• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

An organized crime spin-off starring Wes.

BossCar

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/His
So, organized crime WAS a big part of my fanfic, The Price of War. Now, I plan to utilize that in a spin-off that takes place around the same time. Hopefully, it works out!

Here’s the summary: Who would’ve guessed one of the most dominant group of gangsters within Angel City’s underbelly is led by Wes, the former Team Snagem member who stopped Cipher and became a decorated soldier? Wesley “Bloodbath” O’Sullivan is the leader of a crew of local mobsters called The Southies, and they have a fearsome reputation. However, maybe Wes has an ulterior motive that nobody’s aware of.

Wes is ruthless, absoutely ruthless. His cameo in Chapter 19 was a mob hit, and in that AU, Wes allegedly killed Ghetsis and The Shadow Triad.

Rui wants to reconcile, but the only way Wes could(if he actually wants to) is if he puts his life in danger and rats.

Wes’s crew so far: Finn “The Gent” Madden, Timothy “Ice Pick Timmy” Cooney, James “Jim Slashers” Murphy, Daniel “Machine Gun Danny” Byrne, Anthony “Trigger Finger Tony” Gallagher, Patrick “The Mafioso” Marino, and Abraham “Dasher” Sweeney.

A number of books that I own can do/have done additional duties via helping with The Price of War, such as world building. I use real world architecture/art/design for world building, and I use my knack for history for world/lore building.

The last name given to Wes is to indicate that he’s Irish Mob without actually saying it. Thus, these two books would probably be consulted frequently: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/340513994135830541/808002507904385035/image0.jpg

I’ll show the entire “addtional duty” category if you want to see.

Last edited:

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
Huh, so sort of a mob AU featuring some of the Pokémon Colosseum characters? Definitely an interesting premise... Don't think we see too many mob AUs in this fandom, maybe because having characters join up with Team Rocket sits in a similar space. I'm definitely interested to see how you make use of pokémon in a more gritty setting based a little more closely on real-life crime!

I'm curious--is Angel City an original location in Orre, or is it in a different region entirely? One way or another, what intrigues me most is probably how Wes ended up there after the fall of Cipher. I definitely wouldn't count out that "ulterior motive" you hinted at!

All in all, this sounds like a fun idea for a spin-off. Hope your planning/research is going smoothly!

BossCar

Pokémon Trainer
Pronouns
He/His
Huh, so sort of a mob AU featuring some of the Pokémon Colosseum characters? Definitely an interesting premise... Don't think we see too many mob AUs in this fandom, maybe because having characters join up with Team Rocket sits in a similar space. I'm definitely interested to see how you make use of pokémon in a more gritty setting based a little more closely on real-life crime!

I'm curious--is Angel City an original location in Orre, or is it in a different region entirely? One way or another, what intrigues me most is probably how Wes ended up there after the fall of Cipher. I definitely wouldn't count out that "ulterior motive" you hinted at!

All in all, this sounds like a fun idea for a spin-off. Hope your planning/research is going smoothly!
Orre is the neighboring region to the OC region where Angel City is. Think Arizona(Orre) and California.\

Thanks for the well wishes!

Top Bottom