• Welcome to Thousand Roads! You're welcome to view discussions or read our stories without registering, but you'll need an account to join in our events, interact with other members, or post one of your own fics. Why not become a member of our community? We'd love to have you!

Join now!

Search results

1. Arukona

Pokémon Once a Thief

Welp, Review Tag's up to be claimed over at United and there's one chapter newly released since last I visited here. So let's check it out and see how our not-quite-heroes are faring this time around. (I swear, one of these days when I claim that Review Tag it'll be Fledglings being reviewed...
  2. Arukona

Pokémon Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Free Fiction

Well, hello there! It has been an age and a half since I last reviewed this fic. More than a year, in fact. I would've loved to have caught up sooner, but alas so many fics have been vying for my attention that this one regrettably fell by the wayside. :sadbees: I haven't forgotten about this...
  3. Arukona

Pokémon Fledglings

Well, hello there! Man, it has been a while since I last stepped into this fic. It's been - checks notes - nearly a whole year since I last had a gander at Fledglings, since I did a review reward for it back for Union's Review Event last year. One of those fics I've been meaning to get back to...
  4. Arukona

Pokémon Once a Thief

Well, hello again! Here I am back to review Once a Thief, not too long after dropping you a sizeable enough review back during Review Blitz. And now that Diner’s Review Event is on, I guess you could say this is Round 2: Electric Boogaloo. Now that I was finally caught up with the fic before...
  5. Arukona

Pokémon Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation

Well, here I am back again to the fic that keeps on giving. With the Review Event over on PMDiner up and running, and this fic being up for Review Tag on top of that, I figured I'd do what I've done for Review Events before and use this as an opportunity to get my teeth further stuck into this...
  6. Arukona

Blitz 2023: Prize Claim Thread

Level of Prize: Forum Companion Type of Prize: Sceptile Preferred Method of Contact: Discord (arukona)
  7. Arukona

Blitz 2023: Hype and Rec Thread

My fic recommendation for this week of Review Blitz is PMD: Rebirth by Shadow of Antioch. It's a PMD fic whose story as a concept is very much reminiscent of the dying days of the Roman Empire, and once you frame it like that, you can clearly see the signs of rot in the world that the fic takes...
  8. Arukona

Level of Prize: Level 2 Type of Prize: Art Preferred Method of Contact: Discord (arukona)
  9. Arukona

Pokémon Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rebirth

So I've heard about this fic for quite a while now, mentioned in passing by others over at Writers' United, where it's typically in quite high regard. Generally, I've heard glowing reviews, and in particular, praise from @Spiteful Murkrow, whose writings for Once a Thief supposedly take a bit of...
  10. Arukona

Pokémon The End: Rekindled (Now Complete!)

Hello, hello! I happened to be wandering the forums for a PMD fic to review this Review Blitz, and this one I admit I've been curious about checking out for a while now. I saw this fic's name frequently on FFN back before I began writing in 2021, and more recently, I've seen it being uploaded on...
  11. Arukona

Pokémon Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Path of Valor

Well, took longer than expected, but I'm finally checking out Path of Valor for Review Blitz. And while there's no bonus points to be had this week from it, I've been itching to get caught up based on vague allusions of what's in these latest batch of chapters. (Also doing this out of...
  12. Arukona

Pokémon A Rock and a Heart's Place [Oneshot]

This oneshot was written for a writing prompt event on the PMD Writers United Discord server during December 2023/January 2024. The prompt was: 'Often unsung, the Shopkeeps of the Mystery Dungeon world have some equally interesting stories with their strange items and dangerous locales…'...
  13. Arukona

Level of prize: Level 3 Type of Prize: Art Method of Contact: Discord
  14. Arukona

Blitz 2023: Hype and Rec Thread

Right, time to slide in recs for this week and make up for the fact that I forgot to make a post last week. :sadbees: There's two fics I read this week that I'm really struggling to decide between both of them for just how jaw-droppingly brilliant they were. But weighing it up between them, I...
  15. Arukona

Pokémon Legends Legacy: A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Adventure

Hello again! Figured I'd drop by for a second helping of this fic, seeing as how much I liked the first fifteen chapters from my initial review I sent at the beginning of this round of Blitz. Also might as well avail of the 'Review fics you've already read!' bonus that's hanging over all our...
  16. Arukona

Pokémon Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Hands of Creation

Well, figured I’d finally get around to this fic, now that Week 2 of this Review Blitz’s come along with its big shiny ‘Review fics you’ve already read!’ bonus dangling in front of all our faces. And since I’ve already reviewed this fic a few times, now’s a prime opportunity to get stuck back...
  17. Arukona

Pokémon Once a Thief

Hello there! I’ve been anticipating waiting for Review Blitz to come along for a few months now just so I could have a crack at getting caught up on this fic. Last Review Blitz, I recall enjoying this fic enough to review it in its then entirety of thirteen chapters (and upon submitting it, I...
  18. Arukona

Pokémon Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Dual Wills
    Threadmarks: Chapter 29 - Animus Festering

Chapter 29 Animus Festering "Urgh…" Arian let out a yawn and wiped sleep from his eye. Another early morning, and yet the Riolu still hadn't fully adjusted to the new routine of waking before the sun rose. Elvira was in a similar state, bleary-eyed at having to get up before dawn. But the...
  19. Arukona

Pokémon Magic & Transvolution

So I’ve heard about this fic a number of times during convos on Union, United and TRCord, but I confess I haven’t delved in to check it out yet. That’s the beauty of review events like Review Blitz right now, though, in which I get a chance to catch up on stuff and whittle down my reading list...
  20. Arukona

Pokémon PMD: Warped Skies

So I’ve finally decided to check this fic. With the way Warped Skies looms large in the conscience of the PMD fandom, being one of only four PMD fics to reach over a million words, I knew that I would have to check it out at one point. I’ve checked out the other three million-worders already...
Top Bottom