• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] First Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Ok, yeah, I was already convinced, but between Espy's last post and the knowledge that she's a new player, I'm 100% convinced she's town now.

As for the current discussion between Non and DW, I'm currently leaning more towards dawningwinds, both because they've felt suspicious for reasons already stated and because whether or not they flip scum helps narrow the possibilities on qva and Sike, imo. (even tho we're mostly in agreement qva is town, this would more or less prove it, I think, and it would limit sike to either roleblocked or lying. More likely roleblocked.)

That said, I could be convinced to lean towards Non, but so far the argument for her I've seen is more or less "she's been inactive and she seems like she's playing differently from last year." If I missed or forgot something on the argument towards non tho, feel free to throw it my way so I can reevaluate my stance.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
I'd bet 'Fesser was bankin' on us fallin' f'that ploy, 'n' backin' out now'd seem mighty suspect.
I might have tried something like that if I weren't at least 90% sure there's no Indep in this game (no Indep on list of roles used + specifically stated that we will be sorted into one of Mafia or Innocent).

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Okay, I was explicitly asked for a translation this time which I find hilarious, so I will oblige.

The first bit is what I'd already said where if someone started shooting for someone else for what doesn't look like a lot of reason while everyone else is agreeing to lynch one person would look suspicious. "there's's'm i'ny" There's some irony in me saying this since I did exactly that against qva.

The weird thing is there were so many opportunities for them to do exactly that against me while I was railing against qva. They could've claimed I was just smokescreening for Dawning, or at least trying to misdirect, but they didn't. This a) makes me look bad and b) doesn't make any sense. The only reason I can see them not trying this is gunning for a protector might raise some eyebrows, but I'm only claimed and thus there's no concrete evidence I am as much.

Maybe they're hoping that just by letting me exist, I'll implicate myself enough that they don't have to worry about suspicion thrown my way. I don't know. I'm actually leery about lynching Dawning now.

There's also the Jester role Dawning mentioned. They said in the same post that "this isn't bulba, and I'm not a Jester," but wine in front of me of course a Jester would say that. There's also a custom role floating around.

I just don't see anyone else to lynch. No one else reads as scum to me. Non-Analogue hasn't done anything that reads as Scum to me besides call me as much, which only I would call scum since I'm, well. I suppose she was the only third party that tossed shade at me while I was screaming about qva, but I'm not sure of that, and even then that's really not a lot.

The last few paragraphs are just 1589409557127.png

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
I might have tried something like that if I weren't at least 90% sure there's no Indep in this game (no Indep on list of roles used + specifically stated that we will be sorted into one of Mafia or Innocent).
[["The'e's still the matter o' that new role. Might've summin't'gain from gettin' lynched. Course, I wouldn't play any game wit' rules like that, 'n' you wouldn't'a missed yer chance yesterday." Desper shook his head. "Don't make no sense."]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
I'm pretty certain if there was going to be any indie roles in this game, negrek would have stated it as a possibility. I mean, yes, there's the custom role, but still, nothing's been said about said role being something independent.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
[[Readin' wa'n't his specialty, but Desper'd be lyin' if he claimed not t'enjoy it, or that it ain't ever saved his hide. He fin'lly 'cided to browse that pamphlet everyone was on 'bout. His jaw might well's been married to the floor. "A lover's mentioned in here," he balked. "Feem fatal. One dies, th'other comes with'em."

One final piece clicked in place, 'n' it all fell t'pieces again. "But then why hold off yesterday? If you'd gain to die, why wouldn'tcha die?"]]

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
[[Tefiren suddenly rounded on the white-coat Human again. "Why don't you care!?" he snapped, infuriated by this in ways he couldn't quite get his head around. "It doesn't even matter if you're Them or not! We're saying we want to--"he paused for just a second--"to get rid of you! Why doesn't that matter to you!? It's supposed to matter! That's supposed to be the point of the game! Why aren't you playing it right!?"

He huffed angrily and paced around in a circle to try and work off his frustration. The circle brought him nearer to the leek-duck who'd been repeatedly saying it didn't make sense for Them to be so quiet about Tefiren's accusation if he was right.

"I just want everyone to know," he muttered, staring moodily at nothing in particular, "that if I'm somehow not right about this - even though I am, I'm definitely right - but if I'm not, it's not my fault. Everything I'm saying makes the most sense. If the white-coat Human somehow isn't one of Them anyway, then that's her fault for playing this game like an idiot and making herself look like one of Them so that we waste a day getting rid of her. Not my fault. I'm perfectly good at this game." He was supposed to be the best at it. Things were supposed to be going better than this.

"I'm still not changing my mind," he insisted. "Call me when things start getting interesting again. If they ever even do."

With that, he slunk back to his tree, climbed it, and hid himself among the branches to sulk.

]]

...Okay, I need to be honest; that wasn't entirely just Tefiren speaking there. For some reason I'm starting to find myself becoming legitimately upset in real life about the way this day's turning out, and like, yo, self, that's not healthy? I need to stop being so invested in what's literally just a game on my end (even if it isn't on Tefiren's). ADHD high-five, Tanuki - here's another weird way in which having it can affect someone when they're playing a mafia game, apparently.

So, I need to be taking a break from this thread for a bit. Hopefully if I make an official statement on this, I can convince my brain to actually do that and not feel inclined to come back to it anyway. I'll aim to be back tomorrow evening (as in, real-life tomorrow), which'll be a few hours before the end of the day, just to see if anything new's come up. For the record, and to make it easier for Negrek to find it, my vote is still on DawningWinds unless I can later become somehow convinced that someone else is even more likely to be mafia than them.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
i find the idea of the mafia having an oracle pretty unlikely. maybe such a thing is possible, but that just seems so busted to me. mafia already have the information advantage of knowing everyone’s alignment; pretty much the only thing they don’t have is role knowledge, so giving them an oracle just seems really unfair.
Oracles generally can't ask what anyone's role or alignment is, only about the setup. So they'd be able to ask if a bus driver exists, but not about any individual's role. I don't think that's particularly broken in the mafia's hands.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
that if I'm somehow not right about this - even though I am, I'm definitely right - but if I'm not, it's not my fault.
[[Desper blinked. "You spit more hot air'n a cow's fart, but I ain't gonna hold this'n 'gainst ya." 'F all the preenin' self-singin' flyers to back up. "Mister 'Fesser's actin' s'suspicious, I'd be more s'picious o' someone who wa'n't arguin' 'gainst 'em. If they, 'gainst all odds, gods'n lawds, ain't guilty, you ain't on trial."

He looked to the group. "Not that m'word's much weight 't this point, but I'on't think we should hold a vote 'gainst 'Fesser 'gainst anyun by now. Hope y'all feel th'same."]]

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Is it seriously impossible to believe that I actually think the information town gets from my lynch will help?
[[Desper gawked at the human. It started to make some sense how they went'n died off. "If you wa'n't guiltier'n 'n amph'ros knittin' chu hides, I'd ask th'chu seek s'me serious help. Livin's summin y'only do once, hear? Life's beautiful, 'n all its forms."

He pulled his iron out its holster 'n' held it by the muzzle. The wood had ten notches each side. "Think I'm giddy 'bout these? Think I carve'm cause I'm proud? 'Cause I get some sick kick outta sheddin' blood?"

His paw spun the 'volver 'round 'n' back into its holster it went. "I remember," his voice gained an uncharacteristic quaver. "Every single one 'a them. Not one a them had any less reason t'keep livin'n me. Think that stopped me?"

His body began shaking with his voice. He turned away, pulling his brim down once again. "I'll b'honest. I hate you." Droplets drizzled the dirt 'neath him. "Maybe 'f I was s'cavalier 's you, m'holster wouldn't be s'heavy." He tilted his oil vertical, holding it there 'til it emptied, and threw it behind him. "Less orphans. Widows." A quick breath in preceded a long, whistling exhale. "Maybe I'm just too wicked to see the holy for what it is."]]

OOC: This is completely just in universe. Just an in universe reaction to a meta decision. Desper "hating" Professor of course has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of Dawning at all. This post has no meta purpose other than roleplaying/having fun with writing.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

"Hrm." Diyem paced, occasionally looking at his hammer, and then at the others. "Assuming it is Finnar that we strike today... we will need to evaluate what the flips will mean when night falls. If mafia... then it was either a lie, or a truth with sinister motivations. It would certainly explain why Lauchs was flipped with Chibi, and yet Chibi the one to be struck. Yet, if innocent... Where does that leave us? I'm still confused on how innocence would clear anybody... But perhaps, in a way, I am still fixated on why Lauchs would be targeted on that night."

]]

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Yet, if innocent... Where does that leave us?
[[“Lot’s t’assume ‘f it comes to that,” Desper mumbled. “Ain’t any leads left.” He looked o’er to Big Blue. “At best, we got som’on’ who weren’t where they said. That blocker coulda been with our Lady Luck at the time, or Fade’s been lyin’. ‘Tector’s good role t’make y’look nice.”

He shook his head. “Just don’t feel right. Odds’re all ‘gainst’m, ‘n’ I still b’lieve ‘em.” That excerpt from the pamphlet loomed o’er his head like a bird o’ prey. “Lovers. ‘T’s a twisted role, killin’ th’un y’hold dear.”

He’d ‘nough to fin’lly look back to Sours wit’ a proposal. “If’n They c’n see our roles, maybe they saw Lauch’s ‘n’ decided to try a two fer. But tha’d mean either Feathers’s lyin’ ‘bout protectin’, or at leas who he covered, or they lucked their way ‘nto—wait, ain’t luck.”

His eyes popped open. “Two nights. Two sights. Coulda seen Lauch’s love’n Feathers’s protection.” The light dimmed out his eyes. “Still whole lotta luck, but Lovin’d ‘splain why they went fer Lauch ‘spite Chibi bein’ a... chu, ‘pparently.

“Unfortunately, Lovin’ also’d explain why ‘Fesser’s so willin’ t’die. ‘Course, only if he flips scum. Otherwise, no reason t’ lie ‘bout switchin’ s’much. But lovin’ takes two. ‘F anyun’s got s’m’ feelin’s to admit, now’s yer time.

“Thine par amour’n your own life’s at risk.”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
[[

Every time Desper spoke, Diyem was rapidly scribbling into a conjured notebook, using context clues to decipher and otherwise figure out what the faraway-land Raichu was saying. Eventually, however, he looked up. "Then what you are saying," Diyem concluded, "is that you think Lauchs is actually a Lover of somebody? ...Why, again?"

Diyem wondered if he had translated something wrong.

]]

NonAnalogue

Losing her head
Pronouns
she/her
Code:
-- Conversation initiated with WitchesBlue [FORTUNATA, FIAMETTA] --

[WB] okay so im tryin to decipher the stream of distilled spaghetti western that keep windin across my axsis
[WB] but like
[WB] youre sayin that we got some lovers kickin around
[WB] their whole deal is that if one of them gets eliminated the other does too
[WB] and like if one of them is mafia
[WB] then they gotta get eliminated for us to win
[WB] so the other person is gonna get eliminated too no matter what
[WB] which like
[WB] that sucks
[WB] but i dunno that i see any way around that
[WB] and the only one of the lovers who would know if one of thems mafia
[WB] would be the mafia right
[WB] unless the other one gets told that but that doesnt seem like something that would happen
[WB] so if theres a lover tryin to convince us to kill them
[WB] the only reason that would be happenin is if theyre a lover and a mafia
[WB] tryin to get us to eliminate a townsfolk at the same time
[WB] which doesnt seem worth it to me
[WB] i think this is just desper ado tryin to muddy the waters again
[WB] because regardless on whether the mafia is a lover
[WB] they gotta be eliminated
[WB] frankly this kinda seals the deal for me
[WB] bringin this up doesnt add anything to the conversation
[WB] it doesnt change our circumstances
[WB] it doesnt change our goal
[WB] it just sounds like an attempt to add even more confusion in the mix
[WB] i vote for desper ado

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
meh, i don’t think he’s trying to muddy the waters really—it’s mostly harmless but pointless conjecture, since it’s not really based on anything and we’ll see anyway when i either die with dw or don’t (and i won’t). if i was lovers with dw i would be trying MUCH harder to get the lynch off them, because my life and wincon would depend on it; as it is i just don’t like the feeling of a wagon that got rolling basically right away in the day and is going to roll all the way to the finish line basically unchallenged. bad vibes tbh. we can afford a mislynch though, and it’ll at the very least resolve this whole mess with sike/espy regardless of the flip.

Top Bottom