• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Announcement & Discussion

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Hey all, here's the current status of the round.

Front Lines priority:

1. Cynthian
2. Vix
3. Starr
4. Brisa
5, 6, 7, 8: Astrid, Saltriv, Cabot, Shiron
9: Icetales
10: Nip
--
"2" or "3" priorities that were in the last fight:
Owen, Dave

Up to par but currently withdrawn from FL:
Celeste

--

Additionally, here's a list of plot or other scenes that can happen this round, in order of importance:

Extremely major plot scene: Central Crossroads, nighttime, as many people as possible.
Karat, Guild holding chamber
Chip and Reshiram, Chip's Lab
Cosmog, Chip's lab
Shield, any Guild location
Maple and Millijoule, Isle of Light scouting
Soda, various locations, but possibly X-Eye or the beach.
Owen and Leg, dorm rooms at night.

Last edited:

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Scenes I'd like to attend with Brisa:
Group, Karat, Shield, Isle of Light, Soda

Scenes I'd like to attend with Luz:
Group, Karat, Chip, Shield, Isle of Light

Last edited:

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
I'd like to attend the Crossroads and Isle of Light scenes with Pleo. If the Shield scene is towards the end of the round I'd love to join that one too with him, especially if not that many people are interested in it like it seemed on Discord.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
I'd like to have Saltriv attend the Crossroads scene, the Isle of Light scene, and the Shield scene.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Top priorities for me are the "extremely important plot scene" and the Cosmog scene. I'm interested in Isle of Light but kinda doubt it's gonna happen for me, and I'll do the Karat scene if no one else is going to, but realistically it should probably be a different character.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
The battle has begun! I'd like to make some special clarification posts about the mechanics of this fight, because it's a little different, as well as a few reminders.

1. There are two zones to this fight, and no Front and Back rows. As of the first turn, Giovanni and Shattered Deoxys are on the Outside zone. Everyone else is on the Inside zone. If nobody occupies the Outside zone, they will close in on the Inside zone and gain massive boosts in power; you must have some units keeping them busy. Zones behave exactly the same way as Rows in terms of movement, and requires one action to move from one to the other. Nobody in one zone can target someone in another zone. This includes team-wide attacks, both beneficial and harmful. It is possible to attack in one zone for one action, use a second action to switch zones, and then attack someone in the other zone with your third action. Any moves that used to work with rows, such as Teleport, U-Turn, Escape Orbs, and so on, behave as if the two zones are Front and Back rows. You may choose which zone to start off in as a free action on your first turn's log. If you do not pick a zone, I will assume you picked Inside.

2. As a reminder, "horde" type enemies--like the Deoxys swarm--only have one attack, can be staggered out of using their attack if 20% of their HP is consumed in one turn, and all of their attacks behave as AoE and ignore evasion.

Good luck!

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Congrats on another win! You guys impressed me with your flavor as well as thoroughly taking out the bosses even when that wasn't the main goal! (Though you did spend quite a bit on it.)

I have a few announcements to make as usual for the retrospective. Be sure to read all of them!

1. With Diyem rescued, the resonance the team holds to darkness has increased. Diyem may be weakened, but mid-tier Shadows have been unlocked! They have the same restrictions as Shining moves, and come with the prefix Umbral.
2. After some deliberations with the balance team, and seeing its... impressive performance in the past few fights, we have decided to nerf Assist. It still draws from Support units at any time, but instead of behaving like Copycat, it behaves like Mimic. It still costs the same due to the fact that the pool and opportunity cost of drawing from anything from Support at any time.
3. Mimic and the nerfed Assist have been buffed such that it now chains into the move it copied, similar to Copycat. The only difference is that the move then permanently becomes that normal move, when Copycat continues to have the extra cost in exchange for copying any move actively used in battle.
4. The team's bodies continue to destabilize, and that heightened exposure to the Radiant Machine isn't doing them any favors. Blinding Meltdown has become even more volatile. It now pierces evasion, destroys barriers, and also double-KOs if the user has a Reviver Seed.

--

A word on group-scene etiquette.

There have been some concerns brought up during group scenes that sometimes players go 'too far ahead' of me or other players when a scene is happening. And as a result, when that player returns, they must either make up for what was missed somehow, or must do a lot of bad-chronology quote blocks to reply to everything that happened, which can come off as awkward or clunky.

I think those that have had this concern can bring it up themselves to further elaborate, but in general, this is partly a result of some players being newer to group roleplays than others, and especially so because of how large and hectic some scenes can become. This goes triple because of the differing time zones we all have, myself included. I'm open to seeing a discussion for this on how that can be rectified or better coordinated for longer plot/large group scenes that span multiple days. This isn't a huge problem, but it is worth bringing up and talking about for the sake of awareness and possible remedies.

That's all for now! The next boss is a Big Boss, and as such, the Front Line count has been upped to 15. Get ready for a big fight! I'm pretty sure everybody who wants to and is able to be FL, will be for this one. I'll edit this post with the formal lineup later.

For round 9, there are no mandatory plot scenes. However, there are scenes with certain characters that I want to prioritize. In this order...

1. Maple and Millijoule
2. Diyem
3. The rest of God Squad
4. Arceus
5. Shield and Karat

And of course, there is still room for other characters as well! These are just the characters that I have particular interest in showing more of, and/or are characters that I feel need more limelight from the roster.

(cough also Owen scenes maybe cough)

That's all for the announcements this round. Thanks for reading, and have those Umbral attacks on their way! If you had one pre-approved already, remind me so I can log it down.

IFBench

Rescue Team Member
Partners
  1. chikorita-saltriv
  2. bench-gen
  3. charmander
  4. snivy
  5. treecko
  6. tropius
  7. arctozolt
  8. wartortle
Diyem scene please.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Definitely need a Maple scene. Shield and Karat would be second priority. Other than that, Arceus, and I'd love a Diyem scene, but I imagine that'll be pretty popular and it can wait for a later round.

Already expressed interest in a scene with Owen. ;)

Last edited:

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Definitely want an Owen scene. Would like Diyem too, but I understand if that gets too crowded. Maybe Shield and Karat (depends on what it's most likely about).

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
It now pierces evasion, destroys barriers, and also double-KOs if the user has a Reviver Seed.
Nice.
Brisa won't be pleased.
Particularly interested in scenes with Maple, Diyem, and Owen. Shield/Karat could be good too, especially if Starr is there!

Dragonfree

Staff
Pronouns
she/her/hers
Partners
  1. butterfree
  2. mightyena
  3. charizard
  4. scyther-mia
  5. vulpix
  6. slugma
I’m interested in Maple scene, the Owen scene previously discussed, and I’ve always lowkey wanted Dave to get an actual scene with Arceus somehow so maybe that one too.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Announcing here as well:

To all active players,

I am looking for volunteers for something to do with this incoming fight. I would prefer at least three. Do not state here whether or not you are volunteering.

I will not explain what it is publicly. However, It will significantly inconvenience you during the battle.

If you're interested, DM me and I can go into slightly more detail to see if you'd like to volunteer.

Top Bottom