• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

AQ - S.S. Trousselin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Right, okay, they were doing this. Why not. They were out at sea, far from Kanto. Not much danger of word spreading to anyone who shouldn’t hear it. Not to mention, May didn’t really seem like the gossiping type.

Jade traded glances with Nine. “Right, so… I kind of stole him from Team Rocket. He’s not the only experiment they made, there’s a bunch more like him. Well, I think he’s the only Pikachu, but—”

Hang on—there was one experiment that everyone knew about, what with him making international headlines that one time.

“They’re the ones who made Mewtwo,” Jade added.
May blinked. "I mean, yeah, they made Mewtwo, but wasn't Team Rocket disbanded, like, twenty years ago?" What the hell. She hadn't stumbled upon some kind of crazy conspiracy theorist, had she? Only then how would she have an actual superclone?

Spirit looked up at Jade, tilting her head, probably wondering the same thing. And then there was a roar from somewhere on the ship that had her looking up in alarm. There'd been some kind of commotion going on for a bit, some shouting and tremors, but what on earth.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“Oh, pfffhehehe.” Seb couldn’t avoid laughing at the photos of Violet being shocked and puzzled by a pizza. “If these were published on social media, they’d make memes outta them! J-Just wanted to say that so you’d be more careful, Violet.”

“She’s certainly… odd,” Jack said, crossing his wings over his chest as he looked at the photos. “No offense.”

“Sorry, sorry, I shouldn’t have laughed like that,” Seb said, moving his hands up and down as he tried to calm himself and looked back at Violet. “Was that your first time seeing a pizza?”

Sinderella

Angy Tumbleweed
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon-shiny
  2. gothitelle
  3. froslass
  4. chandelure
  5. mimikyu
Odette Neutral.PNG
Well, it looked like everything was calming down. Thank fuck, maybe she could actually a explore up here for a bit before--
Odile Sparkle Eyes.PNG
"̵O̷D̴E̵T̸T̷E̴!̵ ̴L̶O̴O̴K̵!̶ ̶I̴'̷M̵ ̶K̴I̶N̶G̴ ̵K̵O̸N̷G̴!̶"̵

Odile stood at the top of the slide--and at the literal top, on the roof that covered the area where people entered the slide, where no patron should have been standing--holding what looked to be a paper airplane. Where the fuck had she even gotten that?

She threw it, and it got caught on the ocean breeze and proceeded to loop around her as if it were actually attacking her. She held her hands up in triumph.
Odile Beaming.PNG

"̷L̷O̸O̷K̷ ̶N̶O̵W̷!̵ ̶N̶O̶ ̸H̵A̶N̷D̵S̸!̵"̶

Odette Neutral.PNG
Odette watched the scene with a furrowed brow. That wasn't exactly what she meant when she suggested Odile ride the slide, but...she supposed, if it kept her busy, it was fine. At least there didn't seem to be any lifeguards around.

"Vous avez l'air bien," she called up.

Enora Sus.PNG
"When did she even get up there?" Enora wondered out loud.

Odette Neutral.PNG
"I'm not asking anymore questions today, Enora."

Odile Beaming.PNG
Odile giggled to herself and watched as her plane took a nosedive into the pool. She stared at it for a second, before raising both her thumbs in a cheerful fashion.

"̸I̷T̵'̸S̷ ̵G̶O̴N̶N̸A̷ ̷B̶E̴ ̸A̵ ̶G̶O̶O̵D̷ ̴T̶W̸O̷ ̸W̶E̷E̷K̴S̸!̷"̵

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
“Oh, pfffhehehe.” Seb couldn’t avoid laughing at the photos of Violet being shocked and puzzled by a pizza. “If these were published on social media, they’d make memes outta them! J-Just wanted to say that so you’d be more careful, Violet.”

“She’s certainly… odd,” Jack said, crossing his wings over his chest as he looked at the photos. “No offense.”

“Sorry, sorry, I shouldn’t have laughed like that,” Seb said, moving his hands up and down as he tried to calm himself and looked back at Violet. “Was that your first time seeing a pizza?”
Violet crossed her arms with a pouting half-smile. While she certainly wasn't a fan of being the butt of the joke, she had to admit, Hazel got her good. She couldn't even counter because she had no idea how to work that contraption of seemingly infinite information. Instead, she elected to stick her tongue out at her Weavile, as if to say, 'You win this round'.

"Yeah, it was," she finally said, her tone defensive yet with a mark of sass, "I bested my opponent with greater ease than that in my next encounter, you can certain of that."

Her voice lost that boldness however as a new word registered in her mind. With complete, genuine curiosity, she asked, "...If I may, what is a 'meme'?"

Hazel burst out in laughter.

Negrek

Windswept Questant
Staff
His attention back on the other grounded trainer, Steven extended a hand to help him up. "No rope, but Aggron should be enough to deter any further trouble until we arrive. Are you okay, though...?" he left the question hanging, as he realized he didn't know the young man's name.
Nate stared blankly up at the guy's hand for a moment. This was... the Steven impersonator. Definitely not Steven Stone. Definitely not former Hoenn champion Steven Stone asking if he was doing okay. That would be absurd. Leave aside the fact that this entire day so far had been absurd, that was just one bridge too fucking far.

He would rather face all the bullshit standing than on his back, though. Nate grabbed not-Steven's hand and hauled himself to his feet, doing his best not to sway. Fuck. Ass. Shit, that fucking hurt.

"I'm okay," is what he said, after taking a second to catch his breath again, wait for his head to stop spinning. "I'm good. I'm fine, Mightyena," because now she was pressing up against him, looking up at him with wide, imploring eyes.

"I'm good," he reiterated, nodding to Steven. "Thanks." He reached down and briefly rubbed the side of Mightyena's neck, leaning gratefully against her side.

Blue glared at the guy. Really? He'd been in the middle of whatever this was, and he was gonna mouth off at the one who's stopped that espeon from eating his face? "Don't see you making any moves. What, you satisfied with your involvement in this being giving some guy a concussion and then getting knocked on your ass, job well done?" Someone else had managed to get himself and his aggron in between the two groups now, so at least that was something. "Gyarados, hold the big guy. Why don't you go make yourself useful and find some goddamn security? Where the hell are they?"
Nate gritted his teeth against a surge of irritation that made his vision swim. Really? "Yeah, pretty much. Might have liked to do more, but taking a faint attack to the chest you start to think, maybe somebody who's been lying around on a deck chair instead of doing jack shit ought to take it from here, like maybe someone who isn't wondering if they're bleeding internally and all. Prick."

(Oh, no. Why had he said that? Why the fuck did he have to go and say that to Blue fucking Oak, who very well couldn't be here, either, and he looked fucking young all of a sudden, but still? Goddammit.)

Mightyena made a faint, reproachful "whuff" that Nate tried to ignore. At least the asshole had given him an excuse to get the fuck out of here. "But sure, I'll go see what the hell is going on with security. You can hang out here and make your fucking contribution and smile for the cameras when they show up and all. Whatever."

(Oh, no, he really needed to get the fuck out of here, right the fuck now.)

Nate set off towards the bar, doing his best not to limp. He didn't want anybody else coming up to him wanting to help or nothing. The bar itself somehow looked even worse than when he'd left it, tables all tipped over and shit, glass and liquid all over the fucking place. The bartender and other patrons appeared to have fled. Well, whatever. If any of them had any clue how to summon security, they probably would have done it already.

Nate was well and truly staggering by that point, and he took a grateful moment to lean against the bar, rummaging around until he found an intact bottle of he-didn't-even-care-what.

"Come on," he rasped to Mightyena. "Let's find a fucking cabin or something." He needed some rest and then to figure out a way out of this whole stupid festival, just as soon as he could go a whole ten steps without needing to take a break.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Violet crossed her arms with a pouting half-smile. While she certainly wasn't a fan of being the butt of the joke, she had to admit, Hazel got her good. She couldn't even counter because she had no idea how to work that contraption of seemingly infinite information. Instead, she elected to stick her tongue out at her Weavile, as if to say, 'You win this round'.

"Yeah, it was," she finally said, her tone defensive yet with a mark of sass, "I bested my opponent with greater ease than that in my next encounter, you can certain of that."

Her voice lost that boldness however as a new word registered in her mind. With complete genuine curiosity, she asked, "...If I may, what is a 'meme'?"

Hazel burst out in laughter.
“It’s a sort of popular thing, like a photo, comment or video, that people make lots of jokes about and has that charm that makes it popular and funny enough to be relevant for a lifetime,” Seb answered. He didn’t exactly know what the internet defined a meme as, but he was just going with his own words and understanding.

Jack waited for Hazel to stop laughing before he continued to speak. “Where is this Violet human from? She doesn’t seem too familiar with culture much.”

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
May blinked. "I mean, yeah, they made Mewtwo, but wasn't Team Rocket disbanded, like, twenty years ago?" What the hell. She hadn't stumbled upon some kind of crazy conspiracy theorist, had she? Only then how would she have an actual superclone?
Jade blinked. “Twenty… years ago? What?”

May had said it unflinchingly, like it went without saying. Like everyone knew about it, and everyone knew the Rockets made Mewtwo, and…

Nine squinted at her. “*I was made before Mewtwo. What’s going on?*”

That portal. The weird feeling that had come over them when they’d arrived here. What… what was the deal with this ship?

A roar split the air. Jade spun around to see—down on the lower deck, some kind of scuffle. A bunch of passengers grouped around a guy on the ground. And… Steven Stone??

Just what was up with this ship? And how on earth had Jade ended up here?

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
“It’s a sort of popular thing, like a photo, comment or video, that people make lots of jokes about and has that charm that makes it popular and funny enough to be relevant for a lifetime,” Seb answered. He didn’t exactly know what the internet defined a meme as, but he was just going with his own words and understanding.

Jack waited for Hazel to stop laughing before he continued to speak. “Where is this Violet human from? She doesn’t seem too familiar with culture much.”
"I see," Violet replied, nodding her head, "That makes complete sense. I understand entirely now." She did not understand at all.

Hazel clutched her phone as she pondered Jack's question. This scientific impossibility — No, Hazel, that's just your imagination; the recording tonight will prove that — this Farfetch'd did already see a bit of their personal life. With Coleane and the Charmander around, the possibility that Seb too was a Faller was high. If they were going to get out of whatever experiment this 'Xavian' was conducting, they would need allies.

And if she were being honest with herself, she was curious to run diagnostics about this one.

"Violet is a Faller," Hazel replied, ignoring that previous desire. It was just a normal Farfetch'd in front of her. "She arrived to Snowpoint City after being flung to our time from the distant past. We agreed to be partners due to some... extenuating circumstances." She couldn't look Jack in the eye as she said those last words. "And yourselves? Where are you and your trainer from?" She asked. If she could find just the right detail or discrepancy, it would only strengthen her 'everyone is a Faller' hypothesis.

"Ah, I get it now!" Violet suddenly said, jolting her head up. "It's akin to a comedy line from a fable, such as, 'Mine divorced hath missed me, but her notch of the arrow has remarkably improved'!" She looked at Seb with a proud grin.

Last edited:

Panoramic_Vacuum

Hoenn around
Partners
  1. aggron
  2. lairon
"I'm okay," is what he said, after taking a second to catch his breath again, wait for his head to stop spinning. "I'm good. I'm fine, Mightyena," because now she was pressing up against him, looking up at him with wide, imploring eyes.

"I'm good," he reiterated, nodding to Steven. "Thanks." He reached down and briefly rubbed the side of Mightyena's neck, leaning gratefully against her side.
Nate gritted his teeth against a surge of irritation that made his vision swim. Really? "Yeah, pretty much. Might have liked to do more, but taking a faint attack to the chest you start to think, maybe somebody who's been lying around on a deck chair instead of doing jack shit ought to take it from here, like maybe someone who isn't wondering if they're bleeding internally and all. Prick."
Steven watched as the self-proclaimed 'Okay' dragged himself up and back toward the ship's interior. He seriously doubted the trainer's name was actually 'Okay', but Steven forgave him seeing as he was recently the recipient of a pokemon attack to the chest. He'd have to ask him another time. That, and why he was being stared at like he'd grown a third head.

Besides, the 'internal bleeding' comment also gave Steven pause as to whether or not he should be more concerned about the young man, but if his Mightyena wasn't distressed with his condition, Steven was willing to trust their judgement.

As much as Steven wished he could simply retire to a cabin for the remainder of the trip, it didn't seem like he would be able to with so much chaos having unfolded. It wouldn't be much longer, though. He thought he could see a speck of land just on the horizon, growing larger every minute. Oh well, he could wait to finally relax once they got to their destination.

Aggron looked content where he was, and Blue's Gyarados had things under control, so Steven made his way over to the railing near the edge of the pool deck and leaned back against it.

It was just one day out of two weeks. They wouldn't all be like this, right?

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
"I see," Violet replied, nodding her head, "That makes complete sense. I understand entirely now." She did not understand at all.

Hazel clutched her phone as she pondered Jack's question. This scientific impossibility — No, Hazel, that's just your imagination; the recording tonight will prove that — this Farfetch'd did already see a bit of their personal life. With Coleane and the Charmander around, the possibility that Seb too was a Faller was high. If they were going to get out of whatever experiment this 'Xavier' was conducting, they would need allies.

And if she were being honest with herself, she was curious to run diagnostics about this one.

"Violet is a Faller," Hazel replied, ignoring that previous desire. It was just a normal Farfetch'd in front of her. "She arrived to Snowpoint City after being flung to our time from the distant past. We agreed to be partners due to some... extenuating circumstances." She couldn't look Jack in the eye as she said those last words. "And yourselves? Where are you and your trainer from?" She asked. If she could find just the right detail or discrepancy, it would only strengthen her 'everyone is a Faller' hypothesis.

"Ah, I get it now!" Violet suddenly said, jolting her head up. "It's akin to a comedy line from a fable, such as, 'Mine divorced hath missed me, but her notch of the arrow has remarkably improved'!" She looked at Seb with a proud grin.
“I think that’s supposed to be a reference, but I can’t get it for the love of me…” Seb held his head in thought as he digested the joke.

“Ah, Seb mentioned having read something like that Faller stuff on the media,” Jack replied. He held a feather over his beak. “I wouldn’t consider us Fallers, though, even though we came through a portal. It wasn’t blue, so it wasn’t an Ultra Wormhole… We’re from Kalos, all of us—that’s where my master also lives. Hope I can see him again.”

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
Jade blinked. “Twenty… years ago? What?”

May had said it unflinchingly, like it went without saying. Like everyone knew about it, and everyone knew the Rockets made Mewtwo, and…

Nine squinted at her. “*I was made before Mewtwo. What’s going on?*”

That portal. The weird feeling that had come over them when they’d arrived here. What… what was the deal with this ship?

A roar split the air. Jade spun around to see—down on the lower deck, some kind of scuffle. A bunch of passengers grouped around a guy on the ground. And… Steven Stone??

Just what was up with this ship? And how on earth had Jade ended up here?
May stared at the Pikachu. What was going on?

Everything felt weird and off-kilter again. That bizarre portal. The disappearing tablet. Was Jade… from the past, somehow? Or she from the future? How did that make any sense?

She felt sick. Jade had turned to check on what was going on below. After a swirling, disorienting moment, May decided she’d see what was happening, too. Whatever this nonsense was, she could try to figure it out later.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
“I think that’s supposed to be a reference, but I can’t get it for the love of me…” Seb held his head in thought as he digested the joke.

“Ah, Seb mentioned having read something like that Faller stuff on the media,” Jack replied. He held a feather over his beak. “I wouldn’t consider us Fallers, though, even though we came through a portal. It wasn’t blue, so it wasn’t an Ultra Wormhole… We’re from Kalos, all of us—that’s where my master also lives. Hope I can see him again.”
"See him 'again'? You mean to say that Seb, your trainer, is not your 'master'?" Hazel replied, taking out her phone again to make some notes. "Kalos... interesting. I heard whispers of a deluded 'Team Flare' that had been apprehended recently, though not much else." It was important to know your potential foes. She reminded herself to perform further research into them should they decide to pop up in Sinnoh.

However, Violet was getting a bit impatient with their conversation. While she had a good banter with Seb, the ones she was really interested in — the Pokémon — were having their own little chats without her. She pouted her lips and tapped her foot.

"Well, this was certainly a nice introduction, but I believe Hazel and I ought to seek our cabin," Violet said, "A pleasure to meet you, Seb, Jack, Coleane, and, er... Charmander. Mayhaps we may meet again in the coming hours."

"Just one moment, Violet!" Hazel replied, clutching onto Violet's pants with her free claw. While Violet wasn't pleased, she relented and waited for her partner to finish her question. "I just would like to know one thing, Jack: Who is your master?"

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“An Aegislash in the wild,” Jack replied, moving his wing over his leek. “He taught me the blade, and thus he is the reason I can use my leek so efficiently. I was out for more practice when Seb and Zack found me, and after he caught me, the rest is history, as they say.” He looked up with a feeling of nostalgia. “I don’t think I ever said goodbye to him.”

“I don’t know what you guys are talking about,” Seb said as he looked down at Jack and Hazel, “but judging by the Weavile’s coat, this is some sorta interview? Or…?”

“I still like being with Seb, though.” The Farfetch’d tapped his leek onto his shoulder a few times and smiled. “He’s a nice guy. Anything else you wanna know, miss?”

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
“An Aegislash in the wild,” Jack replied, moving his wing over his leek. “He taught me the blade, and thus he is the reason I can use my leek so efficiently. I was out for more practice when Seb and Zack found me, and after he caught me, the rest is history, as they say.” He looked up with a feeling of nostalgia. “I don’t think I ever said goodbye to him.”

“I don’t know what you guys are talking about,” Seb said as he looked down at Jack and Hazel, “but judging by the Weavile’s coat, this is some sorta interview? Or…?”

“I still like being with Seb, though.” The Farfetch’d tapped his leek onto his shoulder a few times and smiled. “He’s a nice guy. Anything else you wanna know, miss?”
"An Aegislash, and you were caught before you could thank him..." Hazel replied, looking at the Farfetch'd with pity. Were the wilds truly like that? Where you could simply be whisked from your home life without warning? How terrible. And yet, despite that, Jack seemed so... proud. Perhaps she ought to ask him more about that later.

Hazel's eyes darted around in uncertainty, before she decided to try to end things on a positive note, "Well, it was a pleasure to meet you, Jack. Oh, and, sorry; my name is Hazel, former lab assistant to Professor Douglas and now a Sinnoh League combatant." She said, nodding, though her mouth still bore a hint of sadness.

"She's just an egghead," Violet replied to Seb, shaking her head, "Bookworm who likes to take a lot of notes and tippy tap on those electronics of hers." Seeing that the Weavile was finished, she gave a shorter bow as she bid her goodbye, "And good day to you, good sire. Mayhaps we meet again."

The duo walked off, hoping to find a map. While Violet made the excuse of retiring to her cabin, she wanted anything but — if there were more Pokémon or even people like the ones she just met, then she hoped to see 'em all in action before she got off this massive ship. Still, Hazel did seem a bit exhausted. A bit of rest couldn't hurt. Besides, no matter how much Violet teased her, Hazel was her best friend. She'd take care of her as best as she could.

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
“See ya, miss Hazel.” Jack waved a wing, while Seb waved his fingers, as their new acquaintances left.

“They’re certainly a pair, from what I could see,” Seb muttered, pocketing his hands. “Maybe we should wait until we arrive to where this cruise is headed. Could be some fun resort island.”

“I’m kinda excited myself, too.” Jack twisted his torso in anticipation. “I might be able to get some more practice with my leek.”

Seb looked up in thought. “Wonder what Legends we’ll find, if there are any. Kyogre? Tapu Koko? Lugia? Time can only tell…”

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
Attention Guests!

The S.S. Trousselin will be arriving at Kunolo Island shortly. Please gather your companions and belongings and prepare to disembark.

The rest of the announcement was brief, mostly a few safety reminders, followed by well wishes and ‘have a nice evening’. A short time later, just as the sun was just beginning to touch the horizon, the boat docked and everyone was allowed to disembark at their leisure.

One by one, everyone eventually left the boat, setting foot, claw or paw on Kunolo island for the first time.

Truly, the island was quite splendid to behold. White sandy beaches stretching out to the left and right, and verdant forests ahead. Tucked in between oaks and pine trees were colorful berry trees, and even a few curious wild pokemon watching. In the distance, a small mountain, or perhaps a large hill could be seen. No doubt the island had much to offer, for both human and pokemon. A wide path cut through the woods, and in the growing twilight, a large building could be seen at the end of the path. Yellowed light cast from its windows seemed to beckon to weary or curious travelers.

Waiting for them on the shore was Amara and her Hypno again. Except now she wore a rather nice uniform. A black dress shirt with a dark red suit jacket and perfectly pressed black slacks. Her face was unreadable as she observed the newest guests.

Eventually, she spoke, her voice reserved and polite. Yet even if there were stragglers on the boat, they would be able to hear comfortably. It seemed her Hypno was able to psychically amplify her voice.

“Welcome everyone, to my esteemed master’s personal retreat, Kunolo Island.” She gave a slight bow. “If you would please follow me, Mr. Montorzi has asked all his guests to meet at the Main Hall at the end of this path. He wishes to meet all of you and introduce himself, and requests you make your way there as soon as possible.”

She leads the assembled trainers down the path, towards the building in the distance. Finally, it seems, curious trainers and pokemon alike will meet their host...

Feel free to make closing posts or finish things and transition to the Main Hall. This thread will remain open for a little longer to allow for that, but it is recommended not to linger too much here.

Last edited:

Hanafuda

Novice Ornithologist
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. rowlet
Seb ran down in excitement to the beach as the ship arrived. “Deluxe food, Legends, Pokémon Battles, we’re comin’ for ya!” He jumped, his arms wide open and his jacket fluttering behind him. “YAAAAAAAH!”

Jack flew with open wings above him, his leek grasped in his beak. He was ready to enjoy this vacation.

MintyMimix

Otherworldly Dessert
Pronouns
They/Them
Partners
  1. lurantis
  2. noivern-astrea
Well, shoot. Hazel thought to herself as she heard the announcement. Just how long did I sleep...?! She glanced at her phone and gasped saw that her little catnap had lasted well over the entire day. Rubbing her claws over her eyes, she leapt out of the bed in the cabin and looked around for Violet.

"Sleep well?" Violet asked, looking down at her Pokémon from the top bunk. She had been laying on her side with her head propped up on her hand as a chesire grin had been strewn well across her face. "Thought I would have to find a new partner with how long you were out," she joked, giving a wink to the Weavile.

Hazel let out an exasperated exhale, but smiled as she looked up at her trainer. Violet had stayed awake and in the cabin the whole time, hadn't she? Just to make sure Hazel was okay. It was moments like these that made her glad to have met the girl from the past. Sure, she had her little quirks, but her enormous heart more than made up for it.

She was about to give a positive trill in response when her eyes narrowed in realization. Picking up her phone, she typed: [You know it's usually the smaller one that gets the top bunk, right?]

Violet merely snickered in response before hopping off the bed. The two left the cabin, ready to disembark and see just what this 'festival' really offered.

Flyg0n

Flygon connoisseur
Pronouns
She/her
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. swampert
  3. ho-oh
  4. crobat
  5. orbeetle
  6. joltik
  7. salandit
  8. tyrantrum
@AbraPunk

In the meantime, as some made their way off the boat and others lingered for a last few minutes, men and women in snappy sailors uniforms moved in to begin cleaning the miniature disaster. Most looked somewhat disgruntled, though the pokemon with them seemed mainly amused by the spectacle. A Reuniclus made short work of scattered furniture, and a group of busboys set to cleaning the bars.

Judging by the efficiency with which the staff moved, it seemed perhaps they'd been keeping an eye on things to some degree, but had chosen not to interfere. Or just hadn't wanted to.

A Comfey and Mewostic made their way over to Wes, followed by a young man who looked like a doctor. Meowstic did a brief check - no broken bones fortunately, then gestured to the Comfey, who sent a wave of healing energy through Wes that would have him feeling good as new soon enough.

AbraPunk

Cosmic Guardian
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. luxio
A Comfey and Mewostic made their way over to Wes, followed by a young man who looked like a doctor.
Upon seeing the approaching person and Pokémon, Nico and Merian, who'd remained by Wes' side this whole time, hissed at them.

They were ignored, though, and--

Meowstic did a brief check - no broken bones fortunately, then gestured to the Comfey, who sent a wave of healing energy through Wes that would have him feeling good as new soon enough.

Wes gradually regained his consciousness, finally awakening after that fight with the impostor.

Wait.

He quickly noticed his goggles were missing, and scrambled to get them. Once he had them, he quickly put them on, and made sure they were secure.

He glanced around at the pokémon that had healed him. "...Thanks."

He pointedly ignored the nearby human.

Subconsciously, his hand moved to where his knife--

...Oh, hell no.

His knife was gone.

"Fucker took my knife," He snarled to himself, "Fuck!"

Thankfully, he had his backup knife, which... wasn't technically actually a knife, per se, but rather a crude makeshift weapon consisting of a Nidoking's fang grafted onto a wooden handle.

He'd never had to use his backup knife before, but he supposed there was a first time for everything.

Without another word, he stormed off the boat, Nico and Merian following along.

--

Nico glanced up in concern, looking just above Wes' head. He saw it, and he knew Merian did too. That churning ball of violet and black, floating around Wes' head.

"The wisp... it's here."

Merian's tail drooped. "Crap. Well, let's just... try not to get into any more crazy fights."

Nico nodded. "Yes, and 'hope for the best', as you say."

--

Silently, the three of them made their way to the main hall.

<> <> <>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom