• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Aegis Cave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
As Dave powers up, Necrozma and Celeste Paralyze Pepper, reducing her speed by 2 and her actions by 1, leaving Pepper with just 1 action!

Vix's Solar Beam dealt a CRITICAL 100 damage to Pepper!
Cabot's Rock Slide dealt a CRITICAL 77 damage to Thyme and 61 to Pepper!
Curio's Drain Punch dealt 46 damage to Thyme!
Starr's Flame Charge dealt 41 damage to Thyme!
Nip's dual Ice Shard dealt 100 damage total to Thyme!
Cino's Iron Thorn dealt 21 damage to Thyme!

Thyme is Staggered!

The onslaught was overwhelming and it was only getting stronger. Pepper, with only enough speed to get one action, gave a panicked look at Thyme, who was on one knee and panting. "Thyme! Get somewhere safe!"

"But the plan..."

"Forget the plan, I--I can't see you like this!"
Pepper dug through her bag and pulled out a strange orb, smashing it on the ground. A bright light enveloped her, showing all of her movements for an easy spotlight in the battle. Meanwhile, Thyme, reluctant, shot another orb on the ground, and suddenly disappeared. It would be a lot harder to hit him like this...

"I'm not done with you yet," Thyme said. They may be on the defensive with that veil in the way, but there was one thing that no silly barrier could properly protect against... "Eat seeds, shithead!"

Pepper used a Luminous Orb! All damage against Pepper is 50% stronger!
Thyme used an Invisify Orb! All damage against Thyme is 50% weaker!
Thyme used Reflect!
Thyme used a Small Blast Seed on Cabot, Nip, and Dave for 50 damage each! Cabot and Nip's shields are down!

Darkrai watched again, and then glanced at Pepper. Thyme was looking weak; there was something emerging from his back, but Darkrai could not see it. Instead, he looked back at Cresselia--he had been suspicious of her movements.

Manaphy was preparing to strengthen Pepper again, but before he could do anything, Cresselia blasted Manaphy with a strange ball of light. It didn't look like an ordinary attack; it looked like something meant to dispel nightmares, and yet... When it hit Manaphy, he abruptly collapsed.

Cresselia struck Manaphy with a strange attack! Manaphy is down!

"Thyme, Pepper!" Cresselia begged. "Fight it! D-Darkrai, please! Fight it! Remember what happened... something overcame us!"

"You... have always tried to hold me back," Darkrai said, holding his palm forward. A horrible aura collected at the tip, and this attack was something Cresselia could see. Her eyes widened with fear and she drifted back.

"Darkrai... Darkrai, you... you can't possibly... please! Fight it..."

Darkrai fired twice, each one leaving corrosive burn marks on Cresselia's body.

Cresselia and Darkrai are locked in battle!
Cresselia is Calling Darkrai!
Darkrai used Shadow Blast on Cresselia twice, dealing 51 damage and then a CRITICAL 64 damage total!

Darkrai is too far away to hit...

Hail pelts the team from the expansive Aurora Veil for 5 damage. Celeste was knocked out, but revived!

Thyme: 90, half damage
Pepper: 358, 1.5x damage

The swamp subsided!

Two actions: Astrid, Celeste, Dave (must rest), Nip, Starr.

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Zane sneered at the orbs flashing, blocking his eyes from the luminous orb. “I was wondering how you managed to have kids! Invisibility explains it all!”

Shiny Phantump

Through Dream, I Travel
Pronouns
She/Her
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. absol-mega
  3. silvally-psychic
  4. ninetales-phantump
  5. cosmog
  6. gallade-phantump
  7. ceruledge-phantump
Celeste forced himself back up onto his feet as the reviver activated. He glowered at Pepper. “Cresselia’s right, you know. You’re under the disease’s influence... and I’m afraid we can’t let you leave until we’ve cured it, be that the easy way, or the hard way.”

He didn’t bother to wait for an answer. They weren’t listening. Instead, he lept towards Pepper. She had wounds, and she’d seemed to daze herself with the Luminous Orb more so than she did anyone else. This was the perfect chance take those wounds and... open them a little further.

Ambyssin

Gotta go back. Back to the past.
Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Necrozma's core crackled. "Hang on... that attack Darkrai used..." He brought his arms to his sides. "The aura behind it had the same signature as the parasite that popped out of Balm." There was something else to it, too. But it was a factoid best saved for later. When, hopefully, they were in a less... precarious situation.

He hadn't said anything to his teammates the whole fight. "... tch. As expected, I'm useless against these two." But at least even someone as worthless as him could pass what pathetically limited energy he had to the ones who were doing some good. He raised his right arm and some of the light Maple gave him crackled around his claws. Necrozma sent warm light crashing over Dave, Nip, and Celeste. He then dropped to the ground. His core went dark.

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Momentum continued to work through the team, but it seemed that the Reflect that Thyme had cast ended up doing much more of a benefit to the team than expected. By the time the flurry had completed...

Celeste's double Assurance dealt 86 damage total to Pepper!
Vix: Vix's Solar Beam dealt 120 damage to Pepper!
Nip's quad Ice Shard dealt 50 damage total to Thyme!
Starr's Leech Life dealt a CRITICAL 33 damage to Thyme!

...They were both still standing.

"W-wow," Owen mumbled. "Guess they aren't the heroes of time for nothing..." Then, shaking his head, he shouted, "Guys! One more shot! Watch out!"

Thyme and Pepper used Grass-Water pledge on Nip, Dave, and Vix!
Nip: 33
Dave: 24
Vix: 15

Thyme downed an Elixir.

Pepper used Agility, then downed an Elixir as well!

It seemed that no matter what they tried to do, they were about to deal with Thyme and Pepper's attack for one more volley.

Darkrai and Cresselia are staring each other down; while Cresselia was still speaking to him, it seemed like they were at a stalemate where neither one took action.

Thyme: 7
Pepper: 152

The swamp has returned!
Dave and Nip have 2 actions!

Last edited:

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
This wasn't good, and it was getting less good by the minute. Everyone was on the edge of passing out—enemies, allies, himself—and he couldn't help at all. The closest he'd come to attacking was that blue bubble that dissipated in mere moments. If they could just outlast Team Spice, they could win. They needed time.

Time. "Jellies," he swore under his breath. He could definitely help with that. He trudged back to the front lines, covered and coated in mud, swamp, sweat, and he didn't want to know what else. "What kind of heroes do you call yourselves?" he shouted. He pulled that same energy from last time out with surprising ease, but he didn't have the energy for excitement while his lungs burned for air.

"Save the world?" He gasped between shouts. "You can't even save yourselves!" He threw his claws towards their forms coated in shadow. "Look! How can you even recognize each other?!" Every wound and muscle ached. He already regretted this stunt, but hoped it could buy the worthwhile members of the team just enough time. He hated seeing them so—losing. He hated losing. "Get your heads on straight, why don'cha?!"

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Starr pulled out her Useless Lump--

"Starr!" Owen shouted. "There's a slug thing on Thyme's back! That's the weak point!"

Indeed, crawling and dangling from the back of Thyme's neck, there was a single, strange slug-like creature dangling off of him. It was trying to burrow back inside while Thyme was prone!

Not on Starr's watch.

Starr used her Useless Lump on Thyme, dealing 10 damage!

The lump slammed into the slug, which shrieked before that cry was abruptly cut off. Thyme collapsed to the ground, a golden light weakly washing over his body.

Cabot's Rock Slide dealt a CRITICAL 149 damage to Pepper!
Dave's Assurance dealt 62 damage to Pepper!

Pepper was knocked out!

"Wait!" Owen shouted, holding up his hands. The others, who had prepared a strike, immediately held back when both foes were down--there would be no need to fight them if they were that weak... right? They were moving differently, even after the Reviver brought them back.

"Something... something's different about T--"

And then, without warning, a strange beam of light struck Pepper in the back as she was rising, forcing her back to the ground with an annoyed grunt.

"I think that's enough," Darkrai grunted.

Cresselia drifted back, narrowly dodging one of Darkrai's strikes. "Wait--Darkrai, no, please--"

Darkrai used Dark Void on Cresselia, plunging her into a Sleepy state!

Cresselia wobbled weakly forward, panting. "Dark... rai..."

Darkrai eyed Thyme, then Pepper. Bringing a hand forward, his own shadow rose from his back and gestured for something to come from Pepper--and just like that, something jumped from Pepper's back and landed on Darkrai's arm, drilling inside. Black ink and haze billowed out, and Darkrai winced. "Ghh... I...."

"Ugh..." Thyme groaned weakly, but Darkrai was clutching at his head, grunting. Pepper couldn't stand, limp on the ground. They briefly exchanged a look, but then both became still.

Two more slugs were skittering on the ground and leapt toward Darkrai, plunging into his body next. A horrible aura pulsed across the field, but everyone seemed to be unaffected--until a horrible shriek filled the air.

Darkrai used Shadow Nightmare, dealing 500 damage to Cresselia! Cresselia passed out!

Owen's legs trembled. "G-guys..." He looked to the others. "Guys! Don't--Don't let his attack put you to sleep! I don't think we can last even a moment asleep in front of him!"

"You would be... correct."

Darkrai used Shadow Blast on Zane, Nip, and Dave!
Zane: 62
Nip: 62
Dave: 45

Darkrai slowly drifted toward them, his body misshapen and corrupting by the second. His left arm jerked and twisted in strange motions, like it was fighting, yet his right hand held it firmly, squeezing the life out of it until, finally, it went still.

"I used to be mere seconds away from plunging the world into darkness and ruling over it with absolute might. Now I am nothing but a babysitter for three overgrown brats, the kids of those who defeated me. Now... it is time for me to return to that darkness."

Darkrai has entered the battle.
HP: 1000

"We... We can't win," Owen said in a whisper. "How... how can we defeat s-someone after all we just went through?"

Darkrai kept coming closer. A Dark Void was brewing in his hands. He looked like he was ready to follow it up with who knows how many other strikes.

He would wipe their whole team in one volley. They--

The Water-Grass Pledge combo dealt 646 damage to Darkrai!
Two Blast Seeds dealt 100 damage to Darkrai!

Darkrai: 254 HP

Heads turned just in time to follow the source of the all-out attack.

"That's... all we've got," Thyme said, standing on both his front knees. It looked like, unlike all of the other strikes that he'd been doing, Thyme was not holding back with that one. While severely weakened, Thyme had fought Darkrai with his full will; it was all he had until he finally fell to the ground.

Pepper, whose claws were wet with the last of her Water Pledge attack, was barely holding herself up with one arm. "Whatever you did... it freed us," Pepper said. "We'll thank you later... but I don't think we'll last another strike. Please... save Darkrai! He's... all twisted up!" But despite her words, her body would not respond. She could no longer fight.

There was no time for error: If they didn't defeat Darkrai right then, the results would be catastrophic.

Special condition: Achieved

Hail pelts the team for 5 damage, and then Dave, Nip, and Zane are revived!

Last edited:

Tanuki

Friend of All Chu
Pronouns
He/him/his
Well that hurt. Despite it all, Zane stood strong. That, or he forgot to fall over in all the mayhem and excruciating pain. He choked in as much air as possible, but it never felt enough. His eyes fixed on Darkrai. The embers of that blast still burned his fur. Darkness clawed at his vision, his skin. Team Spice hit Darkrai hard, but not hard enough. The team needed him down, and they needed him down now.

He'd gotten something from Cino. He had no idea what, but his energy surged when he watched Cino... encouraging a teammate. Worth a shot? He scanned everyone to see who to try helping when his eyes landed on Curio. She looked fine—well enough to battle, that is. If they could take Darkrai down, they needed her.

Zane pulled at that energy, darkness clawing at him the more he pulled. "Curio!" The energy burned his throat. His vision faded. "Knock that basketball with hands into next year! Hear me?!" He couldn't see at all, but he refused to stop. "Hit the..." his lungs screamed as his voice faded, "hard. Hit hard." He only knew he was conscious thanks to the cold floor he'd apparently fallen onto. "Go, you... girl."

unrepentantAuthor

A cat that writes stories.
Pronouns
they/she
Partners
  1. purrloin-salem
  2. sneasel-dusk
  3. luz-companion
  4. brisa-companion
  5. meowth-laura
  6. delphox-jesse
  7. mewtwo
  8. zeraora
Somewhere inside Brisa's combat hormone-soaked brain, there was a spark capable of identifying that Thyme and Pepper were okay, that she wouldn't have to tell their daughters that they were gone, that she might yet get to ask someone like her father why he stayed... just a spark, amidst a storm of instinct, training, and violent intent. She kept up her assault.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Partners
  1. sylveon
  2. weavile
  3. kommo-o
  4. noivern
  5. mothim
Cabot nodded at Thyme and Pepper, before turning back at Darkrai and charging ahead. Either they'd take down Darkrai right here and now, or he'd take them all out, so Cabot had to give it all he got.

"Here's what I think of your darkness!"

Cabot's tail took on a metallic sheen as he jumped up and swung it at Darkrai with all his might.

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
Zane pulled at that energy, darkness clawing at him the more he pulled. "Curio!" The energy burned his throat. His vision faded. "Knock that basketball with hands into next year! Hear me?!" He couldn't see at all, but he refused to stop. "Hit the..." his lungs screamed as his voice faded, "hard. Hit hard." He only knew he was conscious thanks to the cold floor he'd apparently fallen onto. "Go, you... girl."

Curio stopped attacking long enough to notice Zane’s words of encouragement. “Woah, you go, big, er, guy? Guy that probably needs an ambulance or a Chansey or both?”

Namohysip

Dragon Enthusiast
Staff
Partners
  1. flygon
  2. charizard
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. sceptile
  6. marowak
  7. jirachi
Cabot's Iron Tail dealt 148 damage to Darkrai!
Curio's Drain Punch dealt 77 damage to Darkrai!
Starr's double Leech Life dealt 116 damage to Darkrai!
Vix's Solar Beam dealt 39 damage to Darkrai!

Owen made several chittering noises before hopping ahead to shout at the others. "Save your items, I think we took him down!"

The attacks all smashed Darkrai into the floor--the King of Nightmares was completely overwhelmed by the onslaught of attacks, unable to stand up to the decisive power that had been thrown at him. At some point it seemed like his misty head had been smashed into his shoulders, his arms splaying to his sides limply. Four of those slugs crawled out of his chest and scattered.

Owen caught one in his hands and screamed for someone to get a jar—thankfully, they had brought a few just in case. The other three scrambled about. One of the quicker ones was heading for the exit; another was darting toward Cresselia, who was starting to wake up; the third lunged toward the team indiscriminately, trying to burrow into the nearest Pokémon it could find.

Hello? Hello?

“Diyem!” Owen shouted, looking up.

It seems the distortion faded. I can’t see you clearly, but I can hear your thoughts. Is everyone alive?

“Uh—” Owen had to check Darkrai, who was twitching. His arms moved weakly, showing signs of vaguely conscious motion. “Yeah, everyone’s alive.”

Wonderful. What happened?

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
Well now, wasn't it just oh-so convenient that the moment the so-called distortion faded from the area, Diyem was magically able to contact them again. It didn't matter, though. Even though his body screamed in pain, he could see one of the slugs lunging toward the stronger attackers on his team. With a heavy grunt, Necrozma flew into its path and swatted it down to the ground like it was a slimy volleyball.

"... get me a jar," he rasped, floating between Cabot, Starr, Nip, and the smushed brain-slug-thingy.

Ambyssin

Pronouns
he/him
Partners
  1. silvally-dragon
  2. necrozma-ultra
  3. milotic
  4. zoroark-soda
  5. dreepy
  6. mewtwo-ambyssin
"Thank you." He took the jar, which clattered against his shaking arm, and scooped the mushy hellspawn into the jar before fastening the lid closed. "These things are multiplying like feral buneary in springtime. I don't like this."

NebulaDreams

Ace Trainer
Partners
  1. luxray
  2. hypno
“Woah,” Curio said, “what the heck is that thing? Can I squish it?”

Partners
  1. skiddo-steplively
  2. skiddo-px2
  3. skiddo-px3
  4. skiddo-iametrine
  5. skiddo-coolshades
  6. skiddo-rudolph
  7. skiddo-sleepytime
  8. snowskiddo
  9. skiddotina
  10. skiddengo
  11. skiddoyena
The slug-creatures scattered as soon as the others had managed to bring Darkrai down, and Skara panicked. Bad enough she'd fallen off the cave wall and right in front of an attack that would've floored that cranidos—though at least it had kept him going long enough to defeat the two adventurers, so silver linings, probably, ow—but now the things were getting away, and while several members of the group had sprung into action to deal with the three obvious threats, one of them was squirming its way into the shadows of the cavern exit while they were scrambling to stop its friends.

She had to do something. It was going to get away, and who knew where it might disappear to. (But what if it possessed her, or someone else? What if it turned the group against one another like it had Team Spice?) It was too dangerous to leave loose. (They already had two contained, someone could just crush it instead.)

But... but if they had more... if they could study them, learn more, understand what and why and how... if she could just spend some time with the things and figure them out—

The grubbin wormed her way forward as hurriedly as she could, snapped her pincers shut on the tail of the fleeing slug-creature and immediately regretted every decision she'd ever made. This hurt, by the bloody mists it hurt, this was a terrible idea and there was precisely zero reason not to let one of the more experienced pokémon handle this and everything was terrible and probably Diyem should've asked Paldros for help after all.

"Ow! Um— a jar— another, ow, sour sap this is— help!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom