• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[INNOCENTS WIN] First Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
i find the idea of the mafia having an oracle pretty unlikely. maybe such a thing is possible, but that just seems so busted to me. mafia already have the information advantage of knowing everyone’s alignment; pretty much the only thing they don’t have is role knowledge, so giving them an oracle just seems really unfair.

i really want to believe this dw thing, but i just can’t shake the feeling that it’s a mislynch. the things elyvorg is don’t NOT add up, but i don’t think they definitely implicate dw as mafia. on top of that, they’re not even defending themself, and the fact that there’s no other wagon is concerned. i suppose i’ll wait to be too worried until we approach nearer EOD, but this just seems exactly what a town consensus mislynch looks like to me, particularly if a townie is leading it (since i don’t think any wolves are guiding the narrative here; they’re just coasting and allowing it to snowball without putting themselves in view).

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
[[Tefiren looked around, feeling somewhat deflated at everyone's reactions to his very clever explanation of all of the reasons the white-coat Human was definitely one of Them. Only a couple of them had actually decided they wanted to get rid of her too; some of them vaguely mumbled agreement but weren't doing anything about it yet, and the leek-duck didn't agree with him but not because he thought Tefiren was exactly wrong about anything. Nobody was trying to tell him he was wrong at all - not even the white-coat Human herself, infuriatingly - but... Tefiren had expected more people to be falling over themselves to tell him how obviously right and clever he was for figuring this out all by himself. This was still not being as fun as it was supposed to be.
]]

(disclaimer that I obviously don't feel the same way as Tefiren about this; I'm glad that most of you seem to agree that I have a reasonable point and therefore all my theorising wasn't completely wild and baseless.)

[[But there was one person who had ignored Tefiren altogether, and it bothered him even more than everyone else.]]
Code:
-- Conversation initiated with WitchesBlue [FORTUNATA, FIAMETTA] --

[WB] look its not my fault that people dont seem to wanna listen to text to speech
[WB] ive been sayin stuff all this time
[WB] love that yall are also seein how weird desper ado is actin now
[WB] only been sayin that for the past however long
[[Tefiren scampered over to the glowing white slate that still had that same person wasting her hiding place by talking out of it, and poked it in frustration. "I know the Raichu has been acting weird and making no sense. I was the first one to say that yesterday! But what about everything I just said about the white-coat Human? Weren't you listening to any of it?" He poked the slate again. "Can you even hear me in there? She's way more suspicious than the Raichu, isn't she?"
]]

(again, handwave handwave somehow Fiametta can tell who Tefiren's talking about even though he doesn't use names. Maybe her Axsis is just that good and translates that for her, too.)

qva disagreeing with me and continuing to gun for Tanuki is one thing, because she's acknowledging my argument and explaining why she isn't quite feeling it herself. But if I'm right that DW is mafia, and if Tanuki is also innocent... then continuing to gun for Tanuki while completely ignoring my arguments against DW altogether isn't a great look for someone. I'm not super suspicious of NonAnalogue or anything, but I'm still not townreading her at all, and I just want to put this out there.

NonAnalogue

Losing her head
Pronouns
she/her
Code:

[WB] look my dude
[WB] i wasnt intentionally tryin to ignore you
[WB] your argument makes sense on its face
[WB] but also
[WB] like
[WB] when things get too complicated my mind kinda starts blanking out
[WB] so when we gotta go over who switched who on previous days
[WB] or whos tellin lies and whos not
[WB] i cant get a hold of that as well
[WB] so like i couldnt contribute much about your argument
[WB] but desper ado
[WB] now theres a guy whos actin suspicious in a way even i can get
[WB] and now that people are bringin him up
[WB] i wanted to chime in
[WB] thats all
[WB] sorry

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
[[Tefiren poked the slate one more time. "Huh. So you're just not very smart then. That's what you're saying. Well, I already knew that, what with you talking out of your hiding place."

He slunk away from the slate again, bored of it already, deciding that he'd figure out whether that was a regular kind of stupidity or a Them kind of stupidity later.]]

(Yeesh, Tefiren, please stop being a dick. You are starting to give Dave a run for his money here.)

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
meh, full disclosure, i’m not gunning for tanuki at this point—after some sleep i think i’m back where i’m at when i made the wallpost, ie still at tanuki but mostly because i think it’s the only way to reliably resolve his alignment and it’ll help sort nonanalogue too. interestingly it’s also because i just want another wagon tbh; even if dw flips mafia, if their wagon is uncontested, it doesn’t really leave us much to read into. even though it’s pretty early in the day, i’m getting DADV vibes from this… i just don’t see the thread looking this way right now if we really are about to hit our second wolf in a row/come within spitting distance of town victory, unless the mafia is just throwing.

NonAnalogue

Losing her head
Pronouns
she/her
Code:

[WB] lets be fair though
[WB] the days like half over
[WB] this time yesterday everyone was tryin to figure out if splittin the group in half for healin duties was a good move
[WB] im kinda expectin everything to go to off-the-wall-ville the closer we get to the deadline

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
make them use their hypothetical strongman against you?
Sorry if I worded it poorly. I meant that the point of doing it would make the mafia less likely to gun for me. One because they’d have to use a strongman/roleblocker/busdriver (wait how would that work? if they move me then I’m still in the me place because the me place is where me) to kill me. It also had the added bonus of making me look incompetent, but that might’ve been overkill since most people are reading me like that already.

Pretty much only Tanuki thinks she's scummy right now.
I’m not sure why you think this but I’m very sure it’s not the case. Multiple people off the top of my head have mentioned their suspicions of her, though I guess I’ve probably been louder or more repetitive about it. Maybe my memory’s bad, though. I haven’t read back to corroborate this, and I could’ve projected my suspicion onto other people.
Code:

[WB] lets be fair though
[WB] the days like half over
[WB] this time yesterday everyone was tryin to figure out if splittin the group in half for healin duties was a good move
[WB] im kinda expectin everything to go to off-the-wall-ville the closer we get to the deadline
We still haven’t heard Espy speak, and that’s what set everything on fire last time.
At least, until you told them, assuming you are a protector.
This was bad wording on my part. I meant “I am assuming you are a protector,” rather than trying to throw her claim into question. Sike reads innocent to me. The only reason I ever suspected her was because Espy’s claim made it seem like Sike was lying about protecting, but there’s plenty to explain why she wouldn’t’ve been on Chibi.

I guess I’ll do the cool kids thing of post how I’m vibing with everyone so far. 10 is jail now, 1 is I’d jail whoever said to jail you.

Equita: 4/10
All your posts seem well put together enough with little more than occasional mis-reasonings. Even those aren’t ever really at anyone’s expense. The only things against you for me a that you’re still holding suspicion against Namo, and that’s because

Namo: 2/10
Everything that made him look suspicious was either an honest attempt to help that turned sour, or something he wouldn’t have done as mafia. Of all the roles to claim for innocence, odd number vigilante? If he was lying, he’d have a better lie.

Elyvorg: 3/10
You’ve done basically nothing suspicious all game. Your reasonings track, and it’s never really anything malicious.

qva: 3/10

Dragonfree: 5/10
I haven’t really seen enough one way or the other honestly.

Non-Analogue: 2/10
Very little suspicion here. The most she’s done is gun for me, which many people have explained why that’s not bad in and of itself. She’s a bit inactive, but her posts seen town.

DawningWinds: 10/10
They’ve been nothing but suspicious and aggressively pro-killing other people since day one. With Espeon seeing them and not Sike at Chibi’s death and that whole event, I still say killing Dawning is the move for tonight. Qva mentioned the lack of an alternative wagon, but I think it’s because anyone arguing for her case would look suspicious at this point.

Sike: 2/10
Her roleclaim was so accidental it hurts. She reads town.

Espeon: 1/10
Everything surrounding her wanting to drop out and then that info bombshell leads me to believe she’s innocent. I honestly don’t see much of a reason to suspect her, but that’s also reading her from knowing her for a bit.

who am I missing

oh
WindSkull: 3/10
Not really much to go off, but what I see seems fine.

Negrek: 10/10
Haven’t heard from her all game. She even tried to dm me outside the thread about the game. Sus. If Dawning flips town, I say we gun for Negrek.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
Negrek: 10/10
Haven’t heard from her all game. She even tried to dm me outside the thread about the game. Sus. If Dawning flips town, I say we gun for Negrek.
Unvote: DawningWinds
Vote: Negrek

Cowboy Pikachu has a good point.

Unvote: Negrek
Vote: DawningWinds

But something tells me this game is not bastard enough to require lynching the host to win.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Cowboy Pikachu has a good point.

[[Desper shot his eyes o’er quicker’n a bullet. “Y’ever used them balls in front yer head?” He flicked his wiry tail ending in an axe of a bolt. “I been stoned longer’n you been alive.”

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
We still haven’t heard Espy speak, and that’s what set everything on fire last time.
Yeah, things were pretty quiet until we started getting pretty close to the deadline. About... 16 hours or so before the deadline? And then things started to really ramp up only after Espy dropped her information, getting more and more intense as the deadline loomed closer. So I'd say... If things aren't starting to get hectic by tomorrow morning or so, then we might want to get a bit worried.

Right now I'm feeling maybe a 7-8/10 that Dawning Winds is a good lynch based on the information already outlined by others. If she flips innocent I feel like there's no reason to disbelieve her claim of bus driver, which would more or less prove qva innocent and would prove that sike is either lying or was blocked (and I'm inclined to believe the latter right now).

Tanuki would be my next pick at about a 5/10. He just feels like a huge wildcard to me at the moment. Which is I think what he was going for? Whether or not it's a good strat, it's served its purpose.

After that... I dunno, maybe Non or Dragonfree? I don't have a great read on either at this time, but less suspicious of them than I am the other two. like maybe a 3/10. Might be worth looking in to but not worth pursuing without more information.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Oh, adding to that last post, I know we're all mostly in agreement that qva is innocent as of right now, but dw flipping innocent would more or less prove that unless new information comes out, I think. Guilty dw has already been discussed back and forth and I don't feel like I have anything useful to contribute to that argument hasn't already been said.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
e just feels like a huge wildcard to me at the moment. Which is I think what he was going for?
If you must know, my strat going into this was working from the perspective of how y’all would think I would act if I thought y’all saw me as working under the assumption that y’all wanted to get rid of the Mafia while simultaneously gunning for apparently random and then well thought out targets that come to the conclusion that I’m maybe not mafia while my ADHD runs rampant throughout. Like the wine scene from the Princess Bride, except instead of both being poisoned, neither are and they both die anyway.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Oh another reason I don’t suspect Elyvorg is when I basically randomly voted him, his reaction was just confusion. It wasn’t until later in light of other events that he even brought it up against me even though it would’ve been a decent opportunity for a Mafia to cast reasonable suspicion onto me.

Sike Saner

fundead
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. glalie
About the only person I get actual scum vibes from at this point is DawningWinds.

Meanwhile I've decided not to state who I'm getting innocent vibes from at this point; I feel like that's basically telling the mafia "all righty, now here's who i'm probably going to try and protect".

Anyhoo, pbbbt... I guess I might as well make it official (barring anything coming along before day's end that makes me change my mind, of course):

[[Ntairow had spent no small measure of time pondering over the matter Espurr's failure to see her attempt to protect Chibi, as well as over the matter of the professor's claim to have interfered with her protection. The latter had left a sour taste in her mouth as it was; how dare the human get in her way when she was trying to save a life.

But as the possibility that Finnar had been in Chibi's vicinity for a different reason reared its head, the distaste and offense turned to something darker. To think that the human might have killed the pikachu outright...

Her fangs bared, she closed the distance between herself and the professor once more. "You," she said, "are a presence I don't think I can abide by any longer. I vote to jail Professor Finnar."]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Just gonna throw this out: @SparklingEspeon You there? We only need what you did and what you saw during Night 2. Even not seeing anything is useful. Oh, but please specify whether you saw "nobody" or saw "no result" if you happened to get either of those replies -- because a "no result"-like reading would confirm that there's a roleblocker in play and they blocked you. It's basically the difference between zero and null in programming.

If two people die tonight, we have evidence he's innocent.

[[

"I'm not comfortable with the idea of forcing my hand on night 3," Diyem said, "but I understand the sentiment. I was meaning to bring this up after votes have settled, but I realized there's a chance that will never happen. I may as well ask now: Is the general consensus that I use my power tonight against someone suspicious? And if so... do I say who, or is that just asking for the mafia to redirect?" He folded his wings behind him and rested his palms at the bottom of his hammer's handle. "I no longer trust my judgement when strategizing openly. Not after a seemingly random shot, in my eyes, led to a precise mafia strike. I hadn't even begun to suspect Genesis."

]]

Is that a thing? Huh, I'd never heard of it, and skimming the wiki page for vigilante, it doesn't seem to mention it. I feel like something like that would be unfair for you to not be explicitly warned about - is it mentioned in your role PM? Because if it's not, I imagine you probably shouldn't have to worry about it.

Okay, you made me look through my role pm again to verify, because I misremembered. When I was asking Negrek for clarification on my powers (I wasn't told it was odd-night vigil until I asked for these clarifications -- I imagine everyone got a customized-sounding role but it's actually based on a normal role, aside from that one super-custom role)

Anyway, one stipulation was that I had asked what my priority was in terms of making my shot, if it happened before or after the mafia kill. I was then told that they were all resolved at the same time, so if I shot at a mafia and the mafia shot at me, we would both die. ...I misread that as, if I and the mafia shot the same target, I and the target would die. So I was just totally wrong there... I don't think I have to worry about being crossfire-killed when using my power. I'll... just ask privately to clarify.

Sike Saner

fundead
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. glalie
And if so... do I say who, or is that just asking for the mafia to redirect?"

[["I'd suggest keeping that to yourself, yes," Ntairow said. "As well as the matter of whether or not you'll be attacking anyone at all." Whether he should or not at this point, she wasn't certain. It hinged upon whether or not there was more than one enemy remaining, and if there wasn't, whether or not the person who would be voted out was indeed the guilty party. "I have no intention of revealing whom I intend to try to defend for similar reasons."]]

Now, Ntairow's not sure at all how many mafia are left. Meanwhile I'm inclined at this point to think there is probably more than one; a don/roleblocker/strongman setup's been mentioned, and it seems plausible enough.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
[[“Aw, hell’s watering hole,” Desper grumbled. “Tubbs‘s got even more reason to gun me down. E’en after I complimented his figure.”]]

OOC/Translation: mostly just Desper realizing he’s antagonized someone who stands to gain from killing him, but also me realizing that if two people die tonight, I’ve gone and made myself a high priority target.

Top Bottom