• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] THE MADEMOISELLE'S BANQUET (December Mafia)—GAME THREAD

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Pano can follow... OH! Pano can follow me. Then Pano needs to be able to tell everyone who I visited. You'll know it can be confirmed truth because you all know I'm town! Alt Pano can follow yellow either.
Untitled_Artwork 8.pngNeo liked this plan! He liked Dragon Bug, too, despite his earlier misgivings. This was a smart plan.

[[

Ah, well, at least Seren't post didn't completely upend everything. A relief to only have a couple pages to look at today. On the other hand, it pretty much comes down to whether Seren is lying and made a mistake by claiming Absorber without realizing the contradiction with Pano's N0 tracking result, or whether Pano is lying and made a mistake by claiming a visit result on a player with a passive role.

...which is a tough call for me, tbh. From my perspective, the only seriously major suspicious thing Seren's done is defend Shini. Plus that if Pano's telling the truth, his claim above doesn't work! While on the opposite side, Pano's play has felt off to me from what I've backread of the game. Plus, of course, if Seren's telling the truth above, her claim doesn't work! I do know that her explanation for what's gone on in the game so far is incorrect, since I'm not mafia, but unfortunately it does fit nicely and I can't find any direct contradictions, I guess except Seren's . But something has to be wrong there. On the whole I just feel worse about her than I do about Seren. Although it may certainly be bias, since Seren's posted so much less and so has had fewer opportunities to screw up!

Buuuut I'll also be real and say that I fear a scum team with Pano on it more than one with Seren on it. I think Pano is an overall safer lynch, and one that helps a lot with resolving the game state. People seem pretty dead-set on lynching Seren at this point, so I doubt it matters, but

Vote: Panoramic_Vacuum
@Inkedust

But I will assume Seren's getting lynched today. In light of that, what should we do at night?

If Seren flips innocent, things could get pretty bad! I think that would pretty much confirm Pano as scum, with either Sind or Minty as a partner. Pano/Minty is the worst possible scenario, as Minty can shoot twice and may be able to strongshot someone; one way or another they'll get at least one death. If they managed to get shots off on two different (non-Sind, who'd be innocent in this scenario) people, it would just come down to whether I picked the right heal target and/or whether Yellow could prevent it somehow. If not, that mafia team wins tomorrow night.

If the scum are Sind/Pano, then Minty has to choose between me, Sind, and Pano as block targets. We could end up with either one or zero dead based on who Minty picks and if I'm on point with my heal and unblocked. I guess in this scenario Minty should just make whatever they think the most correct blocks are and then hopes to live until tomorrow to report who they blocked, and if so we can try to sort out what went down from there. One way or another, in this scenario I think we need to lynch Pano tomorrow regardless and then sort out me/Sind the day after. Lots of uncertainty, it pretty much sucks. However, there's at least no way for scum to outright win tomorrow night in this scenario unless they've been sitting on a big secret power. But we will need to lynch correctly tomorrow or straight lose. If anyone has suggestions for mitigating risk in this scenario, I'm all ears.

If Seren's innocent I don't think there's really much we *can* do to confirm anyone's roles, except potentially in the case of Sind/Pano scumteam and Minty blocking them as outlined above. There are too many unknowns. I think the best thing to do is if Minty's Town, they block the two people they're most suspicious of from among me, Sind, and Pano--if they guess right and nobody dies, there's very likely at least one scum among those two. I think that if Pano's Town, her general best bet is to track Minty, as insurance against Minty dying or scum!Minty lying about targets. This is not perfect because scum!Pano could always lie about tracking targets, but I don't see any way to get around that; just something we'd need to be aware of and pick through on the following day. I think my best play is always just to heal whoever I think most likely to die tomorrow night, easy enough. And if Sinderella's town she should, of course, just chill. :p

At this point I'm simply leaving Tetra and Yellow out of the equation, unless anyone thinks there's a reason to keep them in. There is not much known about Yellow's ability at this point, and I think she ought to keep it that way. Since I think she's very, very likely Town, I trust her to use whatever she thinks is best at her discretion. I would also personally suggest that Tetra use her power on Yellow tonight if she uses is on anyone; picking wrong with it tonight would be very bad, and I think everybody else is under at least some degree of suspicion. (Unless it might get weird with Yellow's powers? That'd be for Yellow to say one way or the other if she's concerned.)

If Seren flips mafia, obviously things are a bit easier. The remaining scum is either Minty or Sind (like it could theoretically be Pano, but I don't think it's worth worrying about at that point), but of course we have to try to confirm my role, too. ;) And the remaining scum will only be able to kill, if this game is at all like the other ones that have taken place on TR.

In this case, I think Pano is cleared and should track Minty. Minty should block me and Sind. If someone dies, we know that Minty is scum. (or technically it could be pano/tetra/yellow, but at this point I'm simply discounting that possibility altogether) If someone doesn't die, then if Pano tracked Minty and it says they went nowhere, I think we can identify them as scum. The tracking is just intended to cover the potential case that this is a game where mafia are allowed to abstain from killing. Otherwise, if Pano tracked Minty to me/Sind, and there were no deaths, we know that one of me or Sind (so, Sind) is mafia. And nobody dies! So we can lynch the biggest suspect in the next Day and be in a really good position. Hope for this outcome, lol.

]]

Untitled_Artwork.png He shot a nervous glance at Roasted Chicken. [[Negrek.]] For starters, it was unnerving how he had suddenly appeared and replaced Spooky Tree. And yet, he had made some good points, too. Snot Bird was very suspicious…but so was Pebble Muncher, and if Chicken was friends with the latter and they were both bad guys, then of course he would try to defend him and draw attention elsewhere!

Neo found a patch of sunlight on the lush carpet and settled down, tucking all his paws beneath him and wrapping his tail around himself. He would just have to watch very closely for now. Watch and wait. After all if Pebble Muncher did turn out to be a good guy…then that all but confirmed Snot Bird as a bad guy, and made things that much easier! …at least, he hoped so.

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[ I think that works to confirm Pano, but ime if Seren flips mafia Pano's pretty much confirmed anyway and it'd be more valuable for her to track Minty. ]]
Untitled_Artwork 1.png Neo pondered for a moment. Then, a little hesitantly, he sent a ping to Roasted Chicken.

If Pebble Muncher is good, then Tall Psychic [[Minty]] should block Snot Bird and Rag Gremlin [[Sind]].

If Pebble Muncher is bad, then Tall Psychic should block Roasted Chicken and Rag Gremlin, and Snot Bird should track Tall Psychic.

Untitled_Artwork 11.png Hm! He was satisfied with this. He turned to the others and chirped, asking them all with a psychic ping for their thoughts.

[[Its possible someone else has already propose this exact same plan, and if so, I’m sorry lol. I cannot keep track of all these hypothetical situations haha]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((Ninja'd by Yellow. WIP post below for proof:))

((Right, so, in light of the clarification, here are the two scenarios from how I see it:
  • Seren flips Mafia.
I really hope this happens, because this makes my job so much easier. Pano gunning is confirmed / Pano is cleared, and I roleblock Negrek and Sind. No one dies (either because ability block or strategic abstain), we get two confirmed innocents (myself and Pano, as the roleblocked can confirmed they were roleblocked), and Pano gets another night of investigation.
  • Seren flips Innocent.
This is where things a bit more complicated, because then we have to question who was telling the truth about their roles. Let me see if I can do theoretical pairings in a future post.
Pano can follow... OH! Pano can follow me. Then Pano needs to be able to tell everyone who I visited. You'll know it can be confirmed truth because you all know I'm town! Alt Pano can follow yellow either.
[[ I think that works to confirm Pano, but ime if Seren flips mafia Pano's pretty much confirmed anyway and it'd be more valuable for her to track Minty. ]]
I actually really like this idea. Let's do this: @Panoramic_Vacuum, if Seren flips Innocent, track Tetra. Then, at start of D4, immediately note Tetra's action. Tetra and the Motivated can confirm thereafter. The absolutel
))

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
[[It looks like your post might have been cut off in the quoted part!]]
((Nope, that was intentional; Wanted to show I was midway through writing it before y'all posted so that when I finish my thoughts it's not just me nodding my head and going along with the crowd. :b))

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
[[Ah, I see! Good to know]]

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui
Neo found a patch of sunlight on the lush carpet and settled down, tucking all his paws beneath him and wrapping his tail around himself. He would just have to watch very closely for now. Watch and wait.
[[Also it is important that you all know that this means Neo is loafing right now. Is it important for the gameplay? No. But you needed to see a loafing Espeon in your heads. Okay, you may continue.]]

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven remained seated against the leg of the table and listened as the Infernape talked. He'd have been more baffled as to how an Infernape was part of this game now if he wasn't already so numb. Except the side of his face; that still stung. Damned Mimikyu.

Well, this was what he wanted, right? Everyone talking and thinking and theorizing about the game. It only took three days and several bodies to loosen everyone's tongues. And finally he was able to connect the dots with what he'd learned each night. But it only got him so far, only so close to the full truth.

Despite all that, though, he was sure of one thing. Slowly, he stood, rising to his feet and turning to face the group. "The gem-eater is one of them, he has to be."

Almost everyone present could see it, too. Almost everyone... He felt the weight of the Infernape's words, their vote. It was only fair, after all. He'd pointed the finger at them first. But unlike them, he had evidence. He'd seen them enter the Purrloin's room, and the Purrloin never came out.

If the other killer wasn't the Infernape, then who could it possibly be? He'd played every card he had, laid it all out in the open. The only option left was to depend on the others in the room. He grimaced at the thought.

In one quick move, he reached up to the bell hanging around his neck, and grasped it in his hand. He stared hard at everyone assembled in the room.

"If the Sableye doesn't flip scum today, I'll save you all the trouble and remove this myself."

[[This is all just flavor but I wanted to at least acknowledge that Steven (and to the same extent, me) realizes he is a dead man if he's wrong about this, since a ribbon and a body would be the only way left to actually prove his innocence.

So, that being said, what's the plan again? Minty and Yellow's plans differ. If Seren flips Mafia, who am I investigating? Minty? If Seren flips Innocent (which I am praying doesn't happen) Minty's saying I should track Tetra, but Yellow is saying I should be blocked. What's the consensus here?

I'm inclined to want to follow Yellow's plan as she's the only one who knows what her powers will do in this situation.]]

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
[[

If Seren's mafia, I think you should track Minty.

If Seren's innocent I think you have to be mafia, at which no one should listen to what you say and you can "track" whomever you like, lol.

]]

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[typing a post now. Hesitant to trust Negrek but rereading eveyrything rn, one sec]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((Yellow and I are almost aligned, here's my thoughts in full:
  • Seren flips Mafia.
I really hope this happens, because this makes my job so much easier. Pano gunning is confirmed / Pano is cleared, and I roleblock Negrek and Sind. No one dies (either because ability block or strategic abstain), we get two confirmed innocents (myself and Pano, as the roleblocked can confirmed they were roleblocked), and Pano gets another night of investigation. @Panoramic_Vacuum, if Seren flips Mafia, track me. You should at least get one of the two in the result.
  • Seren flips Innocent.
This is where things a bit more complicated, because then we have to question who was telling the truth about their roles.
I actually really like this idea. Let's do this: @Panoramic_Vacuum, if Seren flips Innocent, track Tetra. I will then be Roleblocking you [Pano] and Sind. Then, at start of D4, immediately note what Tetra's action was before Tetra posts at all, regardless of success or failure.
  • If it succeeds, then one of us lied. If you think I lied, Tetra and the Motivated can confirm thereafter, thus clearing you and confirming that I'm Mafia. Of course, if Tetra dies, and you still claim the investigation succeeded and the Motivated corroborates, I guarantee all of you those two would be the remaining Mafia duo. I will insta-lock vote on one of them and go for the throat.
  • If it fails, then at least you know that I was telling the truth, assuming your innocent (which probably isn't the case). From there, it's a matter who died. The Motivated and Roleblocked should come out and say who was targeted, and Tetra and I will corroborate/object accordingly.
The wildcard here is Yellow. I trust her judgment on this and if @HelloYellow17 @Flyg0n either of you feel that Pano should target someone else in the event that Seren rolls innocent, please let me know.
))
[[Also it is important that you all know that this means Neo is loafing right now. Is it important for the gameplay? No. But you needed to see a loafing Espeon in your heads. Okay, you may continue.]]
((Psychic cat bread is something I kneaded in my life, thank you))

HelloYellow17

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. suicune
  2. umbreon
  3. mew
  4. lycanroc-wes
  5. leafeon-rui

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
((Pronouns got all sorts of mixed in my post, sorry. tld;r my suggestion:
  • If Seren is Mafia, I block Negrek+Sind, Pano tracks me. We confirm a bunch of good things,
  • If Seren is Innocent, I block Pano+Sind, Pano attempts to track Tetra. Pano immediately posts the result regardless of success or failure. Successful track means me or Pano are lying, failed track means we gotta corrobate each other's motivated/roleblocked stories. Roleblocked is trickier because it is contextual rather than notification. Yellow will likely come into clutch here.
))

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
  • Seren flips Mafia.
I really hope this happens, because this makes my job so much easier. Pano gunning is confirmed / Pano is cleared, and I roleblock Negrek and Sind. No one dies (either because ability block or strategic abstain), we get two confirmed innocents (myself and Pano, as the roleblocked can confirmed they were roleblocked), and Pano gets another night of investigation. @Panoramic_Vacuum, if Seren flips Mafia, track me. You should at least get one of the two in the result.
[[per my role PM information, if my target is tracked to multiple places, I will get all results of all their night activity. So unless I'm reading my PM wrong, I will see *both* of your actions, Minty, if I track you tonight.]]

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
((Pronouns got all sorts of mixed in my post, sorry. tld;r my suggestion:
  • If Seren is Mafia, I block Negrek+Sind, Pano tracks me. We confirm a bunch of good things,
  • If Seren is Innocent, I block Pano+Sind, Pano attempts to track Tetra. Pano immediately posts the result regardless of success or failure. Successful track means me or Pano are lying, failed track means we gotta corrobate each other's motivated/roleblocked stories. Roleblocked is trickier because it is contextual rather than notification. Yellow will likely come into clutch here.
))
[[ I think it would be better not to announce ahead of time who you're hoping to block if Seren flips Town. Makes it harder for mafia to disrupt you/mislead people based on your stated intention. Block the two people you consider most suspicious/dangerous! ]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
[[per my role PM information, if my target is tracked to multiple places, I will get all results of all their night activity. So unless I'm reading my PM wrong, I will see *both* of your actions, Minty, if I track you tonight.]]
((Perfect. Praying that Seren rolls Mafia and we get all good info tonight.))
[[ I think it would be better not to announce ahead of time who you're hoping to block if Seren flips Town. Makes it harder for mafia to disrupt you/mislead people based on your stated intention. Block the two people you consider most suspicious/dangerous! ]]
((Good advice for the future, thank you. I would think at least one of them would be obvious, at least, if you consider my position as hypothetical Town-oriented Role Blocker. The other one though... hm))

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
[[Okay so... that all tracks I guess. Everyone knows their roles. Hopefully we're right and Seren is scum. Just to review:

Scum!Seren
-Pano follows Minty {The next day, they can confirm each other somehow. Scum!Seren means they can't both be scum}
-Minty blocks Sind/Negrek {This should prevent any kills, in theory}
-Yellow does their thing
If this happens, we should probably examine Negrek?

My next biggest sus is Negrek tbh

Innocent!Seren
-Pano follows Me and has to immediately correctly report who I visited (the person I visit should stay quiet)
-Minty Blocks Sind, Negrek
-Yellow does their thing

Also we should scrutinize Pano so heavily if Seren is innocent I guess.

Even if I die we can at least reasonably know they're telling the truth, if the person I boost can confirm Pano.

The goal with the plan isn't going to be necessarily disguising our plans or even knowing everything, but as always, forcing Mafia's hand to make them strategically abstain or not be able to kill at all.

Please, if I made any mistakes or something doesn't add up, let me know!

Alright so. If I don't make it, I hope that you all are able to solve this. My main sus for now is still Negrek, and then Sind.

Good luck all. And if Yellow is scum, or minty, gg. thats some galaxy level stuff right there gosh dang.

((Good advice for the future, thank you. I would think at least one of them would be obvious, at least, if you consider my position as hypothetical Town-oriented Role Blocker. The other one though... hm))
((I trust you minty. For now. Negrek not so much. ALso the idea is announcing ahead of time so that stories can't be made up or lied about. If everyone knows what everyone is doing ahead of time its harder to make up a lie!))

Thank you for this blessed image]]

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
[[Okay so... that all tracks I guess. Everyone knows their roles. Hopefully we're right and Seren is scum. Just to review:

Scum!Seren
-Pano follows Minty {The next day, they can confirm each other somehow. Scum!Seren means they can't both be scum}
-Minty blocks Sind/Negrek {This should prevent any kills, in theory}
-Yellow does their thing
If this happens, we should probably examine Negrek?

Innocent!Seren
-Pano follows Me and has to immediately correctly report who I visited (the person I visit should stay quiet)
-Minty Blocks Sind, Negrek
-Yellow does their thing

Also we should scrutinize Pano so heavily if Seren is innocent I guess.

Even if I die we can at least reasonably know they're telling the truth, if the person I boost can confirm Pano.]]
((I'm 100% aligned to this. If you guys see me divert from this in any way, y'all can lynch me. I will stake that.))

Top Bottom