• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[I'm busy, so I might not be around for EoD. If anyone need me for something urgent, please feel free to Ping me on Discord!

Good luck to any fellow town members!]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ok so one last thing, idk if there’s enough time but I’m curious.
@Panoramic_Vacuum should Seren flip innocent, what is your defense? What would you have to say for yourself?]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
[[ok so one last thing, idk if there’s enough time but I’m curious.
@Panoramic_Vacuum should Seren flip innocent, what is your defense? What would you have to say for yourself?]]
Steven's gaze never left the grandfather clock since he last spoke, watching the seconds tick away. Tick, tock. Tick, tock. His hand tightened around the little silver bell at his neck. Tick, tock. Tick, tock. His life in this fragile little vessel. Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

He heard the Espeon's curious ping, but there weren't any words left to say. Not today.

He swallowed thickly, watching the hand tick closer. The Mademoiselle shifting eagerly on her perch.

Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

[[Sorry, couldn't resist more flavor.

To answer your question, though, I have no idea what to say. I made a mistake? I read something definite in something uncertain? Everything about my role and my actions is the truth. Per some earlier flavor, I'm not sure what else I can offer to confirm my innocence other than a body, and sadly that means that's one body that will be claimed that isn't scum. If I'm wrong about this, I've dealt probably an insurmountable blow to the Town's efforts and all of the blame should land squarely on me.

I hope our plan works.

Good luck, everyone.]]

Night 3

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Throughout all the talk of elaborate plans and what-if scenarios, the finger of suspicion—the potential key to the game—remained firmly pointed at the one name that had been brought up again and again. Diamond.

The sableye snarled. There was no reasoning with these simpletons, but if that was where the sword would fall then so be it. He didn't wait for the clock to chime nor did he wait for the faux-yveltal to make yet another one of her trivial declarations; he would walk to stand directly in her gaze, unflinching. He only had one thing to say.

In one final act of defiance, Diamond declared, "A parade of fools, but no matter. You’ll all be yveltal’s sustenance eventually." He stared down Mademoiselle as he spoke who said nothing in response.

Instead, Mademoiselle spread her wings wide and pounced on the sableye, tearing away the ribbon fastened around his neck in the process. When Mademoiselle felt his body go limp, she climbed back on her perch, ribbon in claw, leaving the body behind. To an observer it all looked like a single, swift motion.

"Clever, clever," Mademoiselle said, apprising the ribbon. "Not much more left," she commented, presenting the crimson ribbon to the remaining crowd.
-
FINAL VOTE TALLY

5—Seren (Panoramic_Vacuum, HelloYellow17, Sinderella, Flyg0n, MintyMimix)
1—Panoramic_Vacuum (Negrek)

1—No Vote (Seren)

Diamond (Seren) has been eliminated. He was Mafia.
Day 4 will begin in
48 hours.

GAME END

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Once again, despite the appearance of an infernape upon the game board, no infernape joined the group in the dining hall. Perhaps that, as much as anything, could be construed as an admission of guilt.

Fortunately he hadn't gone far. A quick search found him in the kitchen, piling a plate with jellied meat and an apparently random assortment of berries. He jumped when the door opened, guiltily popping a truffle he'd been pilfering into his mouth as if to hide it from view.

"O-oh. Hello," he said uneasily. "I thought you were playing the game. I wanted to get here before all the good stuff was gone, so..." He drew himself up and squared his shoulders, putting on a haughty air. "Anyway, you never said I couldn't eat. That would be no fun!" He took an exaggeratedly large bite out of a payapa berry and proceeded to ignore the person who had found him. "Hmm, ith weird having teef," he muttered to himself.

There was no one else in the room. Perhaps it had just been a breeze that blew open the door. But Rocky's ears twitched as though he'd heard something. "What? I have to go out there? No. I don't want to play the game. It sounds mean. And you said you'd take care of it all for me." He picked a cream puff off another tray and popped it into his mouth. His face was pensive, as though he was concentrating hard. Perhaps there was a voice, incredibly faint. Or maybe what Rocky was listening to was something only he could hear.

"A surprise?" His tail curled into a vague question-mark shape. "Is it a good surprise?" But this time, it seemed that if anything responded, even he couldn't hear it. Rocky remained where he was a moment longer, chewing and giving the empty air a hard look. The door swung gently on nothing.

After a moment the infernape set his plate aside, curiosity apparently too great to bear. He pulled the door open himself and ventured out into the dining hall, wondering what was up.

*​

Neo stalked silently down the darkened hallway, ears forward and eyes bright. He paused at a corner, just shy of the entryway to the dining hall, and nervously his tail.

What if…what if he was wrong?

No. If he didn’t act now, more players would…not die, surely not that, this was just a game, after all…but they would get thrown out. Even if they were smart and didn’t deserve it, like Splotch Cat and Cat Girl. And Neo didn’t think that was very fair. He had to try.

Wes had always talked about “following your gut feelings,” after all. Was this one of those times? Neo thought so.

The dining hall was eerie at night, all shadows and ominous silence. The room suddenly felt too big for Neo’s comfort, but he ducked under a table and waited anyway. Soon, the last bad guy would show himself.

It wasn’t long before he saw it—flames flickering in the doorway, sending frantic shadows dancing across the wall. So it was him, after all. Neo felt a jolt of elation at that. Of course he’d been right! Had he ever been wrong? How ridiculous he’d been to doubt himself. He was too smart for that! But it wasn’t over yet. He needed to make this shot count.

He waited until the culprit came nearer, then sprang out from under the table with a snarl, tail puffed up and back arched. His forehead jewel sparked with energy, and the glasses on the nearby tables quivered. This game would end right here, right now! He would make sure of it!

He locked eyes with his startled opponent, then, with a yowl, fired a beam straight through his chest. The glasses around him shattered from the psychic blast, spraying glittering shards in every direction. They looked like raindrops in the moonlight.

His opponent crumpled to the floor. Neo’s aim had been true; slowly, the flames died down, reflecting dimly off the glass shards that littered the floor, then they went out altogether.

Neo threw back his head and yowled in triumph. He had done it! Just as he said he would! He, Neo, had solved this game and proven just how smart he was! Not even Snot Bird could mock him now!

Pleased, he sat down and began to groom his ears. He spared a glance at the motionless figure on the floor—by the sands, he sure was out. He wasn’t dead, right? Neo had only meant to beat him, not kill him…

Yeah. He’d be fine. Just a game, after all.

Neo returned to grooming his ears.

*​

Hours passed. In the darkest hour before the dawn, silence permeated throughout the mansion. What needed to be done had been done, leaving only one thing left to do.

The sharp sound of footsteps rippled through the stillness, marching towards the fallen infernape. When the source drew near, one would be surprised not to find Mademoiselle but a human woman, standing before the victim of the night with an expressionless look. Her sliver hair shimmered and flowed behind her and she wore a gown and headdress that was evocative of the yveltal that orchestrated this entire game to begin with.

The woman bent over and pulled the ribbon away from the infernape's neck, holding it towards a window to see its hidden colour in the dim moonlight. Though it was hard to see, she could decipher that the ribbon was that deep shade of red assigned to the killers. She smiled.

"And so it seems that our little game has come to an end," she said in Mademoiselle's voice. For this strange, strange mansion had one final, hidden property; during this one dark and lonesome hour, the mansion would reveal the true forms of those within it. An oasis of sympathy within this cruel and bitter manor.

She continued speaking, but she ignored the body on the floor. Instead, Mademoiselle looked towards the dark horizon and addressed a certain, absent somebody. "But don't think you've escaped from me with this little tangent, Altair. I will have my revenge on you yet."
-
Rocky (Negrek) has been eliminated. He was Mafia.
All Mafia players have been eliminated! The Innocent faction wins!

Role PMs+Night Action Log

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
Disguise (One-Shot Bulletproof)
This place, far from home and tiny-girl, is strange. Too strange. Dangerous even. Thankfully, as a mimikyu, your cloak will act as a natural defence mechanism from any danger—assuming that no one will try to ruin your handiwork. If they do, then you’ll become vulnerable and you wouldn’t want that, would you?

You are aligned with the Town and win when all Mafia-aligned players have been eliminated.

Once per game, if you would be eliminated during the night, you will survive instead. You will be informed when this ability has been activated but you will not know by whom.

Keen Eye (Role-Cop)
Stalking the shadows has its benefits. It may not be Faint Attack but you keep out of trouble and you can learn so much about others here—if only they weren’t so bad at hiding their secrets. At least it’ll be easy for you and that little gang you’ve amassed here. Anything to impress Yveltal, right?

You are aligned with the Mafia and win when the number of Mafia aligned players make up a majority of the remaining players. Your associates are Anti Bravoman (windskull), and Litno (ShiniGojira). You may freely communicate with other Mafia-aligned players in the scum-chat.

Once per night, you may choose to stalk a player. Assuming that there is no interference, you will learn of that player’s role at the end of the night.

Ally Switch (Bus Driver)
It seems that the universe is doing everything in its power to spite you. First, you are put into a small and insignificant body without your cool powers and now it’s telling you that you have to align yourself with the killers. However, (un?)fortunately, it seems that you’ve been thrown a bone to help out with your new, unjust mission. With a simple flick of your new ghostly tail, you can swap the occupants of any two rooms. Neat, right?

You are aligned with the Mafia and win when the number of Mafia aligned players make up a majority of the remaining players. Your associates are Diamond (Seren), and Litno (ShiniGojira). You may freely communicate with other Mafia-aligned players in the scum-chat.

Once per night you may choose two other players to swap. If you do, any other night actions that would have targeted the first player target the second player instead, and vice versa.

Defiant (Tracker)
What a sham! You were promised the banquet of a lifetime but all this “Mademoiselle” wants you to do is to sit around while a select group of players is running about trying to kill everyone? Well, anyone else might, but you? What does she take you for, some kind of sitting ducklett? (nevermind the fact that you could be mistaken for some sort of waterfowl. That’s besides the point! It’s up to you to take some initiative to try and find out what’s going on—or at least tell whoever’s moving about to keep quiet.

You are aligned with the Town and win when all Mafia-aligned players have been eliminated.

Once per night you may choose another player to follow. Assuming that there is no interference, at the end of the night you will be informed what player(s), if any, they targeted with an ability during the night.

Guillotine (Even-Night Vigilante)
You may look like a regular bisharp but those looks hide a much greater strength, one that will make this so-called “Mafia” regret even considering messing with you. Unfortunately, considering the move’s …inaccurate tendencies, you’ll need a night or so to focus on your target to ensure that you actually hit your target but when you do, they won’t even know what hit them.

Starting from Night 1, once per even-numbered night (night two, four, six, etc.) you may choose a player to attack. Assuming that there is no interference, that player will be eliminated at the end of the night.

Tailwind (Motivator)
It’s gonna take some getting used to but your new form does come with a few benefits. Though you haven’t gotten the hang of flying yet, you can whip up a pretty powerful tailwind with your wings. Not much use to you but that burst of speed might prove to be a valuable asset to the players who appear to be much more active at night.

Once per night, you may choose a player to use Tailwind on to increase their speed. Assuming that there is no interference, that player will be allowed to use their ability twice the next night.

Charm (Roleblocker)
All this talk about killing and mafias when all you wanna do is enjoy some good food and make a few new friends, so why not do just that? You’re best off doing it at night, after all, you want to make as many friends as possible, and what better way to do it than to give yourself a head start at night?

Once per night, you may choose a player to charm. Assuming that there is no interference, that player will become too distracted to take any action that night.

Devastating Drake (One-Shot Strongman)
You’re not strong, or all that brave, and you don’t have a very good feeling about any of this, but there is something powerful about that strange blue crystal you found in your room after a bit of exploring. You aren’t exactly sure on what to do with it, but those nice pokémon seem to be more than happy to help you out here. It’s probably worth a shot…

You are aligned with the Mafia and win when the number of Mafia aligned players make up a majority of the remaining players. Your associates are Diamond (Seren), and Anti Bravoman (windskull). You may freely communicate with other Mafia-aligned players in the scum-chat.

Once per night, you may choose a player to attack. Assuming that there is no interference, that player will be eliminated at the end of the night. Once per game, you may choose to unleash the Z-powered move, Devastating Drake. This attack cannot be blocked, stopped, redirected, or healed, guaranteeing elimination at the end of the night, unless something prevents you from targeting a player entirely.

Limber (Cop)
There are perks to being back to your old size. At the back of your room, there is a hole in the wall, just large enough for you to fit right in. Navigating the secret passages, seemingly built just for you, you will find yourself within the walls of every other room in this strange mansion. The walls are thin, so it will be easy to eavesdrop on whoever’s inside and find out whose side they’re really on.

Once per night, you may choose a player to eavesdrop on. Assuming that there is no interference, you will learn of that player’s alignment at the end of the night.

May: Substitute (Doctor)
Becoming a pokémon is quite the shock to the system, especially if you came here with the expectation of meeting and battling with other trainers. The sooner you get out of this, the better. But in the meantime, it might be worth practicing a move or two. Maybe something simple, like Substitute! That’s a move a lot of pokémon can learn, including meowstic. Additionally, you get the feeling that you might be able to model your substitutes on the pokémon here, which might be useful, especially if things are going to get intense, what with the god of death appearing right in front of you…

Once per night, you may choose a player to base a substitute on. Assuming that there is no interference, that player will be immune to any attempts at elimination during the night.

The Self-Appointed Move Tutor (Jack-of-All-Trades)
Why are so many players shocked and upset about being a pokémon? Being a pokémon is awesome. You can use so many moves and abilities and who better to prove it than yourself? …Unfortunately, you may have used your moves a bit too much because of how cool and awesome they are, and since that silly trainer of yours has been pretty stingy with the ethers and the bacon lately, you’re pretty pressed for power points; meaning that you’ll only be able to use each move once… Oh well! Better make it count!

Once per night, you may choose to use one of four abilities:

Psych Up (Cop):
No better way to know your opponent better than copying them with a bit of self-hypnosis!
When you use this ability, assuming that there is no interference, you will learn of that player’s alignment at the end of the night.
-​
Protect (Rolestopper): The best offense is a good defense—at least that’s what they say. Nothing can break through your Protect! Although you can’t seem to use it on yourself here. What’s that about?
When you use this ability, assuming that there is no interference, your target will be unaffected by any other ability used on them that night.
-​
Psychic (Vigilante): Nothing beats your psychic ability, in fact, it’s so potent that it can take anyone out in one hit! Of course, you should probably save this one for the more malicious looking pokémon, just in case they, y’know…
When you use this ability, assuming that there is no interference, that player will be eliminated at the end of the night.
-​
Dig (Commuter): Sometimes, the best way to confuse your opponents is pulling a vanishing act! The best part is the looks on their faces! Priceless! The floor is pretty hard, but when has that ever stopped you?
When you use this ability, you become immune to all other abilities that night.
-​
Once an ability has been used, you will not be able to use it again for the remainder of the game.

NIGHT 0
ACTIONS
windskull swaps ShiniGojira with unrepentantAuthor
MintyMimix blocks Fusion
HelloYellow17 investigates Dragonfree
unrepentantAuthor investigates Dragonfree
Seren investigates Dragonfree
Panoramic_Vacuum tracks Seren
Dragonfree heals ShiniGojira (swapped from unrepentantAuthor)
ShiniGojira shoots Fusion

RESULTS
HelloYellow17’s investigation result: Innocent
unrepentantAuthor’s investigation result: Innocent
Seren’s investigation result: Doctor
Panoramic_Vacuum’s investigation result: Followed to Dragonfree
Fusion dies!

NIGHT 1
ACTIONS
windskull swaps ShiniGojira with Flyg0n
MintyMimix blocks Panoramic_Vacuum
unrepentantAuthor investigates ShiniGojira (swapped from Flyg0n)
Seren investigates unrepentantAuthor
Panoramic_Vacuum tracks HelloYellow17 (blocked)
Dragonfree heals Panoramic_Vacuum
Flyg0n motivates Panoramic_Vacuum
ShiniGojira shoots Dragonfree

RESULTS
unrepentantAuthor’s investigation result: Mafia
Seren’s investigation result: Cop
Panoramic_Vacuum’s investigation result: You received no result
Panoramic_Vacuum is motivated!
Dragonfree dies!

NIGHT 2
ACTIONS
HelloYellow17 stops unrepentantAuthor
MintyMimix blocks Seren
unrepentantAuthor investigates HelloYellow17
Seren investigates Sinderella (blocked)
Flyg0n motivates MintyMimix
Panoramic_Vacuum tracks Seren
Panoramic_Vacuum tracks windskull
windskull strong-shoots unrepentantAuthor

RESULTS
unrepentantAuthor’s investigation result: Innocent
Seren’s investigation result: You received no result
Panoramic_Vacuum’s investigation result: Followed to no one
Panoramic_Vacuum’s investigation result: Followed to unrepentantAuthor
MintyMimix is motivated!
unrepentantAuthor’s protection is pierced!
unrepentantAuthor dies!

NIGHT 3
ACTIONS
MintyMimix blocks Sinderella
MintyMimix blocks Negrek
Panoramic_Vacuum tracks MintyMimix
HelloYellow17 shoots Negrek
Negrek shoots MintyMimix (blocked)

RESULTS
Panoramic_Vacuum’s investigation result: Followed to Sinderella and Negrek
Negrek dies!
The Innocent faction wins!

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((WOOHOO!!!!)
((Thank you Inke for hosting, thank you Pano for the art, thank you Negrek for subbing in, and thank you all for playing! This was incredibly fun!))

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Yo wait what????

GOOD SHOT YELLOW WOW]]

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Thanks for running a highly entertaining game, Inkedust! Glad I had the opportunity to play. Good game, Town!

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Poster Collage_public.jpg

Lose the bell, lose your soul. Welcome to the Mademoiselle's Banquet.

A collage of the character hype posters for each of the Banquet's participants, painted over the course of the game. A huge thank you to Inkedust for planning and hosting this game! And a huge thank you to all of the players, it was an absolute treat to play with all of you.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
View attachment 2067

Lose the bell, lose your soul. Welcome to the Mademoiselle's Banquet.

A collage of the character hype posters for each of the Banquet's participants, painted over the course of the game. A huge thank you to Inkedust for planning and hosting this game! And a huge thank you to all of the players, it was an absolute treat to play with all of you.
GORGEOUS WORK OMG

Seren

Lurking
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. sableye
Aahhhh I was hoping you'd put all of them in one piece! They look fantastic all together like this!

Top Bottom