• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[Complete] Vanilla Mafia Simulator 1.0 - Game Thread

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Alright, not shocked by that. Gonna kick this off with a clear on Yellow and Free because why the fuck would they just shoot at vote at their fellow scum like that without trying to defend them. Unless there’s some crazy galaxy brained shit happening where they voted their teammate off to attempt to clear themselves for smooth sailing the rest of the game, I can’t imagine they’d do that.

My eyes are on Bench for initiating the first “No Vote.” Flygon didn’t have time to vote and Espy didn’t offer anything (from whAt i recall) but yeah. Bench, thoughts?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[fwiw, it’s pretty common for Bench to vote no elimination on the first day in these games, but I’d still like to hear what he has to say, too]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[AAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOO but also whats the frick!?!?! I feel like I've seen so many D1 town kills I can't believe it. dadgum jackie, luck of the draw. bless u
Also apologies, that particular night I never had a chance to come back and reevaluate but things turned out ok so thats good.

Okay so ngl, typical or no my eyes are fully on Bench. I know its typical to Vote no elimination but it really feels like it was a defense of a scumbuddy, probably, or on Espy. Gotta try to be sure, although to be fair no one is off my list yet tieher.... with how small this game is I wouldn't be surprised if there's unusual twists.

I'm gonna double check yesterday's posts but I thinnnk that's gonna be my vote for the day.]]

Fry shook his head. How awful, the two cats were gone. He eyed the remaining creatures. It could be anyone. That was the rules of the game. Anyone. The crazy lady. The weird man. Even... his gaze slid towards the nice man with white hair and a coat. The thought of it being him was terrible.

No, for now he wanted to hear what the crazy blond lady had to say. She'd been quick to pushback against the cats, and while he'd been reluctant as well she'd stood her ground...

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
And they were gone. A Brisa and Starr who remembered nothing and then got immediately killed. Figured.

Dave took a tight breath, arms folded. "Well, clearly whoever here's a doctor should've fucking gone for them. They were the obvious target. Kind of surprised the mafia even had the balls to go for them."

Maybe they were the doctor. Wouldn't that be fucking fantastic. Or the mafia had a strongman power. But they probably wouldn't waste that on someone who could just as well be a vanilla townie.

[[I'm going to have to reread D1 to be sure who I'd want to vote for, will do that tomorrow. Good night.]]

"Nobody fucking asked you."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Lusamine sighed. A shame. She never got that strand of fur.

No matter. There was still the Espurr. And she had learned something very interesting last night. Very, very interesting.

She spun around, and glared at Fry with a maniacal grin. "You."

[[Vote: Fry]]

[[ALRIGHT I HAVE A SMOKING GUN]]

[[I'm the Cop, I investigated Fry last night, and got a "Not Innocent"]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[EXCUSE ME WHAT

Vote: Fry]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

[[I swear to god if we solve this game in 2 days I will cry my eyes out

Vote: Fry ]]

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
[[Unless Bench is lying LMFAO, care to defend yourself Tetra?]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Bench *could* be lying, but this doesn’t seem like his style. Also that’s a HECKIN bold lie for a scum because the real cop could counterclaim so easily. Unless Chibi/Jackie were the cop, but scum would have no way of knowing if they were.]]

SparklingEspeon

Back on Her Bullshit
Staff
a Terrace of Indeterminate Location in Snowbelle
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. espurr
  2. fennekin
  3. zoroark
"Well, look at me being wrong..."

[[Hi I finally have time to sit down and inspect this

It's possible mafia could be getting desperate given we offed one of them in the beginning, but the only real way I see Mafia!bench being sensible here is if there are still two mafia members left (at which point we'd be one miskill from losing the game anyway). And that's provided they knew the actual cop wouldn't come forward and claim foul, which I just don't see as possible with only one role action.

Not sure what we're thinking, re: doctor - Chibi/Jackie may very well have had that role??? which would be. ironic.

Barring other information coming up/a defense from Tetra, I'm okay Voting: Fry for now. If that card flips innocent we know there's at least some foul play on Bench's side.

(Vanilla townie for the record, no role actions for me)]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Fry gave a furious hiss, jaws open wide and backing away. Why were they all turning on him? He'd wanted to find the real bad guy but... No! That crazy lady. She knew the truth. She knew what he was! He had to stop her.

[[first of all what the heck?! Second all what?

Third!! ... HAH! Not falling for that one duh. I mean i know I'm innocent but you just played your card and showed that you can't be trusted

vote: Bench

I'm innocent. Yeah duh, probably no one will want to believe me off rip but by the book or not we cannot discount Bench voting for no kill day 1, after the first vote was cast on Shini, undoubtedly their scum partner. In any other situation I'd never really doubt a cop but in a small game its just bold enough of a play to try and work and Bench has proven capable of deception and gambits before (Humblevale).]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Dave looked at Lusamine, deadpan. "Well, that's fucking boring."

The hissing creature she'd pointed at (it had a fucking cowboy hat, how on earth was so much insufferable godforsaken nonsense in his multiverse escapades cowboy-themed, was there a dead cowboy spirit fucking haunting him) had a voice speaking above its head, too, arguing Lusamine was the one. "I mean, on the face of it, that'd be a real fucking nonsense move to pull right now. The moment somebody implicated by a cop turns up innocent, we're going for the cop next. Pulling this gambit just means she loses. I guess she could just be trying to go out in style, or maybe she's just fucking nuts" -- honestly pretty likely -- "but she wasn't facing that much pressure."

[[Also, this play looks pretty different from the last time Tetra got accused by a cop while innocent... which could theoretically just be because she already suspected Bench and all, but ehhh it just doesn't feel very sincere to me.]]

"There are no weird third parties who want to help the mafia here. It's a clear-cut case of either it's her or the cowboy rat, unless she's an innocent playing like a fucking maniac." Which... well, in a vacuum he would've definitely believed this woman was some kind of malfunctioning robot, but she did have a guardian voice who only sounded about as nuts as the other board game gods. "We already won. Let's get on with the going through the motions."

[[Vote: Fry]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Welp…unless Bench is pulling an insanely bold stunt, I think that settles it. Doesn’t sound like people are gonna change their vote, and I for one am not convinced by Tetra’s defense, so…

Vote: end day early]]

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
[[End day early]]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[[End day early]]

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Fry bowed his head. "I been rootin and tootin, and by god I been shootin, but I ain't been kind. I'm sorry."

The day is quiet, with little discussion; there's not much to be be said after Lusamine's accusation. By the end, all fingers point at the tiny strange rodent.

Cracks appear in his orb as the timer hits zero, then it shatters entirely. Then with a glow and a flash of blue light, Fry is gone, leaving behind only the red shards of his orb.

Fry (Flyg0n) has been eliminatied. He was mafia.

There's a few moments of silence as the remaining people wait for darkness. But none comes. Instead, the Porygon from before comes forward.

"Excellent job. I must say, I'm impressed by your speed. You're free to go whenever you wish- All you must do is thinking about going home and your orb will assist you.

Final vote:

Fry (Flyg0n)
@IFBench
@HelloYellow17
@Sinderella
@SparklingEspeon
@Dragonfree

Lusamine (IfBench)
@Flyg0n

Night actions and role pms will come shortly.

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Night actions:
N1
Bench Inspects Flyg0n (result, guilty)
Sinderella protects UA and ChibiPika
Flyg0n Strongman Shoots UA and ChibiPika

UA and ChibiPika dies!

Role PMs

Tetra

This town ain’t big enough for all of us pardner. It’s a good thing this is just a game, because it looks like you’re gonna have a showdown. It may not be not what you want to do, but it’s just the way the dice roll. But you best be careful, because you’ve only got one shot.

Welcome to Vanilla Zoroark Simulator 1.0! You are a Mafia Oneshot Strongman.

Your team-mate is Jennifer (ShiniGojira). You may talk to them here at any time.

You have the following active abilities:
  • Each Night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die. Once per game, you may choose to upgrade this action to a strongman shot. This shot will always succeed, even if the target is protected or bulletproof.
You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

ShiniGojira

What better way to sow discord than as the bad guy of this little game. Your opponents may have a few tricks up their sleeve, but you have your own methods of sniffing the powerful out. And with that information, you’ll be able to subdue them, hopefully before they become a problem.

Welcome to Vanilla Zoroark Simulator 1.0! You are a Mafia Rolecop.

Your team-mate is Tetra (Fry). You may talk to them here at any time.

You have the following active abilities, but may use only one per Night:
  • Each Night, if no other member of your faction is performing this action, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.
  • Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn that player's role (but not their alignment).
You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Sind
It seems these people have gotten in over their heads, yourself included. It’s a good thing you know a bit of first aid. No one’s disappearing on Clovis LeClair’s watch. At least, if you chose right. You’ll just have to hope that it’s enough.

Welcome to Vanilla Zoroark Simulator 1.0! You are a Doctor.

Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from one kill that night.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Bench
You know beauty, and you know people. You can see right through their defenses and see the truth of who they are, even if they haven’t figured it out for themselves yet. And although you can’t accomplish your goals here, perhaps your insight can speed this game along, so that you can return to your work.

Welcome to Vanilla Zoroark Simulator 1.0! You are a Cop.

Each Night, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether that player wins with Town.

You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Yellow
It seems the game has given you nothing, no special skills to work with. Perhaps you should expect to get nothing by now, with everything you’ve been through. But you’re not helpless. You still have your wit. And you still have allies, even if you don’t know who you can trust.

Welcome to Vanilla Zoroark Simulator 1.0! You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no active abilities.

Free
Great, another one of these fucking games. And it looks like you haven’t even received a special skill this time to help your team out. All you have is your wit, so long as that hasn’t abandoned you, too. Delightful.

Espy
How odd, you’ve shown up in this weird world with all these strangers. And now your psychic powers are on the fritz, as if they weren't troublesome enough already. And to make matters worse, the game has given you no special skill to help your team. But that’s okay. At least you can rely on your wit.

Jackie + Chibi
Two hearts, beating as one, sharing a lifeline in this unfamiliar world. The game doesn’t seem to have given either of you any fancy skills, but at least you two have your wits to sniff out the bad guys. And at least you have each other.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Thanks for running the game, wind! And thanks to everyone who joined. Was a lot of fun getting to roleplay Bristarr again~

Top Bottom