• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Search results

1. Ambyssin

Pokémon Once a Thief

I wonder if Newangle City is actually just a refurbished locale from the main line games. Or, like, all of this setting is actually some bizarro region. Perhaps Unova, given the focus on the Tao trio and Irune being a gen V dragon, too. Maybe this is Castelia City. Or since the ending blurb --...
  2. Ambyssin

Pokémon Once a Thief

All right. You want three chapters? I'll give you three chapters. But it's my blitz style. Aka not what you're used to. 15 -Stains on an inn floor are totally water leaks and definitely not any other kind of fluid, bodily or otherwise. [lenny face] -Lyle, beggars literally cannot be choosers...
  3. Ambyssin

Pokémon Once a Thief

I know I got assigned this for V-Wheel, yet I don't find myself with all that much to say about the chapter over all. It's not a bad chapter by any means. I just think some of the stuff at the healer's den failed to hold my attention because the fic has, at this point, established a pattern of...
  4. Ambyssin

Pokémon Once a Thief

Huzzah! Forward progress that didn't involve getting into a fight. I think this chapter might've had a longer word count than a couple of the previous ones? Or I'm just seeing things. But it felt brisker in spite of that because the team's able to get through multiple set pieces before shambling...
  5. Ambyssin

Pokémon Once a Thief

Oh, hey, look, they ran into the chief and had a big ol' scuffle because of it after all. Though the, uh, misdeeds alluded to in the previous chapter sound more like cases of miscommunication killing judging from what follows. Which is... always something people will have mixed feelings on...
  6. Ambyssin

Pokémon Once a Thief

I want to say the stuff overheard between Rampardos and Archeops is setting up for a future conflict with this High Chief -- a tyrantrum, perhaps? Because of the "short-arms" stuff -- but it's hard for me to tell. To be honest, I was more interested in that part than the ensuing skirmish that...
  7. Ambyssin

Pokémon Once a Thief

Fs out to the poor souls reading this on sites without embeded text stuff. The hightongue bit is suitably fancy and stuff but it does screech the pace to a halt when I have to stop to pull up the embed (or, thinking as someone not reading it on TR, constantly scroll back and forth for the...
  8. Ambyssin

Pokémon Once a Thief

How to Succeed at Pissing Everyone Off Without Really Trying, by Quilava "Baguette" Lyle Talk about a literal crash course of running into basically everyone the team had pissed off up to this point in the story. Because that's exactly what happened. I don't personally care much for the Team...
  9. Ambyssin

Pokémon Once a Thief

I find myself with not much to say about chapter 8, here. I expected this to be about them getting what they needed to depart with Hermes and potentially hitting a snag, but I guess seeing you say "longer chapter" in your description led me to falsely assume they'd be departing the city with...
  10. Ambyssin

Pokémon Once a Thief

2 So, togedemaru are the nopon of this story. Duly noted. I expect one will end up in the “party,” then. The raid starting with a totter orb brings smoke and flash grenades to mind. Less video gamey and more like police raids. Or the kinds you see on TV, anyway. I do appreciate that...
Top Bottom