• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

And in closing... Post 2023 blitz thread

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Yeah its about 50 min early but meh...

So howd did the blitz treat you this year? Your fics get showered with attention? Want to brag about it? Find a new tale you wanna brag on (that you forgot to mention in the weekly rec page)? Any suggestions to make things smoother? Meet your goals? Got derailed? Theres space for that sentiment too!

loathing the sight of word counters web page?

alright thats my damage... Still.

welcome to the landing pad to make all that happen.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Merely a collector
Pronouns
Them
Partners
  1. shaymin
  2. dusknoir
I wish I could have participated but I've been so busy! Hopefully this year.

Cherry_BombBees

flying in the name of love
Pronouns
she/her
Partners
  1. altaria
I had considered joining, but job hunting and creating art took over my time for review blitz. Hopefully I can do it next year!

K_S

Unrepentent Giovanni and Rocket fan
Man i am sorry you guys were hit at a bad time with the event. Hopefully your rl affairs panned out ok?

Personally i lost half a week to observing family religious events... Beyond that and a few snags learning the app (and a few cases of not able to get wordcounter to work via my phone) things went pretty well.

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
I didn’t participate to the Blitz because it’s extremely tiring for me. The last two years I burned myself out just to get the minimum points for forum companions, so I opted to skip this event for my own mental health (which had taken a dip last year). :sadwott:

That said, I’m planning to do some reviewing in the next months. Just on my own terms and my own pace.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised that people checked out my stuff, especially my two oneshots, and that they enjoyed them. Really, that helped me get through my slump during winter time.

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
I'm pretty pleased with how I did in this year's Blitz! I got caught up on multiple fics, even more than I'd been hoping to. I didn't do quite as many reviews as I'd hoped, and fewer than last year, but considering the amount of time I had to devote to actually running the event, I think it was a decent effort. What really suffered for me this year was one-shots, and I didn't hit nearly as many of them as I'd like. I also completely missed on Dragon's Dance for the second year running.... so I'm going to work on that one outside of Blitz, because clearly as a Blitz fic it isn't working for me!

I'd also like to remind everyone that there's also a feedback thread for this year's event if you have any thoughts on how it went or suggestions for next year--always interested to hear how you think we might be able to improve things in the future!

Top Bottom