vote on dw. i'd like to hear your progression on them, and what you think we can glean from their town flip.
"To address your comments here, there was pressure from some members of the group to vote for someone on Day 1, and to my earlier point, DW's approach was not helping in the eyes of those who voted for them. As town, this is the same justification I have seen for voting for someone with less concrete information time and time again, and it is making me inclined to do the same for you today."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
Kora raised a paw. "Does it hurt town if I don't say anything? Or if I say something that no one can make sense of? Like the alphabet?"

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Kora raised a paw. "Does it hurt town if I don't say anything? Or if I say something that no one can make sense of? Like the alphabet?"
Steven raised an eyebrow at the Zoroak's question. "Well, considering my big hint for the game was "Wow" "Deals", I think anything is on the table at this point. Although, about the alphabet... You wouldn't happen to be talking about just the vowels, would you?"

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"T-The hell're vowels?" Kora blinked, confused pretty much instantly. "You better not be makin' stuff up, handsome rock man."

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"...Whoever's voice that is, please tell them to stop speaking in slants, it's hard enough to hear words already," Kora huffed.

Top Bottom