• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[MAFIA WIN] Second Anniversary Fanfic Mafia - Game Thread

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[Everything about Lexx yesterday makes sense if he was cop and inspected Dave as innocent; he also had an unexplained hard townread on Dave from the start. I’m pretty confident that’s what happened here. This also makes me think Arctozolt is likely legit; the alternative would be the mafia picked up these hints independently (admittedly not impossible, since Lexx did get killed), and decided to have Arctozolt make this claim gambit based on that, but I think that’s a bit of a stretch, especially since there could well have been a legit backup to counterclaim it.]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
[[ooc post bc I finished this at work. Will actually do voting when I go to lunch. Anyway, current reads:

Hard town:
DawningWinds (Nefari) - unless something comes to light to suggest otherwise, I can’t think of any good reason to consider them scum
elyvorg (Tefiren) - very similar playstyle to before, their Gambit feels very town

Soft town:
Equitial (Mewtwo) - similar to their town playstyle in the last game
unrepentantAuthor (Jesse) - notes help town more than scum
Dragonfree (Dave) - not sure why tbh, though if chibi was cop, that likely clears her.
Namohysip (Alexander) - one of my more shaky town reads. was inactive day 1, but has given reasons and been more active day 2. I'd have to reread his posts but I generally find myself at least understanding where he's coming from?
Chappie (Abrapunk) - that whole claim COULD have been a ploy to get us to trust them, but the way it came out makes me feel inclined to believe them
Inkedust (Altair) - has been doing a lot of sleuthing that I generally agree with.

Null:

IFBench (Arctozolt) - I've said my piece on the suspicions I have about his claim, but I hesitate to lynch him in case he really is the cop.
Seren (Miyako) - Currently fluctuating between town or mafia. Their posts do feel a bit hasty and contridictory, but that could just as easily be inexperience.
DeliriousAbsol (Spark) - was busy d1. No show d2
Fusion (Cold Fusion) - was busy d1. No show day2
Navarchu (Lance) - I believe he's been busy on both days, but hasn't showed
Mellow (Namco) - only a few, innocuous posts, though I suspect that inexperience is a part of that.
Shiny Phantump (Lusamine) - has posted some agreeable posts. I just don't feel as strongly about her being town, but I'm not feeling like she's scum either.
HelloYellow17 (Wes) - did gun after elyvorg at the beginning of the day, but I can just as easily believe that to be inexperience as I can believe it being mafia misdirection.]]

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Hello hello. It's time for the morning readlist. Before I get into it, I'm just going to be honest and say that yesterday's events ended up stunting this list significantly, so I'm no closer to figuring out who's scum or not than I was D1. As per the last one, I'm leaving out inactive players.

Hard Town:
Nefari
Tefiren
Dave (if Lexx was cop and targeted him N0.)

Town:
Jesse
Kyros
Chappie

Soft Town:
Mewtwo
Alexander (was thrown off a bit yesterday because he is an evil character, but he seems alright?)

Neutral:
Wes (his stint with Tefiren pulled him down a peg however, reads far more misguided than actively malicious. I get the feeling that he wouldn't make these accusations so easily if he was Mafia.)
Namco
Lusamine
Miyako (probably just newbie carelessness. Still very 50/50 on her though.)
Arctozolt (still reeling from yesterday's events. Was reading scum *hard* for a good while before they claimed and even now I'm not entirely sure I trust them. Nevertheless, we shouldn't target them today if they are being honest, so take my read as less "scum but might be cop so neutral" and more of a bewildered string of question marks.)

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
[[Aight, I think I'm also gonna give a readlist just to organize my thoughts a bit. Not sure how helpful it's gonna be, because I'm still...very very unsure about almost everyone, hah.]]

Hard Town:
Dave
Nefari
Tefari (lol listen I'm just stupid ok)

Soft Town:
Chappie (I'm almost prepared to read her as hard town. Almost.)
Jesse
Mewtwo? I'm still not 100% certain but many other players are reading him as town so I guess that counts for something.
Arctozolt
Kyros

Neutral/Unsure:
Miyako (all of her statements and contributions have been pretty neutral so far, so I'm a little wary)
Lusamine
Alexander

At this point, I'm pretty suspicious of all of our quiet players. We have a lot of silent players so far, and who's to say this isn't a mafia strat to stay quiet so that the rest of us are in the dark? Yes, I am paranoid. It's weird to have so many quiet players. (Or maybe this is pretty normal for an online mafia game, idk)

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
[[Gonna clarify that I'm reading Arctozolt as soft town because I believe the confusion was a genuine mistake/blunder and not meant to be a mislead. Though I'm still wary, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.]]

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
[[to clarify: what I actually meant to say with this is that maybe she hasn't been viewing the thread since my last post in response to Wes's accusation.]]
[[ For the record, I know Yellow mentioned in discord that she was planning a post and hadn’t gotten around to actually making it yet; I don’t think you’ve been on the discord so you might not have known that. Either way it seems she’s posted it now.
Wes nodded in agreement. "I'm still not sure how I feel about them, but I'll give them a chance. I don't think voting for them will get us anywhere. But now...it seems like we're almost back to square one." He glanced over at the blue alien-like creature and the young woman with odd powers. [[Fusion and Seren, to be precise.]] He didn't know much about them...in fact, he didn't know anything about them. They had both been rather quiet through this whole ordeal...

[[I hesitate to throw any solid accusations at Fusion or Seren because I know they have both been busy with IRL stuff, especially Fusion. But it's also really hard for us to make any progress in this game when we have so many near-silent players. Even if we have to accuse them to get a response, we could possibly get some information to help us out. But also, I don't want to make people feel pressured! But yeah, we don't have much information to go off of here, and the clock is .]]

[[ First of all holy fucking fuck trying to quote a specific part of a message without deleting the entire thing by accident on mobile is fucking annoying oh my god.

Anyway. Forgive me contradicting you, but I’ve absolutely not been silent during this. I’ve been making an effort to post in tiny burst during breaks at work, and last night I posted quite a bit. Now, If you specifically refer to anything that happened between Bench’s reveal last night and now, there are two reasons I’ve been silent for the most part: first, my last post last night was just before I went to sleep. And since then, I’ve woken up, showered, posted like 3 really tiny posts here, and have gone to work. I literally have not had time to read and respond in giant texts to everything going on, and as it is I’m currently 5 minutes over my allotted break time replying to this.

Secondly, I’m not sure what you mean by silent, as... I really have nothing to contribute currently besides what I said last night. From skimming, it seems like everyone is getting caught up on what I already replied to, trying to figure out Bench’s claim.

If it helps ease anyone’s mind, my in-game actions last night had literally Zero influence on the Lexx/Rascal death and therefore I had no reason to bring it up. ]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[Some quibbles/clarifications with Jackie's notes:

35. Equitial (Mewtwo) parses some of the confusion. Appears to sus Seren (Miyako) in particular. Mewtwo thinks Tefiren's play is compelling Town. Doubts the kills were Arsonist. Doesn't respect Arctozolt's play. Wants Chappie to disclose more info. Doesn't respect Miyako's climbdown, or trust her.

Regarding Seren in those posts, my intention was more to clarify how I *felt* about them, since I didn't have time to expand on Day 1. I definitely still sus Seren, but that suspicion hasn't increased significantly since Day 2.

69. Equitial (Mewtwo) makes a summary and some guesses. He is certain that Chibi was not a Cop and that Arctozolt is not Town (most likely 3rd Party). He votes Arctozolt.
71.Bunch of different ideas about mechanics. There are discrepancies between old TR games and the wiki. Exhausting.
72. Mewtwo, Kyros, drop their votes for Arctozolt.

I actually feel this significantly misrepresents what happened on my end, at least.

In 69 (nice), I was baffled by Arctozolt's play and couldn't see how Chibi being a Cop would have been possible, because of the mechanics-discrepancy noted in 71. Once the issue was explained, Chibi being Cop was feasible and I changed my vote. From this list, you 1) portray me as wayyy more confident than I was and 2) do not acknowledge why the mechanics issue was relevant for my change in 72.
]]

Everyone else I'd consider voting for today is just a null, but Wes is actively suspicious to me right now, and unless he responds and it makes me feel better about things, I feel most confident voting for him.]]

[[
I feel like I'm going to say the exact same thing people said to me about Seren: I agree that wasn't the best move on Wes's part, but it feels more like inexperience than scumminess.

For me, the difference between Seren and Wes's susses are this: On Day 1, other people were discomfited by me when Seren brought his sus to light. Such a mislynch could have been feasible--at least one other voted for me, after all. However, on Day 2, most people are pretty confident in Tefiren. Idk, such an unlikely ploy *could* be Mafia, but leaning that way, I don't think so. Too unlikely and dangerous for the Mafia to attempt without hesitation. Wes still reads pretty null to me, but I'm not sure I want to sus them out just yet. ]]

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[by the way: have a big old effort post of how I feel about all the players coming in a bit]]

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
"I didn't acknowledge your argument at first because, well, if you were actually an enemy, all of that would have just been an elaborate lie, right?"
"If you thought it was all a big lie, then you should have said something about it! Ignoring it just made it sound like you might have been dodging the topic because you knew I was actually right."

[[Don't worry, Wes, Tefiren is also bad at communication. His problem is just that he's too oblivious to care when he's being a dick, rather than that he's reluctant to say what he thinks at all.]]

"Anyways...I take back what I said. I got caught up in wanting to make at least some progress and instead just made things worse. But if you're gonna just vote for me out of spite, we won't get anywhere. So let's just call it a truce, okay? I'll prove to you that you can trust me."

"Hm." Tefiren cocked his head, frowning. This part of the game, figuring out the people instead of the tricks, wasn't nearly as fun. "Maybe you're actually telling the truth. But it's also exactly what you'd say right now if you were Mafia. Who knows?" [[that last sentence isn't Tefiren actively trying to be manipulative; it's just the closest you'll get to him admitting he's not sure.]]

"Well, I won't try and tell anyone else they should definitely vote for you. They heard what I said, they can figure out what to think about you themselves. But I'm still leaving my vote on you. We've got to vote for someone, and nobody else has any better ideas."

[[Tefiren couldn't do so, but I acknowledge your IRL inactivity for unrelated reasons and am no longer going to weigh that against you. Otherwise, yeah. I realise you could be innocent and have made an inexperienced risky play, but nothing about your response has given me that nebulous indescribable read-y sense that I'm almost sure it's that, so I'm going to leave my vote on you for lack of any better candidates. No hard feelings if you're actually town, and if you do survive today then perhaps things in later days can make me feel better about you.]]

Tefiren turned around and looked at the half-zolt shivering to itself, its tail twitching every now and then. "Plus, that fool of a half-zolt voted for itself for some stupid reason, and someone else did too, so if nothing else happens then we're going to end up getting rid of it, by accident. Hasn't anybody else noticed that that's kinda bad?"

[[ @IFBench , please unvote yourself! It'd suck if you ended up accidentally lynching yourself because of RP shenanigans.]]

Wes nodded in agreement. "I'm still not sure how I feel about them, but I'll give them a chance. I don't think voting for them will get us anywhere. But now...it seems like we're almost back to square one." He glanced over at the blue alien-like creature and the young woman with odd powers. [[Fusion and Seren, to be precise.]] He didn't know much about them...in fact, he didn't know anything about them. They had both been rather quiet through this whole ordeal...
[[Ninja'd, but yeah; Seren/Miyako has been quite active today. I assume you got them mixed up with somebody else?]]

[[Apparently my hyperfixation on this game has finally reached the point of temporary burnout and I am running out of energy to focus on this right now. Ideally before the day's end I'd want to produce a readlist like others have been doing and maybe skim the thread to try and think more about other possible lynch candidates for if any other bandwagon arises, but I dunno if I'll end up finding the energy to do so in time. I just wanted to get at least this out now because I owe Wes a response rather than just ghosting and leaving my vote on him without explaining why or acknowledging his defence.]]

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"...Mildly annoyed that most of these reads have me as unknown at best," Alexander growled. "I don't really know how I can fix that. Do you want me to be a sweet, good-hearted rescue team member?" He grimaced as he drew a heart with the snouts of his two smaller heads. "Honestly. As I keep referencing, the role I possess is not one for information, so there is little I can provide. It is also one that, for the time being, is best to not be shared, but I assure you I am keeping track of any point where it might become relevant. It has not yet. I can only assist in strategizing, and this whole read business has me leery still. Nothing solid. Behavior can be feigned. I am one who prefers caution.

"...But I suppose I can at least state that I am confident... in Tefiren's innocence at this point, and, hrm... Yes, Dave's. Considering everything, I believe Dave is solidly innocent as well. And perhaps the Arctozolt, too... despite the questionable play. Protection may be necessary if we want any use out of the role-identifier. And you... Chappie. Hmmmm. A role swapper. Always a difficult guess, but..." He shook his head. "No. I am not sure yet. But you are also not my immediate attention."

DeliriousAbsol (Spark) - was busy d1. No show d2

"...Somehow," Alexander said, "I missed this one. Yes. Along with Lance and Cold Fusion, I suppose that is also someone in the pool of inactive candidates that may or may not be negative utility, one way or another."

--

Alexander quietly observed the exchange between Wes and Tef. "I'm not sure what to reconcile from you two," Alexander remarked. "Time is short... I will hold my vote toward Lance for now, but I want to hear more between you two. I am not entirely following this one's logic just yet." He gestured to Tefiren.

DawningWinds

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. hawlucha
[[quick point--I thought Abra was the only one who has claimed Bus Driver?]]
I misread one of your posts, thought you claimed bus driver as well.

“I mean, I don’t think it’s very likely the mafia has multiples of the same power, but I don’t have any special insight into that, just that that’d be pretty odd design. Mafia being able to block multiple people at once is pretty powerful.”
I can speak to this; a Mafia team with two Blockers is very powerful, at least in a smaller game. Not exactly sure how it'd translate to a game this large but I imagine

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
genuine inexperience on IFBench's part, in a fumbling attempt to give some helpful information without putting themselves in danger that ended up going horribly wrong.
[[You hit the nail pretty much right on the head here. I tried to be as vague as I could to give the information I thought was useful without painting a target on me, but I let more and more information slip, until I just cracked under the pressure and gave the full truth.]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[In hindsight, this was a very, very stupid play.]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Good, now that his notes were more or less in order, Jesse could respond to stuff properly...

"Jesse... I'm sorry about the "not-a-human" comment. I hadn't known."

Well, that was a wild leap of reasoning. All he'd done was give a funny look, and the gal was apologising for thinking the delphox was a delphox...? What even—

But that was a distraction. The party were running out of time to make a sensible vote. And Jesse needed to say his goddamn piece ahead of nightfall.

"Alright, everyone's had a minute to look at the minutes, as it were," he drawled. "Here's what I reckon.

"First off, some folks here have already pointed out why this or that or the other guy or gal seems trustworthy, and I agree with a fair few of those arguments. Like Tefiren, that's how I prefer to play this sorta scenario, then work out who ain't in the clear by process of elimination. Similarly, I like to think I can depend on the reasonin' of those folks who're both clearly makin' an effort to help out Town, and whose smarts're evident. Let's start with those."

Hard Town:
Tefiren
Dave
Mewtwo
Nefari

"Tefiren's puttin' way too much effort in, and I actually understand why the fella pulled that gambit of his. Further t'that, I appreciate bein' made t'look a bit more like Town, not that I don't already. Lexx vouched fer Dave, and I trust that claim. Lexx was one smart fella with a likely Cop result on the bastard, not to mention I..." Jesse groaned. "I actually tend to agree with Dave. Y'all've got no idea just how much I hate that. Anyway. Lexx also vouched fer Nefari, an' I can't help but perceive his efforts as feelin' like a pro-town play. An' Mewtwo... Yeah, I get why folks're readin' him as aggro, but that's just how the guy tackles these situations. It's like I said. Same behaviour when I first met him, and he was Innocent then."

Jesse cleared his throat.

"So. What do those fellas and nickit gal have to say about their fellow players? Well, I wish I could conveniently compile an aggregate readlist, but I'm lookin' at the logs, and I don't think they've made comprehensive ones! The consensus sure seems to be that ev'ry one of these four is probably Innocent, which I find encouragin'! There was also some back'n'forth between a couple of 'em over strategy disagreements and misunderstandings, which I think are far too elaborate to have been staged by scum."

"Now let's add to that the opinions of the late Lexx Sakari. The guy was smart as a tack, and now he's one of our two confirmed Innocents, we should be taking his reads extremely seriously.

Lexx's reads:
Hard town:

DawningWinds (Nefari)
Dragonfree (Dave)
elyvorg (Tefiren)
Equitial (Mewtwo)
unrepentantAuthor (Jesse)

Soft town:
HelloYellow17 (Wes)
💀 Flyg0n (Rascal)
Windskull (Kyros)

No read:
IFBench (Arctozolt)
DeliriousAbsol (Spark)
Fusion (Cold Fusion)
Navarchu (Lance)
Mellow (Namco)
AbraPunk (Chappie)

Cautious:
Namohysip (Alexander)
Inkedust (Altair)
Shiny Phantump (Lusamine)
Seren (Miyako)

"It's no real surprise to me that either Lexx or Rascal turned out to be Innocent once they were killed," remarked Jesse, as he finished transcribing Lexx's list. "Just a real fuckin' pity. Anyway, I've been a bit uncertain about Wes and Kyros, but payin' heed to Lexx's opinions makes me more trustin' of 'em than I would otherwise be. I'm also very happy to see some names under 'cautious' that I was musin' about myself. With that in mind..."

Jesse's reads:
Hard town:

DawningWinds (Nefari)
Dragonfree (Dave)
elyvorg (Tefiren)
Equitial (Mewtwo)

Soft town:
HelloYellow17 (Wes)
Windskull (Kyros)
AbraPunk (Chappie)
Namohysip (Alexander)

Silent:
DeliriousAbsol (Spark)
Fusion (Cold Fusion)
Navarchu (Lance)

Cautious:
Inkedust (Altair)

Serious Concern:
Mellow (Namco)
Seren (Miyako)

????????
IFBench (Arctozolt)

"Now, unlike Lexx, I actually have an okay feelin' about Alexander... The fella may be sinister, but he just keeps makin' reasonable points and keepin' people on task. I feel like if he were scum, he'd just encourage the bickerin'. I feel like Altair an' Lusamine have mostly been makin' reasonable observations, very li'l bullshit, so I'm not so cautious about 'em. Still, it'd be a good Mafia play to just make uncontroversial observations an' suppositions that don't break new ground or nothin', and they ain't so much as hinted at their roles. Namco is obviously present, but I note that they're the only one not to rescind the vote on Arctozolt. I'm suspicious.

"As fer the quiet players, I got an observation t'make. If someone finds 'emself in a circumstance such as ours fer th'first time an' learns that they're part of the killin' faction, an' they've gotta lie their way to a conclusion... It's entirely possible they might get overwhelmed an' default to sayin' as li'l as possible. Or nothin' at all. Sure, they could bullshit. (I think our gal Miyako is spewin' nonsense in a way that could be town.) Or they could be quiet, an' try not t'get caught out. Fer that reason, I'm willin' t'start votin' fer 'em if it'll pressure 'em into contributin' or 'remove negative utility' as that sinister bastard puts it.

"Then there's Miyako. The gal doesn't not read like an inexperienced townie, but I've been pretty wary about her. I might just be forgettin' how Mewtwo's behaviour looks to a newcomer to these games, but that push against 'em fer seekin' info felt like a push fer mislynch that she climbed down from. I'm also perceivin' that one of her longest bursts of speechifyin' was an appeal to emotion t'defend herself and tryin' to direct attention to the Arsonist on what I believe are shaky grounds.

"I sympathise with these takes flyin' round that Arctozolt is an impossible read. I get that the chimera's story is plausible, but those claims were so damagin' t'the efforts of Town that I'm not sure it even matters. If we have anyone with the ability to verify Arctozolt as our current Cop or not, we need that done, thanks. An' I'm expectin' their Cop role to pay off as soon as possible, else I'll be starin' daggers at 'em."

"Right. Now I need a second to reason with myself until I'm sure who I'd rather vote fer."

voyeur was the only one other than bulletproof I could come up with that would in theory fit it too!

[[Hey, I guess I feel okay about scouring for valid roles, then. Thanks.]]

• Jesse has an ability that still confuses me; it "fizzled" when he tried to perform it on Dave last night, leading him to believe Dave's ability didn't work. (I am still so confused; I'll say he can detect if a role was used)

[[Free explained this perfectly in this post]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
Anyway. Forgive me contradicting you, but I’ve absolutely not been silent during this. I’ve been making an effort to post in tiny burst during breaks at work, and last night I posted quite a bit. Now, If you specifically refer to anything that happened between Bench’s reveal last night and now, there are two reasons I’ve been silent for the most part: first, my last post last night was just before I went to sleep. And since then, I’ve woken up, showered, posted like 3 really tiny posts here, and have gone to work. I literally have not had time to read and respond in giant texts to everything going on, and as it is I’m currently 5 minutes over my allotted break time replying to this.

[[I'm sorry, my phrasing has been absolutely terrible and I am braindead today. You HAVE been active, what Wes is saying that, despite your activity, he's still unsure what side Miyako is on because she's remained pretty ambiguous so far.]]

"Well, I won't try and tell anyone else they should definitely vote for you. They heard what I said, they can figure out what to think about you themselves. But I'm still leaving my vote on you. We've got to vote for someone, and nobody else has any better ideas."

Wes clenched his jaw in frustration, but instead of biting out a retort, he simply closed his eyes and sighed. Fine. He supposed he couldn't fault Tefiren for suspecting him. He hadn't exactly started out on the right foot with him, after all. "I'm not gonna try to force you to change your mind, but just hold your judgement for a bit. We are on the same team, and I'll be able to prove it to you. But I do agree that we need to be voting for somebody."

"...Mildly annoyed that most of these reads have me as unknown at best," Alexander growled. "I don't really know how I can fix that. Do you want me to be a sweet, good-hearted rescue team member?" He grimaced as he drew a heart with the snouts of his two smaller heads. "Honestly. As I keep referencing, the role I possess is not one for information, so there is little I can provide. It is also one that, for the time being, is best to not be shared, but I assure you I am keeping track of any point where it might become relevant. It has not yet. I can only assist in strategizing, and this whole read business has me leery still. Nothing solid. Behavior can be feigned. I am one who prefers caution.

"...But I suppose I can at least state that I am confident... in Tefiren's innocence at this point, and, hrm... Yes, Dave's. Considering everything, I believe Dave is solidly innocent as well. And perhaps the Arctozolt, too... despite the questionable play. Protection may be necessary if we want any use out of the role-identifier. And you... Chappie. Hmmmm. A role swapper. Always a difficult guess, but..." He shook his head. "No. I am not sure yet. But you are also not my immediate attention."

"...Somehow," Alexander said, "I missed this one. Yes. Along with Lance and Cold Fusion, I suppose that is also someone in the pool of inactive candidates that may or may not be negative utility, one way or another."

--

Alexander quietly observed the exchange between Wes and Tef. "I'm not sure what to reconcile from you two," Alexander remarked. "Time is short... I will hold my vote toward Lance for now, but I want to hear more between you two. I am not entirely following this one's logic just yet." He gestured to Tefiren.

Hm. Wes could relate to Alexander's annoyance--though, he supposed, he hadn't exactly been the best at earning everyone's trust so far. Gods-dammit. Dealing with other people really wasn't his strong suit...

"Spark...is the Dedenne, right?" Wes asked. "Didn't we believe they were targeted on the first or second night?" [[Genuine question here, Spark being in danger or something got brought up at one point but I can't remember if we confirmed if they had been targeted or not?]]

Still, among all the silent members present, there was one that caught Wes' attention. He frowned at the Lucario. [[Lance is a Lucario, right? hhhh I'm trying to keep track of everyone I'm sorry]] "I'm not sure if I've heard anything from you this whole time. If you're not going to share your thoughts, then I have no choice but to suspect you."

Vote: Lance

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
[Genuine question here, Spark being in danger or something got brought up at one point but I can't remember if we confirmed if they had been targeted or not?]]
[[ yeah, I swapped Lexx and Spark-- assuming I wasn't roleblocked or something along those lines. Someone else earlier had a theory about Rascal choosing to hide behind Spark because of their seeming insignificance, but because of the swap, ended up behind Lexx. ]]

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Jesse sighed. This was a tough one. By nature, he preferred to prevent harm as much as possible... But unlike back home, he didn't have overwhelming power, forcible telepathy, nor his other usual advantages. He had to rely on guesswork, and the most trustworthy looking persons nearby. It made him itch with discomfort.

Still. It was time to vote.

"I pick the goddamn silent lucario. Mostly 'cause I don't wanna let th'possible fuckin' Cop get mislynched, an' that's where th'votes are goin'."

Day Two Votes:
Lance: 3 (Alexander, Wes, Jesse)
Arctozolt: 2 (Arctozolt, Namco)
Wes: 1 (Tefiren)

Jesse adjusted his hat and scratched an ear, awkwardly.

"Before I take a rest, I'm gonna point out that it's entirely plausible the powers available this game will be sim'lar to powers from previous games in this dimension. Been doin' my head in a bit to not have that info available, so I went and sourced it. Fer those as haven't taken a look, here's what was up in the air last time:"

the majority of roles used in this game will be some variant of the following: strongman, vanilla town, watcher, vigilante, roleblocker, mason, bus driver, cop, lover, oracle, doctor, bulletproof, seraph knight, mafia goon, backup, tracker. I can also confirm that there will be at least one custom role used in this game. However, please don't feel pressured to scour the internet trying to figure out what I might be using besides what's on the list; you won't find it/them.

Vote: Lance

Equitial

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. inkay
  3. woobat
  4. ralts
[[
Alright, big post before EoD. With the deadline being pushed up a few hours, I probably won't be up until the very end; but I'll try to stay around for at least a bit longer to watch and change my vote if I feel it necessary.

Town's Odds

After the last deaths, there are 17 players left. If we assume five scum and one arsonist, that means we have over a 33% chance of hitting anti-town even if we just go random.

Current Known Roles

We have three clear claims: Elyvorg (once Bulletproof, now vanilla), Abra (Bus Driver), and Bench (backup who became Cop.) Based on Bench's testimony, Chibi was Cop before they died.

Several players also have soft claims. They include Jesse, Dragonfree, and myself.

Also, there's a decent chance there's a Roleblocker/Jailer who targeted Jesse N0 and caused his role to "fizzle". If Jailer, Jailers are generally Town. If Roleblocker, I'd guess Mafia just from my previous experiences.

Last Night

Two innocents died, Rascal and Lexx. We do not know for sure how this happened. Some guess Arsonist, but I personally assume otherwise because Arsonist kills are usually flavored to make it obvious.

Abra claims to have swapped Lexx and Rascal. However, it is possible they could have been roleblocked.

If Rascal was not a Hider/similar role, the Mafia either 1) targeted him, 2) Chibi w/ blocked Abra, or 3) targeted Spark.

If Rascal was a Hider/similar role, they may have hidden behind whoever the Mafia targeted. If so, then Rascal was with either Chibi/Spark and his death was collateral damage.

Brief Arsonist Thoughts

So, it's occurred to me that while we've all been throwing a lot of scum accusations around, we haven't really discussed who could be the Arsonist. To me, activity doesn't really indicate whether someone's Mafia. An Arsonist, however, would want to fly under the radar. Their best play would be to be ignored, by Town and Mafia.

With that thought, I'm regarding inactives more suspiciously now. Whereas before I would have considered them neutral, now they get to be maybe-more-likely-to-be-Arsonists.

The Players

Windskull (Kyros) --
D1 - voted Chibi as joke, then Lance/Navar for being inactive
D2 - voted Bench during confusion, then backtracked

Generally, I like their takes, and they feel helpful. On Day 2, before Bench, they appeared to be looking at the people who voted for their reasonings. If scum, could have been a move to scope out roles.

Chappie (AbraPunk) --
D1 - voted me for being aggressive :'(

They originally sussed me D1, then came out as a Bus Driver who swapped Chibi and Lexx. I'm inclined to believe their roleclaim and that they are Town. Though imo Bus Driver is a relatively safe scumclaim since it can go either way, their mode of revealing this info makes me feel good.

DawningWinds (Nefari)
D1 - voted Jesse on suspicions for being the Arsonist

Their roleclaim makes me think they are innocent. I can't see how it would help Mafia or a third-party. I'm going to need mechanical evidence or major scum behavior to change my view on them.

IFBench (Arctozolt) --
D1 - lowkey sussed Chibi, but ultimately voted no one.

Their play is absolutely confusing to me, ngl, even considering they're new. However, I struggle to see them as scum because I feel like their teammates would have stopped the whole thing from happening. I originally thought they could be third-party because of mechanics-confusion, but I'm going to have to get a lot more desperate before risking lynching the Cop again.

Seren (Miyako) --
D1 -- sussed me hard :'(

So yesterday I went after Mikayo because Miyasato went after Mewtwo for what seemed to me like frivolous, scum-motivated reasons. I recognized Mikayakoto wasn't experienced, but I recognized my own first-time scumplay in them. After watching today, Misayakatako isn't setting off more alarm bells but also isn't easing me that much. Mikayamamiyako's inexperience is definitely blurring the line and I'm trying to keep what others say in perspective as I view them, but I still lean Miyakasatmimatako as scummy and want to watch and see.

Equitial (Mewtwo) -- hello

DeliriousAbsol (Spark) -- Haven't posted since they stated they were busy on Day 1, but may have been targetted by Mafia via Abra's swap. For that, they're less likely to more Mafia, same Arsonist.

Fusion (Cold Fusion) -- not active since the game actually started

Namohysip (Alexander) -- Namo feels pretty neutral rn. I think right after I noticed he was less active than usual, it turned out he had irl stuff so lol. He's willing to lynch inactives, when most people don't have reads

Navarchu (Lance) -- not active since the game actually started

Mellow (Namco) -- Not very active. Only short posts--today they put pressure and then voted for Arctozolt

Inkedust (Altair) -- Not only do I like his takes, but I also appreciate the effort that feels put into them, especially for a newcomer. Of the people who no claims/mechanic reasons toward innocence, I like them best.

Shiny Phantump (Lusamine) -- More active, and I like her takes

unrepentantAuthor (Jesse) -- Gives out quite the effortposts. Was probably blocked last night, so depending on whether we have a Town Jailer/Town Role-blocker/Mafia Role-blocker, that could be indicative of their alignment

Dragonfree (Dave) -- Lexx, whom we know is innocent, in all likelihood targetted Dave. If Bench is telling the truth, Dave is very likely to have been read innocent by Chibi. Dave also claims a role that would have been unaffected by roleblocking.

elyvorg (Tefiren) -- does big effort-posts, generally has good logic, and seems to have a solid roleclaim. The player I most think is innocent

HelloYellow17 (Wes) -- Unlike Seren, their questionable suspicisions read to me more as Town. Gunned for Elyvorg, but I can't see why a Mafia would have think going after the player most people trust would be a good idea imo

With the thoughts detailed up above, here's my current readlist. As a note, town=do not want to lynch, neutral=hesitant about lynching, and scummy=okay with lynching

Hard Town
DawningWinds (Nefari)
elyvorg (Tefiren)

Town (really like these people)
Chappie (AbraPunk)
Dragonfree (Dave)
Inkedust (Altair)

Soft Town (like these people, but not willing to bet on them yet)
unrepentantAuthor (Jesse)
Windskull (Kyros)

Neutral 1 (mixed vibes)
Namohysip (Alexander)
HelloYellow17 (Wes)
Mellow (Namco)
DeliriousAbsol (Spark)

Neutral 2 (Inactive)
Fusion (Cold Fusion)
Navarchu (Lance)

Scummy still
Seren (Miyako)

(And IFBench (Arctozolt) is by themself for being confusing but too dangerous to lynch.

-----

So, everything laid out, I'm supposing that my best guess for scum is still the same as Day 1.

Vote: Miyako
]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt