• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Art & Drawing Resource Masterpost

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Art & Drawing Resource Masterpost

I've long realized that there's a need for an easy spot to gather good art resources in one location! My goal is that everyone will be able to add their own personal experiences or resources they've gathered that helped them, and it'll be in one easy to find thread. I'll try to come periodically to add everything to this masterpost.

Please feel free to drop any content or advice that has helped you. Videos, art programs, drawing apps, or even personal experience!

Happy posting!

Drawing Programs:
Procreate - $10 on Ipad, a high quality, professional drawing app with a wide variety of brushes and tools
Adobe Illustrator - Useful in particular for vector art and graphic design/logos
Colors Live! Switch - A fun intro to digital art, only $50 if you already own a Switch! It's not perfect, but its a lot better than buying an Ipad for $600 if you're just starting lol!

Poses:
Magic Poser: An app for Apple that allows for tap and drag posing of all kinds. Free!
Sketch me: A webapp that allows you to pose a basic human model! There is a paid version, but the basic one has some good tools for posing in a pinch.

Hands (the horror!):
Draw Better Hands Now: An excellent youtube video detailing how to quickly level up your hand drawing skills

Character Design:
Good vs Bad Character Design: Tips and Tricks! An excellent 20min video about how to improve the basics of memorable character designs.

Motivational:
Finished, Not Perfect - Very short, 1min video about the importance of finishing vs perfection. Watch it. You need it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom