• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

April 2020 | Camp NaNoWriMo

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
Anyone doing April camp this year? What are you planning on working on?

My gameplan is best summed up as:
kintsugi Today at 10:45 PM
oh fuck I was looking up BW soundtrack names and I found the perfect shitpost pun title for a fic
guess we're doing april nanowrimo after all

Last edited:

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Yup. I want to make a dent in my original project (the one that expands on Slow Burn) by writing the first 20,000 words, but in order for me to get started, I need to have a clearer outline of what's going on so I know what the plot beats will be in the earlier parts.

My profile is here: https://nanowrimo.org/participants/nebuladreams

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Hrk, well, I wasn't going to, but if other people have got plans, I should at least give it a try, yeah?

Best bet would probably be to just work on what I'm already working on, but more. It's not like I need a new project! On the other hand, I'd been thinking recently that it might be fun to write a little mystery one-shot, since I've never actually written a mystery before. We'll see. I've got a few hours left to decide, I guess.

WildBoots

Don’t underestimate seeds.
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. moka-mark
  2. solrock
Best bet would probably be to just work on what I'm already working on, but more.

SAME. I've found I really work best when I'm not rushing myself, so IDK that I'm really trying to crank out 50k, but MORE would be good. And general solidarity! I don't think I'm going to be active on the NaNo site since I'm juggling two projects back and forth, but I can keep track of my monthly word count and out myself share for solidarity.

kyeugh

you gotta feel your lines
Staff
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. farfetchd-galar
  2. gfetchd-kyeugh
  3. onion-san
  4. farfetchd
hmmm, well, my april sure did just open up! so maybe i'll shoot my shot. i need to work on wandersword, but i've also got that western one-shot (three-shot?) i've been working on... that might be good too.

kintsugi

golden scars | pfp by sun
the warmth of summer in the songs you write
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. silvally-grass
  2. lapras
  3. golurk
  4. booper-kintsugi
  5. meloetta-kint-muse
  6. meloetta-kint-dancer
  7. murkrow
  8. yveltal
hmmm, well, my april sure did just open up! so maybe i'll shoot my shot. i need to work on wandersword, but i've also got that western one-shot (three-shot?) i've been working on... that might be good too.
mood.

Pen

the cat is mightier than the pen
Staff
Partners
  1. dratini
  2. dratini-pen
  3. dratini-pen2
My big April goal is finishing part one of The Lance Fic (TM), which is seeming likely to clock in at 50k+, so . . . may be doing this by default!

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
I wanted to get 10k words of any kind of prose fiction written. I'm most of the way there, and it's mostly been Different Eyes, so I guess that's a success! Without Camp NaNo I doubt I'd be as far in as I am.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Well, I did get 9.2k done on this project, which is better than nothing, but it looks like all of the words I did will need to be trashed anyway. I hit a huge bump in the road in terms of this original story since I figured out a mistake that will end up changing the whole outline to rectify. At least I've written another 5k words so far on the Machamp one-shot I'm doing, and I'm feeling more confident about getting that finished.

Top Bottom