• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Character Groupchat

Information

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
I just had the idea for this on a whim, and I thought it'd be fun!

Introducing the Character Groupchat!

What is it?
The Character Groupchat is similar to the Group Communication thread from Blacklight, except not tied to a RP campaign. We RP our characters being in a groupchat together!

How do I use it?

Just make up a username for your character(s), then hop in! No signups needed, you can just jump in!

The format for sending regular messages is this:

Username: Message

And the format for sending private messages is this:

Username1 > Username2: Message

Use [] brackets for OOC communication. You're free to tell who your characters are, but that isn't strictly necessary.

I'm not sure how to have my character join the groupchat.
Here's a few ideas!
  • Arc-Phone, delivered straight to your character!
  • Your character's phone/other device suddenly has an app for this groupchat!
  • Your character finds a weird device, connected to this groupchat.
Don't limit yourself to just these ideas, though! If you have another idea, go right ahead and use it!

If you have any questions, feel free to message me, whether on the forums or on Discord! I'll do my best to answer your questions! I'll be updating this post with frequently asked questions.

Have fun RPing!

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
[Well, I'm interested in this, but I wanna have a few things cleared up first. I can use any character, right? It doesn't have to be a preexisting one I made? And would interdimensional communication be possible in this?]

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
[Yes, yes, and yes!]

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
In another universe, one without Pokémon, modern and seemingly-mundane but with a hidden alternate world that was accessible through a smartphone app, a blue, yellow-crested chameleon was fiddling with a tablet. He was currently residing in the attic of a café alongside a black cat and a high school student, the latter two being asleep for the night. He was going through his research notes until he stumbled upon a strange notification. He didn't remember ever downloading any online chat apps into his tablet; he only had the company he worked for as his only contact, but unfortunately, he could not reach them. Nonetheless, he tapped the notification in curiosity and in hopes of being able to reach anyone back in Galar and finding a way back after being sucked from dimension to dimension.

The username "ReunionWott" intrigued and relieved him. At last, someone from the Pokémon world--an Oshawott, he presumed. Maybe a Dewott? Why would they use that username? Was there a meaning to it? He would get his answers eventually once he replied.

A wild Dimensional_Agent has appeared!
Dimensional_Agent: Hello to you! I don't know how or why this is happennin', but I'm glad we bumped into each other.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Dimensional_Agent: Wish I could say I'm having a good time, but... Well, for starters, I'm far away from home. Like, uh... 😓 Dimensions away--hope you understand :|. I don't think you'll be able to help me much, but anything will be appreciated.

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
red_eye97 has joined!
tripleaxelking has joined!
BugFucker69 has joined!

tripleaxelking MON CHOU, YOUR USERNAME HAHAHAHAHAHA
tripleaxelking HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE?
BugFucker69 STFU I DONT WANNA TALK ABOUT IT
red_eye97 I really hope nobody else is here, you're both clowns :rolleyes:
BugFucker69 But we're UR clowns, baybeeeeee
tripleaxelking 💗💗💗
red_eye97 ...anyway
red_eye97 Hello out there

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Dimensional_Agent: Uh... Hello? Well, that was quite the first impression.
Dimensional_Agent > red_eye97: You seem to have some wacky friends. I like them--seen my own fare share of crazy pals in my travels.
Dimensional_Agent: So, uh, anyone of you mind helping me with something?

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
red_eye97 My trophy husbands have a habit of really setting the mood
BugFucker69 I prefer my entrances dramatic
tripleaxelking No Guz, I think you're just loud
tripleaxelking @W. Papadakis When in doubt, just /s
BugFucker69 @Dimensional_Agent Depends what you need

red_eye97 > Dimensional_Agent I like them too or I wouldn't be dating both of them lol :smile: I do apologize though, they share approximately one brain cell when they're together.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Dimensional_Agent > red_eye97: Dating? Aw, so sweet. Lucky you. :yes:
Dimensional_Agent: Well, the issue has something to do with Palkia and interdimesional travel. Long story short, I'm stuck in another world. I don't know if any of you guys are familiar with all this.
Dimensional_Agent: Oh, and hello there to you, too.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Dimensional_Agent: Oh, this is different from Ultra Space. Where I’m at isn’t really a Pokémon world. I can try to explain it all to you, but I’m not sure you’ll understand everything. 😅

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
BladedLeaf: Did someone add me to some kinda LARP chat by accident? My phone's too old to properly support leaving groupchats, I can delete it but it pops back up whenever sends a message. Does someone here have the privileges needed to kick me?
BladedLeaf -> Amethyst Crystal: Also, what're you on about with ultra wormholes?

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

IFBench