• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Book Club Organizing/Discussion

What kind of club would you like?

• Singe club for all types of fics

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Separate PMD and non-PMD clubs

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Other (please comment with more info)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Thanks for reviving this, qva! Perhaps it'd be a good idea to have story nominations for the next week, run a poll on which we'd like to begin with after that, and then look to start reading ~first week in February?

I would like to try to feature stories posted here more than ones offsite, especially for the first iteration of the club. With that in mind, I'm only looking at nominations for stories people have posted on TR, with the understanding that we can pick something offsite in a couple months.

To keep the number of nominations manageable (I figure a poll with fifteen or so choices would be kind of overwhelming), I think it would be best to cap things at two nominations per person, and if we still get a bunch we might have to filter to one. With that in mind, @IFBench , would you mind picking two our of the four TR fics you mention to start off with? You'll be able to nominate the others in future months.

Other than that, the list of nominees so far would look like this:

- Salvage
- Continental Divides
- Those Who Will Inherit the Earth
- Instruments of Creation
- Broken Things
- Hands of Creation
- Quenched Torch
- Ties of Fate

(I added two of my own, since oh my god I want to catch up with Broken Things, I have wanted to catch up with Broken Things for like a year now and not managed it, I need an excuse, and I also need somebody to hold my hand in order to get into HoC because otherwise whenever I consider it the fic flexes 110 chapters at me and I get scared.)

Last edited:

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle