• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Tefiren hissed in fury and rounded on the big dark bird, his front blades glowing. "I never heard you trying to tell me I was wrong about it yesterday! You didn't want to get rid of the thunder cat, sure, but you never tried to stop us! If you actually thought it was wrong, that it'd be this bad, you should have said something! You should have tried to convince us! This is your fault, too!"

"Does it even fucking matter anymore?" Altair snapped. "You wouldn't have listened to me even if I tried. You were so up your own ass about how 'guilty' she was that you would've considered any of her defenders Mafia instead."

He turned away from the grovyle. "We'll have to pick very carefully, unless you want to end up like her." Altair gestured towards Miyako's broken staff.

Also if someone could clarify what a Serial Killer does, that would be great because I don’t know off the top of my head what that entails.

[[Serial Killers are a Third-Party role that has the ability to kill off a player once per night. Think of them as a Vigilante/solo-Mafia who doesn't win until everyone else dies. There could potentially be a modifier here (like odd-night), which would explain why they didn't act N0/2.]]

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
“How do we know they’re an Arsonist?” Wes snapped. “What if they’re actually mafia?”

[[hello, yes, I’m not so sold on the arsonist theory. Namco is DEFINITELY sus but what if they’re a role blocker or strongman rather than an Arsonist?? I’ve asked twice now what Navar could have possibly been if not an arsonist and nobody has answered my question. Are we sure we are still dealing with an Arsonist here and not something else such as a Serial Killer like Inke suggested??

Also if someone could clarify what a Serial Killer does, that would be great because I don’t know off the top of my head what that entails.]]
"The messy Human said yesterday," Tefiren said between gritted teeth, trying not to snap at the funny-arm Human that he didn't think was a Mafia any more, "that it was strange that the white bird had still been so quiet, even after everyone had been suspicious of them for that. If they were a Mafia, the other Mafia would have told them to say more, to look better to us. And if they were a Mafia, we wouldn't have everyone agreeing they were suspicious and wanting to get rid of them, because the Mafia wouldn't actually want that. It doesn't make sense for them to be a Mafia."

[[What Altair said about serial killers. I guess maybe Namco could be that, if it's odd-night? Either way that means they can't kill anyone tonight and they are very decidedly tomorrow's problem.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"The messy Human said yesterday," Tefiren said between gritted teeth, trying not to snap at the funny-arm Human that he didn't think was a Mafia any more, "that it was strange that the white bird had still been so quiet, even after everyone had been suspicious of them for that. If they were a Mafia, the other Mafia would have told them to say more, to look better to us. And if they were a Mafia, we wouldn't have everyone agreeing they were suspicious and wanting to get rid of them, because the Mafia wouldn't actually want that. It doesn't make sense for them to be a Mafia."
Wes folded his arms. “Unless they wanted to avoid suspicion and just went with the flow,” he said flatly. “Jumping to their defense would have only brought more attention to them—if that Lugia is one of them, then they benefit from staying under the radar.”

Still, he had to admit the lively Grovyle had a point. Perhaps the Lugia was trying to goad everyone into voting for them tonight, when they weren’t an immediate threat, to throw them off the trail...

“They’re on my list. But for now, I’m keeping my vote on that damn Mewtwo.”

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
"Does it even fucking matter anymore?" Altair snapped. "You wouldn't have listened to me even if I tried. You were so up your own ass about how 'guilty' she was that you would've considered any of her defenders Mafia instead."
(the big dark bird was right, he wouldn't have listened, he'd been so sure yesterday and he'd been wrong)

"Then you should have tried convincing the others!" Tefiren snapped. "Even if you thought I wouldn't have listened, they might have! None of them were sure of it except me! Most of them didn't even understand why I should have been right! If they all agreed with you, then it wouldn't have mattered what I thought, because of this game's stupid 'voting' thing!"
He turned away from the grovyle. "We'll have to pick very carefully, unless you want to end up like her." Altair gestured towards Miyako's broken staff.
(Tefiren shuddered at the thought, at the reminder)

"Well, obviously. You seem to think you know these games better than me, but I know these games better than anyone here." He hissed more breaths through gritted teeth. "I'm not going to pick wrong today, or ever again."

(But it wasn't just about him. The others on his side needed to pick right, too. He couldn't win this on his own.)

[[Tefiren is not only talking about the mafia game here.]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
"Then you should have tried convincing the others!" Tefiren snapped. "Even if you thought I wouldn't have listened, they might have! None of them were sure of it except me! Most of them didn't even understand why I should have been right! If they all agreed with you, then it wouldn't have mattered what I thought, because of this game's stupid 'voting' thing!"
[[quoted these out of order lol, sorryyyy]]

“Gods-dammit—enough!” Wes hissed. “We made a mistake yesterday, alright? But we won’t get anywhere by fighting over it.” He tried and failed to get rid of the bitter taste in his mouth as he spoke. He couldn’t fault either one of them for being angry, not when he was so enraged at himself—gods, Chappie had been his only friend in this game and he had simply...given up on her. How pathetic could he possibly get?

He rolled the tension from his shoulders and forced his voice to keep steady as he glared the two of them down. “What matters now is what we do today. If we repeat the same mistake today...then we likely won’t even live long enough to regret it.

“That said...” Wes swept his gaze over those that were left. So few of them...

“If tonight it is the night that tips the scales—and I think it is—it might be time for all of us to reveal our roles.” He grimaced. “I don’t love the idea, but at this point, we need all the information we can get. If we vote incorrectly today, we’re all dead, anyways.”

[[Okay this might be a bit too bold and idk, maybe it’s a bad move. But if we’re this close to winning or losing, we might as well put all the cards on the table and see what everyone claims, no? Idk maybe this is a horrendously bad play and if is, please enlighten me. I just think that at this point, it’s all or nothing and we don’t have much to lose.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
So now the 'Lugia' was going to make a fool of itself? If the great Guardian of the Seas had been here to see that, he would've mauled the thing without second thought. How tempting it was to vote for it, but the grovyle was right, all it was doing was distracting everyone from the Mafia.

"Our biggest lead lies in our Doctors. There is a very good chance that one of them is Mafia. Of the three, Wes is most likely to be innocent based on his claims; which leaves Purple-tail and braixen...?" He paced around the bow of his ship. "I would like to hear from both of them before casting my judgement, but to try and root out Mafia, those two are our greatest leads."

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
“Gods-dammit—enough!” Wes hissed. “We made a mistake yesterday, alright? But we won’t get anywhere by fighting over it.”
Tefiren looked up in surprise at the funny-arm Human at the word "we". The Human thought it was his fault, too. He wasn't blaming it all on Tefiren, for being so--

so like Tefiren

“If tonight it is the night that tips the scales—and I think it is—it might be time for all of us to reveal our roles.” He grimaced. “I don’t love the idea, but at this point, we need all the information we can get. If we vote incorrectly today, we’re all dead, anyways.”
"I think so, too!" Tefiren said, trying to put his usual excitement back into his voice, trying to find this thing fun again. "We need to know what tricks we all have, and figure out the best way to use them! At this point, Them catching people isn't even really about their tricks - it's about... about numbers."

He couldn't keep the excitement there at that thought.

(why had he said "Them" again?)

[[

Honestly, half the reason I had Tefiren say that was for some fun RP and not because I'm completely sure of it myself. I'm paranoid and second-guessing myself about whether a mass-roleclaiming will help. But I agree that this might be our last day if we mess this up, so... I think it's a good call. Maybe we can root out some more mafia suspects from any inconsistencies in people's roleclaims, too?

help I wish more experienced people were around, people have been thinking of me as experienced but I'm not, last game was my first ever actual forum mafia game]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
help I wish more experienced people were around, people have been thinking of me as experienced but I'm not, last game was my first ever actual forum mafia game]]
[[I for one totally thought you were a veteran because of your confident play style and super in-depth RP! Color me impressed :quag:

Glad I’m not alone in calling for a mass role-claim. Real quick, I’m gonna lost out the claims we have so far of those left alive:

Wes: Healer (“Reluctant Protector”)
Tefiren: Bulletproof
Braixen: Healer
Mewtwo: Healer

uhhh...wow. Is that it?? Yikes 😬 Am I missing someone? Lol

Fusion

Oh knee on
Pronouns
Him/His
Partners
  1. zoroark
"Our biggest lead lies in our Doctors. There is a very good chance that one of them is Mafia. Of the three, Wes is most likely to be innocent based on his claims; which leaves Purple-tail and braixen...?" He paced around the bow of his ship. "I would like to hear from both of them before casting my judgement, but to try and root out Mafia, those two are our greatest leads."

"Those two my be our biggest leads as to who is the mafia healer, but I am more than certain it is the Mewtwo," Fusion hummed, crossing his arms. "I'd be unfortunate for the one that just showed up to have to die, but I find myself caring less and less as this game goes on."

The frost demon then looked to Tefiren, who he had chosen to ignore for the time being until he stopped shouting, then to the voice behind the Grovyle. "For what it's worth... aside from enabling feather head's ego and temper, you've done fine," he said, nodding towards Tefiren. "Better than whatever jackass uses me as a speaker against my will. Bet they have a stupid name or something, too. And they probably aren't funny either."

"That aside, Wes is right. We must stick together and think before we screw all of this over. We can get a handle on out bird problem after we smoke out some mafia and get to a safer position. Honestly, Lugia is probably heading off to find a television playing old shows from... hell if I know what time, the mid 2000s?"

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
[[I for one totally thought you were a veteran because of your confident play style and super in-depth RP! Color me impressed :quag:
[[Heh, thanks. I guess that's partly down to me having spectated a fair few of these sorts of role-heavy forum games in the past, so I know a few things about the meta (though it's very different to actually be playing), and partly down to my ADHD happening to have made me hyperfixate on this game to an arguably unhealthy degree, whoops.

(and if I hadn't then you'd all probably have lynched Namco yesterday and we wouldn't be in this mess, I am feeling just as guilty about this as Tefiren is)

The RPing is just because I love Tefiren and he is delightfully suited for mafia games in general, and that several of the things in this game in particular have just happened to be very relevant to his issues (<3 Miyako, still sad)]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
[[Iii should probably take a moment to defend myself before I have to head off for the night so I don't get a lynchtrain on my head tomorrow :rowlanxiety:

Elyvorg: And also - this part obviously not typed up last night - since I'm willing to believe in Mewtwo right now, I am rather side-eyeing Braixen for this. Coming in immediately claiming "oh hey guys I'm also a healer and oh no I almost tried to save Dave, how terrible" feels very like something that the doctor belonging to the mafia who'd just killed Dave to throw suspicion on Mewtwo would do.

Yeah this was a terrible decision in hindsight. It was pretty much a combination of "Wait WHAT I SHOULD HAVE [brain mush]" and "I should stop sitting on my role ASAP because there's no way there are three town doctors and we need to lynch at least one mafia today", with the second one being what drove me to post it despite how obviously sus it sounded.

As for my actions the previous day and night:
- So far as I know, nothing was actually done before I got the role.
- I had the opportunity to move the night I got it, but refrained because I had no clue what the terrain was and didn't want to risk helping mafia by blindly throwing a kill.
- I had the opportunity to roleclaim the first day I was there, but didn't because (A) I hadn't gotten my bearings enough to realize that would have been useful information :] and (B) I (selfishly) figured that a healer role would be a large mafia/sus target and didn't want to be lynched/nightkilled
before I'd gotten to actually do anything.
- I had the opportunity to protect a single person per night (with the threat of an overdose if another doctor picked my target). I refrained from Dragonfree because I had figured that assuming Mewtwo was mafia, they wouldn't kill Free and egg on that train when they were clearly winning (and also the threat of an OD if someone else tried to counter that way -- maybe the mafia was going to kill a less conspicuous person and send a healer on DF hoping one of the town doctors would heal them and score a second kill). I instead chose to heal Inkedust, on the grounds that they also seemed to have a few theories they were pushing. ]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
[[Okay this might be a bit too bold and idk, maybe it’s a bad move. But if we’re this close to winning or losing, we might as well put all the cards on the table and see what everyone claims, no? Idk maybe this is a horrendously bad play and if is, please enlighten me. I just think that at this point, it’s all or nothing and we don’t have much to lose.]]

[[Okay, so I've been considering this for a bit, because I also have no clue on whether or not this is a good idea but after some thinking, I realised that I don't have as much to lose with claiming my role than some others here. So fuck it, I'm going to bite the bullet and claim—in character, of course.]]

Altair tilted his head back, gazing up at the featureless sky. "Well, I may as well tell you lot since I sure as hell have nothing to lose by revealing this one,' he chuckled. "Never even bothered alluding to it as to be frank, in a game filled with abilities that allow you to see one’s true colours, set others ablaze or even cheat death, I, frankly, drew the short straw. Since this is a game where roles can be blocked or potentially stopped without a moment’s notice"—he gestured towards the nickit—"I'm the one responsible for seeing if they went through or not. Hasn't been of much use so far, but it might help if the nickit choose to stop abilities." He shrugged, not even hiding the jealous look in his eyes. "I ain’t counting on it though."

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Ok, gonna post some reads but in greater detail since my last reads list was pretty bare bones.

Hard Town:
•Nefari: solid roleclaim, play style has been town-friendly
•Tefiren: same as Nefari

Soft Town:
•Altair: He was the first to start the Namco voting train on D3 and actively defended Chappie. He was also one of the only ones defending Wes when he was actively under suspicion. He hasn’t role-claimed yet, but that won’t be enough for me to suspect him unless he actively dodges role-claiming until EoD; in which case, I’ll be a bit wary.

Null:
•Alexander: While his playstyle has been fairly town-friendly, he’s also managed to remain...decently low-key, I think. He’s very nearly in my soft-town list, and has been for a while, for a couple reasons: 1) he defended Chappie. He eventually caved and voted for her, but expressed his displeasure at doing so. 2) He also somewhat defended Wes when he came under suspicion. HOWEVER, these have both been pretty low-key arguments and he managed to not draw too much attention to himself in either case; I want to believe he’s town, but he could also just be a very stealthy and skillful Mafia player. Will wait to see if/what he role-claims by EoD.
Fusion: Very neutral playstyle so far, and honestly haven’t had much time to read him. Will also be paying attention to if/what he role-claims.
Kyros: I’ll admit he’s very nearly on my “suspicious” list, but there’s not quite enough for me to put him there. However, on D3, he was fairly suspicious of Wes, Chappie, Seren, and...Namco? Of which three out of four are innocent, and Namco makes a pretty easy scapegoat since they were both lurking and may actually be third party anyway. That, and, similar to Alexander, his playstyle has been town-friendly yet fairly low-key and “go with the flow” for the most part. Will be watching for his roleclaim or lack thereof.

Suspicious:
Braixen: Mostly because of the doctor claim, and—oh look at that, I just got sniped by Espy’s self defense post LOL. Hmm all of her points are valid to me, as I can relate to slipping up and accidentally drawing suspicion, but...going to keep Braixen on the sus list for now simply because it’s between him(her? What’s your character’s gender again?) or Mewtwo as the Mafia Doc.
Mewtwo: Obvious reasons. The flaw Dave pointed out on D3 is a red flag, and none of his counter-arguments were all that convincing to me. I’m fairly certain Mewtwo is Mafia, but I’m willing to change my stance if new info arises.
Namco: Most definitely Mafia or third party.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Altair tilted his head back, gazing up at the featureless sky. "Well, I may as well tell you lot since I sure as hell have nothing to lose by revealing this one,' he chuckled. "Never even bothered alluding to it as to be frank, in a game filled with abilities that allow you to see one’s true colours, set others ablaze or even cheat death, I, frankly, drew the short straw. Since this is a game where roles can be blocked or potentially stopped without a moment’s notice"—he gestured towards the nickit—"I'm the one responsible for seeing if they went through or not. Hasn't been of much use so far, but it might help if the nickit choose to stop abilities." He shrugged, not even hiding the jealous look in his eyes. "I ain’t counting on it though."

Wes frowned and followed Altair’s gaze up to the blank sky as he absorbed this information. So his role was to glean information...he glanced at the bird-like spectre. “Tell me, did you manage to get any useful information at all so far? Of the various players, who have you targeted and what were your results?”

[[Hmmm. Altair’s roleclaim is a tough one because it seems like it can’t really be proven or disproven? But my other points on my read list still stand so he’s staying as “soft town” for now.]]

Top Bottom