• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Blitz 2022: Self-Promo & Review Exchange Thread

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2
It's the most wonderful time of the year . . .

plusle-minun.gif

Blitz is our annual forum-wide reviewing frenzy. The purpose of this thread is to facilitate reviews during Blitz--feel free to promote your fics, post about what fics you most want reviews on, and set up review exchanges here. For fic recs and other Blitz hype, check out this thread.​

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Hi! Before I get to my self-recs, let me open this shitshow of a post by throwing up my hands in prayer and insisting that I am OPEN TO ALL THE REVIEW EXCHANGES. Please oh please hit me up if you want to review swap, shove it all into my mouth, I'm ready :tongue:

~+~

🤍🖤*cue John Cena theme*🖤 🤍

White Swan.jpg
WSBS HelloYellow Commish.jpg

Hey, you, with the face!

Do you like mysteries? Do you like stories with darker themes? Are you into romance happening amidst really bad shit? Is ANGST something you could read for hours on end? Do you like rambunctious Pokemon? Do fakemon of the 7 deadly sins sound lit as FUCK to you?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, consider checking out this wack-ass fic called White Swan, Black Swan!

~

Kalos is currently in the clutches of a drug epidemic, and Odette Cinq-Mars is a former theater hopeful with a little too much time on her hands and a penchant for reading into things a little deeper than most.

When her best friend Noel uncovers an alarming discrepancy in some public case files regarding the drug epidemic, she begins to do more than just question. When an old flame returns to haunt her, she launches herself into the world of the Shiny Pokemon Trade to uncover some answers. She soon finds she might have been in some deep trouble long before she involved herself…

~

✔️Idk what the weekly bonuses are yet, but the freshly rewritten prologue and the newest few chapters DEFINITELY qualify for any "less than 4 reviews" bonuses that may come about.

✔️ This fic currently stands at 13 chapters and a prologue, totaling 14 whole chapters. The shortest is about 2.5k and the longest is about 15k (don't roast my poor ass okay), and it is ongoing. I usually update once a month!

✔️CW's are posted at the beginning of every chapter, but please be warned of the occult themes, implications of past sexual assault, talk of death, talk of Pokemon death, talk of murder, drug use, and strong language.

~

Review Preferences:
Feel free to tear into this one with some concrit. Let me know how you feel about the pacing, especially on the newer chapters. Not really interested in hearing if you like my concept of fakemon and types, I mainly just want to know if the pacing is off, the characterization is fine, and if the plot is doing what it needs to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that seems too long for your tastes, I also have two one-shots that fall within the same universe but might be a little easier to stomach!

~

The Guzmania Blooms
A fic that takes place long before the start of White Swan, Black Swan and follows a teenaged Guzma as he escapes the confines of his abusive family home.

~

Bromley Rhys Kahele has planned this night for weeks. He's planned to escape the clutches of his abusive father and negligent mother.

Everything is ready. He has it down to a science.

What could go wrong?

~

✔️CW's for strong language, implied child abuse, and talk of child abuse.

✔️Qualifies as a one-shot.

~

Review Preferences:
You can concrit or you can temperature read, but I'd prefer a temperature read more because I don't think I have any plans to revisit this one for rewrites.

~+~

Storm Surge
A romance-coated hurt/comfort fic between Guzma and my OC Odette, in which she almost drowns by doing something really, really dumb, and he gets very, very mad at her for it!

~

A huge storm's rolling in, and Guzma has challenged Odette to surf some of the oncoming waves with him, as is Alola "tradition."

However, he's taking a while to get ready, and she's losing her nerve. She doesn't want to let him down.

Truthfully, she'd rather impress him somehow.

~

✔️CW's for strong language, almost-drowning imagery, and a near-death experience.

✔️Qualifies as a one-shot.

~

Review Preferences:
You can concrit or you can temperature read, but I'd prefer a temperature read more because I don't think I have any plans to revisit this one for rewrites.

Last edited:

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Why not review something by ? He's got

- Dragonspiral's Children - 70k words of cutesy slice-of-life starring man-sized agamas with wings and families with literal placeholder names. Also, Halloween extras with wizard lizards.

Everything in this story qualifies for the Week 3 Bonus

- Context Switch - 22k words of easy reviewing points Game Freak making "Pokémon games" in the Pokémon world and more game beta and programming easter eggs than you can shake a stick at.

Everything from Part 3 and on qualifies for the Week 3 Bonus

Fledglings

- Fledglings - 610k and counting words of a little big bird stumbling into a little big Rescue Team in a little big PMD world that's a solid "7.8 - Too Much Water". Also starring a spinoff consisting of 57k words about Cheeriest Cranidos™

Special Chapter: Auld Lang Syne and everything from Chapter 27 and on qualifies for the Week 3 Bonus

[NO AUDIO]

- [NO AUDIO] - 6300 words of found footage format story following perfectly normal™ gas stations just south of Eterna City and the perfectly normal™ attendant that works there.

Qualifies for W2 bonuses, to boot!

Once a Thief

- Once a Thief - 120k and counting words about three PMD Outlaws getting seriously in over their heads and getting into a cross-region pursuit arc with the strangest Axew they've ever met. Oh, and Xenoblade references.

Everything from Chapter 5 and on qualifies for the Week 3 Bonus

Hunting Game

- Hunting Game - 9600 words of a Flygon wholesomely helping her trainer on her day job destroying other Pokémon's lives. Wholesomely in a second-person perspective. /s

Also qualifies for W2 bonuses.

Like a Dragon

- Like a Dragon - 18k words of easy reviewing points 7 one-shots about "unusual dragons" doing dragony things. Wholesomely in a second-person perspective, but unironically.

Everything in this anthology qualifies for the Week 3 Bonus

Oh, and like last year, I'll be making a point of attempting to reciprocally review anyone who drops me a review on my stories even if it takes a while. So there's that, too.

Last edited:

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
Hey all, it's Canis. As some of you might already be aware, I've been in pretty poor health lately, so I really don't think I'll be able to do much for Blitz this year. This means no review exchanges, sadly.

Anyway, since I am still allowed to shill my own works, here are the stories I would most prefer reviews on.

---

Hunter, Haunted

Thinking he'd successfully gotten away with yet another ritualistic murder, Ichiro "Red" Akai is shocked to discover his latest victim roaming the earth once more - as a yamask. To keep his crimes from being exposed, he seeks to kill her again, but finds that dealing with ghosts is never that easy. Especially for those with minds already breaking.

Chapterfic/Oneshot: Chapterfic
Genre: Drama, Horror, Black Comedy
Keywords: Psychological, ghosts, supernatural, cults, villain protagonist, mental illness

This is it, my main story. Magnum opus, even. The one my Red is from. If you've been on the Discord for a while, you'll no doubt have seen me post a lot about it. So, if you're curious about my Red, how he is the way he is and what exactly he's trying to do, or just curious about the fic in general, give it a read. I swear it's not as dark as it seems. In terms of the gore, there's an alternate prologue with no explicit gore (and it's easy to find, don't worry about that), and the first few chapters have nothing crazy gory in them, either. And I don't mind people dropping off after a few chapters if it comes to that - I'm glad with any feedback I can get.

---

Kills-Other-Humans

Andre Duval, an aura-sensitive painter living in Wyndon, is a stand-up guy, a great lover and a dear friend. He's also a murderer. Every four months, he goes out to find another scumbag to erase from the world, and this time, it's an abusive trainer. Andre didn't think it would be any different from the others - but he's wrong on two accounts.

Genre: Drama, Crime
Keywords: Psychological, ghosts, supernatural, antihero, aura, morality, abuse and its consequences

A newer story in the Hunter, Haunted universe, focusing on a character who will be important in HH's eventual sequel. I'm very interested in what people think of the protagonist as he is still somewhat a work in progress. In terms of darkness and gore, this has much less than HH does. It's only two chapters at the time of me posting this, and the projected total chapter count is just four, so it's shorter than HH as well.

---

Judgment

Arcean priest Mark Samson is requested to perform a blessing for a death row inmate at the Pewter Spectral Penitentiary.

Chapterfic/Oneshot: Oneshot
Genre: Drama
Keywords: Psychological, ghosts, supernatural, tragedy, Arceism, morality

I finished this oneshot in the spring of this year (2022) after putting a lot of effort into it. It's another story in the HH universe, but not about a serial killer this time (lmao). Instead, it stars Samson the Arcean priest, the nicest guy you'll ever meet, and how his resolve and ethics are tested as he's made to bless someone sentenced to death. The someone is a ghost Pokémon, also. He blesses a ghost. I write about ghosts a lot.

---

Into Light

One fateful day in Ilex Forest, Ken’s wife was taken from him by ghost-type pokémon. Five years later, a troupe of misdreavus arrives to the same woods, and the local townspeople seem to welcome them with open arms. Ken, on the other hand, won’t rest until they’re gone.

Chapterfic/Oneshot: Oneshot
Genre: Drama, Horror
Keywords: Psychological, ghosts, supernatural, tragedy, xenophobia, trauma

This one is about - get this - ghosts. It was also my entry to the Mischief and Malice Oneshot contest held this year's summer (2022), and it got third place. And you should know that third place on a forum full of talented writers means it's good stuff. This one I tried some pretty ambitious stuff in, such as having an actual twist, and I'm very proud of how I managed to execute it.

---

Batty!

Nella is a shy, lonely noivern who works a waitress job by day and escapes to her romance novels by night - but everything changes after a fateful encounter with a wild zubat infected with vampirism plunges her into the hidden world of vampiric Pokémon.

Genre: Drama, Horror, Romance
Keywords: Vampires, cults, 1800s, neurodivergence

For a total change of pace, here's a much lighter PMD(ish) story about vampiric Pokémon in a 1800s(ish) setting. Rest is explained in the synopsis, really. At the time of writing this, two of its latest chapters have no reviews on them, meaning reviewing them is likely going to net you a bonus on some weekly theme of the Blitz. And I wish I could say there were no ghosts in this one, but one of the characters is a mismagius. I just can't stop myself.

---

I hope this post isn't too long! But just in case it isn't, I'll mention that the rest of the stories mentioned in my signature are also ones I'm happy to get eyes on - just not as much as the ones I actually advertised here. Explore those if none of these caught your eye or were too extreme. The threads will explain well enough what the stories are about.

With that said, thank you for reading, and I hope you have fun this Blitz.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin

It started when a fairy kingdom set a dreepy princess up to fail. Then she, two classmates, and their servants were sucked into an alien world ruled by a tyrannical deoxys. One whose existence threatens the safety of every world. With a dimensional crisis looming, can this ragtag group put aside their differences and help a band of rebels put a stop to the emperor's Darkest Day?

The Blitz is this fic's only chance of the calendar year to get some attention from anyone not named Fobbie. It's a mixture of original PMD content and ideas from Sword and Shield, Legends Arceus, Scarlet and Violet, the anime, and the pokespec manga, among other things. It's got high fantasy and sci-fi blended together into a science fantasy smoothie. It has a bunch of lizerbs and dragons in its large and colorful cast, because who doesn't like those? It has the extremely rare, non-edgy Mewtwo character. The chapters are pretty much all under 5k words. And, beyond chapter 5 or so, the overwhelming majority of its 50+ chapters have only been touched on by one person. For a lot of folks here, this fic's bound to fit into one of the weekly categories, whatever they end up being.

I wish I could commit to review exchanges, but my work schedule can be both unpredictable and exhausting, so I can't agree to any in good faith. My birthday always happens to fall during these blitzes (December 31st baby 😔), so may someone out there would be willing to consider it a birthday gift? It's up to you, but I think if you take a chance on this, you'll enjoy yourself.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Hello! Bench here! I write a bunch of PMD and PMD-adjacent fics, but all of it should still be accesible to people who just fans of mainline Pokemon! Here's some of my fics that I'm looking to get reviews on this Blitz!

Eternal Shadows

eternal_shadows_cover_by_djhaka(4).png

A human from Johto wakes up in another world as an Oshawott, and promptly meets a duo of talking Pokemon. Fearing they wouldn't believe him if he told them the truth, he says that he's an amnesiac and not a human. As he tries to find a way home, and travels through mystery dungeons, how long will his facade last? And what of the Pokemon going missing, and turning up as mysterious Shadow Pokemon?

Featuring:
  • A completely original PMD continent, the Thunder Continent, yet still fitting in the canon PMD world!
  • Every single canon PMD protagonist and partner!
  • Ties to mainline Pokemon!
  • Obscure PMD concepts made relevant!
  • Adventure Squad lore!
Eternal Shadows is my current longest ever work, at 14 chapters so far, and I'm extremely proud of it! I'd love if you were to check it out!

In Tandem
coleanecover.png
A Tropius living in Post Town wants to live like the humans who keep saving her world. They're so amazing and heroic and super cool! One day, she gets her wish, and is summoned to Paldea in the human world, yet still remaining a Tropius. Will the humans in this world live up to her lofty image of them? And how will a talking Tropius trying to be a trainer be received by the humans of this world?

Featuring:
  • A distinctly non-human Pokemon trying to be a trainer!
  • A close-knit online friendgroup!
  • A glimpse into social media in the Pokemon world!
  • A plot involving the Aether Foundation!
  • Ties between PMD and mainline Pokemon!
In Tandem is my most recent work, but I'm already really proud of it! If you'd like to see me trying to take on writing a trainerfic, check it out!

A Way to Reunite
reunioncape.PNG

After the events of Gates to Infinity, a human and their partner, seperated by worlds, long to reunite.

Featuring:
  • Friendship unbounded by the laws of the universe!
  • Reunion Capes!
  • A recap on the ending of Gates to Infinity for anyone who hasn't played it!
A Way to Reunite was my entry to the 2021 Friends and Partners oneshot contest here on TR, and while it didn't get top 3, I'm still really proud of it!

A Comprehensive Guide to Items

Do you have trouble discerning between a Reviver and a Reviser seed? Want to know how to craft your own orbs? Wondering why Warp Scarves are a thing? Then read A Comprehensive Guide to Items!

Featuring:
  • History, botany, mythology, and more!
  • In-depth guides on how to create various items!
  • Ties between PMD and mainline Pokemon!
  • YOU can request an entry as a Blitz prize!
A Comprehensive Guide to Items is a worldbuilding side project of mine for worldbuilding about various items, but I think it's also a good standalone read!​

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Hello everyone! Might as well throw my hat in the ring.

My main work:

Legendary Adventures
1671812079181.png
Summary:
6 years after the fall of Galactic, Koamaru sets out on his trainer journey with a singular goal - be the first to catch a legendary pokemon. The right way. And he's got the Perfect Plan to do it. But when his plan for a Perfect Team is upended by a determined Zubat, Koa is forced to question what his dreams mean to him, even as the region fractures under the pressure of mysterious attacks by the legendary beasts.
Features: Adventures, friendship, a little bit of angst, anime-vibes and Zubat. Primarily an adventure/journeyfic. No CW's.

Requests: Light feedback and simple crit or just general thoughts are fine, as well as slightly heavier crit

Notes: LA features several 7k chapters, so it might worth it for the bonuses!

Chapter 15 and beyond should all be eligible for W3

My secondary work:

Home Is Where The Hoenn Is
1671812224935.png
(artcredit: chibipika)

Summary:
There's no such thing as a Flygonite. Or so they say. Hana has never been interested in pursuing impossible things. But when her Flygon, Raga, sets her sights on mega evolution, Hana is forced to find out—how far is she willing to go for something she doesn't believe in? And how far will Raga go for a dream she can't let go of?

Features: Coming of age, pokemon pov, non-chronological story, friendship, angst, drama, OC and a dash of adventure. More serious and thoughtful.

Request: Stronger feedback and concrit welcome, as well as any thoughts

Chapters 4 & 5 are eligible for W3

My oneshots and drabbles:

The Cake is Done

Summary:
Chef Flygon is forced to face the mistakes of his past while under the thrall of a terrible nightmare. Can he come to terms with who he once was?
Features: A very whumpy and emotionally heavy one-shot borrowed from the RP campaign I ran. CW: Implications of emotional abuse, bullying, self-hatred. Short, but solid.

Requests: Temperature reads and vibes, general thoughts

Last edited:

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2
Happy Blitz! I appreciate reviews on anything, but my current focus is on . . .

Dragon's Dance
a champion back-story fic and love letter to Gen I that quickly jumps off the rails

1671821535834.png

Starring:
- very good sneks
- only the best decisions
- definitely not the Etalian mafia
- themes of home and identity, tradition and change, power and its cost
- "If I was given the chance to show Satoshi Tajiri one fic, it would be this one" - Zion of Arcadia

Looking for Something Fluffy?
Try Making It Big, an up-beat journey fic about a girl and her rattata, trying to make it from nothing. Features bite-sized chapters and lots of feels.

Looking for PMD?
Try my PMD oneshots Starfall, The Tessellation Solution, and redundancies. There's also No Quarter, a gift fic set in uA's Heartache verse.

Looking for Mythology?
hi yes you have good taste. Check out The Suicune's Choice, Zoroark Stories, The Days of Miracle and Wonder, The Last Con and The Crystal Prince and the Heart of Life.

Looking to Explore the Ethics of the Trainer-verse?
Check out The Last Strike, without a human heart, or The Suicune's Choice.
Looking for GIANT GATRS and not-Elon-Musk?
Check out The Heart of the Glades!

Looking for Week 3 Qualifying Stories?
Check out The Heart of the Glades, or redundancies! Dragon's Dance from "The Citizen, Part One" onwards should also qualify.

Feed-back preferences
: Anything goes, and I mean that. I particularly enjoy hearing people's thoughts on characters and themes. I am always happy to implement line-by-line feedback.

Review exchanges: Up for anything--just reach out! If you review me during Blitz and I've never reviewed you before, I will absolutely review back, no exchange necessary.

Attachments

• 1671814123700.png
    1671814123700.png
    809.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 1671815483726.png
    1671815483726.png
    809.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Inkedust

Harbinger of Sunrise
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. ninetales-inkedust
  2. solgaleo-inkedust
  3. xerneas
  4. zoroark-inkedust
You like PMD? You want some nice and bite-sized one-shots in between chowing down on your big three-course chapterfic meals? Well, have I got the triple-threat for you!

Speckled Sliver
For a nice, breezy read featuring cute cats. Word count: 3,258

1671838430302.png

Over the Winds and Waves
For something chunkier with a more bittersweet flavour. Word count: 10,007

OtWaW-SPLASH (sig).png
Note: This fic may see a massive editing pass in the near-future to bring it to a level that I deem as satisfactory.

Negotiations With a Stranger
For the satisfaction of watching a pair of jackasses having a go at each other. Word count: 4,871

1671840537085.png
Note: This is my most recent work and thus most accurate to my current skills. More critical feedback would be appreciated the most here over my other one-shots. Art from TCG.

Feedback Preference: I'm open to any type of feedback though I prefer more general overviews over line-by-lines. I do appreciate any kind of comment left on my work, so don't feel pressured if line-by-lines is your way to go.

Review Exchanges: I wouldn't mind taking one or two for the blitz, however, please be aware that I'd rather take on a one-shot than a chapterfic. Other than that, just give me a shout and I'll be more than happy to reciprocate.

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Irreflections (6.5k bonus eligible)

The Gladion and Lillie fic I’ve been talking about to everyone on TRcord for the last… longer than it normally takes to write one chapter!

So far, there’s one chapter out, and it’s Gladion escaping from Aether with Null, and beginning to establish an identity and independence. Null gets a bath and a name: Hazel.

Dark Clothes Small Human

Gladion escaping Aether with Null not to your taste? How about… [checks notes] Gladion escaping Aether with Null! This one’s different I swear.

This time it’s a xenofic one-shot where Null is out of their ball for the whole escape. Facing their impending freezing, they take a long shot on someone they’re not quite sure they can trust, and finds a kindness they’ve never known before.

Eleventh Hour

My oldest work on TR, a PMD oneshot where the life of a pair of heroes who’ve already had their storybook ending find that things don’t end at the curtain call. Gwyn’s condition is deteriorating, and a second inevitable conclusion looms over their heads. (Has the heaviest CWs of the bunch.)

Feedback Preferences:
Really not picky, but do have a particular sweet tooth for character feedback. Criticism is much more helpful on Irreflections since I’m actively working on it, but I’ll make quick typo/grammar edits to any.

However, since I’m moving slow enough already, I’m not doing total rewrites, even to Irreflections. Line/paragraph feedback, typos, grammar, ect I’m happy to implement, but larger structural stuff won’t get edits, just consideration of what I can learn for future chapters.

Last edited:

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Updated to notate stories eligible for w3 bonus.

Hi all! I am open to review exchanges with pretty much everyone on a 1:1 basis! DM if interested, but be aware I got a big one in my backlog I'm currently working on.

In the meantime, if you're interested and want to know what I have on offer, or if you're just interested in reading some of the stuff I have here, check out some of these! I have a couple I've chosen to exclude due to not feeling they hold up as well as I'd like, but they're also free to review.

Pokemon Fics

Places We Call Home (Long Fic, Ongoing - some more recent chapters eligible for w3) - A somewhat dark PMD fic with a heavy focus on morality. Follows a hardworking bidoof that just wants everything to be normal. And a stranger sneasel that makes a mess of things with his rash decisions.

A Porygon's Guide to Dungeon Items (Chapter Fic, Ongoing - most recent part eligible for w3, does not need to be read in order - 17k total words) - An in-universe guide to items from the mystery dungeon universe. Currently still in the berry section, but some new content has been posted since last blitz!

Windskull's Drabble Collection (counts as oneshot, eligible for w3) - Currently 6 quick and simple drabbles, and that's really all there is to say.

Seeking Chivalry (Oneshot) - Prize fic for Kyeugh. Every year on their birthdays, adolescent farfetch'd bury their leeks in the ground and pray the forest goddess Celebi will cause it to magically grow overnight, allowing them to evolve. One farfetch'd has been passed over two years in a row, and this year he's determined to make sure he isn't left behind again.

Lost to Retellings (Oneshot, eligible for w3) - Old contest entry. A zoroark shares three legends with a young, scared sentret. Ties in to Places We Call Home.

Windskull's Prize Oneshot Collection (Oneshot collection, all parts eligible for w3) - Two flash fics written as blacklight prizes. Currently eligible for week 3 bonus

Non Pokemon Fics
For when you just want something different

Origin
- (Bravoman, Chapter Fic, Ongoing) Currently 2 chapters, the origin of a superhero.

A little Less Lonely (Namco High, Oneshot, eligible for w3) - Story about two guys finding solace in each other after realizing they're the only people who can remember the fact that they've been repeating the same week of their life over and and over.

What's a Name to a Science Experiment (Namco High, Oneshot) - Genderfeels.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Going to link my fics as well, for anyone who might be interested.

In general, I appreciate all feedback, but specific preferences per-story are noted below. I'm generally especially interested in thoughts on the characters in a story, whether their actions feel like they make sense from their point of view in the story, and how you perceive them - but also stuff like structure (did anything drag?), little details you noticed, anything that gave you pause as you were reading, any sentences that confused you or otherwise disrupted your reading experience, and so on.

Butterfree (one-shot)
Trainers aren't supposed to have favorites, but you were my favorite. And then you started losing.
A story about Butterfree, a trainer, avoidance, guilt, communication, and forgiveness.
Feedback preferences: Anything goes. I'm particularly interested in thoughts on how the narrator's internal journey comes across, and whether their and Butterfree's actions feel coherent and understandable.

Curse (one-shot)
"That move. Curse. How does it work?"
Aspiring champions Kari and her Dragonite get their hands on the Curse TM, and it doesn't go quite like they hoped.
Feedback preferences: Anything goes. I'm interested in how well it got across what's going on (i.e. how Curse works in this universe) and thoughts on Kari and Dragonite as individuals and their relationship.

Go (one-shot)
I blinked at it, hard, expecting it to be some kind of early-morning hallucination. Obviously. I mean, Pidgey weren’t real, right? It was a game, a stupid little mobile game that I’d installed when I was bored.
What if Pokémon Go was secretly created to prepare Earth for an interdimensional accident where Pokémon are warped into reality? 2016 nostalgia made manifest.
Feedback preferences: Don't examine the premise too closely, but otherwise I appreciate all feedback, especially on whether the narrator's relationship with Pidgey resonated and whether the story generally lands.

Morphic Bingo (three shorts/one-shot)
Dave peered at the X-rays of Mia’s arms. There it was – the unmistakable bright metal edge along her ulna, brighter towards the elbow. Fuck yes.
Three vignettes from David Ambrose's life as a Pokémorph dad-uncle. An extra for my 2007 Pokémorph fic Morphic (not posted on TR).
Feedback preferences: Anything goes, but bear in mind this story is not really meant to stand on its own without the main fic - I don't think it's by any means incomprehensible without it, and I'd be interested to hear impressions from readers who haven't read Morphic, but critique should take into account that it's not intended to be your first introduction to this world and characters, so I'm not planning to make any changes geared toward easing in readers who haven't read the main fic.

The Quest for the Legends (77 chapters, completed)
The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
The trainerfic that I started when I was twelve, rebooted when I was fourteen, and completed at 28. The first 31 chapters or so are often deeply silly, in a fun enthusiastic whump-loving teenage journeyfic writer way, and then it gets less silly from there. Featuring: a boy recruited to save the world by a neurotic legendary, his variously messed-up Pokémon team, an angry girl determined to be Champion, and the fallout of a murder. 77 chapters plus prologue, most of them not super long especially early on, and mostly eligible for week 3.
Feedback preferences: This story is old and I'm well aware of most of its flaws. Treat it as a fun enthusiastic teenage trainerfic romp and don't take it too seriously for the first half; by all means do line reactions and poke fun at some of the nonsense, and talk about your general impressions of the characters/plot/world, but please don't waste your time on serious critique or suggesting prose edits; it's extremely old writing that is not remotely representative of how I'd write anything today, and the next edition of the story will be a full rewrite with major structural and plot changes and absolutely none of the same prose. For the second half, you can transition to somewhat more critical commentary if that's your jam, but extensive line edits and such would remain probably redundant - again, I don't really plan on keeping this prose, though it's more likely for later chapters that I might have chunks that are similar or the same. (If you have general tips for me in the prose department based on later chapters, go ahead.)

Morphic: New and Improved (April Fools' Day one-shot)
“We’re Pokémorphs,” the girl said, her face and voice still unsettlingly nonchalant about the situation. “Team Rocket injected Pokémon DNA into us and now we’re half Pokémon. It’s weird because that’s not how DNA works. I tried to ask Dave about it but he was very evasive.”
The Better(tm) reboot of my Pokémorph fanfic, now with more 2006-era clichés. Morphic is not required reading, but some things will be more meaningful if you have read it.
Feedback preferences: As an April Fools' Day fic, don't take this too seriously, and I have no plans to rewrite it, but I would love to hear about your impressions of it anyway.

Sutoraiku High (Scyther dating sim)
A visual novel about drama, friendships, prejudice, bullying, total societal upheaval, and high school romance.
Have you always wanted to date a Scyther? Overthrow authority with a revolutionary-minded Scizor? You have come to the right dating sim. Originally an April Fools' Day joke but then took itself pretty seriously, with a sequel Sutoraiku Legends that counts as another chapter.
Feedback preferences: Take the nonsensical setting in the tongue-in-cheek spirit in which it is intended, but within that, would love to hear what you think of the characters and routes.

Last edited:

elyvorg

somewhat backwards
Pronouns
she/they
Hey, you know what, might as well throw my stuff in here. I barely review these days and can't promise exchanges, but regardless, here's what I got.

Foregone Conclusion

90bbf0f4a6edbfc1dfcdcff0a12e62344fab6115.png

(Art by Dragonfree)

A story about a genocide and how different individuals try to deal with it – the short answer being, for the most part, very badly. Set in prehistoric times before humans existed, focusing on the Treecko line and featuring my Fakemon alternate evolution of Grovyle, Archopy. The narrative is very heavily character-driven, with huge heapings of drama and tragedy; though there are plenty of moments of brightness, things also get pretty dark, as you’d expect.
  • 8 chapters, all of which qualify for the 6.5k+ bonus. That's two bonus points for chapter length from the whole fic, plus the other two bonus points for reading 6 chapters of the same fic!
  • If you're sad about 8 being just short of a multiple of 3 and want to super-maximise your points, there's also an extra, in which I summarise a hypothetical musical of the fic, that presumably technically counts as a bonus ninth chapter.
  • If long chapters are rough on your attention span, you can also read any chapter a scene or two at a time, as they're all made of multiple much more bitesized scenes. I've now added scene numbers, to make this easier to do.
  • The fourth chapter and onwards are all currently sitting at 3 reviews and therefore may well qualify for Week 3's theme if nobody else has got to them by then. [edit: woops never mind, I miscounted] The bonus extra does have no reviews and will therefore almost certainly qualify for Week 3.
  • Content warnings include, most notably, lots of character death. Check the first page of the thread for a more detailed rundown.
I'm aware that this story is fairly heavy and not to everyone's tastes, so no worries whatsoever if you want to avoid it. If you're looking for something a bit darker and made to destroy your emotions, though, this might be your thing!

On the other hand, if you want something lighter, I've also got:

Separated from their trainer in the caves of Victory Road, the three minds of a Dodrio work together to reunite with her, while their different personalities struggle to cope with the situation. Written for a Pokémon POV-themed one-shot contest way back when, featuring an interpretation of how Dodrio's three heads and moods work.
  • One-shot; eligible for Week 2
  • 6.5k+; qualifies for the length bonus
  • Also sitting at 3 reviews currently, so possibly Week 3 eligible if nobody goes for it before then [Edit: Nope, somebody got to it in Week 2]
  • No content warnings except for a couple of very minor blood mentions

Feedback preferences (on both fics linked above): These stories of mine are over a decade old and I have no foreseeable plans to rewrite them. As such, there's no need for any kind of concrit - I'd just love to hear people's reactions to the story and characters and how it made them feel. If you want to do the kind of review where you just relax into the story with no pressure to find things to pick apart, I got you.

Last edited:

Venia Silente

For your ills, I prescribe a cat.
At the 0-divisor point of the Riemann AU Earth
Pronouns
Él/Su
Partners
  1. nidorino
  2. blaziken
hello there venia speaking.png
[Adam West voice]
Hello, Venia speaking!

Have you thought of being active in this trench of Review Blitz?
If this author were to offer, in your mind would my stories sits?
Fancy worldbuilding or Pokécentric, gladly open for commits?

If that's the case, you can take a look at some of my works. Mostly character-driven and Pokécentric, but I have lots of stuff to offer, including romance and cosmic horror!

Mainline-focused stories: These stories feature Pokémon living in a world that includes humans, and are close to mainline animeverse vibe where possible. Note, they might still be Pokémon-centric, but a strong human component is expected.​

Overlord, ft.: the boss of Team Rocket! Oneshot.
Forever Catch, ft.: Cobalion vs a doomsday device I swear. Two-parter.
As They Were, ft.: Virizion and his personal guard, and a strong lack of understanding between them two. Oneshot.
Auld Foundations, ft.: a demonic hound and a biker gang! Oneshot.

PMD-esque stories: These stories feature Pokémon living in a world of their own, without (strong or moderate) influence of humans, and for the most part consider the universe of the official PMD games. This is mostly side-canon / post-canon stuff.​

Beyond Today, ft.: the partner of Explorers, a few years down the line, and a new team trying to graduate from "noob". Oneshot.
Making the World go 'Round, ft.: your friendly neighbour and dealer the DLC Attendant Foongus of Gates! Oneshot.
Dangerous Upgrade, ft.: a secondary character and a tertiary character in the world of Gates, vying for a solution to end of the world. 4-parter.

Character-focused stories:​

Overlord: focused primarily on the boss of Team Rocket. No, the *real* boss of Team Rocket.
A Good Year to Rawr: focused on a dragon who is enjoying a good year of being a dragon (aka: a scaly cat).
Silly Human, Romance is for Nidoran~!: focused on a young and naïve spiky boi in search of love, walking into the world of humans.
As They Were: strongly focused on two characters having two different views of the world due to nostalgia.

Worldbuilding-focused stories:​

Forever Catch: how does it feel for Legendary Pokémon, to emerge from the fog of myth?
Dangerous Upgrade: between multiversal kidnappings, a lack of savefiles, and the coming of DLC, how meta can a side adventure get?
Playfield: two Pokémon, as normal and terrenal as we are, take a shot at becoming Legend, because it's fun.

There surely are a few stories I'm forgetting, so always feel free to check my list of started threads, and my official publication listing!

Feedback Preferences: I'm not interested in so-called-concrit aka fake concrit aka "complaining disguised as 'constructive' end-air-quotes criticism". I do am interested in actual constructive criticism on how to embetter the flow and pacing of the stories, in particular the non-oneshots. Long story short: Follow the Rattatouillñe Guideline: if your review doesn't make me want to write more instead of less, you're not of use.

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
HEY KIDS WELCOME TO UMBRA'S FANFIC EMPORIUM! I'm doing a project called the Yangverse, which is just my self-indulgent personal version of the Pokemon universe 90% of my fics are set in. We've got:

Rude Awakening: A Fire Emblem Awakening/Pokemon crossover where the Creation Trio and Hoopa pick a poor destination for a vacation

Heroes After All: An AU prequel thing of the 8th Pokemon movie, featuring the origins of Sir Aaron and his Lucario. Also a bunch of OCs are there too. PLEASE READ THIS IT IS MY BABY

Greenhorn Prometheus: Three-shot parodying Young Frankenstein where Silver's mistakes run in the family

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Tales Of Arrival: My crack at the PMD fic genre, with a Tales Of Symphonia crossover twist. Kratos Aurion wakes up in a very strange world with a very strange mission

Violet Snippets: The Sorceror's New School: A collection of drabbles written as I played and livebloged my kinda-sorta-Wonderlocke Violet run, featuring my favorite non-Pokemon OC getting isekaied. Technically complete but as of this post the TR version is getting updated in chunks of a few drabbles at a time.

Onesxhots And Such Galore: I have a lot of different oneshots and drabbles and drabble collections on here, some of them Yangverse, some Pokemon related but couldn't be part of the Yangverse for whatever reason, and a fair few not Pokemon related at all. If you want all the fics in that first category see here.

Feedback Preferences: I'm fine with like, some concrit here and there as long as it's stuff that's easily fixable or I could keep in mind for future installments or projects but like, be nice, I don't want to get a review tha's nothing but nitpicks or a long essay on why my fic sucks disguised as concrit. I genuinely wanna hear about what you did enjoy during the ride over what you didn't. This goes double for Heroes After All, which is a passion project I get kind of protective of, as well as my older works I don't plan on revising.

In addition please do not criticize my p;rose or technical aspects, I KNOW I have a rough time describing stuff and shit, I wanna hear about plot, worldbuilding, and characters.

But don't be intimidated by that. I am happy to get reviews in general, so happy reading!

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Howdy, folks! I hope you all had a great start of the new year and I wish for great things to come!

While I’m here, I might as well link to some of my stuff.

- Oneshot with 12k~ words
- Xenofiction
- Family / Drama
- Rating: Teen
- CW: Character death, implications of major injuries and blood, wild animal violence

You know Watership Down, you know Pokémon, then you could know what to expect out of a fusion of the two. :p

Join Tiny Fang the Rattata in his quest to find the mysterious Mahoun and a place to call his home, all while surviving deadly predators and his own family.

- Oneshot with 10k~ words
- Choose Your Own Ending
- Mystery / Light Horror
- Rating: Teen
- CW: Very mild existential dread

The premise of this story is basically The Stanley Parable meets Pokémon. What happens when an NPC breaks out of its programming and finds out that its world is ending because of the glitches and them? #831\1 knows, and it isn’t a lovely experience.

- 1 chapter with 6.2 words
- Friendship / Family / Drama / Heartwarming
- Rating: Everyone
- CW: None! It’s pure lightheartedness!

My most recent fanfic and a prequel of The Meaning of Power. Knowledge of TMoP isn’t required, this is is mostly a standalone entry.

A Christmas Carol-like tale featuring Scrooge Silver who has to endure the nightmare that is Hearts-binding and its twin holiday Winter Wishes. Oh, and it’s his birthday, too! What joy must it be to be born in the day of love and family while being a lone tsundere.

A deep dive into Silver as a character before his redemption, as well as his childhood and what lead him to become the grumpy boy he is today.

[The Meaning of Power is also available for reviewing, if you can deal with beeg chapters, and Chapter 5 is still fairly fresh.]

Feedback Preferences: I’m fine with being pointed out grammar mistakes and how I could streamline scenes and give them extra punch. However, don’t go too hard with criticism and keep it constructive.

Also, I’m fine with review exchanges, especially words-for-words (like you give me content with 10k words to review and I review content with 10k words in exchange). Just reach out for me here on the forums, if you’re interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: K_S

Starlight Aurate

Ad Jesum per Mariam | pfp by kintsugi
Partners
  1. mightyena
  2. psyduck
Hiiiii everyone! Since I"ve started partaking in the Blitz this year, I don't feel so bad about shamelessly promoting my own fics for review. So if anyone would like to have a look at my fic baby, feel free to look at
It has:
- Hoenn Teams
- Betrayal
- Lots of water
- Some drowning!
- This fic turned 9 years old this past December 31! So if you review it, you can think of it as giving it a birthday present!
- CW: there's mild swearing and some violence in there, but nothing beyond a PG-13 rating
I'm open to all feedback and criticism, but mostly on the overall structure of the chapters and story itself.

For my non-chapter fic, I have:

Under a Bed of Clover
Unnamed protagonist visits the grave of his beloved Rattata after a traumatizing event. Based on the RBY games.

Carraig na Coinnle
Entered as part of TR's Myths and Legends contest in 2020. A young village boy and his Grumpig set out to get some supplies for his town's pharmacy and are stopped by a mythical creature within the mountain pass. Heavy Irish faerie tale inspiration and is only 5000 words.

Keeping Friends
A Yu-Gi-Oh! one-shot that explores how life was for Ryou Bakura before meeting Yugi and his friends at their school. This one-shot includes original characters. Includes spiritual possession and slight horror, but no gore or violence.

I am ALWAYS up for a review exchange! My schedule has been very erratic and hectic as of late, so I can't promise *when* I'll get to it. I'm unfamiliar with PMD, and so I'd prefer to review non-PMD and non-romantic material. The only things I will NOT review are:
- Gory, bloody violence (some is fine, but R-rated stuff is not)
- Sexual content, particularly not graphic acts
- Sexual assault of any kind, whether as it's happening or part of someone's past
- Child abuse

Happy Review Blitz, everyone!

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Pronouns
Any
Partners
  1. reshiram
It's oneshot week so

"oh, you're Umbra? Name every Umbra oneshot"

"okay"

https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/caging-destruction.36/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/crater-dreams.37/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/truth.38/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/mother-of-dogars.59/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/bear-no-fruit.62/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/gun-touches-sword.63/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/the-other-ken.27/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/the-bear-the-bird-and-the-jrpg-protagonist.87/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/splice-of-life.25/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/an-eye-for-an-eye-fire-emblem-three-houses-x.301/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/lessons-learned.60/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/live-to-serve-fire-emblem.407/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/unnecessary-feelings-fire-emblem.388/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/progenitors.11/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/the-goddess-child.346/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/in...iving-tuesday-revolutionary-girl-utena-x.492/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/social-experiment.61/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/out-in-the-cold.40/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/rosencrantz-and-guildenstern-are-plasbad.39/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/of-the-earth-far-below.64/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/liberating-glamour.41/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/pallete.67/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/dave-and-mia-discover-the-multiverse.44/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/realitys-edge.43/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/reminders-of-home-original-fiction-oneshot.697/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/green-and-white.35/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/shield-snippets.162/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/steam-over-the-post-apocalypse.105/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/its-vaespar-night.886/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/leaving-things-behind.882/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/shining-pearl-snippets.946/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/divided-i-fall-oneshot.833/ https://forums.thousandroads.net/index.php?threads/legends-arceus-snippets.1152/

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
And officially up to speed as of 1.3.2023

Hi everyone I totally forgot to promote last week... and this won't be much for one shot since I've done one... and it's so RD I'm not rec'ing you read it (it also turned out to not be a one-shot on Ao3 but that's another story).

So as the undisputed master of loving my own voice... type script... whatever you wanna call it, may I humbly recommend some of my stories with the hopes we can drag one or two of the chapters out of the third-week category? You could consider the timing as a "well you might wanna have a little extra breathing room for the reading part" and let it go at that.

(also I have no idea if I'm going to get desktop time before the event ends so there is that)

So fair warning I know they are a bit... grammatically IP at best. I've been doing a light comb-over with Grammarly but my computer time went from a ton to near zero at a drop of a hat, so all editing went from the front burner... to off the stove and to chill in the sink... and it shows.

Dodging consequences

An Au set pre-gen one Anime verse: RANKED TEEN

While inspecting Mewtwo's newest containment. the specimen breaches containment and in a rampage kills everyone and everything in the facility before falling to its own wounds. The varied 'mon deities, infuriated by Giovanni Sakaki's attempts to supplant them, decree his punishment... And being on death's door Giovanni doesn't quite catch the terms and conditions

Thus Giovanni wakes up, brain a scrambled mess, his organization in shambles, and his awareness shunted into the body of a newly hatched Nidoran male. His partner... a newly minted researcher's assistant, Ash Katchem.

(It's not only Giovanni's fate that had been derailed, after all)

Part two of Cut and Run: RANKED Teen:
Guilty and the Innocent

He wasn't quite archaic, but there were times when Samuel Oak felt his years more so than others. Considering he was laid up at home rest when with a broken leg after thwarting a Rocket attack at his facility Samual was feeling them all and then some.

His visiting list was the standard slew. Well wishing neighbors, trainers he'd mentored, and of course, Viridian's Gym Leader. They'd gone back, long enough that Sam had mentored the man, and though surly enough to make a Tauros seem placid, Giovanni Sakkai was a friend, a family friend no less. And this wasn't the first time they'd had each other's backs. It likely wouldn't be the last.

A MENTOR Professor Oak + Giovanni Sakaki character study/history building fic. ANIME Verse, post Season one.

Part one of MANGA AU:
Transversal: Crossing the backs of Legends

In which in his dying Giovanni refuses to go quiet anything. His plans all lineup, he summons Celebie... but the Legends are as much malice as power, and the only thing that spared humanity from being wiped off the planet is their well spring of utter apathy. Giovanni, through his actions as Rocket Boss has managed to get the collective Legends to move beyond that little failing, and they devise a punishment ripped out of the oddest contours of the human psyche.

And just to be spiteful, because all the old Gods were such in the stories, they drag an innocent Silver into it.

Both were degaged. Silver to childhood, his memories wiped to the day after escaping Mask, Giovanni to adolescence and bearing the full brunt of knowledge. Their teams were scattered, each trainer was saddled with a depowered starter, dropped into different worlds, in different timelines.

And the only way they could communicate was through a pair of battered cell phones.

It took time, and effort, but eventually, Giovanni figured out that Silver had replaced a trainer starting his journey in the Hoenn Region, weeks before the attempted Magma insurrection... As for himself, he was trapped in a region he'd never heard of... and for a man who ran whole regions from the shadows not knowing where he was was almost as disquieting as having a world insist his name was Moon.

Roost: a gift fic series, RANKED: teen tipped towards mature in the later chapters.

Roost

Prequel to Roost "She sells"

MANGA verse
When the Mask of Ice said he'd been redeemed, claiming to see the light and other insanities Green looked at Silver, and both of the Mask's old disciples shared a long look that spoke of their old incarceration and torture at the redeemed ice trainer's hands. When Lance started the same tap dance, after the dunce tried to lazer off all humanity out of a region, then both started to offer to "redeem" them too... Well, Green said a few things that she regretted Yellow overhearing, and Silver, smarter of the two of them, had yelped at Sneasel to throw down a hail storm.

They booked it, leaving the redeemed, insane, and good, to keep each other company. And that act of self-preservation had put them in the black books of the Goodie squad, AKA the dex holders.

Really, they should have asked Silver's dad to just pick them up, it would have been easier, saner, and ended in less heartbreak.

But they hadn't.

Going on more whim than recollection, Silver and Green struck out for a final journey across regions... and this isn't that story... rather it's the disastrous fallout of a homecoming gone wrong on every level it could. When ex-child soldiers met a civilian world that wouldn't believe them, parents who couldn't, and had to weather impossible choices and temptations.

She sells sea shells, pre-Roost Green, and her family character studies (as well as set up to her getting enrolled in a private school).
Roost, a gift fic, the main tale, where Green and Silver have to weigh the temptations of truth, integrity, and the tightening focus of Team Rocket in their lives and try to get on with the whole process of living (and healing).

Last edited:

Spiteful Murkrow

Busy Writing Stories I Want to Read
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Partners
  1. nidoran-f
  2. druddigon
  3. swellow
  4. quilava-fobbie
  5. sneasel-kate
  6. heliolisk-fobbie
Heya, just sliding right in at about the midpoint mark of Week 2 to remind that if you're in the mood for a meatier one-shot, that I do have two pieces that qualify for the weekly theme if you've never read them:

[NO AUDIO] - a gift fic one shot that I wrote for @Umbramatic 's birthday last year in which I played around with a piece of headcanon of his and made some pretty unsubtle video game homages while dragging an experimental fic built around the premise of being written with zero dialogue framed as CCTV footage out of development hell. It's roughly 6300 words long and dunno how well it turned out, but hey, I tried, and I had fun with it. So might as well plug it. :V

Hunting Game - my entry to the 2022 Mischief and Malice writing contest here onsite which is also an experimental fic, in this case being my first published foray into using second person perspective narration. It's a totally wholesome fic about a Flygon under the loving care of a trainer... who's an active poacher, so you know, not wholesome at all and more on the "soul-crushing" end of the spectrum. Though hey, if you don't mind some heavier reading, it's a pretty self-contained story at 9600 words, so why not give it a shot?

Top Bottom