• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Closed as of Nov 1. 2022. Dell's 2022 pre event RP

CLOSED

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
OOC: Hi everyone, I'm hoping you got your email letting you know this was up... sorry for how late in the day it's going to be...

Anyway here's the opening scene. Please fill in the blanks for your characters and we'll start bouncing off of each other and seeing how this is going to work. New people are welcome as this is an... audition piece but please post in Del's 2022 prep section first.

click here for more detail. https://forums.thousandroads.net/in...-your-characters-for-christmas-mashup-3.1273/

"You were busy doing -insert short explanation of what you were up to- with -important cast if applicable- but somehow someway... Between one moment and the other while your attention naturally wanders (you make a turn, blink, rub your eyes, clonk into a wall, the lights flicker, ect) where you are suddenly changed.

It's familiar... You've waited here before... (For meeting a friend, your other half, your boss, someone important) but it's not quite right. Despite dripping nostalgia, this version of the familiar leads you back to where you start no matter how you try to leave.

After a few rotations, laps, or moments just sitting still waiting, (feel free to describe the area you see around you) you realize you aren't as alone as you thought (cue other cast popping in) and in this place, with these people, there's this pervasive sense of "I'm waiting for something".

No one knows for who or what, but there's no rule about waiting quietly.

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[X] Observe UD_Lyra

"Oh, it's you."

[Unit010_100000111 is Unit010_100000111]

UD_Lyra maintains visual observation of Unit010_100000111.

"Listen, things are going badly enough already. Go be a useful little robot and help your trainer."

[UD_Lyra Lacks Command Privileges Over Unit010_100000111.]

UD_Lyra vents air from mid-facial intake valves. "You know what I meant."

[UD_Lyra Lacks Command Privileges Over Unit010_100000111]

Unit010_100000111 does not experience a lapse in attention. Unit010_100000111 is too efficient.

The world simply changes.

[Alarm Lvl 1100 Electronic Signals Lost. Re-establishing signals...]

[Alarm Lvl 11100 No Electronic Signals Found. Establishing contact with Class100 Unit...]

[Alarm Lvl 1110111 No Class100 Unit in range.]

Environment is familiar. LocalDesignation: Haina Valley. The ground is covered in a thick layer of shifting particulate matter. Ambient temperatures are 23% higher than is typical for Alola.

Differences in rock patterns detected.

Differences in reflected wavelength from particulate matter detected.

Option List:
[] Telekinesis
[] Continue Observation
[] Initiate Ramming

Initiate Ramming is the correct outcome in 91.4% of cases.

[X] Initiate Ramming

[Alarm Lvl 101 Ramming has failed to make lateral progress.]

Non-Units abruptly appear within 1001 meters of Unit010_100000111.

[] Initiate Communication
[] Initiate Ramming
[X] Evasive Maneuvers
[] Do Nothing.

Unit010_100000111 takes shelter behind Object: Rock.

K_S

Ooc: (So spidey roomba goes "boink" huh?)

The Boss was prickly and circumstances were making those poisen pins shine tonight. The lack of quality coffee before this emergency work related meeting got started was the tip of the golbat's fang...

And, honestly since Persian wasnt the one getting "bit". All the better. Aqua executive idiot one and two of deserved to be bit. And poisoned. And scratched.

After all they broke into Boss' territory so bites for one and all.

If there has one flaw with Boss it was that he got snappy when breaking a new 'mon in. And while not newly hatched new the one eyed Nidorino was a bit estupio. Inbred to heck to get perfect IVs it being stupid was understandable

If irritating.

So Boss was in full "Mr. Nag" mode tonight as he walked the Rino through how to properly encase a peone's feet in cement hard sandtraps before dumping them into the harbor.

Harchling stuff.

Still this was 'rinos day to get his paws bloody.

So if the title fit the Persian sits.

Not a sand anything type of 'mon Persian watched the Aqua peone who dared set up shop in Vermillion get trussed up.

Truthfully between Madona and Mew thier yowling and protests had been better than late night soaps.

Boss didnt quite share that view. So cue duct tape. The squeaky mewls and muffled "no"s had some charm though so Persian didn't complain.

All was well... Normal... If youll forgive the typing pun... until a flash of light made Persian and Boss look up.

The following click nailed it. Flash and clicks were cameras... Cameras were bad.

Bath level bad.

Electronics had quadrupal weakness to electric attacks. He'd learned thunderbolt to take them down and blanket permission to trian thier owners about "privacy" and "minding thier own biisness". Be it paparazzie or an entrepretuning ispotte the rules were the same.

All cameras must die... And there wa ketchup as a reward if he did the job fast.

So he ran. Bouncing up the nearest set of boxes to a taller one. Than one taller than that. A little scramble up a pillar of goods at the nearest corner and he was zooming along the support beams, tail up, looming down.

More than ready to teach a nosy parker some manners...

But after running stupid long.. Like all four legs hurting long... And seeing no parker or even the Boss and his dumb as dirt 'Rino...

Persian skidded to a stop with a baffled mew.

Where the heck was everyone?

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
Everything was so cool!

The pretty lanterns, the hustle and bustle of the festival, the absolutely amazing smells of the food around her. Everywhere she looked, she was met with stalls manned by pokémon and humans, chatting and selling their products with other humans and Pokémon as well as the lovely decor hanging overhead.

"Oh my gosh, Litno! This is so fun!" she said, twirling her way around a group of people and making her way towards her Goomy friend. "There's so many people around here!"

"To-too many people if you ask me," Litno said, taking care to not get smooshed by any passerbys. Fray scooped him up in her arms, giggling as he flushed and smiled. "Th-thanks, Fray."

"You're welcome!" Fray exclaimed, glancing around with a wide smile as she hovered over the crowded streets. "Where do you think we should go first?"

"I-I don't know. Where do you want to go?"

"Ooh, good question," she said, placing him down onto a nearby table. She tapped her chin, humming in thought before letting out a sigh with a shrug. "I don't know."

Litno furrowed his slimy brow. "Um... Mind getting a little closer, Fray?"

"Okay!" She flew upto his face, her sparkling eyes meeting his.

Blushing, he took the piece of paper out of her ribbon and plopped it onto the table. Captivated by the pretty pictures, she hovered around him, circling the slimy dragon and the paper.

"What does it say? What does it say?"

"Well... um, it says here that the local bakery's holding some kind of cheese-eating competition."

Fray let out a loud gasp. "Where? Where?" She glanced around, eyes scanning the area.

"It's in... Uh..." Before Litno could say any more, Fray had already bolted away, determined to find said bakery.

And as she flew and flew, the emptier the streets had become and not too long after, the streets and stalls around her turned into a small path leading to a house over a nearby hill, calm greenery of grass, trees and flowers providing her a strange sense of comfort.

Something about her surroundings were reminding her about... something... what was it? She wasn't sure. Whatever it was, it was telling her to reach the house, to meet up with... with... who?

Why did the thought of whoever it was make her sad? Agh, her head hurt. She didn't like thinking about this stuff, it wasn't fun.

The path she was flying over however, didn't seem to end, her destination always a bit further than she'd think it was.

Stopping over a nearby rock, she took in her surroundings and allowed the warmth of the sun to whisk her away from the fuzzy feelings in her head.

She blinked, now realising something. Where's Litno?

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Too many damned Eternatus Bombardiers. Gene was fast, but not "I can dodge twenty-six Hyper Beams" fast. Of course one was going to hit him. It just so happened that one sent him straight into an opening rift. After a quick flicker of pink and purple, the mewtwo found himself somewhere brighter. Quieter. And less full of Hyper Beams raining from the sky.

He looked around for the rift, luminescent, yellow-tipped tail swished curiously. Nothing. "Well, shit."

Gene flicked his right wrist. His large spoon materalized so he could lean against it and continue scanning the sky. A rift would open up soon enough. It was a matter of "when," not "if."

K_S

Ooc; thats one way to bump the thread. I was gunna give our last team member intil monday but they can mosey in later if they want...

Seeing an oversized hockey puck with ambitions of breaking gravity come out of nowhere was not the best way to start a patrol.

Much less the way to end a wierd one like this...

But it wasn't a coppers 'mon.. And aqua'd drop dead before getting ground kin anything... So it was some wilding from far flung whatever... This could be fun.. And as steel was a skip toss from ground... Might be worth a tussle to wear it out and herd the bosses way.

So taking a loong step back persian slinked out of the attacks rang and with paw a reach out and to the side and with a slash swung a pallet between ascending metalic spider kin and himself.

Hopefully the hockey puck would get stuck.

@Persephone. Rock.. Meet paper.

Last edited:

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
[Alarm Lvl 10 Attack Avoided;
UnknownObject Appeared;
UnknownObject Rammed;
Assessing Damage…;
No Damage Sustained]

[] Initiate Ramming
[] Inspect Unknown Oject.

Something new did appear. The object has never been observed in this location before. Unknown Feline’s Threat Level is Negligible.

[X] Inspect Unknown Object

K_S

It got stuck one minute max. And for that minute it was purrfect. Ringed round with pallet bits and splinters alob of a pokeball and the catch was all but guarenteed.

But that minute passed, spidey roomba shook free and hummed towards impact.

This was karma for that blasted ratatta last week.. Wasn't it? Ears slicked back... Hissing and spitting Persian met the tackle with a classy bounce to set him sailing over the ambitious pucks head. Dodging the attack.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Still leaning on his spoon, Gene glanced over his shoulder where he saw... a metang and a persian having some sort of spat. Most likely a couple of ferals falling back on basic instincts and trying to assert dominance or something. That was fine. He didn't need to get involved. The mewtwo would blow this popsicle stand soon enough. And the metang was either a poor enough psychic not to sense Gene or at least smart enough to know to leave him alone to avoid getting ultimate frisbeed into next Tuesday.

Reactions: K_S

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"The noodle speaks!" If Gene was surprised, he didn't sound it. "Guess this means there aren't only ferals around."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Dragonair maybe." Gene tapped his right temple. "But you're a pool noodle. Just like how Rayquaza is a space noodle." He twirled his right index finger around in a circle to simulate it orbiting a nonexistent planet. "And feral refers to a lack of sapience. Not all pokémon can think logically. Some of them can only rely on basic instincts, communicating with little growls and yips. There are sapient wild pokémon out there."

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
(OOC note: Sorry this is so late, I meant to type something way earlier but then I just kept forgetting. :unquag: )

"Consider yourself bested, you fiend! Never again shall you threaten the life of an innocent 'mon, for you now know what punishment awaits all those who--"

"U-Um, sir?"

Antares jumped slightly, and whirled around to face the Chansey he'd just heroically rescued from an ill-intentioned Lucario.

The Chansey glanced back and forth between him and the fallen Lucario, who lay sprawled on the ground, having clearly experienced a thorough thrashing.

"I-I just wanted to say, um... th-thank you. For, uh, saving me."

Antares grinned. "Ah, you are most welcome! If ever you are in need of assistance, I shall come to your aid, for I would not be the greatest hero in the world if I dared allow anyone to be harmed!"

The Chansey gave a thin, awkward smile. "O-Okay. Well, I should be going now, bye!" With that, she turned and waddled away towards the barely-visible town in the distance.

Antares sighed contentedly. Yet another successful heroic deed! He needed only to continue saving whomever he could, and soon he would be known by all as the greatest hero to roam the land!

<Imbecile. We have yet to understand your obsession with dramatic speeches.>

Antares' mood soured slightly as Zygarde's voice rang through his mind. It hadn't been his choice to become their Champion, and thus become permanently mentally linked with them, though he supposed it had ended up being for the best, as it was what had allowed him to finally get revenge on Reshiram for killing everyone he had considered his family.

"Hmph. Then I suppose you shall never understand, assuming you even wish to!"

<...Very well. Carry on with your inane 'duty'.>

"Gladly."

Antares catapulted into the sky, the power of the launch shaking the earth.

He would simply search for another 'mon to rescue. It would be simple.

As he flew over an unusually thick group of trees, he felt something in the air change. His stomach lurched, and he briefly felt as though he were weightless, adrift within the whims of gravity.

The moment passed, and a prickle of unease sat at the back of his mind.

After a few further moments of flight, he decided to land within the nearest clearing. To his surprise, there were a few other 'mons already there.

As he glanced around, he realized something that sent a chill down his spine despite his better judgement.

He could no longer feel Zygarde's presence in his mind. They'd disappeared right as he'd felt that sense of aerial vertigo.

Antares shook himself slightly. Despite his natural instinct to loudly introduce himself as the ultimate hero-- and Zygarde's very own Champion-- he thought it would be wiser to remain silent for now, and simply gauge the situation.

ShiniGojira

Multiversal Extraordinaire
Pronouns
He/him/they/her
Partners
  1. froslass
  2. zorua-gojira
  3. salandit-shiny
"Pffbt!" Where was he? She'd been searching all over the place, even under the same rock thrice but still no sign of that adorable little slime ball!

Fray pouted, crossing her arms. "Litno! Where are yo–" A shiny gleam caught her eye and she beamed, catching sight of some unfamiliar Pokémon and letting out a gasp. "New friends!"

No wait, she couldn't afford to be distracted now, she had to find Litno...

Find Litno... Find Litno... or she could maybe...

She glanced at the two mons that were currently engaged in some kind of game... at least she thought it was, what did games mean again? Did it involve dodging and fighting? Ooh, maybe they were playing tag, she loved playing tag!

No! Stay focus, she needed to stay focus and find her little friend, her cute little–

"Dragon!" she gasped, hands holding her cheeks. There was a dragon! A big, awesome and absolutely adorable dragon! Look at it and its little fins, tail and aah! She couldn't hold herself back, zooming towards the Garchomp in the blink of an eye and grabbing it by the chin, cooing at it with sparkles in her eyes. "Now, aren't you just the biggest wittle dragon ever! Your cute wittle eyes, your wittle claws and oh my gosh, you're so adorable!"

K_S

Ooc:

[Class010 Units Are Extremely Logical]

Tell that to my cat..

Fluffed in full, pale eyes glinting, Persian yowled. "Someone get this stupid mon'ocidal hoverboard away from..."

A quick look around find water water types everywhere. And worse an ex science experiment with a perchance for omnicide... And body paint... Just floating there...

Suddenly the roomba lost its relevence.

Which was little relevence all.

Fur doing a wonderful job of poofing all about.. Not just on his tail mind... Persian swollowed as he tallied legends against psuedo legend and league head cynthias one true love (and kiddie trainer dream breaker) and descided...

Without his master ball weilding trainer about he was not dealing with this crew.

Exit stage left however found him reapprouching the varried peanut crew at stage right... The only perk is he hadnt had to go down... The path that ran along the support beams of the warehouse ran on and on even if it dumped him exactly where he didn't want to be.

Granted that wasnt... Great... Considering there were floaters about but...

He could swing this.

Worse case maybe he could ride the roomba up and away like a ponyta...

Maybe.

Hopefully

Madona willing.

There was a grace to settling in.

Not quite loaf... Not quite sprawl.. That happy feline middle ground that said stillness... Recline... Ease.

With a slice of "if one of you even thinks of pointing a water gun at me i will slash your tails off..."

It was a familiar balancing act.. But who better to pull off that tonal tightrope than the protagonista cat type who always landed on thier feet?

"So Aqua's been branching out type wise i see... Didnt you kittens see the sign when you all swam in? Virmelliin territory. And Viridian corp owes this warehouse. These docks. This shipment. So...." Considering how young the youngest looked Persian twiddled a paw. "No Hoenn cagnolini are allowed."

Cagnolini ( lapdop)
Madona (like saying lady mary)
Protagonista : starring the leading man.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Gene looked at the milotic, sighing and shaking his head. "Me? I was from Earth. Till my idiot creator brought the wrath of the universe upon the planet. First Bahamut downs Team Rocket and destroys Cinnabar Island. Then Eternatus eats the remainder of Earth like the planet-devourer it is." He pantomimed his hand eating the air. "Earth's rayquaza is long dead. Though, there is a space noodle left. A chocolate-flavored one. He lives inside a drakloak."

K_S

ah a fun line in the sand eh ambyssin?

Grooming a paw then swiping at an ear Persian purred his amusmemt.

"Obviously this "earths" Rocket was a knock off faction. Vermillions branch... Simply helps with national security and keeping thise drown happy aqua-brats from sinking continents... Among other lucritive aspects... Youve my apologies for your encountering a clearly inferior and rabid branch amd the resultent surplus of noodles they left behind..."

Looking down at smallest mon... Tail twitching a slow back and forth.. Persian hummed... Haunches twitching and bunching just so...

"And what do we have here? Ah a teeny tiny piccolo spuntino..."

piccolo spuntino: tiny snack... Nibbles

Top Bottom