• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Are there any Pokemon that you keep forgetting about, but adore once you remember them?

canisaries

you should've known the price of evil
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. inkay-shirlee
  2. houndoom-elliot
  3. yamask-joanna
  4. shuppet
  5. deerling-andre
just recently i rolled maractus in a random pokemon generator i use as a drawing prompt and i realized how good the design is

ShinyMachoke

Hitmonchan Defense Squad
Pronouns
He/they
I never think of Cresselia, but once I see it I go "Oh boy, I love that moon duck". Something about its design feels very nostalgic to me.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Maractus is a good one; one of my oft-forgotten ones as well. Lumineon's another that I tend to forget exists, but I think it's quite a nice design--"just a fish" but with a couple unique pokémon elements, and it's enchanting to think of a school of them all lit up way under the water.

Forestoak

Cosmic leech
https://www.wattpad.com/717235456-pokemon-divine-a
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. clodsire-custom
  2. groudon
Arboliva! When I watched Pokemon Horizons ep. 11, I finally remembered it. I don't really like how much it resembles an exeggutor, but the twist on its design with the wing-like branches and olive "decorations" are really neat. Plus, during my current (I did one before but the file loss bug erased my hard work. ): ) playthrough of Pokemon Violet, I had one before I replaced it with a recent catch, toedscruel because it was a total monster and I couldn't catch anything if it was out on the battlefield KOing everything.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Scoliopede! All of it's line actually. I always forget about it when I think about bugs, since my brain defaults to flying bugs, but it's truly a fantastic pokemon, the whole line is a gem.
Little bug, rolpoly bug, and then a sick horse bug. Peak.

Mirage

Bug Catcher
Pronouns
He/him
Partners
  1. minccino
A few examples off the top of my head are Vanilite, Vibrava, and Mothim! I often forget they exist, but I like their designs, and Tinted Lens is a fun ability on Mothim. Castform might also be this for many people because it has a pretty generic design paired with a unique gimmick, although I personally love it and it's one of my favorite Pokemon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom