• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Cherry's Pokémon Crossing Art

Cherry_BombBees

flying in the name of love
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
Starting this thread with some reference sheets of my lads!

Attachments

• ref_sheet_1.png
    ref_sheet_1.png
    829.5 KB · Views: 24
  • ref_sheet_3.png
    ref_sheet_3.png
    823.2 KB · Views: 24
  • ref_sheet_2.png
    ref_sheet_2.png
    883.3 KB · Views: 24

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
These are super cool! I love the details of how the characters handle their pokéballs in particular... I haven't encountered a character who paints their pokéballs to distinguish them before, but it makes a lot of sense! (And would be a fun project.)

Thanks for sharing!

Cherry_BombBees

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
These are super cool! I love the details of how the characters handle their pokéballs in particular... I haven't encountered a character who paints their pokéballs to distinguish them before, but it makes a lot of sense! (And would be a fun project.)

Thanks for sharing!
I'm glad you like that detail c:

And it makes sense; Tank's a natural artist so of course he'd have fun painting them. Kidd is a flashy coordinator so naturally he'd lean towards stickers, and Benedict is a reckless League challenger so he doesn't have time or patience to decorate his weapons of choice :copyka:

Cherry_BombBees

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
A drawing I did a while back; featuring my protags in a cutesy "what if they met when they were children AU" :quag:

Attachments

• very smol.png
    very smol.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

Cherry_BombBees

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
Eyyy, this is really cute. Kidd looks a lot happier here, heh.
Thank you :D! I was very proud of myself for finishing it.

And yeah, Kidd would've been a lot happier if he had even one friend in his childhood. Well now he has two!

Last edited:

Cherry_BombBees

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
End of the World, PokéCross edition

Attachments

• end of the world.png
    end of the world.png
    315.2 KB · Views: 5

Cherry_BombBees

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
"You can run from a trainer battle, yes yes, but do you really want to, hmm?"

205c4b0a3320762d62ca6a69893504fa14a3c9c9.pnj

lichhen

gay
Pronouns
he/they/ze
Partners
  1. metapod-shiny
This art is amazing. You obviously have a LOT of thorough ideas, and you execute them very well and cohesively. These characters are just fantastic. I love Nook's battle pose. So cool.

There's so much to like about each design, I can't pick a favorite. I feel like Benedict appeals to my typical taste in characters. I like his colors and his outfit is a glorious balance of Gender and Being Ready! His hair is cute, and i LOVE his feather patterns.

Tank's shapes are my fave! His ears??? SO CUTE. and his outfit! i would wear it! including the uneven pant legs! Hes also such a creative omg. Really love how you drew all the accessories. They look very precise.

IRL, I am Kidd. The outfit, the stolen pins. I love his yellow accents. I like all the differing poses and expressions between all the main three.

The way they look in the childhood drawing is sooooooo cute, I love Benedict!!

Cherry_BombBees

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
This art is amazing. You obviously have a LOT of thorough ideas, and you execute them very well and cohesively. These characters are just fantastic. I love Nook's battle pose. So cool.

There's so much to like about each design, I can't pick a favorite. I feel like Benedict appeals to my typical taste in characters. I like his colors and his outfit is a glorious balance of Gender and Being Ready! His hair is cute, and i LOVE his feather patterns.

Tank's shapes are my fave! His ears??? SO CUTE. and his outfit! i would wear it! including the uneven pant legs! Hes also such a creative omg. Really love how you drew all the accessories. They look very precise.

IRL, I am Kidd. The outfit, the stolen pins. I love his yellow accents. I like all the differing poses and expressions between all the main three.

The way they look in the childhood drawing is sooooooo cute, I love Benedict!!
Thank you so much :D!~

Tom Nook is a lot stronger than he lets on, and his ace shows it :eyes: (he's very Johtonian so I had to give him a Johto ace)

A lot of their character designs come from canon, but with a generous sprinkling of fun clothing. Benedict's hoodie was a necessity since I love big comfy hoodies on both myself and characters, Tank's outfit had some Goh inspiration (the baggy pant legs) and a sprinkling of Jojo flair (the ripped crop top and fun jacket), and Kidd is just a fancier version of his Animal Crossing self (and of course, the big old scarf).

And yes, Benedict's always had long flowing hair (based on some gijinkas I did of him before I started the fic). His haircut is loosely based on mine (same length, except a different color).

Top Bottom