• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Search results

1. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 45

Here it is, the final chapter! Chapter 45 Gentle waves lapped Maressa’s feet. The sun highlighted the white scars etched into her skin. Digging her toes into the sand, she buried her feet, hiding the scars—but they stretched up her legs, onto her knees, disappearing under her clothes and...
  2. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 44

Hi everyone! Here it is: the penultimate chapter! I'm so happy I got to make a detailed description of a deep-sea seascape; I imagine I might not get the reason to do it in fic again. This chapter was heavily inspired by the Starset song Diving Bell (not least of all because it features a diving...
  3. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 43

Hi everyone! Here is the next chapter. I admit that it's one of the cheesier ones. If I had more time, I'd probably do large reworkings around it so that it's not so cliched, but for the sake of completing this fic and getting it out, I'm leaving it as it is with the minor revisions done since...
  4. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 42

So, a bit of exciting news on my end! I've got the rest of this fic organized, which means I can promise it'll end at 45 chapters, which will all be uploaded by the end of February. What a way to celebrate my golden birthday! I'm so excited to be posting the rest of this fic; I've been waiting...
  5. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 41

Hi everyone, I want to give a massive THANK YOU to everyone who has read and reviewed this story for Review Blitz! Seriously, it means so much to see people read my stories and enjoy them <3 That being said, I promise to get around to replying to the reviews within the next few weeks--I really...
  6. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 40

Hi everyone! Apologies this is a day late--with Review Blitz, I've been falling behind on editing and rewriting chapters. To everyone who has left reviews recently: I promise to get to them! I just want to keep up my weekly pace of uploading a chapter, and will reply to reviews once the Blitz...
  7. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 39

Thank you, everyone, for all the replies! I might not get to them until the Review Blitz is over, but I promise that I WILL respond to them. They mean so much to me! And thanks to everyone who's been sticking with this fic so far--a lot happens in this chapter, and it's the longest I've posted...
  8. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 38

And here's chapter 38! Chapter 39 needs some rewriting before it's ready for posting, but I'll try to get it done for next week. Enjoy! Chapter 38 Sunlight sparkled as it passed through the sea surface, illuminating the blue seascape. Spires of algae-covered rock pointed upwards, forming...
  9. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 37

Merry Christmas and happy new year! Apologies that this is behind schedule--a lot of unexpected things happened in real life back in early November, so I've had quite a set back. That being said, here's the latest chapter! I had a lot of fun writing this one, so I hope you enjoy! Chapter 37...
  10. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 36

Hi everyone! Apologies for the delay--I had thought I was out of updated chapters to publish, but I still have a few more! Hopefully I'll put out a chapter a week for at least the next three weeks. So here's chapter 36! Chapter 36 Eventually—after how many days, Maressa didn’t know, and she...
  11. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning

Okay um wow THANK YOU for leaving such a glowing review! :veelove: No worries on getting behind--it means a lot that you decided to read and catch up! Ha, I looked back at where I posted this story on Serebii and after I posted Chapter 16 at the fic's 4th anniversary, you speculated that the...
  12. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 35

Hi all! Here's the next chapter. It's also quite a short one. Enjoy! Chapter 35 The crystal waters of Sootopolis lay stretched out below Steven. The surface was deceptively calm. He held the ancient slab in his hands, his heart racing. Several members of the Pokemon League stood around him...
  13. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 34

Here's chapter 34! Apologies it's a week and a day late--my life is going through big adjustments, but I hope to continue to keep up with the weekly schedule for a bit longer! Chapter 34 “Tabitha.” At the sound of Maxie’s voice, he looked up. Tabitha had taken Courtney into the storage...
  14. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 33

As promised, here's Chapter 33! I still need to do some proofing and editing on Chapter 34, but it should be ready by next Friday. Chapter 33 Trees and scrub brush were no more than green blurs beneath them as the helicopter flew over the craggy land. Standing by the control panel near the...
  15. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 32

Hi all, here's this week's chapter! I hope you enjoy. Chapter 32 Derek met Maressa again later that evening. He hadn’t seen her parents—he wasn’t sure he wanted to, and Maressa made it sound like a bad idea. “It’s non-stop interrogation,” she told him as she wolfed down some spaghetti. “...
  16. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 31

Heya, here's the next chapter! Enjoy! Chapter 31 Beep. Maressa wearily lifted her eyelids. Bright lights hung from a white ceiling. Panic suddenly overwhelmed her—she jerked her head around. She lay in a white bed with an IV tube connected to her arm. Several other lines ran from her body...
  17. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 30

Hi all, here's chapter 30! Fun fact: it's the shortest chapter in the fic! I hope you enjoy. Chapter 30 Derek took in a deep, shaky breath. The waves of the ocean raced up the sandy shore. To his right, the sand gave way to rocky jetties and cliffs. The waters raged as they dashed against...
  18. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 29

I was without my personal computer last week, so it's a week late, but here is chapter 29! Chapter 29 Spires of ocean rock rose up all around him, covered with aquatic plants and coral. They eventually gave way to craggy cliffs covered with crustose coralline algae that formed underwater...
  19. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 28

Hey everyone! Here's the next chapter. I'm travelling next weekend so chapter 29 might be a few days late. Enjoy! Chapter 28 Heat radiated from the cavern walls. Derek tugged at his shirt, trying to vent himself. Even though he wasn’t wearing his old Team Magma uniform with thick fabric...
  20. Starlight Aurate

Pokémon Drowning
    Threadmarks: Chapter 27

Hi everyone! I am slowly recovering from the typhoon (I have power, but water is temporary and only lasts a few hours before it sputters and dies). In the meanwhile, here is chapter 27! I hope you enjoy. Chapter 27 Waves calmly lapped the small stone outcrop. The sky grew dim as night...
Top Bottom