• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Catnip Circle

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
AN: SInce this took me an extra 2 days to get this up I've edited the turn in time to reflect that. Story reviews re due on 4/28/2023

As navigating this is an agony via edit screen from my phone I'm going to break tradition and set up the results of the rolls as a new post.

Tier one reader results.

ifbench will get aleister fic (Link for Ifbench) Finished

Aleister will get ifbench's tale (Link for Aleister) done. Done

Umbrianic will review minnachu's work (Link for Umbramatic)
Done. Umbrianics review

Minnachu will review umbramatic (Story one or story 2) DONE review

Lichen will read Forestoak (Link for Lichen) DONE Link to review

and last Forestoak will read Lichen ( Link for Forestoak) DONE. For's review

Tier two and tier three results

Blackjack has Torchic (black jacks link) done Review link

torchic has BlackJack (done) reviewLink

Railgun has bluesidra (Blue's story)
DONE Railguns review

bluesidra has railgun (Link for Railgun) DONE Blus review

Joshthewriter has abrapunk (Link for Josh)

abrapunk has josh the writer (Link for Abrapunk)

K_S has kyuegh (My link) done

kyuegh has K_S (Link for Kyuegh)

Sastrei has Spiteful (story 1 story 2 story 3) done. Link to review

Spiteful has Sastrei (link for spiteful)

SPECIAL LINK FOR ALL TIER THREES:

INTRO fic for

railgun rail's extra story. DoneReview
joshthewriter josh's extra story
Bluesidra blue's extra reading,
DONE Link
me my last bit of extrea reading. Done

All Tier threes dm me at your convenience to send me the link of the extra story you want me to review for taking up the extra reading.

Last edited:

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
Hello everybody! It sure has been a while.

July 4th Game

giphy.gif

Organizer: Canis

Sign-ups open until Friday, July 7th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

You have until the end of the countdown to submit your fic of choice. You may change it anytime up until the rolling takes place. Submit to me via TR or Discord DM.

Review window opens: once your assignment is rolled
Review window closes: Monday, July 10th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

If there's anybody entered you already know is fully caught-up on the fic you've chosen, let me know before I roll and I can re-roll if it lands on them. If you don't PM me and let me know, I'll assume we're good to go and the roll will stay as-is. Also note that while hosts can accommodate CW restrictions, we can't accommodate genre requests.

This round has a review word count minimum of 200 words, excluding quotes. Use this site to check your wordcount. Note that this is just the total review word count, not words per chapter. Stuck on things to say? Check out this post for a list of reviewing tips and tricks!

Submissions

@canisaries - Hunter, Haunted [reroll if Nebula, Chibi, Negrek, Ambyssin] [cw gore, violence, occult]
@Blackjack Gabbiani - Sight [reroll if Torchic]
@Minnachu - Camaraderie: The Journey of Palmer and Løvgren
@tomatorade - What the Gods Gave Me [cw gore]
@Starlight Aurate - To Speak Again [reroll if Pen, Dragonfree] [cw violence, death] [do not assign gore, sexual content, occult]
@SparklingEspeon - Crashing Fate
@Cresselia92 - Morsels of Heartwarming [reroll if Torchic, bluesidra, lichhen]
@Negrek - The Foolish Oddish [reroll if kyeugh, Forestoak, Flyg0n, Cresselia]

Last edited:

canisaries

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
August 1st Game

feWu9C.gif

Sign-ups open until Friday, August 4th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

You have until the end of the countdown to submit your fic of choice. You may change it anytime up until the rolling takes place. Submit to me via TR or Discord DM.

Review window closes: Monday, August 7th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

If there's anybody entered you already know is fully caught-up on the fic you've chosen, let me know before I roll and I can re-roll if it lands on them. If you don't PM me and let me know, I'll assume we're good to go and the roll will stay as-is. Also note that while hosts can accommodate CW restrictions, we can't accommodate genre requests.

This round has a review word count minimum of 200 words, excluding quotes. Use this site to check your wordcount. Note that this is just the total review word count, not words per chapter. Stuck on things to say? Check out this post for a list of reviewing tips and tricks!

Submissions
@canisaries - Hunter, Haunted [reroll if Nebula, Chibi, Negrek, Ambyssin] [cw gore, violence, occult] or PMD: Abnormality [reroll if GumPlum] [cw body horror, death]
@Shizzza - Scry The Past [cw violence]
@Nekodatta - Timeslip
@Flyg0n - Legendary Adventures or Home Is Where The Hoenn Is
@Blackjack Gabbiani - Sight [reroll if Torchic, Cress]
@Torchic W. Pip - I'm a Marionette [reroll if ShiniGojira or kintsugi] [assorted content warnings, see thread] [do not assign gore]
@Sinderella - White Swan, Black Swan [cw gore, occult themes, drug usage, talk of sexual assault, stalking] [reroll if Seren]
@HelloYellow17 - Of Sand and Shadows [cw PTSD, violence] [reroll if Bench, Jackie]
@Minnachu - Camaraderie: The Journey of Palmer and Løvgren [reroll if canis]
@Junebug44 - Branches of Sinnoh
@Spiteful Murkrow - Fledglings [reroll if Virgil134]
@Negrek - Salvage [cw violence, gore, suicide] [reroll if Pen, Chibi Pika, Dragonfree, Ambyssin, Starlight Aurate]
@kyeugh - Unown Quantity

Assignments

Last edited:

canisaries

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
August 16th Game

pokemon-meowth.gif

Sign-ups open until Saturday, August 19th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Review window closes: Wednesday, August 23rd 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Submissions

@canisaries - Hunter, Haunted [reroll if Nebula, Chibi, Negrek, Ambyssin] [cw gore, violence, occult], Kills-Other-Humans [reroll if Dragonfree] [cw blood, abuse] or PMD: Abnormality [reroll if GumPlum] [cw body horror, death]
@Joshthewriter - Journey (main story or any side story) [cw violence]
@Torchic W. Pip - Happiness Is... This [reroll if kyeugh] [do not assign gore, violence, body horror or suicide]
@Blackjack Gabbiani - The Future Between Us [reroll if torchic]
@Nekodatta - Timeslip
@Shizzza - Scry The Past [reroll if junebug] [cw violence]
@Negrek - Salvage [cw violence, gore, suicide] [reroll if Pen, Chibi Pika, Dragonfree, Ambyssin, Starlight Aurate]
@Junebug44 - Branches of Sinnoh

Assignments

Last edited:

canisaries

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
August 28th Game

d062b1147fc2bd3ae3c9db382f3932f0.gif

Sign-ups open until Thursday, August 31st 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Review window closes: Monday, September 4th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Submissions

@canisaries - Hunter, Haunted [reroll if Nebula, Chibi, Negrek, Ambyssin] [cw gore, violence, occult] or PMD: Abnormality [reroll if GumPlum] [cw body horror, death]
@Blackjack Gabbiani - The Devil You Know [cw terrorism] [reroll if K_S]
@Extension_Driver - transient shelter from the storm [do not assign gore]
@slamdunkrai - Will I Follow? [cw blood]

Assignments

Last edited:

canisaries

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
September 18th Game

tumblr_oln3s2m83t1vpbs3jo1_500.gif

Sign-ups open until Thursday, September 21st 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Review window closes: Monday, September 25th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Submissions

@canisaries - Hunter, Haunted [reroll if Nebula, Chibi, Negrek, Ambyssin] [cw gore, violence, occult] or PMD: Demon [reroll if Ambyssin] [cw gore, violence, domestic abuse]
@Cresselia92 - Morsels of Heartwarming [reroll if Torchic, bluesidra, lichhen, Starlight] [do not assign gore, blood, heavy violence or heavy themes]
@Blackjack Gabbiani - At The End of Forever [cw death, offscreen violence] [reroll if AbraPunk or K_S]

Assignments

Last edited:

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
October 28th Game - Halloween Special

Organizer: Spiteful Murkrow

Sign-ups open until Tuesday, October 31st Midnight EST [countdown here]

No gimmicks this time around, other than that if you happen to have a more spooky story or chapter you wish to enter, you might find it worthwhile to enter in this round. You have until the end of the countdown to submit your fic of choice. You may change your entry anytime up until the rolling takes place. Submit to me via TR or Discord DM.

Review window closes: Monday, November 6th Midnight EST [countdown here]

If there's anybody entered that you already know is fully caught-up on the fic you've chosen, please let me know before I roll so that way I can re-roll if it lands on them. If you don't PM me and let me know, the roll will stay as-is. Also note that while hosts can accommodate CW restrictions, we can't accommodate genre requests.

This round has a review word count minimum of 200 words, excluding quotes. Use this site to check your wordcount. Note that the minimum applies only to the total review word count, and not to words per chapter. Stuck on things to say? Check out this post for a list of reviewing tips and tricks!

Submissions

@Spiteful Murkrow - [NO AUDIO] [reroll if Namohysip, Umbramatic, Bluwiikoon, K_S, IFBench, Sinderella]
@Nekodatta - Timeslip [cw light swearing, violence]
@canisaries - Hunter, Haunted [cw gore, violence, occult] [do not assign sexual themes]
@tomatorade - What the Gods Gave Me [cw mild gore]
@Blackjack Gabbiani - Three Times I Carried You [cw major character death, off screen violence, SV spoilers]
@IFBench - Day of Heroes [reroll if canisaries, Ambyssin, HelloYellow17, Sinderella, Torchic W. Pip, GumPlum, lichhen, Railgun, Aliester] [do not assign heavy themes or strong gore/violence]
@Persephone - World Myth Encyclopedia (Any entry)

Assignments

Last edited:

canisaries

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
December 12th Game

97d7cbba7098931120ffcd5cb58309aa.gif

Sign-ups open until Friday, December 15th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Review window closes: Tuesday, December 19th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Submissions

@canisaries - Hunter, Haunted [reroll if Nebula, Chibi, Negrek, Ambyssin] [cw gore, violence, occult]
@K_S - Transversal oneshots [varying cws per oneshot]
@Blackjack Gabbiani - Sight [reroll if K_S, Sind, Cresselia]
@tomatorade - Between the Mountains and the Sea [cw violence, abuse]
@SparklingEspeon - Do Psychic Cats Dream of Electric Sheep?
@Flyg0n - Legendary Adventures or Home is Where the Hoenn is
@Sinderella - White Swan, Black Swan [reroll if Seren] [assorted cws, see thread]

Assignments

Last edited:
Reactions: K_S

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
tumblr_mqrros60J01r3ifxzo1_500.gif

January 11th Game - Blitz Oneshot Twin Edition

Organizer:
Spiteful Murkrow

Sign-ups open until January 14, 2024 at 0:00 EST [countdown here]
Special Condition: Oneshot Double Trouble - Okay, so for those of you who took part in Review Blitz 3 or 4's Double Trouble Catnips, the rules are simple: if you'd like to enter twice (in exchange for reviewing two stories), you may do so. With one catch:

Your submission(s) must be one-shots that qualify for the Week 3 theme bonus. Since hey, it's a busy time in everyone's lives for reading and reviewing, so might as well incentivize people for giving your stories a gander. Like a normal Double Trouble Catnip, you may submit one story twice or two stories once apiece, so long as they meet the additional theme criteria.

You have until the start of January 14, 2024 at 0:00 EST (29 hours after the start of Week 3) to submit your fic(s) of choice, and complete any outstanding reviews you have from prior Catnips to be eligible for entry. You may change your submission(s) anytime up until the rolling takes place. To enter this round, send me a message on Discord or TR DM with the following information:

Fic Link:
Content Warnings:
[if applicable]
Reroll Candidates: [see below]

(*) Reroll candidates: If there's anybody entered you already know is fully caught-up on the fic you've chosen, or who is actively in a review exchange/is your beta for this fic, let me know before I roll and I can re-roll if it lands on them. If you don't PM me and let me know, I'll assume things are good to go and the roll will stay as-is. Also note that while hosts can accommodate CW restrictions, per the rules of Catnip, I can't accommodate genre requests.

Review window closes: Beginning of Week 4 of Review Blitz 5 - January 20, 2024, 0:00 GMT [countdown here]

This round has a review word count minimum of 250 words, excluding quotes. Note that this is just the total review word count, not words per chapter. Stuck on things to say? Check out this post for a list of reviewing tips and tricks!

Submissions

@Spiteful Murkrow₁ - Hunting Game [reroll if Dragonfree, K_S, Pen, Namohysip, Starlight Aurate, Flyg0n, BestLizard] [cw abuse]
@Spiteful Murkrow₂ - [NO AUDIO] [reroll if K_S, Bluwiikoon, Umbramatic, IFBench, Namohysip, Persephone, Sinderella, Venia Silente]
@canisaries - Vivarium [cw language, graphic violence, torture, psychological horror, overall disturbing themes]
@IFBench₁ - Final Ascent [reroll if nekodatta, Venia Silente] [do not assign heavy themes]
@IFBench₂ - Day of Heroes [reroll if canisaries, Ambyssin, HelloYellow17, Sinderella, Blackjack Gabbiani, GumPlum, lichhen, Railgun, Aleister, Nekodatta] [do not assign heavy themes]
@JFought - Searching for a Resolution [reroll if Chibi Pika, HelloYellow17, lisianthus, Sinderella, Negrek]
@Blackjack Gabbiani₁ - Restart [reroll if IFBench, K_S, Flyg0n] [cw cult behavior]
@Blackjack Gabbiani₂ - In Vino Veritas [reroll if SparklingEspeon, Sinderella, K_S] [cw child abuse, descent into madness]
@Sinderella₁ - Sind's Totally Tubular Bingo Prompt/Drabble/Scrapped Scene Thread [reroll if Inkedust, Seren] [cw strong language]
@Sinderella₂ - Storm Surge [reroll if Love, Starlight Aurate, Zion of Arcadia] [cw drowning imagery, near death experience, strong language]
@Starlight Aurate₁ - To Speak Again [reroll if Dragonfree, PeN, Negrek] [cw violence, death] [do not assign occult themes or gore]
@Starlight Aurate₂ - Kokiʻo keʻokeʻo [cw sexual assault, gore, human violence] [do not assign occult themes or gore]
@SparklingEspeon₁ - Life - Celebi's Tale [reroll if bluwiikoon] [cw heavy themes/death]
@SparklingEspeon₂ - Life - Celebi's Tale [reroll if bluwiikoon] [cw heavy themes/death]
@Flyg0n₁ - From the Ashes [reroll if kintsugi, ErazonPo3, tomatorade, Mirage] [cw minor blood, violence, death]
@Flyg0n₂ - The Cake is Ready [Whump Day Oneshot] [reroll if unrepentantAuthor, HelloYellow17, K_S] [cw implications of emotional abuse, bullying]
@Negrek₁ - What Was Left Behind [cw violence]
@Negrek₂ - Peregrine [reroll if Spiteful Murkrow]

Assignments

Last edited:

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
15ac7b48858a6fb6a37be11bd4b00a93.gif

January 20th Game - Blitz Finale Twin Edition

Organizer:
Spiteful Murkrow

Sign-ups open until January 22, 2024 at 0:00 EST [countdown here]
Special Condition: Sharing the Love Double Trouble - Okay, so for those of you who took part in last week's Double Trouble Catnip, the rules are the same as there: if you'd like to enter twice (in exchange for reviewing two stories), you may do so. With one catch:

Your submission(s) must qualify for the Week 4 theme bonus, meaning that they must not be on this list of non-qualifying stories. Since hey, it's a busy time in everyone's lives for reading and reviewing, so might as well incentivize people for giving your stories a gander. Like a normal Double Trouble Catnip, you may submit one story twice or two stories once apiece, so long as they meet the additional theme criteria.

You have until the start of January 22, 2024 at 0:00 EST (53 hours after the start of Week 3) to submit your fic(s) of choice, and complete any outstanding reviews you have from the January 11th Catnip or any other prior Catnips to be eligible for entry. You may change your submission(s) anytime up until the rolling takes place. To enter this round, send me a message on Discord or TR DM with the following information:

Fic Link:
Content Warnings:
[if applicable]
Reroll Candidates: [see below]

(*) Reroll candidates: If there's anybody entered you already know is fully caught-up on the fic you've chosen, or who is actively in a review exchange/is your beta for this fic, let me know before I roll and I can re-roll if it lands on them. If you don't PM me and let me know, I'll assume things are good to go and the roll will stay as-is. Also note that while hosts can accommodate CW restrictions, per the rules of Catnip, I can't accommodate genre requests.

Review window closes: End of Review Blitz 5 - January 29, 2024, 0:00 GMT [countdown here]

This round has a review word count minimum of 250 words, excluding quotes. Note that this is just the total review word count, not words per chapter. Stuck on things to say? Check out this post for a list of reviewing tips and tricks!

Submissions

@Spiteful Murkrow₁ - Dragonspiral's Children
@Spiteful Murkrow₂ - Village Pokémon
@Cresselia92₁ - Wonderful Winter Wishes [reroll if Negrek, Forestoak, Joshthewriter, Railgun] [do not assign gore, heavy violence or heavy themes, or excessive blood]
@Cresselia92₂ - Morsels of Heartwarming [reroll if Railgun, bluesidra, lichhen, Starlight Aurate, Blackjack Gabbiani] [do not assign gore, heavy violence or heavy themes, or excessive blood]
@canisaries - Hunter, Haunted [reroll if NebulaDreams, Chibi Pika, Negrek, Ambyssin, K_S] [cw gore, violence, occult] OR The Way Home
@K_S₁ - Transversal headcanons and oneshots (any oneshot) [cw abuse, violence, check notes for each oneshot for specific contents]
@K_S₂ - Transversal headcanons and oneshots (any oneshot) [cw abuse, violence, check notes for each oneshot for specific contents]
@tomatorade₁ - Shepard Tones [reroll if love] [cw references to death and sex, light blood]
@tomatorade₂ - Between the Mountains and the Sea [cw violence, swearing and adult themes, death, references to abuse and alcoholism, consult first post for full list]
@Blackjack Gabbiani₁ - Answering Machine [reroll if K_S] [cw canonical character death]
@Blackjack Gabbiani₂ - Walls [reroll if Sinderella, Arukona, K_S]
@Sinderella₁ - Of Mon's First Disobedience [reroll if love] [cw body horror, themes of abuse, strong language]
@Sinderella₂ - Poison & Pecha Berries [reroll if Seren, love, or Starlight Aurate] [cw themes and discussions of sexual assault, strong language, and discussion of murder]
@kintsugi₁ - motivating objects [reroll if Negrek, Pen, Persephone, seatherny, kyeugh, Wildboots, aer] [cw references to abuse from a parent]
@kintsugi₂ - mountains will never [reroll if love, auspicious, bluesidra, Dragonfree, Flyg0n] [cw death]
@SparklingEspeon - Tales from the Pokemon Centre [reroll if Spiteful Murkrow]
@windskull₁ - Any fic linked in this post aside from Places We Call Home [cws listed on OP of each story]
@windskull₂ - Any fic linked in this post aside from Places We Call Home [cws listed on OP of each story]
Assignments

Last edited:

canisaries

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
February 24th Game

pokemon-snow.gif

Sign-ups open until Wednesday, February 28th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Review window closes: Monday, March 4th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Submissions

@canisaries - Hunter, Haunted [reroll if Nebula, Chibi, Negrek, Ambyssin, Espy] [cw gore, violence, occult]
@tomatorade - Between the Mountains and the Sea [cw violence, abuse]
@windskull - Places We Call Home [cw abuse, violence, blood, death] or The Heart of a Hero [cw violence, blood, death, major character death]
@Umbramatic - Violet Snippets or Area Zero Snippets
@Blackjack Gabbiani - The King In Exile [reroll if K_S] [cw major character death]
@EonDuoLatios - Until Morning Light

Assignments

Last edited:

Spiteful Murkrow

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
March 16th Game

90f7a11eb1403fc20a222cf89fb7b23c.gif

Sign-ups open until Monday, March 18th 00:00 EST [countdown here]

You have until the end of the countdown to submit your fic of choice. Please send me your submissions via TR or Discord DM. You may change your entry anytime up until the rolling takes place.

Review window closes: Monday, March 25th 00:00 EST [countdown here]

Submissions

@Spiteful Murkrow - Fledglings [reroll if Virgil134, Ambyssin]
@tomatorade - Between the Mountains and the Sea [cw violence, swearing and adult themes, death, references to abuse and alcoholism, consult first post for full list]
@Adamhuarts - Weaversong [reroll if canisaries, JFought, Flyg0n, Phoenixsong, Jerico, Spiteful Murkrow] [do not assign gore or very heavy themes]
@canisaries - Hunter, Haunted [reroll if NebulaDreams, Chibi Pika, Negrek, Ambyssin, SparklingEspeon, REDWAV5, K_S] [cw gore, violence, occult]
@Umbramatic - Fruits of the City [reroll if Bluwiikoon] [cw sexual themes]
@K_S - A Life You Will Remember - a Pokemon Violet novelization by @BraviaryScout
@Blackjack Gabbiani - All the Time in the World [reroll if K_S]
@ShiniGojira - A King's Journey [cw mild gore, violence]

Assignments

Last edited:

canisaries

Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
April 15th Game

tumblr_on4kmjlA0T1td9nt5o1_540.gifv

Sign-ups open until Friday, April 19th 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Review window closes: Tuesday, April 23rd 10:00 EST [countdown here]

Submissions

@canisaries - Hunter, Haunted [reroll if Nebula, Chibi, Negrek, Ambyssin, Espy] [cw gore, violence, occult]
@Umbramatic - Heroes After All [cw death, blood] or Dragon!
@Blackjack Gabbiani - Safe Passage
@tomatorade - What the Gods Gave Me [cw gore, violence]
@Nekodatta - Timeslip or The Imitation Game
@Spiteful Murkrow - Fledglings [reroll if Virgil134, Ambyssin]
@Meridian - Questant [cw flashing graphics, mature themes]

Assignments

Last edited:
Top Bottom