• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Air Continent ~ Baram Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
On the Air Continent, taking full advantage of the windy atmosphere that the land provided, was a town of windmills that had enough power to supply the whole continent, should it ever be needed. Colorful, cylindrical buildings dotted a tall hill, most of them equipped with their own windmill all the same, as a perpetual breeze ran through the town from east to west. It was the embodiment of the Air Continent's namesake, and occasionally even some flying Pokemon caught the breeze just for fun. Paved stone paths and stone rocks lined the proper routes to take through town, but some Pokemon took their own way as always. This was a traditional town that kept to its old aesthetic, even as newer technologies embedded themselves within their homes.

<><><>

R12 - Poffin Break [Raven & Seyka]

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven soared above the town, catching the breeze over the sea that surrounded the town. She'd passed by this place several times on her adventures but never stopped. Now, however, she had a friend with her, and it was as good a time as any to drop in! Perhaps she could find something else Bahamut would like while shopping. Seyka had a good habit of finding the most interesting things too, so maybe she'd find something she'd keep for herself! The Shade glanced over to the Skarmory. "Ready to land?"

RJR Basimilus

Arceus is nice I suppose...
Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Seyka stared down at the town, his eyes searching for nothing. "Sounds good to me," he said. The Skarmory's wings simply paused in mid-flight and he plunged downwards before lifting his wings slightly into a glide.

"Ahaha, I always wanted to try that," he shouted, looking back up to where Raven was.

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven watched him fall, unconcerned. He simply did things like that, to try them. She wasn't as confident as she was made of ectoplasm, and did not have a proper body or actual feathers, but it looked fun! Instead, she grinned down at him and began to circle down. "Perhaps one day I can try it too!"

The Shade slowly made her way to a decent spot and fluttered until she got her feet on the ground... Here she could see the town in all it's rustic glory, with it's windmills and the white buildings that lined the top of the cliff. She couldn't smell the scents like an actual Pokemon, but it was still there in a way. There was plenty to take in! Maybe after they'd explored Baram Town completely, they could check out the forests and other places outside it, too! Raven turned to Seyka, still smiling.

"What do you think of it?"

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Not much," Seyka said, making a face. "I've lived in a forest for centuries so I can't make an opinion that means anything about buildings."

"If I had a house like this though, I think I'd like it," the Skarmory said. "Maybe my life would have taken a different turn for the better."

"If that were the case though, I'd be long dead. Ha!"

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"I never have anything to talk about," Seyka mused. "I guess that's why I only talk to approximations of pokemon all the time."

"It's not something I mind though," the Skarmory continued, "Back home, no one talks to me unless they need something. Except one or two others."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"You lead the way," Seyka said. "I feel like I've heard the term, but I don't know what a poffin is."

The Skarmory smiled. "One of those strange snackfoods maybe? I'm not too fond of group meals, so to speak, but I'll be fine."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
Raven smiled. "It is a kind of snack food! I really like the chocolate covered ones. We don't have to eat it inside the store, either."

She led them through the town, searching for the best baked goods and sweets shop there was to find. They passed by a lively square on the way that was full of vendors hawking their wares along with townsfolk doing their daily shopping. Children played around the alleys. Raven mindfully made her way past it quickly for Seyka's sake, and finally ducked into a little shop filled with bread, savory and sweet items, and the wafting scent of something being brewed...

"Oh my... It all looks fantastic..."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Mmm, if only that guy I knew back home were here instead of me," Seyka said. "Oh well, I guess I'll have to enjoy it for him!"

The Skarmory laughed. "Pick whatever you want, I'll eat it. I'm good at being told what to eat, ahahah."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Choices are important," Seyka said slowly, "So it's my choice to leave that choice to you."

The Skarmory made a face. "My opinion isn't anything to be concerned about. But-"

For a moment Seyka was quiet.

"I do like sweet things..."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
The Shade smiled gently. "Alright. Let's see what there is..."

A short time later, she handed the Skarmory a round pastry covered in a cheri cream frosting, with a full dozen more held in a box.

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
Consuming the entire thing in one bite, the Skarmory's expression changed, becoming far away and wistful for a second.

"Oops," Seyka said, shaking his head. "Didn't mean to get so riled up."

"I like it," he exclaimed, "So what are you going to do? Eat the rest?"

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"I do plan to eat half of them! The other half is for you. We can go to the forest or back to the cliffs, whichever one you like."

Raven opened the box and snuck a chocolate one out while waiting for him to answer.

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Half is for me?"

Seyka stared in confusion. Then, he nodded. "If you say so."

"As before though, my choice is to defer to you," the Skarmory said. "Forests, cliffs, the difference is negligible. Why don't you pick whichever one is the most interesting."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"Hmm... Well, we can see who's arriving by air or the Lapras Liner if we go to the cliffs... But there's the chance to find a nice meadow if we go to the forests..."

She thought about it for a moment, then shrugged. "Let's go to the cliffs for now. There's plenty of forests to explore some other time."

RJR Basimilus

Partners
  1. arceus-fighting
  2. lurantis
  3. arceus-poison
  4. haxorus
"Lead the way then," Seyka said blithely, "I live in a forest anyway, so I'm not missing out on anything."

"Now that I think about it though- we're not really missing out on anything huh. Well, maybe not you, but we'll forget this all when this ends. So it shouldn't matter what we choose to do, because it'll make no difference." The Skarmory tilted his head to one side. "That's an exciting thought actually."

Disco

Ace Trainer
Pronouns
They/Them
"You might remember, somehow. You never know. I plan to visit those I can in their dreams. It might help them remember..."

When they arrived at the cliffs, the Shade set the box down between them. It was filled with a variety of fruit flavored and chocolate covered puffs, six of each. Raven started nibbling on one and staring out over the Sea of Wonders, to try and catch a glimpse of anyone approaching over the horizon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom