• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Blitz 2022: Self-Promo & Review Exchange Thread

Joshthewriter

Charizard Fan
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. charizard
Alright everyone! I’m off vacation, I’m caught upon my catnips and ready to shill!

All my stories linked here should be considered rated M for Violence. Some elements of body horror are present in the main story.

Journey is my massive interconnected series that’s currently building towards a huge multiverse spanning Rainbow Rocket arc.

Death of Duty is the main OC trainerfic of the Journey-Verse. It follows a young man as he embarks on his League Challenge in a world threatened by gods and legends. He slowly becomes entangled in the web of corruption strangling Indigo, and must fight for the things that truly matter most.

Post Chapter 4 qualify for W3 bonus, as well as a few of the one shots.

Now, onwards, to my one-shots and shorts! All of these stories are standalone and can be read without knowledge of Journey, but some do contain some minor spoilers for DoD. Those stories will be marked.

Eternal War is the story of a Hoennic farmer who is thrust into the middle of an ancient feud between species. He finds himself on the frontline of a war he didn’t know existed, all while his family’s enemies make their move on the Murphy Farm. 7.3k words, contains a minor side character from DoD

Fate’s Design is another Hoenn story, this time inspired heavily by our dear own Pano’s ”Final Gambit”. Groudon and Kyogre have woken, and Hoenn crumbles under their presence. Steven Stone is determined to fight, but what can men do against such reckless hate? 4.3k words, depicts an event mentioned in DoD W3 bonus eligible

The Champions is the first of my Unova stories, taking place after a B2W2 in which the protagonist loses against Ghetsis. This is in the style of a war documentary interview interspersed with flashbacks with a survivor of the war that ousted Ghetsis. Is likely the darkest of my works thus far. 15k words over 5 chapters+epilogue, contains spoilers for end state of Indigo in DoD. W3 bonus eligible.

A Second Chance is my Celebi story. Taking place in an aging and decrepit Arborville and Ilex Forest (M04’s location), Bowen is an old man, lost in old grudges. But when the Voice of the Forest’s shrine is threatened, he is given a chance to return to his past and stop the tragedy that led to the death of his family and Arborville’s destruction. 8.3k words. W3 eligible

The Visitors takes us across the world as a series of perspectives deal with an arrival from outer space. Circumstances spiral out of control and a brilliant scientist is confronted by something out of this world. 6.8k words. W3 eligible

Born, Rebuilt follows the life and resurrection of an ancient predator as it is transformed into a cybernetic weapon for the glory of Team Plasma. 4.3k words. W3 eligible

What We Do For Our Children is a big multiverse romp. Giovanni sent his son on a mission to retrieve a potential counter to Mewtwo, getting him captured in the process but not before retrieving Hoopa. Consumed by guilt, Giovanni opts to test the reality warping powers of his new toy by embarking on a mission to save his son. In the process, he disturbs a far greater foe… himself. 12k words, spoilers for DoD

Nightmare is the first of my stories to directly continue on the multiverse plotline from WWDFOC. It follows Tobias and Darkrai as a sinister foe rears its head in sleepy Alamos. Aided by an old flame, Tobias must confront his greatest and darkest fear in order to save the world, a mirror. 10k words. W3 eligible

And finally, the yet unfinished Pokemon: Legends Sinjoh will eventually make good on the multiverse plotlines budding through the Journey-Verse. Jason Rykker is thrust back in time to fix an unknown wrong as the multiverse shatters and chaos spreads like a wildfire. Planned longfic with only 2 chapters thus far. Journey-Verse spoilers and knowledge likely required. W3 eligibl.

I am available for exchanges upon request. Just DM me here or on discord. Or just @me, since I love it so much.

Last edited:

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
May I say trying to get a story done for everyone on the blitz promotion had been an adventure... on Pride mode, with one HP...

Tough in all seriousness if some of you are noticing errors... well I'm mainly regulated to getting your reviews done on my cell and it has no spell check. So apologies for that.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Week three is upon us, folks! While Different Eyes' earlier chapters are thoroughly well reviewed, Ch 6 is as-yet totally unreviewed! All you folks who've read up to that point, it's all yours~

Persephone

Infinite Screms
Pronouns
her/hers
Partners
  1. mawile
  2. vulpix-alola
I guess I should do this. Don't love self promo but why not.

World Myth Encyclopedia - Myths. Legends. Rumors. The history between gods and humans is as old as humanity itself. Across time and space gods have fallen in and out of favor and the means of worshipping - or appeasing - them has changed. This fic takes a look at Landorus, Diancie, Ho-oh, Darkrai, Yveltal, and Mewtwo. The evidence they exist. The stories humanity has told of them. How different civilizations have approached them with reverence or fear. I think every chapter but Landorus is eligible for the Week 3 bonus. None of the entries are too long and they can be read in any order. Just be aware that the Darkrai entry was written before Legends: Arceus when the history of Sinnoh was still up to the fans to write.

The Alola Pokedex - So, you want to train a pokemon. That's great. But rather than just giving you a baby monster and some capture capsules, maybe you should do a little reading before adding a pokemon to your team. This guidebook covers almost everything a trainer would need to know about a prospective capture, from where to find them to how to battle with and care for them, along with some information on their biology, wild behaviors, and variants around the world. My threadmarks are really outdated. The fic actually covers every pokemon in the USUM 'dex up to talonflame. Pretty much every entry after the first page or two is eligible for the Arc 3 Bonus. Just term search through the thread to be sure.

Broken Things - Life can be cruel. Magical creatures don't change that. The island challenge often attracts those without a home, without a future, without a clear path forward. Three teens end up shoved together by a corporation eager to conscript kids to capture pokemon for sale in the international markets. Whether they like each other is inconsequential. And when you're already hurt, it can be so, so easy to hurt others, too. Will they learn to be better people despite the odds? Or will their last hope go down in flames? A fic about mental illness, trauma, coming of age, and the wonder of ice foxes. I try not to be edgy in the usual GRIMDARK ways and provide trigger warnings / chapter summaries when necessary, but I'm not claiming this is always a happy read. Pretty much everything in Arcs 4 and 5 is eligible for the Week 3 Bonus.

• Quag
Reactions: Pen

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Hi torchic' stealing your format hope you dont mind

Fics w 3 or less reviews.

Roost a gift fic
Chapter.one has been reviewed enough to disqualify for the bonus. Eveything else qualifies.

Chapter. "buisness as usual" is over the 7 words so it earns the length bonus
Chapter 21 " signed and sealed" is over 6.4k for the length bonus

She sells sea shells

Transversal
Skip the first two chapters and you'll be set.

Training a kantoian sandshrew
A transversal spin off. Skip first chapter. Chapter 9 qualifies for length bonus.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Update to my earlier post, in regards to week 3 theme:

Chapters 15 and beyond are free game for Legendary Adventures

Chapter 4 & 5 for Home is Where the Hoenn Is are eligible

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
For good measure, my current works that are eligible in week 3 are:

Go - What if Pokémon Go was secretly created to prepare Earth for an interdimensional accident where Pokémon become real?

Sutoraiku Legends - The sequel to the highly acclaimed Scyther dating sim, Sutoraiku High. (Playing the first game is recommended.)

The Quest for the Legends - Every chapter from chapter four onwards is eligible. The prologue and chapters 1-3 are under 10k words total, so even though it's four chapters in it's not very far to get to the eligible part!

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Heya, getting in the obligatory Week 3 self-shill bump, in which I point out the stories that are good if you are hunting bonuses in your weekly readings:

- Dragonspiral's Children - Everything in this story qualifies for the Week 3 Bonus. Helps that barely anything of it is reviewed, especially from Part 5 and onwards. If you're gunning for repeat bonuses, there's 3 to be had from the story as a whole, with the first achievable within a little over 14000 words of reading.

- Context Switch - Everything from Part 3 and on qualifies for the Week 3 Bonus, which for you can be had along with a repeat bonus within 8400 words of reading.

- Fledglings - The fairly standalone Special Chapter: Auld Lang Syne and everything from Chapter 27 and on qualifies for the Week 3 Bonus. As good an opportunity as any if you wanted to catch up with the story of a fledgling (har har) rescue team and get rewarded for it.

- Once a Thief - Everything from Chapter 5 and on qualifies for the Week 3 Bonus. So hey, if you wanted to try out a PMD story of mine, but Saturday Morning Cartoon aesthetics aren't your cuppa, this one's got you covered if you're looking for a bit of a darker ride.

- Like a Dragon - Everything in this anthology qualifies for the Week 3 Bonus, and the one-shots are designed to be able to be read in any order. For those of you gunning for repeat bonuses, the first out of two possible is accomplishable with as little as 4200 words of reading.

Thanks in advance to anyone who checks out my stuff this week, and if it helps get anyone off the fence, do be aware that I am making an attempt to review everyone who reviews something of mine at least once during Review Blitz.

CinderArts

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He!
Partners
  1. cinderace
So, you want to review a fanfic that has three to zero reviews? Well, look no further! I am here to shamelessly recommend my fanfic story that you can read and leave a review on for you to gain more points! This fic currently has 8,100+ words, so feel free to dig in if you fancy stories that has more than 3,000 words!

- The Prince Who Travelled Through Time - Prince Victor was transported 3000 years into the future after he rescued an injured Celebi from a group of poachers. Soon, he wakes up and meets Hop, an apprentice Pokemon Professor and his student, Penny. With their help, Victor will learn how to blend in and live life in the modern world, while taking care of Celebi and being mentally torn by contrasting wishes: his desire to return home and his budding romantic feelings for the young professor. Trainshipping AU.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Hey, you! Yes, you! If you’re craving some Silver content, then you’re in luck!

Wishing some meaty? The Meaning of Power has Chapter 5 with less than four reviews! If you want to take the chance to catch up, this fanfic is fair game!

Otherwise, do you wish something smaller and easier to get through? Then Wonderful Winter Wishes might be what you’re looking for! With 6.2k words in Chapter 1 and one single review (thanks, Torchic!!), this could be a good starting point if you want to delve into the Meaningverse setting!

Cheers everyone, and best of luck!

Top Bottom