• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Search results

1. Dragonfree

Pokémon The Quest for the Legends

Thanks for reviewing! I believe I responded to IFBench on Discord before, but answering a couple of questions here for anyone else who might be wondering:
  2. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 77: Home

It's time! Today, on The Quest for the Legends' twentieth anniversary, is the time I hoped to get to post the final chapter here, and it all worked out in the end. Thank you to everyone who's followed along! Chapter 77: Home “It’s a soul gem,” Molzapart said as Mark turned the purple...
  3. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 76: Chalenor

Note that chapter 75 has also been posted! Don't read this one until you've read that. More suicide content warning here. This chapter is the one chapter to have been expanded a little bit beyond the original version; these expansions were made in kind of a rush, but I hope they represent an...
  4. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: The Final Stretch - Chapter 75: Mewtwo²

Apologies for the wait! The climax of the story is finally here with chapters 75 and 76 (the two are being posted simultaneously, because 75 raises a lot of questions answered by 76). Note that there is still one more chapter after this, which should be posted on Sunday, the story's twentieth...
  5. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: The Final Stretch - Chapter 74: Unraveling

Chapter 74 is here! A.k.a. the final bit of leadup to the climax of the story, featuring a lot of callbacks to the early chapters. The Final Stretch – Chapter 74: Unraveling They’d been assigned the west side of the region, and despite everything that had happened since yesterday, no plans...
  6. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: The Final Stretch - Chapter 73: Recuperation

Chapter 73 is here, finally. Chapters 75 and 76 ought to go up simultaneously, so although chapter 74 art is probably getting finished today I'll probably try to post that one when I finish the chapter 75 art? Something like that. The Final Stretch – Chapter 73: Recuperation Mark...
  7. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: The Final Stretch - Chapter 72: Rick

Chapter 72 time! I was looking forward to writing this one for a very long time. :copyka: The Final Stretch – Chapter 72: Rick They flew to Cleanwater City. May was silent, staring fixedly ahead, leaning forward as if it’d make Skarmory go faster; Mark couldn’t begin to guess at what she...
  8. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: The Final Stretch - Chapter 71: Shattered

Chapter 71 at long last! In which some of these tensions that have been simmering finally come to a head, and we begin the final five-chapter arc leading up to the climax. Content warning: this chapter contains a brief reference to an implied suicide attempt. The Final Stretch – Chapter 71...
  9. Dragonfree

Extras: Chapter 70 Extra: Not Alone

Another extra, for a change! This time about Waraider. (Spoilers for chapter 70, if for some reason you are looking at the extras separately.) I have not been drawing art for extras, but as it happens Chibi Pika drew some excellent art for this one once, so I'm including that below - thanks! <3...
  10. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 70: Waraider

After a lengthy wait because ungodly complex chapter art, I finally present: horse fight Chapter 70: Waraider When Charizard finally caught up with Robin and Xatu, it was because they were descending and slowing down. The unicorns were an indistinct shape near the horizon; he wasn’t sure...
  11. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 69: Lies

Chapter 69 time! In which the search for the Waraider herd is on and May continues to be Fine. Chapter 69: Lies May lay awake in her bed, arm over her eyes. Sparky had given everyone a room in the gym; hers was next to his own, and for a long time after lying down she’d indistinctly heard...
  12. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 68: Truths

Chapter 68, in which we revisit Carl. Chapter 68: Truths It was well past dark when the three Charizard touched down near the temporary Crater Town Gym by the roots of Mount Fever. Mark’s Charizard and Charlie were panting in exhaustion; Robin’s didn’t show it so much, but shook his body...
  13. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 67: Friends

Chapter 67! In which we try to gather more party members. Chapter 67: Friends “No, I’ll definitely help. I’m not finding much of anything here anyway. Where are you right now?” “Scorpio City,” May said. “Right. Felix has never been there, so I can’t Teleport to it – think you could meet...
  14. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 66: Doubts

Chapter 66 (only three days, because I am just a liar). In which Alan is Fine. Chapter 66: Doubts “Right,” said Robin with a sigh as they ate lunch in a busy Scorpio City restaurant. “So what do we know about the Waraider herd exactly? I’ve never been super-into legendaries.” “They’re...
  15. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 65: Three Dragons

Chapter 65! In which our heroes fight some more dragons. (Note we're caught up with the chapter art again now, and I'm trying to take them relatively slow, so expect somewhat longer gaps between chapters - 4-7 days most of the time, probably.) Chapter 65: Three Dragons “Just try to treat...
  16. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 64: Hide and Seek

Chapter 64! In which May is Fine. Chapter 64: Hide and Seek The quickest way to Acaria City was to fly. Skarmory couldn’t fly as fast as Charizard with a trainer weighing him down, so May borrowed Mark’s Charizard. It was strange flying an unfamiliar Pokémon, and despite how many battles...
  17. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 63: Recovery

Hope you all enjoyed that definitely real chapter 53, unfortunately I have now cancelled my changed plans and am instead going ahead with chapter 63 :sadbees: In which our protagonist is incapacitated. Chapter 63: Recovery Mark woke and found himself on a bed with his arm in a cast. He...
  18. Dragonfree

Extras: Chapter 53: Away (NEW AND IMPROVED)

Dear readers, there has been a change of plans. I know I said I'd keep this to light edits, but the whole direction of the fic after a certain point ultimately just went a little too dark. Instead, I would like to back up a bit and present a fully rewritten version of the remainder of the fic...
  19. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 62: Diplomacy

Chapter 62 time! In which I realize there has not been enough Mark whump in this fic. Chapter 62: Diplomacy Mark didn’t know what he had been expecting, but he had not been expecting Raudra and Puragon to descend murderously upon them the moment they were within range of the Eastern...
  20. Dragonfree

Threadmarks: Chapter 61: Mewtwo

Chapter 61 time! In which we actually talk about the plot again. Chapter 61: Mewtwo When Mark woke up the next morning, it took him a moment of looking over the sleeping Pokémon around them to realize Scyther was there, awake, sitting against Charizard’s side. He crawled out of his...
Top Bottom