• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

[COMPLETE] Humble Vale Mafia

INFO HUB

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Welcome to Humble Vale Mafia!

On Saturday, 25 September 2021 20:00 BST (click for countdown!), we will be having a 24-hour Day Zero! This will simply serve as an icebreaker party, with no roles assigned and freedom to roleplay or just to hang out and chill. Get to know your fellow players! Sign-ups will still be open for Day Zero. Day Zero may also be open one hour early, depending on life circumstances for your GM.

On Sunday, 26 September 2021 20:00 BST (click for countdown!), the 0th Night will begin. At that point, the thread will be locked and roles will be assigned. Buddys will be assigned. Sign-ups will also be closed. Are you prepared?

Sign-ups are now closed. You may check the sign-up thread for info on other peoples' characters.

1. @IFBench (Gen the Oshawott)
  2. @AbraPunk (Palkia the Palkia)
  3. @Sinderella (Guzma, ya boy)
  4. @unrepentantAuthor (Salem the Purrloin morph) (pleas pet her)
  5. @Fusion (Kora the Zoroark)
  6. @Flyg0n (Possum the living god)
  7. @Inkedust (Mademoiselle the human who looks like a Yveltal)
  8. @DawningWinds
  9. @HelloYellow17 (Rui the human)
  10. @kyeugh (AZ the king, before he became a tall hobo)
  11. @Equitial (Amy the human)
  12. @Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone the human)

This list will not be updated or edited. The alignment flips of dead players will be included in the opening and ending posts for each Day, in order to avoid spoilers for future readers. Please use threadmarks to navigate to those posts.

-------------------------------------------------------

The roles for this game are unknown. Expect some shenanigans. Any information contained within your role PMs will always be truthful. Alignment flips will also be truthful. If all alive players vote to end the day, the day will be closed and votes for the execution will be tallied early.

You are free to roleplay or not roleplay. Please remember that roleplay flavour is not alignment-indicative - cinnamon roll characters can be assigned scum roles, and bastard jerk characters can be entirely innocent. Respect your fellow players!

BUDDY SYSTEM INFORMATION​

Humble Vale Mafia employs a Buddy system! But what is a Buddy system?

Throughout the entire game, all players will have at least one other player they may communicate privately with, at all times. You can strategise, theorise, roleplay, or simply just shitpost with your Buddy. You don’t even need to share your role info or alignment with your Buddy, if you don’t want to!

If you become an Orphaned Buddy (by means of your Buddy perishing, or an uneven number of players), don’t panic! Orphaned Buddys will be assigned to an existing Buddy system at random. The maximum number of people within a Buddy system is three (3). The minimum number is two (2).

Here are some simple guidelines for the Buddy system:

• All Buddy system communications must be here on the forums, via Private Messaging. The GM (Bluwiikoon) will set up all Buddy Chats, and will monitor the communications. Not every player of this game is active on Discord, so I hope you will understand this guideline!
  • If the members of a Buddy system change at any point, a new Buddy Chat will be created. This is so that any New Buddys cannot view prior conversations you have had.
  • The Buddy Chats will be labelled with the names of members of the Buddy system (for example - Bluwiikoon, Dragonfree, Phantump Buddy Chat).
  • If your Buddy system has three members, you cannot communicate with each Buddy individually or privately. You must communicate with both Buddys at the same time, in the designated Buddy Chat. It’s rude to leave a Buddy out!
  • Any private communication outside of the specified Buddy Chats is illegal and will make me very sad :( also I will have to modkill participants of illegal communications. Please respect the game’s integrity!

I would also like to request that discussion on the Thousand Roads Discord’s #forumgames channel be limited to comments on roleplay flavour. If you would like to speculate or react as a non-player, please ask to join the Spectator Chat! We will have #blind-speculation and #informed-speculation channels (the latter being reserved for players who perish and spectators who don’t mind chatting with fallen players).

Any further Buddy system details players need to know will be included within your role PMs.

If you have further questions, feel free to reach out to your GM (Bluwiikoon) (that’s me!!! :D).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign-ups are now closed. You may check the sign-up thread for info on other peoples' characters.

Last edited:
DAY ZERO start

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Welcome to the early opening of Day Zero! Chat amongst yourselves and get to know your fellow players :) We have snacks, drinks, and comfortable chairs! Break some ice! Destroy your peers with your dartboard scores!

Roles and Buddys will not be assigned until Night 0. Please check the first post for a countdown. Sign ups will continue to be open until Night 0 begins. Have fun!

For detailed descriptions and information on the characters people have chosen to roleplay as, be sure to browse through the sign-up thread.

"And for a short time, we were all as equals. There were no enemies, no animosities, just a bunch of friends having a good time."

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
Player pings:
  1. @IFBench (Gen the Oshawott)
  2. @AbraPunk (Palkia the Palkia)
  3. @Sinderella (Guzma, ya boy)
  4. @unrepentantAuthor (Salem the Purrloin morph) (pleas pet her)
  5. @Fusion (Kora the Zoroark)
  6. @Flyg0n (Possum the living god)
  7. @Inkedust (Mademoiselle the human who looks like a Yveltal)
  8. @DawningWinds
  9. @HelloYellow17 (Rui the human)
  10. @kyeugh (kyeugh)
  11. @Equitial (Amy the human)
  12. @Panoramic_Vacuum (Steven Stone the human)
If you would like to be added to a Discord pinglist or Forum pinglist (like this one) for phase changes, please message me!

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
A lone possum trotted into town, whiskers twitching as he sniffed around for food.

1632594203387.png

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
MAKE WAY FOR A VERY SPECIAL BOY

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
A small Oshawott waddled in shortly after, breathing rapidly and with a panicked look in his eyes.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Seeing the possum, his hyperventilating subsided a bit. He wasn't completely alone anymore.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"welcome, welcome, make yourselves at home," spoke a casually-dressed skeleton man. "more people should arrive sooner or later."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"Aaaaaah!" Gen yelped, clutching his reunion cape as he turned towards the skeleton. Trembling, he said, "Wh-who are y-you?"

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"i'm sans. sans the skeleton," he said, offering a handshake to Gen. "the big guy thought it'd be nice for you guys to have someone to talk to. you know, just in case you want to talk to a skeleton."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Steven Stone stood at the entrance to the small town and scrutinized the sign with a puzzled look. He shrugged his small duffle bag to the ground and fetched the map from its outer pocket. Double checking the name on the sign, he folded the map back up with a sigh. This certainly was Humble Vale, the destination of the brochure that Wallace had shoved into his hands along with a plane ticket. "It'd be a nice, relaxing getaway," he'd said. Except, as Steven watched a lone possum cross the road and disappear under the nearest porch, the town was completely empty.

"If Wallace's idea of a relaxing getaway is a place devoid of other people, I'd rather be in a cave..." he muttered to himself.

"In any case," he sighed, "I'll at least make the best of it since I'm already here. Now then."

Picking his duffle back up, he headed further into town, still scanning the quiet buildings for any sign of life. It was only when he spotted a sign for the local Inn that he finally spotted someone. A rather puzzling someone, to be specific. A short skeleton in a blue hoodie was cracking jokes at a nervous-looking Oshawott wearing a cape. Steven paused, still a bit uncertain of the whole situation, but figured if nothing else, maybe he could get some answers. He waved to the pair.

"Hello, is there where I might be able to book a room for the night?"

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"A-a skeleton?" Gen said.

...well, it wasn't any weirder than becoming a Pokemon.

He hesitated, then tried to shake Sans' hand. "Th-thanks."

Hearing another voice, he turned around, his eyes widening as he saw another human. "U-um..."

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"A-a skeleton?" Gen said.

...well, it wasn't any weirder than becoming a Pokemon.

He hesitated, then tried to shake Sans' hand. "Th-thanks."
Upon grasping the Oshawott's paw, the sound of flatulence erupted from sans's hand. Ah. A whoopie cushion.

"heh. sorry kid," he said, winking. "had to try it at least once."

Picking his duffle back up, he headed further into town, still scanning the quiet buildings for any sign of life. It was only when he spotted a sign for the local Inn that he finally spotted someone. A rather puzzling someone, to be specific. A short skeleton in a blue hoodie was cracking jokes at a nervous-looking Oshawott wearing a cape. Steven paused, still a bit uncertain of the whole situation, but figured if nothing else, maybe he could get some answers. He waved to the pair.

"Hello, is there where I might be able to book a room for the night?"

"but of course," said sans, turning to his new guest. "you must be that stone guy. steven universe, was it?"

He chuckled and winked. "i'm just messing with ya. welcome to the village, feel free to sample the snack bar. the name's sans. you're already on the list, so go wherever you feel like."

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
Upon grasping the Oshawott's paw, the sound of flatulence erupted from sans's hand. Ah. A whoopie cushion.

"heh. sorry kid," he said, winking. "had to try it at least once."

"but of course," said sans, turning to his new guest. "you must be that stone guy. steven universe, was it?"

He chuckled and winked. "i'm just messing with ya. welcome to the village, feel free to sample the snack bar. the name's sans. you're already on the list, so go wherever you feel like."
"Ah, thank you," Steven said hesitantly, still unsure how to process the eccentric joke-cracking skeleton. Sans, was it? And he'd said something about a list? Did Wallace sign him up for something else without telling him? Steven cleared his throat when he realized both oshawott and skeleton were staring at him. "I'm not hungry at the moment. I think I'll drop off my bag and go for a walk."

He turned to the oshawott and gave a slight bow. "My apologies for interrupting your conversation. Perhaps I'll see you a bit later around the town."

With a mental note to re-read that travel brochure and see if he'd skimmed over any parts that might explain what exactly was going on with this town, Steven headed into the Inn to find a room.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
A bit farther away from everyone else, there was a low rumbling noise.

A stark white patch formed on the ground, growing larger by the second.

The patch shifted, turning into something closely resembling a sphere.

Pink swirls of energy appeared around the sphere, and grew more numerous.

There was a flash of light, and the sphere disappeared, leaving one legendary pokemon in its place instead.

"Oops, wrong dimension." Palkia said as he observed his surroundings. "Sorry to bother, lemme just--" He snapped his fingers, fully expecting to be transported away. But nothing happened. "...Huh." He tried again. And again. Still nothing.

"Oh, great," He heaved out a sigh. "My shit doesn't work. Guess I'm stuck here for a while, then."

He looked over to the skeleton. "Hey, Halloween decoration, you know anything about what's going on here?"

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
"Ah, thank you," Steven said hesitantly, still unsure how to process the eccentric joke-cracking skeleton. Sans, was it? And he'd said something about a list? Did Wallace sign him up for something else without telling him? Steven cleared his throat when he realized both oshawott and skeleton were staring at him. "I'm not hungry at the moment. I think I'll drop off my bag and go for a walk."

"sure, no problem," said sans, with his ever-present smile. "it's a quiet place. good to get some fresh air."

"Oops, wrong dimension." Palkia said as he observed his surroundings. "Sorry to bother, lemme just--" He snapped his fingers, fully expecting to be transported away. But nothing happened. "...Huh." He tried again. And again. Still nothing.

"Oh, great," He heaved out a sigh. "My shit doesn't work. Guess I'm stuck here for a while, then."

He looked over to the skeleton. "Hey, Halloween decoration, you know anything about what's going on here?"
"oh hey," said sans, turning towards Palkia. "we've been expecting you. not sure why a space dragon was on the guest list, but hey, i'm not judging." sans pulled out a clipboard from... somewhere, tapping a finger on a line of indecipherable handwriting. "seems like someone made a reservation for you."

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
"W-wait!" Gen said, beginning to hurriedly waddle after Steven, only to stop and stare as PALKIA, LORD OF SPACE appears right to the left of him.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
There was no more time to vacillate. Mouth like cotton, AZ wrapped his hand—a craven, monstrous hand, though ordinary in appearance—around the lever. And he pulled.

The sky shrieked as AZ's device ripped a scar into it. Noise, so loud and furious it had no distinct sound, rushed AZ's ears and threatened to split them. He stumbled backward, blinded by the light, flailing his arms around him in search of something, anything to hold. He had done it. Gods, he had done it. Perhaps he would die for it. Perhaps that was worth it.

He tumbled onto the ground, and his heart lurched. What if, after everything, he simply dropped out the window and plummeted to his death? Fitting, maybe...

But he did not plummet to his death. He just hit the ground, quite hard, and then stayed there, all his senses but touch utterly overwhelmed. He clung to the ground and waited for it to end. The light. The roaring.

It felt like hours. The last thing he had seen before the light had become overwhelming was that red beam shooting into the sky, tearing a whole through it like it was fabric. His mind's eye could see nothing else in all that time.

Then the roaring stopped abruptly, and the searing pain of radiant light burning through his wrenched-shut eyelids subsided. The air was suddenly crisp, breathable. The scent of blood was gone. AZ lay there a little longer, clutching at his arms and shuddering, then cautiously pried one eye open.

"... to sample the snack bar," someone said. That someone... AZ opened his other eye and squinted in disbelief. A... skeleton?

So this was the afterlife. He hadn't expected such a thing to exist... and in the event that it did, he'd expected a much harsher one for someone like him.

With effort, he pulled himself to his feet and looked around. He was outside, in a settlement of some kind. Wonders abound—tall metal pikes that emanated light from their heads, a stone ground as smooth as masterfully-cut timber, towering buildings three or more stories high with radiantly colored facades, sheer and perfectly flush. This must have been heaven.

His marveling was interrupted by a loud growl from his stomach. He looked back at the skeleton, who upon a second examination seemed fairly amicable, actually. He knew he'd just done a genocide and all that, but... "Sorriye, goode sirr, but biþ ic muchlie hyngry. Per-happe, ein Snæck, cuðe ic hauen?" <Sorry, good sir, but be I muchly hungry. Perhaps, a snack, could I have?>
i do not know old english. i am 100% making this up for shits. get ready for a whole game of this

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Gen briefly stopped his staring at the Legendary to look at the new, incomprehensible voice. ...another human?! Did...did he somehow find a way back to human lands?

But then what about the living skeleton, and Palkia casually appearing?

"I...I-I..." Gen gripped onto his reunion cape as he trembled.

Bluwiikoon

waow!
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. nosepass-bluwiikoon
His marveling was interrupted by a loud growl from his stomach. He looked back at the skeleton, who upon a second examination seemed fairly amicable, actually. He knew he'd just done a genocide and all that, but... "Sorriye, goode sirr, but biþ ic muchlie hyngry. Per-happe, ein Snæck, cuðe ic hauen?" <Sorry, good sir, but be I muchly hungry. Perhaps, a snack, could I have?>
i do not know old english. i am 100% making this up for shits. get ready for a whole game of this
"certainly, sir," said sans, turning to AZ and gesturing towards a lineup of party food, shaded by colourful awnings. "help yourself to anything you want. looks like you could use a pick-me-up."

Luckily, Humble Vale has a passive effect where anyone can understand any language. Even Olde Kalosian. Even Possumese. Technology is incredible!

Top Bottom