• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Air Continent ~ Great Canyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
R6 BOSS – VS Shield & Rayquaza

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
High above the rocky plains was the top of the Great Canyon, orange and sun-drenched by an eternal summer. Heat lines riddled the horizon and left countless mirages in the faraway sands, and the winds were dry and blazing. Fire Pokemon and other desert dwellers would feel right at home, but for most others, the heat would be sweltering and unbearable. Hopefully they would not have to stay here for long.

To the east was the other side of the canyon, which even at that relatively short distance, the heat lines seemed to distort the surface like the rocks were made of water. It seemed that someone had set up camp there, based on the makeshift hut that had been constructed there. It glowed lightly even in the afternoon sun and bright skies.

<><><>

"Here we are," Maple said slowly, looking left and right. "...And it seems that Shield is right there..." She pointed across the canyon.

Owen looked left and right, not seeing nor sensing any odd traps. Wishkeeper, over his shoulder, confirmed as much. Had Shield really honored his words?

"Wait, uh..." Owen looked left. There was someone there--a Xatu. "...Wait, aren't you from Treasure Town?"

"No. He is my brother." He did not even turn around, but his responsiveness suggested he was waiting for their arrival.

"Oh. Um, a fight's kinda going to start here soon..."

"Then do not bother me."

"Er... uh..." Owen looked helplessly toward the others.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
“Do not disturb the xatu gazing upon the sun.” Bahamut looked at Owen. “It is a sacred pass time for them.”

Navar

Professional Mudkip Lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Partners
  1. swampert
  2. chesnaught-apron
  3. lucario-mega
"I suppose it's not wise to disturb him, then?" Shiron sighed, and looked at the horizon. This was going to take a while, so it seemed.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Wait," Maple said, pointing. "Someone's emerging from the... Yes. That's Shield..."

And the Lucario in question was holding something over his back, as well as something in his hand. He tossed it, and out poured a bright light that solidified into a Rayquaza, who shook off his scales and looked toward the team with a fierce glare.

Shield looked toward the team, then at Rayquaza, and then touched something else in the strange bag. That was when, suddenly, they became too bright to look at.

"Gah!" Owen covered his eyes, but Wishkeeper pressed through and Owen announced what he was Perceiving. "Shield's in the air!" he called. "He's flying toward us, but--but something's wrong with Rayquaza! He's... he's transformed?!"

"Transformed? In what way?" Maple called as the light slowly faded.

Team Spectrum and God Squad turned their gazes skyward to see what was approaching. A horribly powerful aura oppressed the air, like the very atmosphere was charged with power. Thick clouds covered the canyon in an instant, turning the desert's immediate area into a sea of white cotton. The source was obvious, gliding over the top of these smothering clouds.

namocommissionfinalsig.png

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"That's trance," Bahamut stated. "Or, well, perhaps it goes by another name here. But I've seen that transformation."

"Pfbt! You gave Ray-Ray the power to do that!" Esper snickered. "Hashtage humblebrag, am I right, Baha Blast?"

"... like a broken clock."

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
"Shield!" Maple shouted. "Stop this now! We don't need to fight!"

But Shield either did not hear her or ignored her. His eyes showed no recognition, but this didn't surprise Maple--it was not like they had interacted very much in the past. More importantly, Shield would not recognize her as she appeared now.

"Emissaries of Darkness," Shield said, "I'm glad you came here to settle this properly. You cannot afford to lose this planet and neither can I. We will end this here and now."

"We don't need to fight!" Owen shouted.

"We do. Even if you aren't aware of it... You are pawns in this fight. But without you, your commander is useless." As Shield spoke Radiant energy clouded around his paws, and he dipped his hand into the bag again.

Maple used Blinding Crescent on Rayquaza, dealing 0 damage!

"But--" Maple's blade evaporated from her paw. "That can't... How?"

"Figured that was gonna happen," Soda muttered, hopping away. "Alright, good luck, Spectrum! I! Am! Outta here!" Soda disappeared in thin air.

Shield pulled out six Pokeballs next, each one looking a little scratched and worn from countless adventures and probably a little bit of carelessness.

He threw the balls in the air and six Pokemon formed from the lights--a Weavile, Crobat, Magnezone, Alakazam, Gengar, and Typhlosion. They all stood by Shield, ready to fight alongside Rayquaza--every single one of them held an aura of a Pokemon that had been on far more journeys than the one they were on now. This was a seasoned alliance, no different than a Rescue Team.

It seemed that Shield had two more, unopened capture spheres, too...

"I brought everything I could for this," Shield said. "I'm sorry. But we don't have a choice."

Rayquaza let out an ethereal roar and slammed his tail on top of Shield, but it was deflected by a prismatic barrier that glowed like the shining side of a TM. "Enough talking!" Rayquaza demanded. "It's time for me to end this. Emissaries, pray to the dark god you follow, because soon I shall return you to it! Cibus will not fall!"

Rayquaza is preparing Blinding Meteor!

Shield is protected by a powerful barrier...
Shield's resolve is strong!

The team of six are fighting as Support!

Rayquaza: 15,000
Stagger: 10
3 actions

Shield: 1,000
Stagger: 3
3 actions
+5 Protects
+Resolve

Special Condition: Don't let Blinding Meteor or other catastrophic attacks land more than once!

Last edited:

windskull

Bidoof Fan
Staff
Partners
  1. sneasel-nip
  2. bidoof
  3. absol
  4. kirlia
  5. windskull-bidoof
  6. little-guy-windskull
  7. purugly
  8. mawile
Nip let out a low growl, shifting from foot to foot. He'd had little time to get used to his new evolved body. But that wasn't important. He'd fought with worse conditions. He flexed his claws and let out a low hiss. Shadows weaved around his claws as he sized up the line of enemies — and the great god that towered over them all. They wanted to treat him as some 'emissary of darkness?' So be it. He'd use that power to destroy the pokemon that dared question his honor.

"Yes, enough talk," he agreed, his voice coming out in a hiss as he glared at Rayquaza. "They obviously won't listen to reason, so let's let our claws do the talking!"

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
The desert was even more fun than usual when you were a water pokémon. Nate could feel his energy, like, fucking evaporating out of his pores, or something. Whatever fucking pokémon thing. Meanwhile Rocky looked perfectly content, striding along with Nate's bag slung over one shoulder.

Aside from the xatu being a weirdo--not that that was remarkable in and of itself, xatu were just like that--things were pretty much as expected. There was the lucario people had been talking about, lucario-ing it up. Some kind of advanced-form Rayquaza, mildly terrifying, but at least it didn't look like anybody had glued any other pokémon to it. When the other pokéballs opened, though, Nate sat back a moment in surprise. "Oh, fuck me. I knew it."

"It's Champion Silver's team!" Rocky said, staring across at the array of battle-ready pokémon.

"Probably. At least the crobat and the weavile are. Pretty fucking iconic." Nate fiddled with his badge. Naturally they didn't have any way to get in touch with Silver, and the guy liked to go off by himself, so who knew where he might be?

Well, aside from god, that was. "Here." Nate tossed the badge to Rocky. "Tell Arceus to get Silver on the line. Or send one of his, like, disciples or whatever to find him. Maybe he can talk some sense into these guys."

He stepped forward and called across the gap. "Hey, Crobat! What the fuck're you doing hanging out with the guy who shoved your trainer in a torture machine? Silver's worried about you, you know!"

"Hello?" Rocky said into the badge. "Umm, Mr. God? Are you there?"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
God did not answer. Perhaps he was busy, or perhaps there was interference, but Arceus was not there to immediately reply to Rocky . However, it seemed that shortly after Rocky tried to contact him, the little icon of Pop's avatar--which appeared to be him wearing Black Glasses--indicated he had come online. He must have been reading...

Meanwhile, the others on the team rushed forward. Their interconnections with one another were stronger than ever, even with Diyem missing, and they collectively decided that trying to block the attack wasn't going to do them any good. There was no telling what would happen to the canyon, or Xatu, or anything in the immediate area should those attacks get launched too many times. They had to stop it! While several of the team prepared themselves and one another, enchantments flying and distorting the air around them, several more leapt toward Rayquaza for thunderous blows.

Brisa's Boon Facade dealt 555 damage to Rayquaza!
Nip's Double Blast Seeds dealt 400 damage to Rayquaza!
Cabot's Stone Edge dealt 235 damage to Rayquaza!
Shiron's Shadow Maelstrom dealt 310 damage to Rayquaza!
Celeste's Assurance dealt 273 damage to Rayquaza!
Dave's Assurance dealt 336 damage to Rayquaza!
Starr's Shadow Claw dealt 170 damage to Rayquaza!

"Grrrrgh--how... how could you?!" Rayquaza shouted, and then reared up. The meteor faded, dispelled like it had never been there. In a rage, Rayquaza screeched at them and bombarded the team with reckless yet extremely speedy tackles, an emerald blur striking several of the team.

"Rayquaza, focus!" Shield pointed toward him, channeling his own energy into the Legend.

Rayquaza's Blinding Meteor was interrupted!

Shield used Helping Hand on Rayquaza!

Rayquaza used a triple Extreme Speed, striking Shiron three times, Bahamut twice, Celeste twice, then Nip and Dave!
Shiron: Dodged, and then 134 total!
Bahamut: Partial graze for a total of 28!
Celeste: Dodged, and then 204!
Nip: Dodged!
Dave: A grazing 48!

"How dare you strike me," Rayquaza said.

Owen stuttered, "I mean--what else were we supposed to--"

"ENOUGH!" Rayquaza's mouth was glowing with a new energy. "It's clear that I need to thin your numbers before I can truly finish you..."

The winds churned. Approaching Rayquaza was suddenly a challenge in itself, cutting winds and intense blasts off air knocking several of Team Spectrum off their feet.

Meanwhile, Shield was muttering something to himself. "Rayquaza, don't let them get to you. You are the Legend of the skies, protector of the planet! This is nothing to you!"

Rayquaza smirked. Something about those enchanted words seemed to have an effect on him.

Rayquaza is charging up a Meteor Beam!
Rayquaza used Blinding Gale! He was surrounded in gale force winds! Anybody that interacts with Rayquaza will gain +100 Flinch!

Shield used Blinding Aegis, creating a barrier that blocks physical attacks!
Shield used Coaching, raising Rayquaza and his own attack and defense by 1!

Crobat used Hex III on Shiron, Bahamut, and Brisa's Resistance, lowering it by 2!
Alakazam used Boon III on Rayquaza's Magic, boosting it by 3 and granting him 200 fixed damage!

Brisa's Burn took out a bit of her health!

Team Spectrum Support Burst: 45
Team Shield Support Burst: 20

Rayquaza: 12,721
Shield: 1,000 +4 Protect
The team is immune to physical attacks for one turn!

Rayquaza's glowing a little brighter...

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Curio's double Shadow Malfunction dealt a total of 0 damage to Rayquaza, but lowered his speed!
Brisa's triple Thunder Cage dealt a total of 46 damage (1 critical) to Rayquaza!

"Pathetic!" Rayquaza roared, slamming his tail on the ground before rising into the air. "Your attacks are useless against me! How are you a threat to this world?!"

"About that!" Owen tried to cry over the wind, but his voice carried away into nothing. But he noticed that Brisa's odd attack was doing more than just bounce off of Rayquaza. It seemed like it was... sticking to him, no, it was tied to the ground! Could it be--

Suddenly, Rayquaza jerked upright and roared in a sudden jolt of pain, his own weight used against him as he slammed hard into the rocks.

"No!" Shield called, even as Curio and Bahamut tried to gain some distance--but it was too late to get away. The charged beam went flying toward them.

Rayquaza is trapped and can only attack those that attacked him!

Shield used Helping Hand on Rayquaza!

Rayquaza launched Meteor Beam+100 at Bahamut, Brisa, and Curio!
Bahamut: A grazing 60
Brisa: 605 damage, KO!
Curio: 303 damage, KO!

Rayquaza was hurt by Thunder Cage's trap, but broke free! Rayquaza took 1875 damage!

"Hmph... How dare you..."

Even as the golden lights returned Curio and Brisa to something that could at least be considered conscious, Rayquaza was not done. He rose into the sky and flicked away a few others who had tried to get in close as a powerful gust of wind blew from behind him.

"Rayquaza--are you okay?" Shield said, running from behind.

"Stay back and do as you're told, mortal. I've had enough games. Fall in and let me perform my attack..."

Falling in line, it looked like the team of Pokemon with Shield took on a more defensive, guardian-like position. Compared to Rayquaza, they were nothing in strength, but they would definitely get in the way...

Rayquaza used Tailwind!
Rayquaza is conjuring a Blinding Meteor!

Shield used Blinding Boon on Rayquaza, raising his Attack and Speed by 2!
Shield used Heal Pulse on Rayquaza, healing him for 750 HP!

Magnezone used Ward I on Rayquaza, giving it a +500 status barrier!
Weavile used Shield III on Rayquaza, having 500 HP!

Rayquaza: 11,550 +500 Shield +500 Ward
Shield: 1,000 +3 Protect
Team Shield Support Burst: 40

"I will not let you slow me down."

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Well, I'd say this guy's strategy is certainly living up to his name." Esper crossed his tiny arms and shook his head. "I'd call the dumbass space noodle a coward for hiding behind those barriers, but I think that'd just make him blow up faster."

Bahamut's tail stiffened behind him. "Wait, what?" He squinted up at the sky. Indeed, it seemed like Rayquaza was getting brighter. Just like the previous encounter. And something told him that the puppy was dumb enough to let Rayquaza unleash that explosive energy this time. For claiming to have aura and blessed sight with it, lucario could sure be blind fools.

"And, yes, I'm aware that Curio is somewhere behind me," he telepathically sneered at Esper before the poipole could open his mouth.

"So, guess Mr. Good-For-Healing is gonna do that, huh?" Esper yawned. "Pity you can't do anything about those barriers."

In response, Bahamut grabbed Esper around his head. He squeezed around the Ultra Stone, earning a startled yelp. Bahamut brought his prism arm back, then whipped it forward. Hollering in surprise, Esper's body stretched out like a slimy vine and thwacked against one of Rayquaza's shields before retracting back to Bahamut. "You were saying?"

Dangling in Bahamut's hand, Esper desperately tried to pull himself back together. "You're so lucky I don't have a real stomach. Otherwise, you'd be covered in puke."

Negrek

Play the Rain
Staff
"Well, that did all of jack shit," Nate grumbled. Loudly, in order to be heard over the whipping wind and whizz and crash of attacks. "Maybe they're too far away to hear." There was certainly no way anybody'd hear anything now. Nate could barely even see Silver's team, with all of them hanging out in the back and Rayquaza doing a great job of being a building-sized glowy distraction out front. "What's the status of the big boss over there?"

"I don't know! He, he didn't say anything back!" Rocky said, ducking a piece of shrapnel with the glowing badge still clutched tight in one hand.

"Fucking fantastic." Nate scowled into the swirling dust cloud ahead, which was broken occasionally by the flash of emerald scales. "All right. Let's see if we can get closer." He squinted into the battle-haze, then darted--well, mudkip don't really dart--ran for the cover of a low ridge. Rocky hesitated, then scuttled after the mudkip with his head low, badge clutched tight against his spectral chest.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
Goddamn it. As if it wasn't bad enough that the Rockets were going after the Hoenn legends back home, now the team had to deal with that bullshit here too. They'd stopped the meteor attack, at least. But those goddamn winds were stopping Starr from boosting her attacks with sunlight, and the only target weak to fire had about a million shields to go through, and the whole fight was just conspiring to piss her off as much as possible.

Fine. Shadow Claw had worked before. It would have to work again.

"Personally, I'd go with the Flare Blitz if I were you," a voice piped up from behind her.

Oh, and there was also the fact that a spectral cat pretending to be her brother had been standing behind her the whole fight, tapping away at that stupid tablet of his.

"Do you think I'm a fucking moron?" Starr demanded, rounding on Lexx. "Why the hell would I use fire attacks on a dragon-type when I can't even set up a goddamn Sunny Day first?!"

"Oh give me some credit--I can think of a dozen better jokes than implying you forgot the type chart. Nah, I just think you're underestimating just how hot that fire of yours can get," he said, holding up his tablet to display a few colorful graphs that Starr had no intention of looking at too closely.

Starr glared at him for several seconds, weighing her options. Finally, she turned her back to him and growled, "You better be right," before lighting her fur up and launching herself toward Rayquaza in a blazing fireball.

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
She could fucking do this. She knew she could.

Come on. Come on. More power, she needed more power to fucking put this overgrown sky lizard in the fucking dust!

Brisa's Boon Facade dealt 555 damage to Rayquaza!

Brisa's body was blazing with the sheer electrical force running through it as she lashed out first with bravado, then with desperation as she tried to cage the sky god with her own living lightning. Luz, by her side, yowled with effort as she joined her own power with Brisa's. For all of a moment, it even worked, and she brought a deity low, even if she was rewarded by a roar of pain and the crunch of meteoric rock against her bones. But she kept fighting. She would keep fighting no matter what.

Rayquaza was hurt by Thunder Cage's trap, but broke free! Rayquaza took 1875 damage!

When Rayquaza at last looked vulnerable, their scales gleaming, she knew what she had to resort to. She tensed up, a bassy growl rising deep inside her, and called on the same dark feelings that had fueled her at Shaymin Village. Predatory intent. Bitter solitude. Grief. Despair. Wrath.

"Let's have a piece of you, you pompous fuckin' sidewinder."

Shadows swirling around her, claws darkening, Brisa laid into her enemy with a viciousness she'd held in reserve for years. How much hurt could she put on this bastard? What would it feel like to break a legendary's bones? What did a god's blood taste like? Time to find out.

Brisa's double Shadow Maul dealt 2941 damage to Rayquaza!

...so that's what it tasted like.

Luz gripped Brisa's shoulder, at once comforting and a source of pain. You aren't Luz. You're a shade.

"Brisa, darlin'?" said the bichromatic zeraora, her expression concerned.

"Yeah," snapped Brisa. "I'll be fine."

"You'd better be. There's more where that 'un came from."

Ah.

Oh, hell.

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
While Rayquaza was expecting them to cower in fear at his new assault, Shield was prepared for the worst, his hands reaching into his bag for one last moment. He didn't like it, but it seemed that he knew what he would have to do soon. "Hang in there..."

Vix's double Fire Blast dealt 472 damage total to the shield!
Shiron's first Shadow Maelstrom dealt 104 damage to the shield, breaking through it to Rayquaza for a slight 126 damage! Rayquaza gained a Protect!
Bahamut's attack got rid of Rayquaza's Protect shield!
Curio's Shadow Malfunction dealt a total of 367 damage to Rayquaza!
Nip's Shadow Spike dealt 981 damage total to Rayquaza and Poisoned him!
Shiron's second Shadow Maelstrom dealt 623 damage to Rayquaza!
Cabot's triple Iron Tail dealt 2164 damage to Rayquaza!
Brisa's double Shadow Maul dealt 2941 damage to Rayquaza!
Dave's Assurance dealt 1619 damage to Rayquaza!
Celeste's triple Assurance dealt 1318 damage to Rayquaza!
Starr's triple Flare Blitz dealt 1521 damage to Rayquaza, taking 152 damage in recoil!

"No!" Shield cried, but then saw that, indeed, Rayquaza was being overwhelmed by the coordinated attacks. He fumbled around with his bag in search of his Poke Ball, but the sudden frost that surrounded his shields gave him a startled pause.

By the time he actually had his ball, Rayquaza was already plummeting to the ground. He dissolved into red light, and Shield immediately and without thinking tossed the two remaining Poke Balls into a small opening in his shield. He closed it right after.

"Keep it together, g--" Shield called, but the moment they were summoned, blazing heat on one side and bitter rain on another pelted Shield's barrier. He had to step back, holding a paw over Rayquaza's Pokeball.

Groudon used Precipice Blades on Celeste, Nip, and Cabot!
Celeste: Dodged!
Nip! Dodged!
Cabot: Dodged!

Kyogre used Origin Pulse on Celeste, Nip, and Shiron!
Shiron: Dodged!

"How are they dodging it all?" Kyogre snarled. "This is how they must have climbed so high against our foes..."

"That doesn't matter!" Shield called. "We can still do this! We need to strategize just like them! Everyone, fall in! This--this isn't lost. I'll help Rayquaza!"

Shield used Blinding Shout, raising everyone's Valor by 2!

Shield's body was glowing a little, but he tried his best to keep it under control. This wasn't working well, but they had to try...

Meanwhile, Groudon and Kyogre glanced toward one another with half-glares, but then focused skyward. Radiant energy swirled between them, creating a storm that seemed even more daunting than what Rayquaza had planned...

Groudon and Kyogre are preparing a catastrophic attack, Blinding Supercell! Stagger at least one to interrupt its catastrophic

Shield used Blinding Panacea on Rayquaza, channeling a healing energy into the Poke Ball!
Shield used Coaching, raising everyone's Attack and Defense!

Gengar used Seize I, stealing from Celeste, Nip, and Brisa, lowering their attacks by 2 and raising Groudon's by 2!
Magnezone used Guardian I on Groudon, aiming to raise his Speed!
Weavile used Revenge I on Kyogre for a 500 HP shield!

Rayquaza is withdrawn...

Shield: 1,000 +1 Protect
Groudon: 10,000 + Guardian+2
Kyogre: 10,000 + Revenge+500

Support Burst: 85
Enemy Support Burst: 70

Cresselia92

Gym Leader
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Partners
  1. ho-oh
  2. sneasel-nyula
  3. rayquaza-cress
  4. celebi-shiny
Swoosh! A cloud of snow and crystals aimed toward the nearby Crobat, but a sudden strong wind blew the Freeze-Dry away and gave time to the airborne opponent to fly away.

Icetales clenched his fangs. That wasn’t good. Not only were those materialized Pokémon strong battlers — which, by judging their incredible focus and raw power of their attacks, he theorized those were well-trained soldiers — but the maelstrom summoned by Lord Rayquaza made it harder to make attacks connect with their targets.

‘How lovely. Why can’t we have an easy situation for once?’

And then, he heard a battle cry from a familiar voice. Icetales turned to the source and saw Petram chewing at one of Weavile’s paws. That didn’t seem to do much damage, and the weasel casually swatted the ghoulish pup away.

“Hey! Leave him alone!” roared Icetales, before breathing out another volley of Freeze-Dry. That seemed to do the trick as the Weavile redirected the attention toward the Vulpix and hissed in alarm at him.

The two Ice-types traded glares, as if getting ready to tear at each other… but Icetales bolted toward Petram and snatched the pup in his jaws, then he took off, without giving time to the weasel to chase after them.

The winds disappeared just as quickly as Rayquaza, but a mishmash of water and sunbeams temporarily pelted the battlefield. Icetales huffed in annoyance, feeling his fur becoming wet and dry every few seconds… and starting to smell as a result. Lovely, just lovely.

With the upmost care, Icetales placed Petram to the floor. “Hey, art thou injured? That attack seemed hurtfu—”

Icetales’s jaws dropped as he noticed something horrifying: Petram’s ears were gone, with just small ghostly stumps in their place. Petram didn’t seem to mind, however, and beamed a cheerful smirk.

“Nah, I’m fine! But did you see that? I’ve got to kick that Weavile’s butt, ha ha! Exhilarating!” he exclaimed in glee, before tilting his head in confusion when he noticed the horror in his father’s eyes. “Huh. What’s up?”

“T-thy ears!”

“Hm?” It was only when Petram tried to flick his ears that he noticed he was missing them. Despite that, he didn’t seem worried. “Ah, yeah. Those claws cut them off. No big deal!”

“N-no big—Petram, thou art missing thy ears!”

“It’s okay, Daddy, really! Just look!”

Petram shook his head, and puff! His ears appeared in a mist of ghoul energy. Icetales’s eyes widened in surprise, and Petram started giggling.

“See? I’m okay. As long as this,” he patted his Ultra Stone, “stays intact I can recover from any damage. But still, thanks for your concern, Daddy.”

Petram snuggled against the bigger Vulpix, making some whistles and his tails tracing his father’s body. Icetales stared in dumbfound, still puzzled by the nature of the Shades, but knelt down to lick Petram on his cheek.

“I am… glad to hear that, Petram,” said Icetales in relief, keeping the smaller Vulpix close to his chest. “I would not want thee to get hurt. Thou art a pup…” He closed his eyes. ‘My sweet pup…’

Then, they broke their embrace when they heard a nearby growl. They spotted Brisa and Luz, who were both getting ready to attack the new opponents. Fresh wounds were all over the Luxio, which made Icetales frown.

“Duty calls. Our comrade needs my magic,” said Icetales.

Petram smirked. “Alright! Let’s get those legends!”

And without another word, Icetales rushed to heal the Luxio, while Petram got ready to sink fiery fangs into whoever dared to hurt Daddy… and his friends.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Staff
Pronouns
they/them
Partners
  1. pikachu-chibi
  2. lugia
  3. palkia
  4. lucario-shiny
  5. incineroar-starr
The team pulled together, unleashing an all out offensive on Rayquaza, and then in a blaze of fire, Starr dealt a finishing blow, sending the emerald serpent careening downward, only to be recalled into a Pokeball.

"Heyy, lookit that, knew you could do it," Lexx said, sounding rather too satisfied that his calculations had been right.

But of course the universe wouldn't let them feel satisfied for taking down a literal sky god. No, two more Legendaries had to show up to be pissed off at the team for bullshit reasons, and even though it wasn't exactly surprising, that didn't make it any better. Two god, two targets. The team was gearing up for an all-out attack on Kyogre, the leviathan surrounded by a raging downpour so thick it was like the sky was underwater.

"What now, genius?" Starr snapped. "Somehow I don't think fire is gonna work on that thing."

But Lexx just grinned broadly. "Ah, I'm sure you can figure it out on your own, it's not that hard."

Oh my god, always with the cryptic bullshit, why couldn't he be upfront for once in his life--

But before she could say anything, Starr's eyes fell on Shield. The asshole responsible for this mess. The one screwing their efforts over left and right with support bullshit. The one... with noticeably fewer barriers around him compared to before.

...Screw it. The rest of the team could deal with the gods that resisted all her damn attacks. This guy was actually weak to fire.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Support burst! All damage taken is reduced by 25%, and all damage dealt is increased by 25%!

Ashwood's Strike IV dealt 229 damage to Kyogre's shield!
Shiron's Shadow Maelstrom dealt 162 damage to Kyogre's shield!
Dave's Iron Thorn dealt 85 damage to Kyogre's shield!
Celeste's Blast Seed dealt 125 damage to Kyogre's shield! The shield broke and Weavile's Revenge was cancelled!
Nip's Silver Spike dealt grazing 111 damage to Kyogre!
Astrid's first two Shadow Hexes dealt a total of a CRITICAL 3946 damage!
Her remaining three dealt 3185 damage total
Brisa's double Shadow Maul dealt 1444 damage to Kyogre!
Cabot's Silver Spike dealt 209 damage to Astrid!
Cabot's double Stone Edge dealt a total of 745 damage!
Dave's double Assurance dealt 582 damage to Kyogre!
Kyogre was knocked out!

Nip's double Lash Out dealt a grazing 200 damage to Groudon!
Vix's double Hex dealt 378 damage to Groudon!

Kyogre screeched and drifted to the ground, no longer able to conjure its own lift with its watery kinetics. Before he could strike the ground, he was withdrawn in a flash of red light, just like Rayquaza, whose ball was starting to brighten a little more.

"Give--give me a second, I know what I can do!" Shield said to Groudon.

"I'll do what I can," Groudon said. "Leave it to the whims of the sea to fail me when it's needed."

Kyogre's Poke Ball rumbled angrily.

Groudon unleashed a weakened Blinding Supercell!
Bahamut: Grazing 5
Brisa: 217
Curio: 96
Dave: A grazing 75
Shiron: A grazing 29!
Starr: Dodged!
Vix: 95 (Muscle Memory grants 1 evade and accuracy)

Groudon used Psych Up on Vix's Resistance, gaining 6!
Groudon used Solar Beam on Celeste, Nip, and Cabot!
Celeste: A grazing 95
Nip: A grazing 55
Cabot: A grazing 212, but 125 HP was shielded!

Crobat used Haste I on Groudon!

Groudon used Blinding Blaze! Groudon is surrounded in blazing air--anybody that interacts with Groudon will gain 100 Burn!

Gengar used Provoke on Shield! Shield will take 25% less damage, and everyone's first offensive attacks must target Shield! Shield appears to be displeased by this.

Shield used Blinding Aegis - Physical!
Shield used Coaching again!
Shield used Blinding Shout, raising the team's Valor by 2!

Alakazam used Smite I - Speed on Celeste, Nip, and Shiron! For every buff they have, they lost 50 Speed!
Celeste and Shiron's speeds were minimized!
Nip's shield was broken and his speed was minimized!

Celeste's Riposte dealt 209 and then 368 damage to Groudon!

Brisa's burn deals a little damage to herself!

"Th-they seem to be a little more in sync this time!" Owen shouted. "Groudon's all that's left that's really strong. I don't know what Shield is planning with those capture things, but... we need to focus on Groudon and Shield for now!"

Support Burst! The enemies will take 25% less damage this turn, and will deal 25% more!
Gengar's Provoke is making everyone's first strikes go to Shield...
A Physical Aegis is in effect, nullifying physical attacks!
Groudon: 8,845
Shield: 505

Rayquaza, withdrawn: 750. His ball is getting a little brighter, but not yet...
Kyogre, withdrawn: 0. But will Shield try to revive him, too?

Last edited:

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cabot's Aether Spike dealt a grazing CRITICAL 4 damage to Shield!
Groudon partially dodged the effects of Cabot's Vile Seed, but still lost 1 defense and res!
Curio's Blast Seed dealt 57 damage to Shield!
Starr's Aether Spikes dealt a total of 12 damage to Shield!

With everyone's attacks largely nullified, the team elected to take this time to disrupt the enemy while they tried to regain some proper footing. But while they did that, they had to brace themselves for an incoming attack from Groudon.

Groudon used Precipice Blades!
Astrid: 68
Bahamut: 34
Brisa: Skara took the blow for 94 damage!
Curio: 126
Dave: 75
Shiron: 74
Starr: Cino took the blow for 137 damage, and the shield broke! Starr dodged the extra damage and gained a Protect!
Vix: 141

Groudon used Fire Blast on Celeste, Nip, and Dave!
Celeste: 480, KO!
Nip: 414 damage, KO!
Dave: 188 damage, KO!

Groudon used Blinding Blaze, restoring the blazing heat around his body!

Meanwhile, Shield was conjuring another Blinding Aegis, but the moment he tried, the energy evaporated like fog in the afternoon. "What--" Sinister threads wrapped around his hands oppressively, perhaps ones only he could see, and then he stared at Dave. "You... how... how dare you, I--" But when Dave had been blasted away, not to mention his fleeing, from Groudon's attack, he had to take out his inexplicable anger somewhere.

"You... I can't do anything without my powers! I..." He stumbled about, and then gave a swift kick to the two nearest Pokemon.

"...Shield... Shield doesn't have any offensive attacks!" Owen shouted. "But he's going to shake that Taunt off... but we stopped him for now!"

Shield attacked several times, aiming for Shiron and Curio!
Shiron: 6
Curio: 8

"He's... not that strong, either," Owen added. "I mean, I guess we hear his name as Shield, but..."

Meanwhile, Groudon seemed to be losing himself. He shouted something that was borderline feral, and then swung his arm as the air around him got hotter. Several of the team around Shield shied away, looking exhausted from having to deal with the very weather conditions that their team had set up. Typhlosion was saying something to Groudon, but it didn't seem to be in the same language as Cibus' natives. Whatever he was saying, though, the tone had a calming effect, and it seemed like Groudon was still going to hold out.

Typhlosion used Soothe I on Groudon...

Silver's team is looking tired...

Curio and Brisa's burns dealt a little damage!
Support Boost for the enemy team ended!
Shield's Provoke ended!

Celeste, Nip, and Dave were revived!

Shield: 428
Groudon: 8,845
Rayquaza: Where did he--

"Guys!" Owen said. "I--lost track of Rayquaza?" It was a chaotic fight, but he was certain that Shield had him at around the time he was Taunted, and then...

"So is this one of your toys?" called a voice from behind Shield, who spun around in surprise.

"What--who are--"

"Hi! I'm Darkwhite! What's this?" Darkwhite held up two capsules, which contained Kyogre and Rayquaza. "That Mudkip over there told me you'd be here! But I overslept. It wasn't until a bunch of those big attacks happened that I woke up!"

Shield lunged for Darkwhite, but she floated higher. "Hi, guys!" she waved at Team Spectrum. "So is this the party I heard about? Great, great! Then we should start now!"

Darkwhite has entered the battle!
Darkwhite stole Rayquaza and Kyogre!
Darkwhite is using Celebrate!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom